Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to open an account

Options
  • 11-02-2020 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi all,

Could someone please let me know how long does it usually take to open a new account?
    My wife (who has been a resident in Ireland for less than a year) has applied on Sat, 1st of February, and we still haven't heard back. Shall we keep waiting for now, or try to contact BOI directly?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bank of Ireland: Ashley

Hi XVII,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards,

We are sorry you have not heard anything about your wife's account application.

Generally it should take 5-7 working days to open an account from the time of making the application provided your wife's document's  where acceptable.

If there are any details that needed to be reviewed by the applicant, they would usually receive an email informing you of this. Please ensure to check the spam and junk folder as the email can sometimes be sent there.

If your wife still has not received any information, She can certainly contact our Account Opening Team on [font=Calibri","sans-serif]1890 354 454[/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif], or if calling from abroad 00353 14 044 000 and ask for Account Opening and an Adviser will be happy to help.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I hope this information helps.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Many thanks, Ashley.[/font]

Advertisement