Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

Cancelled :(

Sad, but inevitable. Always next year (fingers crossed). See ya there folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

https://twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl/status/1252688187333451776

Sad but at least it sounds like they will be back. The fear with a lot of festivals is that they won't be able to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Expected - still gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

Expected but still hurts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Anyone hear anything on refunds yet?

Would be great if they offered the option of just rolling over your ticket to next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Anyone hear anything on refunds yet?

Would be great if they offered the option of just rolling over your ticket to next year

Na heard nothing yet, but that could be a good thing meaning they could be working through that atm and trying to get the same lineup organized.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Email just went out to ticket holders now. Do nothing and your tickets will remain valid for 2021.

If you want to request a refund, there's a form link in the email, and you must request the refund by midnight 21st May 2020.

I'm holding onto my tickets, but if you're not, I recommend seeking out that email in your inboxes or spam folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Email just went out to ticket holders now. Do nothing and your tickets will remain valid for 2021.

If you want to request a refund, there's a form link in the email, and you must request the refund by midnight 21st May 2020.

I'm holding onto my tickets, but if you're not, I recommend seeking out that email in your inboxes or spam folders.

They said a refund should appear in your account within 10 days of submitting for.
    Has anyone received a refund ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Andrea B. wrote: »
    They said a refund should appear in your account within 10 days of submitting for.
    Has anyone received a refund ?

No give it another little while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

No give it another little while

Have you submitted for refund billybonkers?
    I have a fair bit due back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Google photos has started showing me my "memories" from this time of year... Its hard to look!!

I got the Facebook event notification last weekend "Body&Soul 2020 is happening soon" and nearly cried. God I'd love to be there.

On the flip side, the weather for the weekend looks nasty so maybe it's a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MJohnston wrote: »
    I got the Facebook event notification last weekend "Body&Soul 2020 is happening soon" and nearly cried. God I'd love to be there.

On the flip side, the weather for the weekend looks nasty so maybe it's a relief.

Yeah I would've have been on the festival site now doing two 12 hour shifts for my festival ticket for this coming weekend.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

First time in 11 years that I wont be heading to Ballinlough for Solstice weekend
    And this year I was due to follow it up by heading over to Glasto on the Wed!

Man 2020 sucks
    F*CK YOU COVID 19

I done a blog report about Body&Soul not happening this year and a look back on all the years I've worked the festival. https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2020/06/18/a-fallow-year-for-festivals-bodysoul-a-virtual-tour-through-the-years/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Hope everyone is feeling a little better about not going this year with the really ****e weather.

Havnt been in about three years but definatly going next year

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Body and soul, I salute you ! To next year. (I'd no magic mushrooms anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Moving to September.

Where’d you hear that? Any idea when in September? Bit annoying as I always went with my kid but he’s starting school in September

Moving to September.

Hopefully it doesn't clash with EP, ideal would be the time Bestival came around normally the weekend after EP or even later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Hopefully it doesn't clash with EP, ideal would be the time Bestival came around normally the weekend after EP or even later.

Interesting...seeing as they are gone from EP, I wonder will it be same weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Rfrip wrote: »
    Interesting...seeing as they are gone from EP, I wonder will it be same weekend

It would be a shame if it did, I'd imagine there's still a decent bit of crossover with attendees. Also body and soul hasn't sold out in the last few years either so it would be shooting themselves in the foot a bit I'd say. But maybe ticket sales won't be an issue after a year of no festivals.

It is positive news for events later on in the year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

I gather that's only for this year, and hoping the covid situation will be better by then?? Mid Summer is waaaay more suited to B&S imo. Can't beat those long evenings (literally the longest of the year!), plus the chill is definitely there once the Sun goes down in September.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Was checking B&S' twitter this eve because its usually about now they announce lineups etc, and they have put a lot of stuff out about an online gig thing:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Great for them but it would be nice to hear from them about the festival

I doubt there's much they can say about a festival given we probably are unlikely to be having festivals again this year. I thought it might be possible up until the vaccine rollout stalled completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

Officially postponed till 2022.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

I’m not surprised at all. Hopefully they can come back strong next year - I’m certainly hanging onto my ticket.

Body and Soul on the list of recipients of funding under the Live Performance Support Scheme, for something called "Equinox":
    Body & Soul Event Creations Ltd – Equinox will showcase exemplary Irish practitioners of music, comedy, spoken-word, set design, cross-pollinating practises, creating new authentic performances.

It'll presumably a series of one-off small things, but it's good news that they're still doing stuff, and getting some funding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Dear Government.... F**k you.
    Regards, festival people.

There's a pandemic that thrives when people group together ffs. Not everything is the government's fault and moan worthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Officially postponed till 2022.

from their FB page 4 hours ago.

Reflecting on a solstice weekend that could have been, the celebrations not far in our future and a decade of days spent in Ballinlough with you!

While it tugs at our heartstrings to miss out on another year of Body&Soul, we expect our patience will be rewarded with a reunion for the ages in 2022.

From the tops and bottoms of all of our hearts, thank you to everyone who attended, contributed, shaped, danced and laughed at Body & Soul throughout the years.

You’re the reason why we’ll raise our glasses this weekend, and the reason why we’ll return to Body&Soul to do it all over again.

Until we meet again, raise your flag!

Advertisement