Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Units

Options
  • 11-02-2020 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone know the prices for using storage units if we plan to put stuff in storage while planning a move?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As you don't tell us where you're located, maybe the place just north of Naas <SNIP> rent containers for €150 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Winter Snowflake

Any idea where in Dublin is the cheapest (insured) storage unit company. Looking for small unit for a few months. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭herbalplants

When I looked into storage units, I came to the conclusion it is an utter waste of cash. You are better off giving away your furniture and buy new when you move as storage fees are so high, you can literally buy new stuff with the money you spend on ir

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I got storage in Dublin for the last couple of years. Half a shipping container was €50pm.

I found with them they dont give prices because the expect haggling. For instance that one im using now was quoted €110 pm first when i called. They called me back a week later saying they had one just come available if i wanted it for €70pm. I offered €50 and they said yes.

Similar follow up calls telling me one had just come available at a cheaper price about a week after first call from a few of them that i contacted. Seems to be standard practice.

Advertisement