Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The veil begins to slip...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

We're told that it's in the past and that the people who voted only care about now and the future.

Then an elected representative shows us they are still very well stuck in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I genuinely don't have a problem with SF being part of the next government. They can't be any worse than the last two FG led governments. What I do worry about is that most of the newly elected SF TDs haven't a clue on how to behave or diplomacy. The linked article in the opening post is a classic example. The party have spent years telling us that they aren't part of the IRA then you have idiots like this chap not being able to keep his mouth shut with excitement. He's ruled himself out of several ministerial posts with that little ditty alone. Can't imagine him as a junior justice or foreign affairs post for example

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is not what their new voters believe in. If they want to go back to 10% of the vote then keep shouting 'up the ra'.

I'd say a lot of new Sinn Féin voters will be watching like hawks - if the veil slips like this much more there will be buyer remorse and SF will go back to being the irrelevance they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

How the fcuk can someone in this day and age not expect to be filmed when up giving a speech?! He should be kicked out for bein too bloody thick, let alone his behaviour...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'd say a lot of new Sinn Féin voters will be watching like hawks - if the veil slips like this much more there will be buyer remorse and SF will go back to being the irrelevance they were.

Who will they vote for instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

pjohnson wrote: »
    The tears have flowed into a second thread. Great.

I bet you got a right chuckle is the last election when Adams' opponents attacked him about him having covered up sex abuse, and he still topped the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I genuinely don't have a problem with SF being part of the next government. They can't be any worse than the last two FG led governments. What I do worry about is that most of the newly elected SF TDs haven't a clue on how to behave or diplomacy.

But they can. That's what people don't seem to have grasped.

Is the solution to our issues electing people, many of whom can't even speak coherently?

These people are suppose to represent the country in a government and that's going to make things better?

It can be A LOT worse than the previous government.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I genuinely don't have a problem with SF being part of the next government. They can't be any worse than the last two FG led governments.

They can are they are. Just look at the shambles in the North.

Who will they vote for instead?

Back to FG. “Up the tans”. I’m sure a lot of posters here would be delighted with the sentiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

• Advertisement

They can are they are. Just look at the shambles in the North.

I suppose you lay none of the blame for the “shambles” at the door of the loyalist parties. Heaven forbid.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Another thread about SF and the election - quelle surprise?

Seriously guys, there is no need to start a new one every time there's a comment about the party somewhere in the news. There are plenty of existing threads where this "issue" can be discussed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement