Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password

Options
  • 11-02-2020 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I want to order an item on-line.  Its a long time since I last ordered on-line !  I had a few details written down bit I dont understand them!!!.  The following are my notes....  MASTERCARD Verification Password & 3D Secure Password.  I havent a clue of the passwords.  Where do I start to sort out this problem.  Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bank of Ireland: Ashley

[font=Verdana","sans-serif]Hi hilbloom,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards this afternoon

3D Secure is a fraud prevention system that protects you from unauthorised online use of your Visa Debit card. When you purchase goods or services online, you may be prompted to enter a one-time passcode, sent to your mobile phone by text message, to authorise the transaction and confirm that the card is yours.

You have a set amount of time and a number of attempts to enter the passcode correctly. If you do not enter the passcode correctly, you will be unable to complete your online purchase.

The passcode will only be valid for the online purchase you have received it for.
    MasterCard Secure Code is a fraud prevention system that protects you from unauthorised online use of your MasterCard Credit card. When you register, you create a 'MasterCard Secure Code' password that you keep secret, like your PIN.
    [/font]

[font=Verdana","sans-serif]When you purchase goods or services online, you will be asked for your MasterCard Secure Code password to authorise the transaction and confirm that the card is yours. If you are unsure of this code, you will be able to contact our Credit Card Team on 0818 251 251 or 00353 56 775 7747 when calling from abroad.

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks, Ashley.[/font]

Advertisement