Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eu 262. Who do I claim off of

Options
  • 11-02-2020 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Had a Ryanair flight from Manchester to Ireland. Flight was delayed due to the storm earlier on in the day, when our scheduled departure came around weather was good with flights arriving and departing so ovvously a knock on effect rather than extraordinary event.

Ryanair have refused my claim, who do I complain further to???? Irish authorities or the CAA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Nobody, they rejected it because the delay was down to weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

adam88 wrote: »
    Had a Ryanair flight from Manchester to Ireland. Flight was delayed due to the storm earlier on in the day, when our scheduled departure came around weather was good with flights arriving and departing so ovvously a knock on effect rather than extraordinary event.

Ryanair have refused my claim, who do I complain further to???? Irish authorities or the CAA

End of the road for you I'm afraid. Weather related delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

You would complain to the British CAA as your flight originated in the UK but your delay is weather related so you’ll be pissing into the wind unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

billie1b wrote: »
    You would complain to the British CAA as your flight originated in the UK but your delay is weather related so you’ll be pissing into the wind unfortunately.

The delay was earlier on. When my flight was about to leave at the original time it a okay.
    The issue arose because there was a knock on effect to the schedule which is within Ryanair’s scope to rectify. A quick google search will tell you that knock on effects are eligible for compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Then you claim from Ryanair, which you did. They refused, so the option is open to you to appeal. Which they’ll refuse.

Would it be worth the headwreck?

• Advertisement

The delay was earlier on. When my flight was about to leave at the original time it a okay.
    The issue arose because there was a knock on effect to the schedule which is within Ryanair’s scope to rectify. A quick google search will tell you that knock on effects are eligible for compensation.

The knock on effect was due to a weather delay, you will not be compensated. Take it from someone who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

The knock on delay was due to your aircraft leaving an airport with unsuitable weather conditions, it was part of the aircrafts rotation for that day, so yes, a weather delay with a knock on effect still covers the airlines asses, so the ruling will remain the same.
    The only way is to go legal and hope you get a pitiful judge in the small claims court that will rule with you but it’s highly doubtful

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Margaret E. Cash.

Can I just ask, as I'm curious.

Are you out of pocket because of this delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Can I just ask, as I'm curious.

Are you out of pocket because of this delay?

Yip. Had to book into a hotel that nite as there was no more buses running.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Yip. Had to book into a hotel that nite as there was no more buses running.

Maybe you can claim the hotel back? Worth a try ? Although that may only apply if cancelled

Advertisement