Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable starter camera

Options
  • 11-02-2020 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Can someone recommend me a complete camera with a wide angle lense for less then 300 ? I need it unexpectedly for my business. I am on a budget and my phone camera is probably not going to suffice.

I am sure there are many in the know how here who can point me towards a camera that will do the job. A wide angle lense is important.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

mondeo wrote: »
    I am sure there are many in the know how here who can point me towards a camera that will do the job.
    What's the job?

As in, it'll be much easier to offer camera recommendations if you say what you want to use it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Landscaping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Ok, I will ask somewhere else, no one has a bull's notion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You are looking for someone to recommend a camera with a wide angle lens? For €300? You want it to document landscaping work, or to take landscape photographs...?

Firstly, most people would be reluctant to suggest a camera based on your questions, because that is very little money for a suitable camera and your level of expertise is obviously not high... So even with a good camera, you'll also need to have a good attitude to learn how to take good photos.

Secondly, your query is not put very well and you come across as arrogant... Why would anyone want to help you... Remember, you don't have a right to an answer in a community like this, I suggest you give more detail and use a more humble approach and maybe you will generate some better results.

My advice would be to go with a Canon Eos M camera and an 11-22 lens. You might come away with change for €600. If you don't like my comment that's fine, but please don't get arsey and throw it back at me. I'm just trying to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Of course no one has a bulls notion you haven’t given enough detail to offer an answer.

Most modern mobile phones can take an image suitable for most situations, they can take better pictures in the hands of someone who understands about photography and someone with a creative eye.

• Advertisement
Advertisement