Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Best & Worst Bet

• 12-02-2020 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Try keeping it to one post... your best & your worst!

**Please include the race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Best: Champagne Classic

Worst: Shishkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Best - Abadacadabras while its 11/2
    Worst - Champ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Best: Glenloe (Kim Muir)

Worst: Notebook (Arkle)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vautours Ghost

Best: Brewinupastorm (Arkle)

Worst: Champ (RSA)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Best: supasundae ew champion
    Worst: envoi Allen

• Advertisement

Best: Brewinupastorm

Worst: Champ

:eek::eek::eek:
    it...it can't be.......can it...............
    my boy..........is....is that really you.....

Neigh twice for yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Best: Ilikedwayurhinkin

Worst: Easysland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Best: Altior at 5/2
    Worst: Faugheen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Not being smart but a race would help. There'll be plenty double and triple booked. has ilikedwayurthinkin been given a British mark yet? Assuming he has when He's so short for the boys race?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Best: Simply the Betts - Close brothers
    Worst: Honey Suckle - CH

• Advertisement

Not being smart but a race would help. There'll be plenty double and triple booked. has ilikedwayurthinkin been given a British mark yet? Assuming he has when He's so short for the boys race?
    Yeah he has , 140 I believe, hike of 8 pounds but still plenty in hand to get into the Martin Pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Best: Envoi Allen to place in Ballymore (NRNB)
    Worst: Sizing John Gold Cup (Antepost)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

BumperD wrote: »

Top one goes for the Brown Advisory as he is off 149 which is 4lb above the Close Brothers ceiling for that race.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Best Anteport - Column of Fire Martin pipe
    Worst - Cant have notebook at the short price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

BumperD wrote: »

Top one goes for the Brown Advisory as he is off 149 which is 4lb above the Close Brothers ceiling for that race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

madmoose wrote: »

Oh dear.

madmoose wrote: »

Ah ok well then he’s my best bet for Brown Brothers race then I liked the way he won on trials day

Haven’t backed any of these so I presumed they are best/ worst picks as of today.

Oh dear.

Don’t be concerned:)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Best bet - Laying Santini
    Worst bet - Backing Santini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Best bet: PP in the stayers, don't overthink it. Maybe in a double with Benie for the Mares.

Worst bet: Carefully Selected 10/3 1/5 odds 3 places for National Hunt Chase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Benie will run in the Stayers.

If Benie runs in the stayers then people with PP backed in their AP Acca's will start to sweat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Best: Envoi Allen to place in Ballymore (NRNB)
    Worst: Sizing John Gold Cup (Antepost)

Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Although I am waiting for the flat, I will have about a fiver on all the Cheltenham races, picking long odds horses on the exchanges.
    It is impossible to watch without a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Best; Latest Exhibition Albert Bartlett
    Worst; Samcro jlt

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Benie will run in the Stayers.

Remember Annie Power running in the stayers and being beat. I think Willie will take the easiest option and go to the mares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Try keeping it to one post... your best & your worst!

**Please include the race

Need to say which race it's entered in if it is to make any sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I presume " worst " means your lay of the festival , yes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

jj mac wrote: »
    Remember Annie Power running in the stayers and being beat. I think Willie will take the easiest option and go to the mares.

Not comparable. Annie Power had never even ran over 3m, Benie had won a grade 1 over 3m beating a French superstar in the process. Three miles holds no fear for them with Benie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Best Aramon County
    Worst Apples Champion :o

lemush wrote: »
    Not comparable. Annie Power had never even ran over 3m, Benie had won a grade 1 over 3m beating a French superstar in the process. Three miles holds no fear for them with Benie.

Agree that 3 miles holds no fears but paisley park might persuade them to go mares where honeysuckle is probably more beatable. I just think they will go easier option but a lot will probably depend on the ground too. If benie didcgo stayers I would definitely back her though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I presume " worst " means your lay of the festival , yes ?

Could be, or worse value...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tommy Pickle

Best bet - Itchy Feet in the Marsh Novice Chase 6/1

Worst favorite - Carefully Selected National Hunt Chase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Best - Monalee (Gold Cup)
    Worst - Defie des Seuil (Champion Chase)

• Advertisement

Best - Monalee (Gold Cup)
    Worst - Defie des Seuil (Champion Chase)

Two big calls, I tought Monalee would have being interesting in Ryanair but has no entry

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

Best - Ard Abhainn Martin Pipe
    Worst - Fakir D’

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

Best - Ard Abhainn Martin Pipe
    Worst - Fakir D’

stretchaq wrote: »
    Two big calls, I tought Monalee would have being interesting in Ryanair but has no entry

Think he wants 3M at Cheltenham, 2nd in a Bartlett, 2nd in a RSA, 4th in the Ryanair last year. Very decent festival record, I couldn't personally have him in a GC but who knows, maybe the longer trip will do the trick

Think he wants 3M at Cheltenham, 2nd in a Bartlett, 2nd in a RSA, 4th in the Ryanair last year. Very decent festival record, maybe the longer trip will do the trick

Good logic wouldn’t try put you off gold cup is very open and he was very close to delta work in lep

• Advertisement

stretchaq wrote: »
    Good logic wouldn’t try put you off gold cup is very open and he was very close to delta work in lep

Yeah could be the forgotten horse, a head Behind Dalta work last time they met and hes 4 times the price 25/1. Could be a good call from Supremenovice, you have me thinking now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Surprised a few people have put up notebook as worst bet, he would be one of my stronger fancies, to my eye he only does enough and is improving all the time, it isn't a vintage renewel either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

I've no real strong fancy but jesus have no idea how in the name of God Ilikethewayyourthinking is a 5/1 shot in any race? He will go off 8/1+

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Think he wants 3M at Cheltenham, 2nd in a Bartlett, 2nd in a RSA, 4th in the Ryanair last year. Very decent festival record, I couldn't personally have him in a GC but who knows, maybe the longer trip will do the trick

He wont be getting 3M at Cheltenhan. It is 3M 2 1/2F. He got an easy lead last time and still couldn't win. Has little chance of staying the trip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

If Monalee placed in a gold cup I'd be amazed never mind win it.

Kauto wrote: »
    He wont be getting 3M at Cheltenhan. It is 3M 2 1/2F. He got an easy lead last time and still couldn't win. Has little chance of staying the trip!

I know its 3M 2 thats why I said maybe the longer trip will do the trick, we've never seen him over that trip. Look if Lord Windermere won a Gold Cup, id never rule any horse out

By the way, hes not my selection for the race I backed the winner last year and I think Al Boum Photo will win again. I'm merely pointing out how you can make a case for him at a huge price with form that ties in with a lot of the front running Irish horses, at 25/1 it would have to represent better value than the likes of Deltawork @6/1 or even Presenting Percy at around 9/1.

BoldReason wrote: »
    I've no real strong fancy but jesus have no idea how in the name of God Ilikethewayyourthinking is a 5/1 shot in any race? He will go off 8/1+

I agree 5s isn’t much value but don’t think he will go off much if any higher, clear as day hes been plotted for this race not having run too hard his last 2 races but staying on well. Already has his English mark too unlike most others in the pipe so hes definitely worthy of being fav at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Croll wrote: »

I agree 5s isn’t much value but don’t think he will go off much if any higher, clear as day hes been plotted for this race not having run too hard his last 2 races but staying on well. Already has his English mark too unlike most others in the pipe so hes definitely worthy of being fav at the moment

Its a horse that if you got on at much bigger prices you'd be laughing. He's the one that got away from me this year to be honest, missed those tasty prices.

Could still go off 7/2 or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

lemush wrote: »
    If Monalee placed in a gold cup I'd be amazed never mind win it.

Only an 8 year old, very unlucky not to win at Christmas(lost an iron on the run in), has about 6 inches to find with Delta work who could well go off favourite for the race. Rachel Blackmore and Henry De Bromhead and it would be a dream for the owners and connections.

I would not be shocked at all.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Its a horse that if you got on at much bigger prices you'd be laughing. He's the one that got away from me this year to be honest, missed those tasty prices.

Could still go off 7/2 or so.

Yeah certainly could with Cromwell and JP involved, got 14s myself. Are you on glenloe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement