Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairc Ui Chaoimh parking

Options
  • 11-02-2020 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

Coming down to Cork for a match in the coming weeks. It’s been years. Where is a good place to park within shouting distance of the grounds? Don’t mind pay parking. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

It's as it says on their website really. No parking available there, use the park and ride or the city center car parks and either walk 15 mins, or hop on the 202 bus.

https://paircuichaoimh.ie/pairc-ui-chaoimh-match-day-info/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Thank you so much!

quote="pwurple;112522535"]It's as it says on their website really. No parking available there, use the park and ride or the city center car parks and either walk 15 mins, or hop on the 202 bus.

https://paircuichaoimh.ie/pairc-ui-chaoimh-match-day-info/[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

If it's on a Sunday, street parking is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

pwurple wrote: »
    It's as it says on their website really. No parking available there, use the park and ride or the city center car parks and either walk 15 mins, or hop on the 202 bus.

https://paircuichaoimh.ie/pairc-ui-chaoimh-match-day-info/

15 m?need to be fairly fit to do that in 15 m from the city centre,more like 35

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Boreenmanna Road around Parc Ui Rinn / Cork Con is reasonably wide and can be parked on at the weekend, if you're early enough - its a short walk to Parc Ui Chaoimh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭mikeecho

You could park at Mahon point shopping centre.
    Walk along the Mahon link rd, at the dogs home u can join the walkway, that will bring you all the way to the pairc.

Shared route
    From B&Q to Pairc Ui Chaoimh via R852.

41 min (3.3 km)

1. Head north
    2. Turn left toward R852
    3. Turn left toward R852
    4. Turn left onto R852
    5. Turn left
    6. Turn right
    7. Turn left
    8. Turn right
    9. Turn left
    10. Arrive at location: Pairc Ui Chaoimh
    To see this route visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/pohHvnXsYJT31R2o7

Maps says 40min walk.. but I've done it a lot quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lisamullins83

If you head down in good time just pull up on any road in the area, there's loads on on-street parking. Follow the crowd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

If you head down in good time just pull up on any road in the area, there's loads on on-street parking. Follow the crowd!!

Yep...and extra points for blocking drive ways and roads. Bonus for parking on grass.

Ffs..just park in town and walk or in mahon as someone suggested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Ludo wrote: »
    Yep...and extra points for blocking drive ways and roads. Bonus for parking on grass.

Ffs..just park in town and walk or in mahon as someone suggested

They said “on street parking”.
    What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

What kind of game and what crowd would be expected. Big difference between your young lad playing a game on the 4G pitch, a Division 3 football game and a Division 1 hurling game. In the first case you should be able to park in the stadium, you would get close for the football but the hurling would be tougher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

They said “on street parking”.
    What are you on about?

As you probably well know, I am on about the fact there is really very little on street parking other than going into housing estates and clogging them all up as happens every match. People should not be encouraged to use car parks and public transport or walk rather that. I dont even live anywhere near the area so it doesn't affect me but the crap the people living there have to put up with is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

WHL wrote: »
    What kind of game and what crowd would be expected. Big difference between your young lad playing a game on the 4G pitch, a Division 3 football game and a Division 1 hurling game. In the first case you should be able to park in the stadium, you would get close for the football but the hurling would be tougher

Even if it’s hurling, lots of parking on the long straight roads nearby like Central Park Road or Monahan Road or up around Pairc Ui Rinn.

You can walk from the city as well, it’s a good walk though.

Like WHL said, really depends on the game, if it’s the footballers in the league, there will be only about 1k at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Can I ask if anyone trying to park up by the Silver Key, Ardmahon area

Please dont park on the yellows in Churchyard Lane or on the grass verge in Ardmahon.

Ludo wrote: »
    As you probably well know, I am on about the fact there is really very little on street parking other than going into housing estates and clogging them all up as happens every match. People should not be encouraged to use car parks and public transport or walk rather that. I dont even live anywhere near the area so it doesn't affect me but the crap the people living there have to put up with is ridiculous.
    It was suggested to use on street paring and you went on a rant/tirade.
    If they want to get there early and available of a valid parking spot, then it's up to them.

It was suggested to use on street paring and you went on a rant/tirade.
    If they want to get there early and available of a valid parking spot, then it's up to them.

So long as it's valid and not parked across a drive and not lumped on the grass. The hassle caused by parking without concern is damaging

So long as it's valid and not parked across a drive and not lumped on the grass. The hassle caused by parking without concern is damaging

This is after a con match last week and just had footpaths and grass repaired.

Three times last year I've had people park across my drive and had them towed

Fully agree. I've seen it at games myself and it's ridiculously inconsiderate (and illegal in many cases).
    But like most things, if it's not enforced......

Fully agree. I've seen it at games myself and it's ridiculously inconsiderate (and illegal in many cases).
    But like most things, if it's not enforced......

They've promised to enforce this season and in fairness there was a parking guy on a bike around last week, didn't help my grass but at least the double yellows were clear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

For big games even legitimate on street parking in the area can clog up the vicinity for hours. Have some respect for the locals and park as far away as you can manage.

Advertisement