Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you voted Sinn Fein in the GE, why did you do it?

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    For me, it's housing. I would rate O'Broin much more highly than the FG or FF equivalent. There has been progress on more joined up thinking and this needs to progress further. The percentages of public owned housing stock is very low of EU standards and throwing money at HAP to private landlords or hotels and B&B's, is a stick plaster solution. The change in policy emphasis is not going to happen overnight and FG had made a start, but this needs to accelerate.

The fragmentation in voting preference is simply a result of more and more people refusing to say 'til death do us part' to FF or FG. They'll have to up their game to attract voters back and competition is healthy. Should SF prove to be a flop, then they'll suffer. If they prove otherwise then we'll have moved on from civil war politics.

Based on what exactly? His constant fence sitting for the past decade or however long he's been oppsing everything? Sitting whining in opposition is completely different to actually doing the job and ensuring the economy remains strong so we have the revenue to pay for things. If you think that's going to happen under SF then you're a lot more optimistic than I

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

limnam wrote: »
    Feel free to do it on medians

You still won't be able to afford it.

I can afford it, sure I'm filthy rich and part off the mega wealthy elite.*

*I earn over 40k

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭limnam

GreeBo wrote: »
    I can afford it, sure I'm filthy rich and part off the mega wealthy elite.*

*I earn over 40k

funny too.

Some have all the luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

road_high wrote: »
    Based on what exactly? His constant fence sitting for the past decade or however long he's been oppsing everything? Sitting whining in opposition is completely different to actually doing the job and ensuring the economy remains strong so we have the revenue to pay for things. If you think that's going to happen under SF then you're a lot more optimistic than I
    Based on following the Dail Housing committee for quite a while, he did a good job seeking more info from the minister and the department. He clearly gets it and they often agreed with his suggestions.

Advertisement