Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

kylith wrote: »
    How is everyone doing?

For me the nausea and exhaustion have hit. My energy isn’t helped by my 16mo discovering tantrums and expanding her climbing range. I’ve spent a lot of today wondering what I’m doing and feeling a bit overwhelmed and weepy. Yay hormones!

No nausea here yet, just tiredness, but even that doesn’t seem to be as bad as it was on my first. I’d actually welcome a few symptoms at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭chooey

Hi, joining this group too-found out a couple of days ago that I'm due around 30th October. It's number 2 for me. I'm the same Flix in that I'd welcome some symptoms too-have absolutely none!
    Mine has come at an awkward time-handed in my notice in my job a few weeks ago and have to give 10 weeks notice so not starting my new job until the end of April when I'll be around 13 weeks. Haven't signed contract for new job yet so can't tell them and I dread telling them that I'm leaving a few months after starting!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I was in the same situation almost with my first, I started a job an discovered I was pregnant a week later. Luckily HR was a lovely woman. Unfortunately going back after maternity leave was untenable. Hopefully yours will be better.

How are my October mamas doing? I’m exhausted, constantly queasy, hungry but have no appetite, and though I’m sleeping well I’m having insane dreams. my subconscious seems fixated on the idea that i’m Having twins, and also that I’m further along than I think. We’ll see how accurate it is.

The gestational diabetes diet sucks, low Carb versions of stuff like pasta are completely turning my stomach. I’m already sick of calculating carbs for everything that passes my lips, gods love actually diabetic people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ardgorm

Still really queasy at night time, tired and thirsty.
    Caught a stomach bug during the week which really wasnt pleasant to say the least!

Had our reassurance scan which I was really anxious about as we had a miscarriage previously and so happy to see the heartbeat and all looking well. Still doesn't seem real and probably wont feel like I can get properly excited until after the 12 week scan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭rumar

Feeling great apart from crazy tiredness and very uncomfortable in the evenings as my belly grows. I bought some maternity clothes but haven't worn them yet as I'm still barely fitting into my normal jeans.
    We had a scan the week before last and it was amazing, it was a transvaginal scan so really really really clear and all looked good, I still can't relax though, although a friend of mine said you can't relax at all until your baby is handed to you!
    I feel increasingly hungry, yesterday I was like a bottomless pit but I was quite active out for a big walk and then a couple of hours in the garden, the exhaustion is real though. We have told our families and a few close friends so I don't feel as isolated as I did at the beginning. 9 weeks and 3 days today.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Hi all, I’m unexpectedly joining this group 😊. Only 8 weeks with a due date of 26th October. Trying to keep it quiet until 12 weeks as was so unexpected and as I was on holiday for the first 2 months I haven’t been looking after myself as I usually would have been if I’d know 🙈 . Number 4 for me so our house is going to be mad. All will be under 7yo.... But getting excited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Excited93

This might be a little silly but is anyone else out there a little worried about COVID 19 and getting it while pregnant? I know there’s been articles saying we’re at no greater risk (prob to try and not stress out pregnant women) but after looking at the HSE website I’m a little worried.. like the reason we can’t have hot showers/baths or use hot tubs is to not raise our body temp and a main part of this is a temperature.. it can cause abnormalities and miscarriage in the first trimester.. and we have a weaker immune system anyway while pregnant.. I’m not trying to scare anyone but I think in the first trimester we should all try to be a little aware and be careful.. wash hands and limiting social contact seems reasonable precautions anyway until week 13..
    also anyone with hospital apt’s check the website for info with regards who can go..
    I’m not a health care professional so if anyone is or has any extra information they want to share please do! Not to case hysteria or upset anyone but just so we’re aware of risks maybe.. Thanks!

Have my scan on Thursday, very excited

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

I’m feeling so miserable. Constantly exhausted and feeling sick. Really feeling sorry for myself. Feel like
    I’ve no energy to even go for a walk. I have no patience with my other kids and when I try to do something with them I end up running to the bathroom to throw up. So over it. I’m only 9 weeks and don’t feel I can manage another 3 weeks of this. The fact we can barely do anything or go anywhere with the other kids doesn’t help. Aghhh sorry about the rant. Just feel rotten.

I think the fact this was a surprise pregnancy doesn’t help as I hadn’t psyched myself up for all this. On my other babies I had time to get used to the idea of feeling ****e. Now it feels like I’ve just been thrown into it at a time when I hadn’t prepared myself physically or mentally.

• Advertisement

My wife went for an 8 week scan today in the Evie Beacon. I wasn’t allowed in so had to wait in the car park. The baby is fine, good heartbeat and size.

However, they treated my wife really bad. Her appointment was 30 mins later than scheduled. Frustrating when you have a very full bladder! The doctor didn’t point anything out to her on the screen. Only let her listen to the heartbeat for a few seconds. Did nothing to put her mind at ease.
    She was only inside for about 5 mins.

She was really upset when she came out.
    I’m fuming that we paid 100 euro and she was treated that way.

Thankfully everything seems to be ok though.

My wife went for an 8 week scan today in the Evie Beacon. I wasn’t allowed in so had to wait in the car park. The baby is fine, good heartbeat and size.

However, they treated my wife really bad. Her appointment was 30 mins later than scheduled. Frustrating when you have a very full bladder! The doctor didn’t point anything out to her on the screen. Only let her listen to the heartbeat for a few seconds. Did nothing to put her mind at ease.
    She was only inside for about 5 mins.

She was really upset when she came out.
    I’m fuming that we paid 100 euro and she was treated that way.

Thankfully everything seems to be ok though.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, was it a private scan? I'm not sure what Evie Beacon is?
    We went to Babyscan in Swords and they were brilliant. Glad to hear everything is good with the baby but I'm sure your wife was very upset to be treated like that.

rumar wrote: »
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience, was it a private scan? I'm not sure what Evie Beacon is?
    We went to Babyscan in Swords and they were brilliant. Glad to hear everything is good with the baby but I'm sure your wife was very upset to be treated like that.

Yeah it was a private scan. Our first baby so we weren’t sure what to expect but I assume generally they should be more helpful.

I was thinking of maybe booking another one but it might be best now to just wait for the 12 week public scan. At least we know everything is ok.

Yeah it was a private scan. Our first baby so we weren’t sure what to expect but I assume generally they should be more helpful.

I was thinking of maybe booking another one but it might be best now to just wait for the 12 week public scan. At least we know everything is ok.

That's awful. They definitely shouldn't be treating you that way. We had a scan at 7 weeks as part of our IVF package and then the one on Saturday at almost 12 weeks and both great positive experiences, it's our first baby too so we didn't know what to expect but we're very pleasantly surprised. I'd probably complain to the place you went to. That is jot worth 100 euro, I'm sure your wife was very upset and even moreso with the pregnancy hormones. Not nice at all. What hospital is she booked into got her maternity care? I've heard Holles St are cancelling booking appointments and doing them over the phone so no scan at 12 weeks.

rumar wrote: »
    That's awful. They definitely shouldn't be treating you that way. We had a scan at 7 weeks as part of our IVF package and then the one on Saturday at almost 12 weeks and both great positive experiences, it's our first baby too so we didn't know what to expect but we're very pleasantly surprised. I'd probably complain to the place you went to. That is jot worth 100 euro, I'm sure your wife was very upset and even moreso with the pregnancy hormones. Not nice at all. What hospital is she booked into got her maternity care? I've heard Holles St are cancelling booking appointments and doing them over the phone so no scan at 12 weeks.

Oh ok, we are booked into the Rotunda. April 24th is our 12 week scan so hopefully it goes ahead.
    If not, we will probably book another private scan and go somewhere else, maybe the one you mentioned in Swords.

Yeah I think I will complain, just to get it off my chest at least.

Best of luck to you, hope everything goes to plan for yous! :)

Oh ok, we are booked into the Rotunda. April 24th is our 12 week scan so hopefully it goes ahead.
    If not, we will probably book another private scan and go somewhere else, maybe the one you mentioned in Swords.

Yeah I think I will complain, just to get it off my chest at least.

Best of luck to you, hope everything goes to plan for yous! :)

Ah I hope it goes ahead, it's a very difficult time for parents to be at the moment. Everything is up in the air. If you're on the south side there is a Babyscan clinic in Rathgar (I think) that might be handier. But I'd definitely call the other place and let them know that you are unhappy with the service. You're paying a premium price for a scan the least they could do is treat you with a bit of decency.
    Best of luck to you too!

Had my 12 week scan and all is well according to consultant, massive relief but still doesn't feel real

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Just popping in to say hello to any October mammies. I’m due on the 28th so fairly sure I will go over until November as I was a week over on my first. This is a surprise baby, we had thought we were done but delighted to be adding to our family as well even if we are older and not much wiser this time around.

Congratulations. Hope you and all the other october mums are keeping well.

Looking forward to my 20 week scan next week

Had my GTT on Friday. Thinking that if I don’t hear anything by Friday I can assume that I’ve passed and celebrate with some chocolate and a load of pineapple. I have a second one in July if I do pass this one, because of my PCOS.

Anatomy scan is coming up in the 15th at 22 weeks. Hoping OH will be able to come with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭McCloskey_A

kylith wrote: »
    Had my GTT on Friday. Thinking that if I don’t hear anything by Friday I can assume that I’ve passed and celebrate with some chocolate and a load of pineapple. I have a second one in July if I do pass this one, because of my PCOS.

Anatomy scan is coming up in the 15th at 22 weeks. Hoping OH will be able to come with me.

Have my anatomy scan on 8th - have been told to go on my own unfortunately so maybe prepare for the same

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Same here, anatomy scan on the 12th in nmh and have to go solo. No option anyway as husband needs to mind the other two!

Had mine last week and had to attend alone unfortunately. Thankfully all is looking good!

Damn, I was really hoping he could come, and my parents are cocooning again in anticipation of looking after my toddler. Maybe I’ll ask OH to come and wait in the car, just in case.

Had an anatomy scan in nmh yesterday. Had hardly sat down when i was called in and had a lovely midwife who was really reassuring and kind. Was in a bit of a state all day as it's harder than i thought going in alone, even third time round!
    All looked great and got some lovely pics.

Delighted it went well for you.

I’ve mine in Monday and very excited for it.

That's great, enjoy it! It's lovely seeing the little arms and legs moving and the little feet!

It was great. All looks well. Got some good looks at the hands and feet, and the little heart pumping away. Only 18 weeks left before I get to meet this little cutie.

Ah great! It's great to have a look. I'm always in knots beforehand and so glad to have it over to be honest. Would like another scan now that I can relax and enjoy it properly!

• Advertisement

How are the October mums doing? Our thread is very quiet these days! 33 weeks now here and time seems to be standing still!
    Have been in a and e three times for anti d injection plus an extra growth scan so lost track of the number of scans by now.
    Have really bad pelvic pain so signed off until end of sep when leave starts. Also struggling with carpal tunnel eap at night.
    My oldest started school and moved the toddler into her own room so trying to get a routine established before d day! Hope everyone is feeling well

Advertisement