Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill error after PAYG gas meter removal

Options
  • 11-02-2020 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

I had a PAYG gas meter removed on 27 Jan. When it was removed I was up to date with my bill, ie no arrears, only €3/€4 worth of emergency credit owed on the day the meter was swapped. I have received a bill with the removal charge €200 which is fine, however there is €97 worth of gas on this bill that I do not owe, and cannot owe given the maximum amount of emergency gas available is €10. 

The bill was previously in my former partners name which I lost access to in December. I formally took over the bill in mid January this year. I feel this, coupled with the meter change has caused a mix up in the billing system.

I have tried on 2 occasions to remedy this over the phone, however on both occasions the representatives tried to fob me off saying the PAYG billing system is only an estimate which I know is rubbish. To suggest it could be almost €100 off the mark is ludicrous, another suggested that I owe for standing charges built up which again is rubbish because the bill sent states €200 for meter removal and €97 for gas charges. 

My information shows I owe €200 for meter removal and at most €5 for gas, I would like someone to look into this, my bill is due to be paid by 17 Feb however I cannot pay until I receive an accurate bill. 

I will provide my account number via PM

Regards
    Anthony

Comments

Advertisement