Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    That's incorrect
    I still think you're going on with unnecessary claptrap

Of course you do. And there is nothing incorrect about the reaction to a simple question yesterday. I was scaremongering, the people I mentioned didn't exist...and because they followed HSE guidelines they were 'idiots' for being worried that they might have the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    And a neighbour of mine recently back (came home Friday the 13th actually) from Scandinavia was never tested, despite having all the symptoms, and his fiancé having to move out of their shared home as a precaution.

He first contacted his G.P on the Sunday after arriving back in Ireland, as of yet never was tested, spoke with him one morning during the week, and he definitely had a flu like look of him, so I kept well on the opposite side of the road to him when talking.

Just to clarify- your neighbor returned on 13/03/2020. Hopefully they followed the restricted movement guidelines.
    The 14 day period is over now. Are they symptom free now? Or do they have the virus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Of course you do.
    If I had a penny for every time that stock phrase was used in these threads
    I might engage again when the nonsense reaches level 11
    Its currently a high 10.8

Mortelaro wrote: »
    If I had a penny for every time that stock phrase was used in these threads
    I might engage again when the nonsense reaches level 11
    Its currently a high 10.8

You are part of the cohort who dismissed this. Own it.

It was a ridiculous protective reaction to something very real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

We have just had the extraordinary spectacle of Conor Murphy Sinn Fein Minister in the N.I. Executive not wanting to welcome any contribution by the British Army towards the provision of medical care, field hospitals etc in the event of it being required in a crisis situation across the North.
    What a crowd of gob****es there are in S.F. "I'd rather let us all die than have those save my life"

Edgware wrote: »
    We have just had the extraordinary spectacle of Conor Murphy Sinn Fein Minister in the N.I. Executive not wanting to welcome any contribution by the British Army towards the provision of medical care, field hospitals etc in the event of it being required in a crisis situation across the North.
    What a crowd of gob****es there are in S.F. "I'd rather let us all die than have those save my life"

You expect a nationalist/republican to 'welcome' back the British Army...wow.
    That would be like asking the DUP to welcome back the 'RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I wouldn't be a supporter of the British army myself. But if it came down to being saved by a well equipped organisation with logistical expertise and world class field hospitals and a bunch of lads with AK47s and woolly balaclavas, I know who I'm choosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

The British Army already has assets in the North. One regular regiment and some reservists, why in the hell would you not want to take advantage their resources in the middle of a pandemic.

Sinn Fein have one job if they want to maintain the lead they have right now and its to prove to the country they've moved beyond this crap and so far they're blowing it.

I wouldn't be a supporter of the British army myself. But if it came down to being saved by a well equipped organisation with logistical expertise and world class field hospitals and a bunch of lads with AK47s and woolly balaclavas, I know who I'm choosing.

I don't think there will be a problem if things get bad.

It's the laughable idea that a republican would 'welcome' the return of the British Army. And I bet that is how the question was probably phrased.

I can guarantee you, for obvious reasons that they won't. Will they thank them for carrying out civic duties...don't see a problem there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Of course you do. And there is nothing incorrect about the reaction to a simple question yesterday. I was scaremongering, the people I mentioned didn't exist...and because they followed HSE guidelines they were 'idiots' for being worried that they might have the virus.

In fairness, you are well known around these circles for posting up 'facts' and fake news. The 'story' about your nephew being the latest in a long line of Francie Walter Mitty type anecdotes.

If your imaginary friend has a medical issue, then get them to talk to a health professional and stop posting up unverified and unverifiable $hit on here.

What do you expect from a bunch of sectarian dinosaurs?
    This virus doesn't respect borders, or if you are Orange or Green, but some loath to drop the old sectarianism and try and get over this health emergency together.

Its a simple solution though, those who are sick and dying from Covid-19 can avoid BA field hospitals and medical clinics and stay at home, which will more likely end up in a fatality. SF, always looking after their core vote :D

Compare and contrast how FG and SF are doing leading their respective jurisdictions. Chalk and cheese.

markodaly wrote: »
    In fairness, you are well known around these circles for posting up 'facts' and fake news.

You have been asked to post samples...knock yourself out there Mark.

Compare and contrast how FG and SF are doing leading their respective jurisdictions. Chalk and cheese.

The concannonbot mission...wipe out the recent history of FG...use the virus/crisis relentlessly to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

blanch152 wrote: »
    Subsequently, a national crisis has required FG to step up to the plate, and they have done that extremely well.

But what about the Greens? They did very well out of the election with 12 seats and are now able to form part of a government, in fact they are really the king makers here and they could get their taxing agenda underway in no time at all/

Plus during this crisis they told us all to go and plant seeds on every south facing windowsill in Ireland so we would have our salads ''''ready to go".

Is this kind of leadership from the Greens not worthy of them being involved in government? Surely a Green supporter like yourself would be crying out for a bit of Eamon Ryan leadership right now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What do you expect from a bunch of sectarian dinosaurs?
    This virus doesn't respect borders, or if you are Orange or Green, but some loath to drop the old sectarianism and try and get over this health emergency together.

Its a simple solution though, those who are sick and dying from Covid-19 can avoid BA field hospitals and medical clinics and stay at home, which will more likely end up in a fatality. SF, always looking after their core vote :D

There's still 10k homeless in the recent homeless figures.and now we'll be less able to afford accommodation.they're the Ralph Wiggums of the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

atticu wrote: »
    Just to clarify- your neighbor returned on 13/03/2020. Hopefully they followed the restricted movement guidelines.
    The 14 day period is over now. Are they symptom free now? Or do they have the virus?

I haven't heard much from him since last week, I noted his fiance car was parked across from their house one of the days over the weekend, her with all the PPE equipment onshouting towards the house from the roadside.
    , so she's definitely not moved back in yet anyway.
    You asked me questions on a previous post, then quoted this one.

I didn't diagnose his symptoms, he did so himself.
    Yes, as you have since quoted - he called the GP after returning home feeling unwell and beginning to display the advised symptoms.
    No I am not displaying any symptoms, and am myself considered a front line worker.
    I do not know if he has the virus, has had it and is now recovered, or never had it, nor does he.

His GP said he needed tested but no one ever arrived to test him, he was home two weeks on Friday and was displaying all 3 symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Bowie wrote: »
    A few months back Nurses were over paid and got too many holidays. Now 'we're all in it together' seemingly. Won't be long before those availing of state aid due to Covid19 are back to being spongers, (unless large businesses) and the working tax payer bears the bill long after FG pals are back making millions. They need to go and take FF with them.

We actually do have pretty well paid nurses.
    We are in the world top 10 AFAIK.
    Now conditions is a different thing.

Speaking from experience we also have some of them working in admin, along with all the other waste of space administrators, rather than providing patient care.
    And the sh*tty jobs they once did are now handled by nurses aids these days.
    And yes there are a lot who have been dedicated overworked in ICUs, A&Es, etc for a long time before this crisis.

I don't ever remember anyone ever arguing that everyone on the dole is a sponger because most sane people (i.e. what you would call a right winger I suppose) would say anyone that falls on hard times deserve help until they get back on their feet.
    Of course we do indeed call those that have spent their entire life on the dole a sponger.

You talk like friends of sinn fein never make millions doing anything.
    If you think they are any different to FG and FF you are fooking deluded.

I am not allowed discuss …

Ahh FFS.
    Would you have a problem with a British army medic saving your life?

This attitude actually reminds me of the worst of the old Southern US where a white person would refuse to let a black person treat them or how some muslims still refuse to let a female doctor treat them.
    And yes that last point stands for muslims from certain very misogynistic states.

The North is a sh**show.
    It is pretend state, created by two bluffers bertie and tony.
    Granted it stops them needlessly slaughtering each other so we go along with the pretence.

You have Arlene refusing to say anything condemnatory about the way the British government is handling things, because one couldn't possibly be seen as anti British establishment.

Then you have the fruit loops in sinn fein who would rather die than see British army medics and doctors helping them, especially since they might use a vacant site like The Maze.
    If they copped on they might see the irony of British forces saving republicans at the previous Maze site. :rolleyes:

And that is the type of petty shyte sinn fein would bring into the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

jmayo wrote: »
    Ahh FFS.

This attitude actually reminds me of the worst of the old Southern US where a white person would refuse to let a black person treat them or how some muslims still refuse to let a female doctor treat them.
    And yes that last point stands for muslims from certain very misogynistic states.

The North is a sh**show.
    It is pretend state, created by two bluffers bertie and tony.

You have Arlene refusing to say anything condemnatory about the way the British government is handling things, because one couldn't possibly be seen as anti British establishment.

Then you have the fruit loops in sinn fein who would rather die than see British army medics and doctors helping them, especially since they might use a vacant site like The Maze.
    If they copped on they might see the irony of British forces saving republicans at the previous Maze site. :rolleyes:

And that is the type of petty shyte sinn fein would bring into the Republic.

Sinn Féin have moved on and want everyone to move on and forget the past.

As you can see from Francie that's only when it suits them, when an awkward question is put to them about their murderous past they tell us all to move on.

But it's really just business as usual from the comrades.

Come out ya black and tans.

We hate British soldiers.

What a horrible party.

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote: »
    Ahh FFS.

The Charlie Flanagans are getting up on their white horses again.

I would have no problem with any 'medic' saving my life Jmayo.

AGAIN, read this slowly because there seems to be some confusion in CharlieLand...there is NOT a hope in hell that the 'British Army' will be 'welcomed back' by any republican/nationalist/ self respecting Irish person ever. Forget that was ever a prospect even in Charlie's wettest dream. :)

Now, on the question of them helping out as a civilian force with the neccessary equipment and skills ...no problemo. That is the current government of the UK's responsibility to provide if needed. The GFA doesn't just put onus'es on republicans/nationalists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

AGAIN, read this slowly because there seems to be some confusion in CharlieLand...there is NOT a hope in hell that the 'British Army' will be 'welcomed back' by any republican/nationalist/ self respecting Irish person ever. Forget that was ever a prospect even in Charlie's wettest dream. :)

Now, on the question of them helping out as a civilian force with the neccessary equipment and skills ...no problemo. That is the current government of the UK's responsibility to provide if needed. The GFA doesn't just put onus'es on republicans/nationalists.
    What do you mean "welcomed back"? The British military never left.

smurgen wrote: »
    There's still 10k homeless in the recent homeless figures.and now we'll be less able to afford accommodation.they're the Ralph Wiggums of the Dail.

And there are MORE homeless people in the north, despite having about 1/3 of the population....
    The truth hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what is the story with the bots supporting FG on twitter? it's actually a fact, eg simon harris's tweets are propped up by newly reg 0 follower 33444443334 style twitter accounts ?

who does this?

what is the story with the bots supporting FG on twitter? it's actually a fact, eg simon harris's tweets are propped up by newly reg 0 follower 33444443334 style twitter accounts ?

who does this?

Google Concannonbots

https://twitter.com/IanChopperLowry/status/1244693778977501184?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

I haven't heard much from him since last week, I noted his fiance car was parked across from their house one of the days over the weekend, her with all the PPE equipment onshouting towards the house from the roadside.
    , so she's definitely not moved back in yet anyway.
    You asked me questions on a previous post, then quoted this one.

I didn't diagnose his symptoms, he did so himself.
    Yes, as you have since quoted - he called the GP after returning home feeling unwell and beginning to display the advised symptoms.
    No I am not displaying any symptoms, and am myself considered a front line worker.
    I do not know if he has the virus, has had it and is now recovered, or never had it, nor does he.

His GP said he needed tested but no one ever arrived to test him, he was home two weeks on Friday and was displaying all 3 symptoms.

It seems that you managed to get a lot of information from your neighbor in a short conversation from across the road.

It also all ended well with your neighbor making a full recovery.

It seems that you managed to get a lot of information from your neighbor in a short conversation from across the road.

Ever heard of mobile phones and WhatsApp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

:D:D:D

Ever heard of mobile phones and WhatsApp?

The only non 'idiots' are the FG/Green non 'idiots'.

If you are a FGer/Green supporter and suspect you may have the virus and require a test, you are not an 'idiot' seemingly.
    But anybody else who suspects they have the virus and needs/wants a test, is an idiot if the test turns out to be negative it seems.

Funny old world is the world of the FG spinner! :)

• Advertisement

WTF are you on?

Just because someone calls out the shyte in the North we are flanagan supports.

And it is a bit fooking rich coming from you of all people accusing people of being linked to certain parties.

The guy that is NOT a sinn fein supporter, the one who is on every single sinn fein related thread singing from the party fooking hymn book.

About the only time you weren't singing from that playbook was when you adopted wee Mickie in the presidential election.

Of course maybe it was because you didn't like Peter Casey.

ah the days of Peter Casey when you got your knickers in an almighty twist.

BTW I heard a rumour Peter is going to come out of retirement with a plan to save us all.

Now where is my popcorn. :D

BTW charlie flanagan is a gobshyte.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement