Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein end Direct Provision

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭rgossip30

If an asylum seeker arrives in Ireland what is the minimum time they are guaranteed to be here between arriving, appeals and everything else?

Anyone know?

Program refugees almost immediately others a few months to 7 years .The appeals system is joke which extends the stay.When a decision is finally made 80% get leave to remain the rest would be subject to self deportation .The percentage who get refugee status is about 15 % higher now because of program refugees .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

rgossip30 wrote: »
    The Sinn Fein manifesto on Immigration is to end Direct provision .What is the alternative and how is this to be achieved ?

Sinn Fein won't do jack to end direct provision that would mean standing up to the EU. Never going to happen.
    Mary Looney Tune McDonald despite her being full of shyte is incredible at manipulating the left leaning gombeens.
    Got 24% of first preference votes based on lies.
    100,000 houses?. Anyone believes that is away with the fairies.

They promise all free houses and all this but it's all a ruse, get in get massive salaries and then massive pensions, all paid for by us the Taxpayer.

In many ways they are far Worse than Fine Gael.

Sinn Fein won't do jack to end direct provision that would mean standing up to the EU. Never going to happen.

Why would the EU demand direct provision?
    I think you don't know what you're talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Get a grip .I would own live in and have paid for the house . Those asylum seekers never even went there and were oblivious to this .
    I have enough of feeding you .

So it's alright to set it on fire if they're not there. You don't consider it racially motivated at all it was just a random act of arson? I've a bridge to sell you I'd you're interested

bubblypop wrote: »

EU law Hungary,Poland and the Czech Republic broke this law and a judgement on this is likely this year .

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/is-easier-the-us-apply-asylum-rather-applying-refugee-status.html

Try a google sometimes

• Advertisement

Not talking typing online.

Ireland agreed to EU migrant resettlement plan, EU/migraton pact etc in the last few years just 2 things off top of my head.

May I ask do you read up anything at all?.

This was all in the mainstream media, it's very obvious the EU is dictating migration policy in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I don't understand why burning any building down is acceptable, irrespective of occupancy

EU law Hungary,Poland and the Czech Republic broke this law and a judgement on this is likely this year .
    Try a google sometimes

Direct provision?
    Maybe try a dictionary

I don't understand why burning any building down is acceptable, irrespective of occupancy

Who found it acceptable ?

Not talking typing online.

Ireland agreed to EU migrant resettlement plan, EU/migraton pact etc in the last few years just 2 things off top of my head.

May I ask do you read up anything at all?.

This was all in the mainstream media, it's very obvious the EU is dictating migration policy in Ireland.

And where does it state the EU demand direct provision?
    Maybe you should read more!

Sinn Fein have a pro immigration policy. They want to end direct provision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Nothing but xenophobia here.

Direct provision?
    Maybe try a dictionary

What are you on about !! The EU law states countries must accept asylum seekers and Direct Provision accommodation is similar in other EU states.
    The conditions are similar to irish citizens who find themselves in B+B accommodation and hotels .The same condemnation has also been said of some retirement homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Berfore everyone works themselves up into a tizzy over SF's migration policy they should remember who's responsible for the current mess of most asylum seekers coming from safe countries, spending years and fortunes of public money on appeals and judicial reviews and if they're really unlucky facing a deportation order which has a less than 1 in 5 chance of being carried out.
    Hint: it wasn't SF in power when this system developed.

This is a bit like FG grandstanding about the Special Criminal Court when their own record on Crime has been atrocious.

What are you on about !! The EU law states countries must accept asylum seekers and Direct Provision accommodation is similar in other EU states.

Yep, we must accept asylum seekers, there is no law stating it must be in direct provision centres.
    Sinn fein are pro immigration, they have no issue with asylum seekers, they want to end direct provision.
    Give people real accommodation not hotel rooms.

Yep, we must accept asylum seekers, there is no law stating it must be in direct provision centres.
    Sinn fein are pro immigration, they have no issue with asylum seekers, they want to end direct provision.
    Do you agree that should also apply to Irish citizens .

That's exactly my point, we need to treat people like they're human beings. Not livestock or burdens. At least someone else in this thread has a lick of decency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Berfore everyone works themselves up into a tizzy over SF's migration policy they should remember who's responsible for the current mess of most asylum seekers coming from safe countries, spending years and fortunes of public money on appeals and judicial reviews and if they're really unlucky facing a deportation order which has a less than 1 in 5 chance of being carried out.
    Hint: it wasn't SF in power when this system developed.

This is a bit like FG grandstanding about the Special Criminal Court when their own record on Crime has been atrocious.
    This is it in a nutshell.
    But unfortunately too much money can be made by the various CEO-paid asylum charities and special-interest-NGO's; that coupled with the fear of being labeled "racist" stopped the previous governments from fixing the issue before it became the massive problem that it is today i.e. forcing asylum applicants into small rural communities.

Also, let's not forget that the overwhelming vast majority of asylum seekers are bogus, so we are housing and feeding a substantial amount of chancers, who will continue to be chancers after they exhaust their numerous legal appeals (paid for by Irish workers) and then get leave to remain.

Do you agree that should also apply to Irish citizens .

Of course.
    I don't believe anyone thinks families living in hotel rooms is appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The Sinn Fein manifesto on Immigration is to end Direct provision .What is the alternative and how is this to be achieved ?

They want to put them all in social housing according to one of their policy makers. More fairytale economics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Advertisement

Good it's about time dp was cancelled. Its a disgusting, racist grubby little smear on this countries name. Packing refugees into substandard accommodation like sardines, did anyone think that was acceptable in the first place?

They majority in DP aren't refugees, they are failed economic migrants taking advantage of Ireland overly generous appeals system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

They want to put them all in social housing according to one of their policy makers. More fairytale economics.
    Unfortunately, listening to a newly elected Sinn Fein TD this morning on my local radio, his number one priority is to build more social housing.
    That is a kick in the face to the working people who switched from FFG and voted for Sinn Fein .............. hoping for a change.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Also, let's not forget that the overwhelming vast majority of asylum seekers are bogus, so we are housing and feeding a substantial amount of chancers, who will continue to be chancers after they exhaust their numerous legal appeals (paid for by Irish workers) and then get leave to remain.

Are they?
    Where did you find the statistics for this?

Well you could leave them on the streets or in migrant camps as in France use containers or force people to take them in .

Kivaro wrote: »
    Unfortunately, listening to a newly elected Sinn Fein TD this morning on my local radio, his number one priority is to build more social housing.
    That is a kick in the face to the working people who switched from FFG and voted for Sinn Fein .............. hoping for a change.

Well that was the stupidity of themselves.
    Did no-one read or listen to anything sinn fein said about housing?
    Why any worker in this country voted for them is beyond me.
    Ridiculous

Well you could leave them on the streets or in containers or force people to take them in .

Why don't we put you out on the street? Or in a container?

They majority in DP aren't refugees, they are failed economic migrants taking advantage of Ireland overly generous appeals system.

Very true, no wars in the countries they come from is there?.

Technically if they aren't declaring asylum in first country they arrive into they aren't asylum seekers.

Guy I know is a electrician. He's done work in some direct provision centres.

He's had so many attempts to rob his toolbox in them he now brings a colleague with him at all times to keep an eye on it.

Also told me in one 'direct provision' hotel the men and women had to kept on seperate floors as their was so many assualts and rapes on the women.

So if I set your house on fire you wouldn't consider that an attack against you? Get a grip.

Hold on, how did the refugees afford a hotel in Roosky??

Very true, no wars in the countries they come from is there?.

Technically if they aren't declaring asylum in first country they arrive into they aren't asylum seekers.

Guy I know is a electrician. He's done work in some direct provision centres.

He's had so many attempts to rob his toolbox in them he now brings a colleague with him at all times to keep an eye on it.

Also told me in one 'direct provision' hotel the men and women had to kept on seperate floors as their was so many assualts and rapes on the women.

More tall tales I suppose? I bet it was the Ritz Carlton they were in and they were zooming around in BMW's. That's what a fella said a few pages ago.

• Advertisement

Hold on, how did the refugees afford a hotel in Roosky??

They're being kept there under direct provision. As well you know

Advertisement