Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Dennis ** Please read Mod Note in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Ambergris, I could retire if I found a big lump of that.

Every time I go to the beach I look for it :-) not sure I'd recognise it properly though.. and ewwww.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Ramping up big time again outside cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

P.lane78 wrote: »
    Ramping up big time again outside cork city

And dead calm for now in West Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Same here in north Clare. It’s really ramped up in the last hour. . Some lightening reported also across the bay in conemara

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The Icelandics analysed Dennis at 920 hPa at 15Z

200215_1500.png

They had it at 921 hPa at 18Z, 1 hPa lower than the UKMO. The 12Z Harmonie had it bottoming out at 918 hPa at 17Z, but it has been running a couple of hPa lower than analyses (919 hPa at 18Z versus the 921 hPa analysed).

Windspeeds in Iceland have not been anything special. Max gust today has been 48.5 m/s (175 km/h) at Hellisskarð, southeast of Reykjavik (380 m amsl). It's been an interesting system from an academical point of view, but so far no real impact on land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Quite a squall coming through macroom at the moment. Its probably the worst it's been all day here.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

aisling86 wrote: »
    Quite a squall coming through macroom at the moment. Its probably the worst it's been all day here.

Same here in Donoughmore, Cork - heavy rain and sustained gusts

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Wind has just returned in Galway, welcome back Dinny.

Incredibly sudden. I walked the dog, West of Galway, in virtual calm. Then 30 minutes later it feels like the roof is coming off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Wind stronger than what was forecast already in Galway by the sounds of it...A real howl to the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

Orange level in Waterford earlier, we've dropped back to yellow now and its gotten worse than earlier :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Woken abruptly from a delicious deep sleep by the roaring and deluging and general mayhem. No manners this one. I had gone to sleep without earplugs.. There was a puddle in the hall; got the mop and the handle sheared off. So a hands and knees job. Dennis has a lot to answer for. ;):rolleyes: That mop was only about ten years old......

Viciously loud now, and reading the experts here and met.ie, I gather this was expected and a nasty, sodden, draughty night and day ahead.

Think I will call home while the going is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Thunder and lightning here in South Kerry at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Really starting to howl in Achill now too.

Ambergris, I could retire if I found a big lump of that.

Smells awful but of great value (maybe how FF think of SF at the moment).

Looking at Nullschool the entire North Atlantic from Canada to Ireland is in turmoil tonight.

A night for a tankard of mead!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Jesus. Dennis is back with a bang. Worse than its been all day in kilkenny. Howling

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ARated

Lightening here in the Maharees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Far from calm now in West Mayo, some very strong gusts for the last 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Jesus really gusty all of a sudden in cork city, kind of consant gusts too so making it sound like the worst in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Very wild here now in South Co Limerick, definitely a lot worse than Ciara last weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Wild day in East Meath (obviously nothing like the west), but wind dead as a dodo now.

Drizzle just starting as I type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gust of 77.2km/hr just now. Very windy considering tomorrow is to be windier, wonder if it will be worse than predicted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Yep gone wild in Dublin in the last 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Not too bad at all in north Dublin at the moment. Strong enough breeze but nothing to write home about for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Smells awful but of great value (maybe how FF think of SF at the moment).

Looking at Nullschool the entire North Atlantic from Canada to Ireland is in turmoil tonight.

!

Well. I was just on the phone to family in Canada and they told me what the weather is here! I quoted your post ...Weather bomb etc and how bad we are going to get it now. So hunker down folk! Tonight and today are a DAY.

Oh and in Newfoundland they have ten foot of snow. Crawling out through top windows, and in one place when the snow came off the roof, the roof came off too..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Wind battering Cork City Savage gales

23.00 Mace Head max gust 109km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Quite wild here in South Sligo in the last 30 minutes - the incessant rain was again the biggest feature of this spell so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Blowy in Dublin 9, nothing amazing but the rain has barely stopped all day. Reminds me of my childhood this kind of weather. Were the mid/late 80's early 90's filled with miserable weather of is it just me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Some max gusts at 11pm in km/h

Mace Head = 109
    Valentia = 98
    Belmullet = 81
    Sherkin = 91
    Malin = 67
    Shannon = 94

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Speak Now

aboyro wrote: »
    Orange level in Waterford earlier, we've dropped back to yellow now and its gotten worse than earlier :rolleyes:

Max gust at airport is 43 kts tonight, 53 kts earlier today.

Advertisement