Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The veil begins to slip...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The lads he is defending are people who fought for OUR country, other parties have gone out of their way to destroy OUR country.

The saltiness over the last few days has been nothing short of beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

Apt username

Just as people began voting for Sinn Fein, people who would want nothing to do with the IRA and this fool shouts "up the RA".

Its going to make it difficult for FF to form a government with them when the likes of this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

The lads he is defending are people who fought for OUR country, other parties have gone out of their way to destroy OUR country.

In no way, shape or form did those "lads" do anything but drag our country down and backwards.

Between Ellis and this lad the true colours are shining through already.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cullinane-sinn-fein-5001861-Feb2020/?utm_source=shortlink

You are confusing your IRA’s.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Killers of Gardai and Irish people didn't "fight for our country."

**** the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

He should be expelled from the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Nothing to see here. Proud Irish man. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

https://twitter.com/i/status/1226921320866369536

up the ra is trending on twitter. Why wouldn't it? The terrorist party got a quarter of the vote.

Is stand up - fight back

the new armalite and ballot box?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The tears have flowed into a second thread. Great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Thread title is a little off. He seemed to be openly showing admiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Just as people began voting for Sinn Fein, people who would want nothing to do with the IRA and this fool shouts "up the RA".

Its going to make it difficult for FF to form a government with them when the likes of this happens.

How is he a fool? This is what they believe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Why did I know as soon as I heard this It would mean another sf bashing thread on boards . Predictable ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He originally claimed he meant the hunger strikers. Then the vid was played back to him, he said he didn't know someone recorded it, and tried to dig up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Brilliant:D:D

Thread title is a little off. He seemed to be openly showing admiration.

Yes, but he didn't realize he was being filmed.

I thought you would have realized that Sinn Fein admits to admiring the IRA's struggle, to talk to the IRA when they are accused of murdering someone, and of having ex-IRA people in their staff, but they say that they don't actively endorse the terrorist organization today.
    Hurrache wrote: »
    tried to dig up

It's a conspiracy.

He is defending the PIRA, did they fight for your country?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Billcarson wrote: »
    Why did I know as soon as I heard this It would mean another sf bashing thread on boards . Predictable ****e.

You hardly thought it’d be used to praise them?
    This is a man who is potentially going to be in a government position. This is not a good look.

They want to represent this country on an international stage, this bollox acting has to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

What sort of eegit sings that when they're just after being elected into government as part of a party often scrutinized for their affiliation with the terrorist group?

His knuckles must be raw from that dragging about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Nothing to see here. Proud Irish man. Get over it.

Proud of this:

cropped_enniskillen_bombings.jpg?t=1510147307

And this:

f78gEQh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Billcarson wrote: »

It shows the absolute naivety of some of them when their leader is trying to get a coalition going and he starts that ****e. And their line leading up to the election was that the RA didn't exist anymore, they've progressed beyond that point.

That guy - hold my beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

FF and FG should field candidate in the next northern ireland elections

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

MY country is the Republic of Ireland.

I fail to see how bombing different parts of the United Kingdom such as Belfast, Birmingham and London to kingdom come qualifies as fighting for MY country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

GooglePlus wrote: »
    What sort of eegit sings that when they're just after being elected into government as part of a party often scrutinized for their affiliation with the terrorist group?

His knuckles must be raw from that dragging about.

To add to that, his party will push for a border poll. Any border poll to be successful would have to get the support of a sizeable number of unionists north of the border.
    Leopards and spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

No matter how many Sinn Fein candidates were returned, the 'Up the Ra's' the shouts and cheers and rebel songs - the fact that people voted for yer wan in Meath who took a holiday over the canvassing period makes me wonder did the majority actually know who they were even voting for. I wonder will she end up being the Minister for City Breaks.

I think the country haven't voted for change at all they are throwing us back to the dark ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

FF will have no qualms about going into govt with SF. The crocodile tears shed from MM were quickly forgotten when the SF sluice gates opened in every ballot box yesterday.

Don't for one minute believe that FG or FF have any morals.

How is he a fool? This is what they believe in.

This is not what their new voters believe in. If they want to go back to 10% of the vote then keep shouting 'up the ra'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pretzill wrote: »
    No matter how many Sinn Fein candidates were returned, the 'Up the Ra's' the shouts and cheers and rebel songs - the fact that people voted for yer wan in Meath who took a holiday over the canvassing period makes me wonder did the majority actually know who they were even voting for. I wonder will she end up being the Minister for City Breaks.

I think the country haven't voted for change at all they are throwing us back to the dark ages.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fann Linn wrote: »
    FF will have no qualms about going into govt with SF. The crocodile tears shed from MM were quickly forgotten when the SF sluice gates opened in every ballot box yesterday.

Don't for one minute believe that FG or FF have any morals.
    They'd need an Ard Fheis for that and that's pretty much no hope.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    It shows the absolute naivety of some of them when their leader is trying to get a coalition going and he starts that ****e. And their line leading up to the election was that the RA didn't exist anymore, they've progressed beyond that point.

That guy - hold my beer.

'No one is surprised the Provisional IRA still exists'

https://sofrep.com/news/the-ira-plotted-to-bomb-a-ferry-full-of-people-on-brexit-night/
    https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-08-19/police-escape-injury-as-bomb-explodes-in-fermanagh/
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2019/0923/1077773-belfast-school-device/
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/20/two-teenagers-arrested-over-lyra-mckee

The last four are all within the last year. Ancient history me hole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement