Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Benefit

Options
  • 12-02-2020 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi Guys

We are expecting our first child soon. I wonder what is the best saving account in Ireland for Child Benefit, that could profit a bit in the future. We are thinking to start saving for our child's education / college etc.
    Thank you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Check out bonkers.ie for comparison of savings accounts. Realistically, interest rates are very low so you’ll be lucky to get interest to offset inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭raxy

They're all fairly crap. If it's long term you could look into a regular investment scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Thank you.
    We are looking to save till he is 18teen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Check out the State savings/ investment schemes at some stage and/or at least keep an eye on them as things progress. https://www.statesavings.ie/

Not much as an individual you can do about rates etc., but just regular saving will build it up. It may or may not have less value when your child/ childrenneed it, but at least you'll have it :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have a sum of savings currently lieing in a savings account for my child with a crap interest rate thats been cut over the years with the bank. Honestly I dont know much about state savings but would you recommend investing it into State bonds for a fixed period instead? Is it worth investing into Prize Bonds or just something like the short-medium term savings bonds? Sorry for the questions I've never really considered it as an option tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Mod:

Folks, this reads more like a Banking topic. You might get more info here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=544

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement