Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never mind Sinn Fein, who are the knuckle-draggers who voted Fianna Fail

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Not in economics anyway

But jug eared and illiterate are just childish insults. There's no need for it. I know OP might be upset his party got a thrashing for being out of touch but at least criticise your opponents on the basis of policies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'd just like to say, I hope McDonald and her tribe of illiterate, jug-eared Hardy Bucks can nail something together with the Greens and the rest of the loo-lah contingent - PBP, SD, etc. - so that FG and FF can spend some quality time in actual opposition, and the whole ridiculous edifice can be pulled down in shreds in 12 to 18 months.

If she was properly clever, she'd keep well the Hell away from actual government and go for a real wipe-out election next time, but there's no way they'll be able to keep their snouts out of the trough. :pac:
    My god you're salty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

But jug eared and illiterate are just childish insults. There's no need for it. I know OP might be upset his party got a thrashing for being out of touch but at least criticise your opponents on the basis of policies.

Fair enough. They know absolutely nothing about maths and economics and are a huge danger to the future of this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I voted SF and I find your comments condescending. Would hardly consider myself illiterate considering I have a first class honours degree. Your comment is somehwhat an ad hominem attack rather than a constructive criticism.

What an idiotoc comment. An honours degree means nothing. The dogs going the street have degrees and even masters degrees these days. It doesn't mean the holder is in any way a wise or sensible or even more than of average intelligence.
    And I say that as the holder of a masters. There are plenty of absolute space kadets and gobshítes with honours and masters degrees, even PhDs. Likewise there plenty of people with an inter or group cert who are highly intelligent and bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

I voted SF and I find your comments condescending. Would hardly consider myself illiterate considering I have a first class honours degree. Your comment is somehwhat an ad hominem attack rather than a constructive criticism.

An SF supporter calling for "constructive criticism".

LOL

• Advertisement

I'd just like to say, I hope McDonald and her tribe of illiterate, jug-eared Hardy Bucks can nail something together with the Greens and the rest of the loo-lah contingent - PBP, SD, etc. - so that FG and FF can spend some quality time in actual opposition, and the whole ridiculous edifice can be pulled down in shreds in 12 to 18 months.

If she was properly clever, she'd keep well the Hell away from actual government and go for a real wipe-out election next time, but there's no way they'll be able to keep their snouts out of the trough. :pac:

FF and FG clearly worried their ever decreasing percentage of the vote share is quickly evaporating. If they don't get real one of them might go the way of the Home Rule party.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nevermind SF and FF, someone actually with a pulse re-elected Simon Harris. The most incompetent health minister I can remember who was probably the very reason this snap GE was called. FG might learn not to give high ministerial positions to tea boys.

What an idiotoc comment. An honours degree means nothing. The dogs going the street have degrees and even masters degrees these days. It doesn't mean the holder is in any way a wise or sensible or even more than of average intelligence.
    And I say that as the holder of a masters. There are plenty of absolute space kadets and gobshítes with honours and masters degrees, even PhDs. Likewise there plenty of people with an inter or group cert who are highly intelligent and bright.

I'd hardly consider myself illiterate.

Ballso wrote: »

LOL

Yes! Lets resort to childish insults then!

Ballso wrote: »

LOL

Actually I am not really a SF supporter, I vote for a number of parties. FF and FG are two cheeks of the same arse and will eventually merge into each other when they realise their vote share is dropping precipitously. FG are in big trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDqncFz-w8A

It was glorious seeing FG being routed. Their arrogance was amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Can all the political threads please fcuk off to the political forum? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Can all the political threads please fcuk off to the political forum? Thank you.

Its the current affairs forum, whats more current than the country's GE? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

They know absolutely nothing about maths and economics and are a huge danger to the future of this country.

Much like the bunch that landed this country with a debt of €220 BILLION so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

rob316 wrote: »
    Nevermind SF and FF, someone actually with a pulse re-elected Simon Harris. The most incompetent health minister I can remember who was probably the very reason this snap GE was called. FG might learn not to give high ministerial positions to tea boys.

Th health service was in a jocker before simon harris stopped wetting the bed.

did he break it? no. did he fix it? no. will SF fit it?...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I was referring to the party membership, not their voters, who as I've noted elsewhere are mostly pissed-off Fine Gael voters. And I'm not interested in criticizing them constructively, I want them to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

washman3 wrote: »

Yes and that's why they will be in government with each other in a fee days. To **** the country once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It is important to be able to distinguish between education and intelligence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Oh, they knew.

• Advertisement

Edgware wrote: »
    It is important to be able to distinguish between education and intelligence

In that case I think many Fine Gaelers are lacking the intelligence to see out of touch they are with life in Ireland atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

rob316 wrote: »

Anybody remember Mary Harney????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Not a fan of FF myself (have never voted for them), but just about everyone in opposition at the time wanted them to spend even more.
    As for who landed the country in so much debt, it's a long list.... Government, regulator, banks, builders, speculators, developers, and a lot of Irish people who lost their mind in the boom.....

For the OP, and never mind Sinn Fein, I still remember Garda Jerry McCabe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Not a fan of FF myself (have never voted for them), but just about everyone in opposition at the time wanted them to spend even more.
    As for who landed the country in so much debt, it's a long list.... Government, regulator, banks, builders, speculators, developers, and a lot of Irish people who lost their mind in the boom.

I’m sorry but that argument of FG and opposition parties being responsible for the economic crash because they weren’t effective enough in opposition is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

As for who landed the country in so much debt, it's a long list.... Government, regulator, banks, builders, speculators, developers, and a lot of Irish people who lost their mind in the boom...

Fianna Fáil certainly have more than their fair share of Blithering Idiot moments, but I don't think it's quite as simple as "FF buggered the country!!" either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Fianna Fáil certainly have more than their fair share of Blithering Idiot moments, but I don't think it's quite as simple as "FF buggered the country!!" either.

Actually I think it is that simple. They ignored the signs, accused people of "talking down the economy" remember that? Bertie said he didn't understand how "those people don't commit suicide". The warning signs were there and FF ramped up the economy with tax breaks for developers and first time buyers Free money with the SSIA...

Advertisement