Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Dennis ** Please read Mod Note in OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s calm now here in Carlow but earlier in the night was as bad as we have had here. Very hard to sleep and a bit scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Nothing of note in Louth. Just really low airplanes overhead. Let's hope we get some of it later on today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

typhoony wrote: »
    I'd say it's borderline red level warning from galway up to Donegal for the next few hours, some decent convection on the way also.

Thanks for that assurance.. certainly applies out here.

Loud nasty hailstorm out here now. Rattling on the roof, gale borne.

west mayo offshore waters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

East Galway.mighty sick of this weather.wind made sh1te of our road gate this morning.2 weeks of solid sh1te weather and I’ve enough of it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Calm. Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lightning, severe squall, galway city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Some nice Orange flashes of lightning in Galway with long rumbles of thunder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

8am

Mace head gusting 66 knots (122 km/h)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Very rough night here in North county Dublin. Was awoken by two almighty squalls that pushed through. Both were short but unbelievably intense

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ARated

Castlegregory. Very windy here with high gusts. Heavy Hail shower just passed by. Water levels in the fields have dropped though. Gonna be an interesting drive back to Dublin today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Calm in cork city but it wasn't overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭nmacu

Power just gone in Knocknacarra, Galway City suburbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Powercheck app is filling up.

What’s the latest warning situation? In see an orange wind one on RTE for the south and west today (10:00 to 22:00) but it says it was issued yesterday and I don’t know if they update the website much on the weekends. And I don’t see any reference to them at all on met.ie.
    Manly interested in Galway/Mayo area. Thanks.

At some stage during the morning my station recorded a wind gust of 70mph in Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

What’s the latest warning situation? In see an orange wind one on RTE for the south and west today (10:00 to 22:00) but it says it was issued yesterday and I don’t know if they update the website much on the weekends. And I don’t see any reference to them at all on met.ie.

Doesn't matter when it was issued. Read it again for the applicable times

Doesn't matter when it was issued. Read it again for the applicable times

I’m not asking about when it was issued. What I was asking was if it was still in effect as, if it had changed, RTE could have left it on their site. Do RTE keep this up to date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭John mac

https://www.met.ie/warnings

I’m not asking about when it was issued. What I was asking was if it was still in effect as, if it had changed, RTE could have left it on their site. Do RTE keep this up to date?

Don't mind RTE go to the Met Eireann site it's in force now until 10pm tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

nmacu wrote: »
    Power just gone in Knocknacarra, Galway City suburbs

Is it still gone?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lots of lightening in South galway the last hour, power gone in Kinvara.

John mac wrote: »

That’s the one, thanks.
    Was to drive to Westport today from Kilkenny but sounds dicey enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,885 ✭✭✭✭zell12

07:50 Thunder and lightning storm in Galway
    There was no rain with it. Felt a bit surreal and other worldly walking in it

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Really weird in East Clare
    Flat calm with sun one minute then bursts of hail in battering wind with thunder the next minute...

Road race scheduled at Spanish Point at 1pm today, hasn't been cancelled...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Really weird in East Clare
    Flat calm with sun one minute then bursts of hail in battering wind with thunder the next minute...

Road race scheduled at Spanish Point at 1pm today, hasn't been cancelled...!!
    Them cyclists are made of hardy stuff..new records to be set :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

My weather station has gone blank, not sure if it got damaged but not a day to go up and inspect.

Had some impressive thunder and lightning around 7am, didn't last long but made some racket. Wind has gone from dead calm one minute to ferocious gusts the next. Outside Newport, Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Sun shine and blue skies here in south Kerry , calm before the storm. Pity seems so nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thunder out here. Dark dark skies

West Mayo offshore waters.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That’s the one, thanks.
    Was to drive to Westport today from Kilkenny but sounds dicey enough.

You'd be fine I reckon tbh. It's bad in the squals but otherwise yesterday was worse for driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 SaltyJohn

It was calm for a good few hours in Cork City, starting to pick up again now.

Advertisement