Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoI announces minimum OS and browser versions from Mar. 30th

• 12-02-2020 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭

From March 30th next Bank of Ireland say these are the minimum OS and browser versions supported for login to 365online .....

Operating systems

Microsoft (Vista, Windows, 7,8, 8.1 or 10 or later version).
    Mac OS ( OS X 10.9.6 or 10.9.x)
    Chrome OS (49.0 or later )
    Linux (using one of the browsers that supports TLS 1.2 or later)

Internet browsers

Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 11 +
    Mozilla Firefox Version 27 +
    Google Chrome Version 30 +
    Safari Version 7 +

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/ways-to-bank/online-banking/computer-software

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

coylemj wrote: »

Microsoft (Vista, Windows, 7,8, 8.1 or 10 or later version).

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/ways-to-bank/online-banking/computer-software

Vista and Win7?????
    Has no one told BoI that Microsoft don't support these OSs any longer???

And I do know that you can still use PCs running vista & 7, just not online.... Hell, you can still use Win 3.11 should you so choose...

Speedsie wrote: »
    Vista and Win7?????

And I do know that you can still use PCs running vista & 7, just not online.... Hell, you can still use Win 3.11 should you so choose...

Loads of business are still using win7 on all machines. I was in a place recently employing nearly 1000 people and they haven’t even started to roll out win 10 yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Loads of business are still using win7 on all machines. I was in a place recently employing nearly 1000 people and they haven’t even started to roll out win 10 yet.

While Win7 is only recently or of support, and places such as the HSE are paying over the odds to Microsoft for continued support, the abomination known as Vista has been out of support since 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

While Win7 is only recently or of support, and places such as the HSE are paying over the odds to Microsoft for continued support, the abomination known as Vista has been out of support since 2017.
    We are talking about home users! I came across a machine with ME on it in about 2012!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Vista and Win7?????

What do you mean you can't run Win 7 'online'? Is it because you think MS are not updating their antivirus and other security s/w?

I'm running Windows 7 on a 10 year old laptop and I have to say I'm impressed by the non-support I'm getting from Microsoft.....

This update (to the MS AV s/w) went in this morning, I get them daily..

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - KB2310138 (Version 1.309.813.0)

On Monday 10th, this update was installed ....

2020-01 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4539601)

And it's currenly asking me if I want to install this fellow ....

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - February 2020 (KB890830)

• Advertisement

All Microsoft OS’s are an abomination if you ask me, OSX all the way.

All Microsoft OS’s are an abomination if you ask me, OSX all the way.

_103409050_train.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Vista and Win7?????

And back in the real world there are lots of people particularly old people with no tech knowledge to do upgrades etc... and so it is mandatory for most business to support it in public facing interfaces.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    And back in the real world there are lots of people particularly old people with no tech knowledge to do upgrades etc... and so it is mandatory for most business to support it in public facing interfaces.

Says who?

Banks, utilities, Govt. departments or commercial companies have no obligation to support every platform ad infinitum.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

coylemj wrote: »
    Says who?

Banks, utilities, Govt. departments or commercial companies have no obligation to support every platform ad infinitum.

The banks customers, it a commercial decision in the end and the baby boomers rule. The older generation are the most profitable customer bracket and they will grudgingly pay you fees month after month providing you don’t do something stupid like taking away their access.

Banks don’t continue to support outdated client facing technology for the hell of it... the technology may be risky, but loosing loyalty customers is a bigger risk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement