Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outriders (PS5, PS4, PC XBOX One, Xbox Series X)

Options

Comments

Everything is so brown, I'm straining to see the enemies. I have to follow their gunfire like a deer in headlights. Please tell me the colour palette changes later on otherwise this is a no-go for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Everything is so brown, I'm straining to see the enemies. I have to follow their gunfire like a deer in headlights. Please tell me the colour palette changes later on otherwise this is a no-go for me.

It does, the biomes and terrain shift a lot throughout the campaign. Also if you are running HDR and DX12 on PC it will redshift everything (works fine on DX11).

On the bullet-skill and ammo mods. The fact that Technomancer gets Trick up the Sleeve (30% mag refil on kill when blighted-rounds is active) so early is one of the reasons it's an easier start. I was using Vampire mag on one of my suit pieces for this on my Trickster but it's a late game mod and as mentioned requires an existing status effect on the target to work (bleed for that one). I've started using Perpetuum Mobile (Full mag refil if you score a kill when the mag is at 35% or less) with the Technomancer in conjunction with Trick up the Sleeve + Spare Mag (2 mags of BR) it's nearly impossible to loose the BRs now as long as there are mobs/adds around so I'll probably trim at least one of those back.
    Comparing to the Trickster for end-game once you're using an infinite-bullet-skill build I do think it competes, the difference in crowd control being minimised by the raw damage a 30-mag infinite twisted-round auto-shotty can put out but the Technomancer has a lot of the skills it requires to do so much earlier in the game. I didn't find the campaign too hard with the Trickers either, I think I dropped WT 3 times for different bosses that just destroyed my then builds but he moved up the WT tier pretty quickly so K/D progress was still good (comparing to what I've seen of some streamers and their level versus WT, they appear to have had more deaths along the way to keep it lower) it's just easier with the Technomancer for me. Again my Level to WT is better, I think she's died all of twice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Spare mag, trick up the sleeve, critical analysis etc become obsolete for endgame high tier expeditions, so many better DPS and survival tier 2/3 mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2.4gb patch on steam now.
    Fixed a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
    Overall stability improvements for matchmaking & multiplayer
    Default matchmaking setting has been changed from "Open" to "Closed"
    Fixed crash on launch issues
    Fixed the crash when completing the "A Bad Day" side quest
    Fixed a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped
    Many more "random" crash fixes
    Fixed the HUD disappearing in certain cases
    Fixed bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
    Fixed bugs with players getting stuck on geometry or falling out of the world
    Many other minor fixes and improvements

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »

A really weird review. Outside of the fully justified criticism of the ridiculous server issues it was mostly positive but then didn't get a recommend. The deliberate puns in the title for Gears and Grind are trite and misleading-af. We all know the GoW link is superficial and really only exists for the intro and maybe first 30 mins. And with a week in Grind just doesn't exist. The expeditions are still fresh and extensions of the existing loop. I never truly grind in games, I know from other topics like the ED one I mentioned doing it for rep and other in-game currencies but for me at a push that's a few hours a day in a game i've spent hundreds in, I do not hardcore repetitive tasks just for the sake of some superficial goal. The last thing I'm feeling right now even on an immediate replay is grinding.

Cleared my first solo CT15 this morning, was only a silver medal mind you but not far off gold.
    Adding Emergency Stance mod to my build made all the survival difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jsaxons

God damn this game is an unplayable **** show. Hands down the worst game launch since gta5 online. If i wiped my ass with the money I spent buying this crap, it would be a far more practical use of it. Well,time to contact Sony for a refund cuz being isolated for so long, I'm starting to miss people telling me to go **** myself.

How is it unplayable for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jsaxons

Dcully wrote: »
    How is it unplayable for you?

Aside from constant crashes and disconnects it has a game breaking bug that completely wipes your gear and inventory.
    Three days ago all of my gear got completely wiped(T15) while i was joining my friends game,so I leveled up a new character and didn't play any co-op since that seemed to cause the problem.
    Until the yesterdays patch, which instead of fixing the problem, wiped clean my second character.
    The problem with this game is that everything is being saved on the servers and the servers are ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Tried cross play last night to find out there is no voice chat ! Ended up with my PS5 on in a party and playing outriders on the series X just to be able to talk. Had a third random guy join with no way to communicate.

How do you build a online only co-op game where you can't communicate with each other.

jsaxons wrote: »
    Aside from constant crashes and disconnects it has a game breaking bug that completely wipes your gear and inventory.
    Three days ago all of my gear got completely wiped(T15) while i was joining my friends game,so I leveled up a new character and didn't play any co-op since that seemed to cause the problem.
    Until the yesterdays patch, which instead of fixing the problem, wiped clean my second character.
    The problem with this game is that everything is being saved on the servers and the servers are ****.

Inventory being wiped is a joke and is refund territory in my opinion regardless of how long you have played.
    This was going on back in the demo too but they said they fixed it.
    I havent had an issue but i hear its mainly multiplayer where the issues arise.
    Latest from the devs is they will restore but could take a week or more, sadly this could make or break the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ran into the black screen with the spinning wheel bug today. Would just sit on it forever.

If any one else comes across it if you avoid pressing continue but rather select pick story point. Then just pick the one you are on. Then hit continue it will load in.

From reading online it seems to happen after playing a cross play game with a friend. Which is what happened to me.

Up to Ct11 now.

Rolling the dice by using matchmaking for expeditions.

Had one game where my gear didnt load in properly, was a bit worried :D

Up to Ct11 now.

Rolling the dice by using matchmaking for expeditions.

Had one game where my gear didnt load in properly, was a bit worried :D

I gave up risking waking up naked after a fun night with strangers a while back :).

I finished out my Technomancer character yesterday and just ran her to CT10 , now I think I need a bit of a break. I'll probably give it a go again when they have MP sorted, or at least I've had time for a breather.

Patch out for inventory issue.

Still no fix for the 60fps bug, im done with the game endgame is monotonous, its heading down the Anthem route tbh.

Going start this later finally, I didn't get around to the demo so what would people reckon best to go for starting out given I'd always lean towards characters like Salvador or Moze in Borderlands for example?

Dcully wrote: »
    Still no fix for the 60fps bug, im done with the game endgame is monotonous, its heading down the Anthem route tbh.

really? Even you have said its not a Live Service game and it has an end point, guess you at it. Im still Ct12 with 2 characters lol
    Going start this later finally, I didn't get around to the demo so what would people reckon best to go for starting out given I'd always lean towards characters like Salvador or Moze in Borderlands for example?

Devastator for you so :pac:

Smash Smash, your gun is an ornament and only used to reduce smash smash cooldown.

• Advertisement

really? Even you have said its not a Live Service game and it has an end point, guess you at it. Im still Ct12 with 2 characters lol

Yeah its really shallow to be honest, running the same expeditions over and over gets boring fast.
    Also legendaries only dropping with set attributes and mods is a really silly move for a looter game.
    The enemies get very samey too, sick of killing alien dog yokes at this stage lol.

I got a lot of gameplay hours from it though so i cant complain, if they release some DLC expanding the endgame ill jump in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The lack of grenades or a regen grenade ability baffles me.

The lack of grenades or a regen grenade ability baffles me.

Only started it tonight, and it was the first thing I thought as I was rolling away from one, why don't I have nades!!!!!!

So far I'm liking it. It has stuff early in the game that Borderlands 3 only introduced with DLC / endgame last week and not nearly as good or as extensive. You can level up a good weapon or piece of gear and keep it viable as you go as long as you have the materials. You can respec on the fly for free. I can see it having the same problems end game as others of it's kind as in whats the point of grinding for gear to replay the same content over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It took a lot of willpower not to buy this game but seeing all the problems people are having with it continues to make it so much easier.
    Thank you for playtesting it for me, guys. It's really appreciated. x

some of my friends bought it and seem to be enjoying it but the demo did nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Have to say I am really enjoying this game. I havent had any real issues on the Series X. Story is great, combat is fun, and it is challenging.
    My one grip is the Map. It is brutal. They need a N,E,S,W and also when you open the map you should be able to tell what direction your character is facing. Its a mess.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Have to say I am really enjoying this game. I havent had any real issues on the Series X. Story is great, combat is fun, and it is challenging.
    My one grip is the Map. It is brutal. They need a N,E,S,W and also when you open the map you should be able to tell what direction your character is facing. Its a mess.

Doesnt get any better, obviously almost every area has a Side Mission, a hunt, a bounty and a historian mission. I would do them all before you leave an area. Just to get them out of the way.

Each of those gives a legendary when you complete all them BUT if you cheesing it complete 1-9 on Tier 1 and then the last one on highest tier to make sure you get a relevant level legendary.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    some of my friends bought it and seem to be enjoying it but the demo did nothing for me

I've played through the campaign now a few times with different classes and those first few maps, the ones covered by the demo, are without doubt the worst in the game for layout, gameplay and performance. Also they are the only time it actually plays like a cover shooter as you level up enough to have a full roster of abilities and break into the game proper.
    TL:DR the demo covers the weakest part of the game.

As for grenades - the Technomancer Scrapnel skill while technically a mine can be used as one but your other abilities will fill the role easily enough (who needs a grenade when you can pop a lava fountain out under the enemy), also there are a number of weapon skills that can effectively turn NPCs into mobile explosives (give Bone Shrapnel a go :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Doesnt get any better, obviously almost every area has a Side Mission, a hunt, a bounty and a historian mission. I would do them all before you leave an area. Just to get them out of the way.

Each of those gives a legendary when you complete all them BUT if you cheesing it complete 1-9 on Tier 1 and then the last one on highest tier to make sure you get a relevant level legendary.

Yeah I normally do that will all RPG games. I enter an area and I complete all the side missions before progressing the main story. I am about half way through the main story I reckon and I am already Tier 13 level 29. Some of the boss fights require me to drop the Tier to 12 but for the most part its plain sailing.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Some of the boss fights require me to drop the Tier to 12 but for the most part its plain sailing.

Just saying this more for newer players but we (me included) historically have had a tendency to judge performance in the game by whether we had to lower the WT at any point, most (again including me :) ) have had to on occasion where a certain boss is just destroying your current build without fail.
    But what gets missed is WT is self adjusting, as you die it lowers your current WT experience. So you can have one player who can honestly say they never lowered their WT during play, but their tier progression was overall slower due to more general deaths, and another who did lower it in extreme situations but was in a higher WT at that point due to less general deaths.
    My point is lowering WT is not a stigma, even if folks care about challenge level you aren't comparing apples-to-apples with another player unless you know they had the same WT as you at that point of play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement