Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Just to clarify earlier discussion...health official at the briefing was asked directly about closures of Parc Ui aoimh and Croke Park and other centres and he said , .

Yes there were issues with kits but they were working on that and all centres would be coming back on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

:)

Which parties have the most millionaires again?

and there you are; - it's all about money.

and there you are; - it's all about money.

So typically...take the WHOLE world as a sample here: why would a political party want to control the drugs trade in a city, as you said they had done? Look at what the 'drug trade' is ultimately about.

What precisely is 'in it for themselves'.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

So typically...take the WHOLE world as a sample here: why would a political party want to control the drugs trade in a city, as you said they had done? Look at what the 'drug trade' is ultimately about.

What precisely is 'in it for themselves'.

arranging contract jobs for voters; so that those voters get the housing.

people out; shinners in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

:)

Which parties have the most millionaires again?
    which party has the most members sponging off the state

• Advertisement

which party has the most members sponging off the state

What level are we talking here? Jobs for the boys/girls?

arranging contract jobs for voters; so that those voters get the housing.

people out; shinners in.

What? :)

What a bizarre day of allegations it's been.

What level are we talking here? Jobs for the boys/girls?
    I will rephrase the question, which party has the most members who dont work and are on social welfare?

I will rephrase the question, which party has the most members who dont work and are on social welfare?

In numbers...probably SF, as a ratio...probably PBP.

In numbers...probably SF, as a ratio...probably PBP.
    That explains why members of fg and ff are better off, they wait for it, WORK, maybe those sf and pbp people should try it, instead of crying about lack of this and lack of that

• Advertisement

That explains why members of fg and ff are better off, they wait for it, WORK, maybe those sf and pbp people should try it, instead of crying about lack of this and lack of that

I have never claimed a cent of welfare in my life...and have worked. I'm not a millionaire...what did I do wrong?

I have never claimed a cent of welfare in my life...and have worked. I'm not a millionaire...what did I do wrong?
    change your stockbroker

change your stockbroker

Maybe I just joined the wrong clubs. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Just to clarify earlier discussion...health official at the briefing was asked directly about closures of Parc Ui aoimh and Croke Park and other centres and he said , .

Yes there were issues with kits but they were working on that and all centres would be coming back on line.

Those who best meet the criteria are getting tested. Personally know of three people in different circumstances who were tested today, all of them meet the criteria, now they hadn’t been to Scandinavia or thought they had a bit of a cold, they were showing real symptoms.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Those who best meet the criteria are getting tested. Personally know of three people in different circumstances who were tested today, all of them meet the criteria, now they hadn’t been to Scandinavia or thought they had a bit of a cold, they were showing real symptoms.

You certainly know how to let yourself down.

Disparage any story that hurts FG...when they turn out to be true, belittle what others have said. Despicable debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Both of them, on medical examination, required tests.

So let me get this right...any questioning of the 'official story' is not allowed, because that would be 'Chicken Lickening'?

Is that the deal here?

There is no official story, the HSE staff are prioritizing and have to make medical decisions on the availability of equipment whether it's PPE or test kits.

It was like last Friday listening to Joe Duffy, he had an idiot on about not being allowed to accompany his partner in for the delivery of there baby as she might be stressed. The hospital has made a decision that expecting mother's would only be allowed into the hospital's. This idiot has even emailed Son Harris about it.

Slava Ukrainii

There is no official story, the HSE staff are prioritizing and have to make medical decisions on the availability of equipment whether it's PPE or test kits.

Several times at the presser this evening there were questions about the testing, hightlighting issues that were raised on this thread...vague answers from the Medical experts.

I think, as I said earlier, that we will hear more and more of this.

This isn't an Irish Water or Swingate scenario, if they feck this up then a lot of people will die un-neccesarily.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

It's way too early to read the political fallout of this.
    I really doubt the HSE is up to the task but who knows? With money thrown at them ? The Irish electorate are very volatile. You could easily see a SF decline and a FG surge but such outcomes are months away.
    When this ends we will have spent a huge amount of money. The EU needs debt consolidation. If that does not happen then the worm will turn for the recently revitalised FG

And again..issues with testing confirmed on Claire Byrne.

So nobody was bull****ting or telling fibs. Those hand waving away issues looking a bit silly.

These aren't big issues, but they shouldn't be brushed under any carpet to save blushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Several times at the presser this evening there were questions about the testing, hightlighting issues that were raised on this thread...vague answers from the Medical experts.

This isn't an Irish Water or Swingate scenario, if they feck this up then a lot of people will die un-neccesarily.

The other day you were saying vradakar using said experts opinions on what to do was scare mongering because numbers were low
    Now you're suggesting they're fecking it up
    Which is it ? in your race for venom

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/SamuelMcConkey1/status/1244310228507791367?s=19

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1244711785955053571?s=19

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    The other day you were saying vradakar using said experts opinions on what to do was scare mongering because numbers were low
    Now you're suggesting they're fecking it up
    Which is it ? in your race for venom

Meanwhile

No Mortelaro, I was questioning the wisdom of not locking down earlier.

Tony Holohan was asked that too this evening, and he was evasive on it. Perhaps now is not the time, but it will be asked no doubt when the dust settles.
    Why a body like the HSE or the present government should get a free pass to do (or not do) what they like, given their records, escapes me to be honest.

Yes they have done well, even..very well in areas. But as we all know they are fallible.

If they test everyone who was on a plane from Scandinavia and everyone who thinks they are entitled to a test because symptoms, rather than going on medical advice, they will waste a lot of time, money and resources testing the wrong people and fail to flatten the curve.

No country is testing every idiot who wants a test or who believes they are sick, so why should we?

If they test everyone who was on a plane from Scandinavia and everyone who thinks they are entitled to a test because symptoms, rather than going on medical advice, they will waste a lot of time, money and resources testing the wrong people and fail to flatten the curve.

No country is testing every idiot who wants a test or who believes they are sick, so why should we?

Simon Coveney rubbished what you are trying to do when a medical expert put it to him that they were issues with testing, he said there was and they were trying to get them fixed.

What was brought up this morning is exactly the type of problems that are being reported.

'Every idiot'...jesus, into the gutter you go again. Too late though, Coveney has contradicted you.

And again..issues with testing confirmed on Claire Byrne.

So nobody was bull****ting or telling fibs. Those hand waving away issues looking a bit silly.

These aren't big issues, but they shouldn't be brushed under any carpet to save blushes.

Of course there are people not tested who believe they should be tested, we had one on here earlier who thought because his neighbour had been on a flight from Scandinavia that he should be tested. And they are all going to ring up Joe Duffy and Claire Byrne and journalists with the Mail while also whinging on Facebook and Twitter. You don’t have to fall for it.

Simon Coveney rubbished what you are trying to do when a medical expert put it to him that they were issues with testing, he said there was and they were trying to get them fixed.

What was brought up this morning is exactly the type of problems that are being reported.

'Every idiot'...jesus, into the gutter you go again. Too late though, Coveney has contradicted you.

Is that the bit where Coveney said that we were testing 5,000 per day which is higher per capita than most countries in the world? You can get that quote on the RTÉ website.

Keep up the scaremongering.

Is that the bit where Coveney said that we were testing 5,000 per day which is higher per capita than most countries in the world? You can get that quote on the RTÉ website.

Keep up the scaremongering.

The BIT where Coveney said that they were ISSUES with testing which the lady spoke about.

What is wrong with you, are you going to dig a deeper hole and start castigating those who are waiting on tests and tests results?
    The nephew I mentioned had doctors appointments for his and the family friend had hers done through a doctor at a test centre and is still waiting on a result.

All confirmed to be issues. Stop digging and protecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Jesus lads do yous ever just give it a break.

Surely it's not good for mental health.

Zzzzzzzzz

Jesus lads do yous ever just give it a break.

Surely it's not good for mental health.

Zzzzzzzzz

Is it 4 posts there from blanch repudiating what a senior government minister just confirmed a half an hour ago?

That there are issues with testing.

Mental alright. :)

The BIT where Coveney said that they were ISSUES with testing which the lady spoke about.

What is wrong with you, are you going to dig a deeper hole and start castigating those who are waiting on tests and tests results?
    The nephew I mentioned had doctors appointments for his and the family friend had hers done through a doctor at a test centre and is still waiting on a result.

All confirmed to be issues. Stop digging and protecting.

My nephew contacted his GP this morning and was tested this afternoon. Why? Because his symptoms and underlying conditions pushed him right to the top of the queue, ditto a woman I know in a nursing home, decision to request test yesterday, tested today.

Medical need is driving decisions about who gets testing, and who gets results quickly, which is how it should be, one of the three people who I know got tested today is already on oxygen having only gone to hospital yesterday feeling unwell.

• Advertisement

My nephew contacted his GP this morning and was tested this afternoon. Why? Because his symptoms and underlying conditions pushed him right to the top of the queue, ditto a woman I know in a nursing home, decision to request test yesterday, tested today.

Medical need is driving decisions about who gets testing, and who gets results quickly, which is how it should be, one of the three people who I know got tested today is already on oxygen having only gone to hospital yesterday feeling unwell.

And still you dig that hole when you were told by a senior Minister that there ARE ISSUES with testing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement