Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Why would you believe one journalist over another?

Genuine question.

Hilarious.

Why not apply the same rules to yourself Francie? :D:D

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Extra.ie,I should imagine have not

Extra.ie... the bastion of quality investigative Irish journalism.... don't you know. :cool:

As a republican I am staying put for the duration in the interests of everybody.

Hold on a sec, didn't you travel to another jurisdiction just this week?
    Why are you not acting in the best interests of the country, but instead putting your community and neighbours at risk, by travelling?

One rule for you, another for others. Utterly selfish of you in fairness.

Lets compare post numbers in the last 72 hours Francie, shall we?

I log onto boards for a few minutes a day at a time, then at night when my day is done.

You on the other hand, well.

I did my own bit of investigative journalism. :D

FrancieBrady: total posts in this thread so far, 454
    The past 24 hours on boards.ie, 49 posts over 5 different threads.

Jinglejangle69: total posts in this thread so far, 100
    The past 24 hours on boards.ie, 13 posts over 5 different threads.

Dem the facts. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

FG will go down doing what they've always done for the Republic - making this one of the best countries in the world to live in. A social/christian democracy that we all aspire to live in.

It's the innate decency of FG that annoys so many people.

Is this the latest focus group claptrap you guys paid for?

Innate decency? More like mediocrities that smell their own farts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

smurgen wrote: »

Whilst my did FG murder your mother was obviously a joke,you accuse FG of causing deaths in nursing homes ? Fantastic
    That's just pure ignorance of the lowest order
    But then I'm not surprised, you dont put seconds thought into your posts
    Shame on you

There's no such thing as utopia, Dave. Never existed. If there was to be a communist society then you'd be in the first tranche of boring old 70's 'I was in the stickies' crew to be sent off to the gulags.

Right, there's no such thing as a better way to approach critical problems with evidence and a will to improved things , just doctrinaire FG bs for all time. Suggest an alternative and you're communist.

The FG contributions in this thread and others, and in the party in general, boils down to this.

We're the clever boys and girls. Ignore the car crash policies and outcomes, we're the best.

Painful.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Right, there's no such thing as a better way to approach critical problems with evidence and a will to improved things , just doctrinaire FG bs for all time. Suggest an alternative and you're communist.
    well suggesting a spend pre Corona north of 20 billion when only 11 billion was available wasn't communist, just simply not sustainable, 3% CBD and all that
    The FG contributions in this thread and others, and in the party in general, boils down to this.

We're the clever boys and girls. Ignore the car crash policies and outcomes, we're the best.

Painful.
    9 Billion of extra SF spend that we didnt have would have been painful eventually
    Venezuela painful

well suggesting a spend pre Corona north of 20 billion when only 11 billion was available wasn't communist, just simply not sustainable, 3% CBD and all that 9 Billion of extra SF spend that we didnt have would have been painful eventually
    Venezuela painful

Doctrinaire bs.

Venezuela. Give us a break

well suggesting a spend pre Corona north of 20 billion when only 11 billion was available wasn't communist, just simply not sustainable, 3% CBD and all that 9 Billion of extra SF spend that we didnt have would have been painful eventually
    Venezuela painful

I was under impression sf proposed tax increase of 4 billion a year and circa 20billion extra expense over 5 years

It may been very optimistic,but the math do line up from my (admittedely limited) reading of the parties main proposals??

Like ff propsed building 250k social houses,then claimed it was a typo and meant 50k,then claimed they read the typo wrong and meant it as 25k......all the while proposing to simply give away 100s of millions in an ssia type scheme (im hoping they stick to this...they into power next week,and il deffo take advantage of it)

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    Doctrinaire bs.

Venezuela. Give us a break

How so explain

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Hold on a sec, didn't you travel to another jurisdiction just this week?
    Why are you not acting in the best interests of the country, but instead putting your community and neighbours at risk, by travelling?

One rule for you, another for others. Utterly selfish of you in fairness.

Essential travel Mark. You may noticed before that Isupply a product that is useful during the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Issue with nursing homes was and is mainly in nursing homes using Agency staff. Did it slip past the notice of the HSE yes. But trying to keep twenty balls in the air is hard to do. As well it is hard to micro manage everything especially areas that are not in your direct control.

In one nursing home it was found that more staff than residential had COVID. Management and agencies allowing staff to go from one NH to another was a recipe for disaster. But staff hygiene must not have been great and infection between staff is an indicator that protocols were not in place to manage the situation.

Slava Ukrainii

Anyone else noticing journalists getting very annoyed on Twitter at not being able to get honest answers to their questions and getting lambasted for not 'pulling on the green jersey?

https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1248762908659658754

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

There is a bit of a policy robbing trend going on tbf.

https://twitter.com/EOBroin/status/1248534241014624256?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

McMurphy wrote: »
    There is a bit of a policy robbing trend going on tbf.

https://twitter.com/EOBroin/status/1248534241014624256?s=19

Yeah we won't be getting any of them after this is over.

Seems all parties are living in fantasy land.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

When the health officials and government claim they're flattening the curve what metrics are they basing this on?is it ICU admission rates or death rates because all the other data seems incomplete?

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1248678091276161024?s=19

When the health officials and government claim they're flattening the curve what metrics are they basing this on?is it ICU admission rates or death rates because

Now now
    They'd also be using the stats from testing
    We're 5th most tested out of 15 EU countries and our daily rate of deaths if multiplied by 13 is ONE THIRD that of the UK
    Yup I'd say the curve is definitely getting a battering

Every single one of your posts by the way on boards.ie that I've seen for the last 10 years is giving out about something
    That level of engrained unhappiness probably makes it a waste of time me suggesting you chill axe

Whilst my did FG murder your mother was obviously a joke,you accuse FG of causing deaths in nursing homes ? Fantastic
    That's just pure ignorance of the lowest order
    But then I'm not surprised, you dont put seconds thought into your posts
    Shame on you

Save your faux outrage. You're telling me Harris and Leo have time for photo ops and leo doing half days on the phone yet they couldn't return the calls of the head of nursing homes Ireland to check that preparations were in place to protect the most at risk group from this virus?

Now now
    They'd also be using the stats from testing
    We're 5th most tested out of 15 EU countries and our daily rate of deaths if multiplied by 13 is ONE THIRD that of the UK
    Yup I'd say the curve is definitely getting a battering

Every single one of your posts by the way on boards.ie that I've seen for the last 10 years is giving out about something
    That level of engrained unhappiness probably makes it a waste of time me suggesting you chill axe

Making it personal and making assumptions of my life for asking questions of the government and looking for accountability? Speaks volumes of you.

• Advertisement

Making it personal and making assumptions of my life for asking questions of the government and looking for accountability? Speaks volumes of you.

It's just an observation and very relevant to the percentage of veracity I apply to a post
    Save your faux outrage. You're telling me Harris and Leo have time for photo ops and leo doing half days on the phone yet they couldn't return the calls of the head of nursing homes Ireland to check that preparations were in place to protect the most at risk group from this virus?

Ah Rubbish
    Your post on that topic was 3 days old when you posted it
    Theres a huge support system for nursing homes in place now

It's just an observation and very relevant to the percentage of veracity I apply to a post

Ah Rubbish
    Your post on that topic was 3 days old when you posted it
    Theres a huge support system for nursing homes in place now

I don't use boards for hobbies or interests. Of my group of friend and relatives I'm one of a few that's interested in politics. It's my place to observe and vent regarding the mismanagement I see. Driving you and the supporters of the status quo mad stops me from from driving friends and family mad. Any of my other interests I can engage in the real world.

Back to the nursing homes great they acted swiftly to put support systems in place, you know after 100 clusters of infection have broken out as of April 6th. Real relief to those with elderly parents in there I'm sure.

I don't use boards for hobbies or interests. Of my group of friend and relatives I'm one of a few that's interested in politics. It's my place to observe and vent regarding the mismanagement I see. Driving you and the supporters of the status quo mad stops me from from driving friends and family mad. Any of my other interests I can engage in the real world.

Back to the nursing homes great they acted swiftly to put support systems in place, you know after 100 clusters of infection have broken out as of April 6th. Real relief to those with elderly parents in there I'm sure.

You're not driving me mad at all
    The nursing home clusters appeared and were addressed within a 2 week period which is incredibly fast
    The deaths amongst nursing home residents is very low compared to Spain and France,the former had abandoned dead bodies galore in nursing homes
    So I think your lecture on nursing home action here is very much exaggerated, like a lot of your posts

If you want to see inaction on nursing homes and deaths in one of Europes largest wealthiest economies versus Ireland's prompt action,have a look at the 1000's dead in nursing homes in France

Congratulations Ireland so far,keep up the good work

Essential travel Mark. You may noticed before that Isupply a product that is useful during the lockdown.

What product is this?

What product is this?

What do you need that info for? Are you gonna tell us what is essential or not and smack me for venturing out? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

The shotgun wedding looks on, they just need a patsy,, sorry,, meant bridesmaid, to help out with the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

What product is this?

Checking up on a few ATM's seeing if they needed a bit of digger work

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Nursing homes and the temp agencies are going to be sued to oblivion when this is over,

Nursing homes and the temp agencies are going to be sued to oblivion when this is over,

Nevermind the money aspect.what in God's name would you be thinking of you'd a relative in there now? Genuinely can't get my head around it. Nursing homes and clinics supporting those with compromised immune systems like cancer clinics should have been well prepared and made a top priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Nevermind the money aspect.what in God's name would you be thinking of you'd a relative in there now? Genuinely can't get my head around it. Nursing homes and clinics supporting those with compromised immune systems like cancer clinics should have been well prepared and made a top priority.

Courier companies temperature check their employees at start of shift yet people working in multiple nursing homes don't?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement