Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

It would suit FG down to the ground to have another election.

To be honest, I cant understand why they didnt opt for a new election when it is safe to do so three weeks ago when Labour, SD's and the Greens rejected the idea of joining a FF/FG coalition.
    What ever way the cookie crumbled they would definitely ended up with more seats in the Dail.

Now they will face questions over why nursing homes were so badly managed, and why they didn't have a coherent and achievable testing program.
    Will those awkward questions be enough for them to lose seats I very much doubt it, in general I think everyone has to agree that thankfully the government followed best advice and got in with measures very quickly.

Opportunity missed as far as I am concerned, even though I would never vote for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Behind a paywall , but here is some comedy gold! Like rats with nowhere left to scurry but into the water! Jesus this must be a horrendous difficult position for them to be in , wipe out or a row back and not enriching property owners, including all tds, decision makers and their cronies .. way too little too late

efanton wrote: »
    To be honest, I cant understand why they didnt opt for a new election when it is safe to do so three weeks ago when Labour, SD's and the Greens rejected the idea of joining a FF/FG coalition.
    What ever way the cookie crumbled they would definitely ended up with more seats in the Dail.

Now they will face questions over why nursing homes were so badly managed, and why they didn't have a coherent and achievable testing program.
    Will those awkward questions be enough for them to lose seats I very much doubt it, in general I think everyone has to agree that thankfully the government followed best advice and got in with measures very quickly.

Opportunity missed as far as I am concerned, even though I would never vote for them.

Another election brought about by fg , nobody would have thanked them for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What? You think everything would be grand with the Shinners in charge?

Try 10 times worse. A bankrupt state having to look to Doctors Without Borders for help.

People need to get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Try 10 times worse. A bankrupt state having to look to Doctors Without Borders for help.

People need to get real.

You forgot to mention Venezuela.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

People need to get real.

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2018/0911/993062-imo-consultants/

You do realise the main reason we cant attract doctors and consultants to Ireland is because FG insist on paying newly appointed doctor and consultants siginificantly less than their colleagues, despite being equally qualified and having similar work experience.

FG promised to remove the two tier wages for teachers, doctors and civil servants once the austerity measure had done their thing, yet eight years later they are still there.

Yes Sf would tax those earning over 140k by 5% more, but they would also get rid of the existing two tier pay system. Even after paying the additional tax newly appointed doctors or consultants would still be better off and we would attract far more.

I think you will find getting rid of a two tier pay scale would ensure we wouldn't be looking for the charity doctors. That's what FG policy is expecting doctors and consultants to do at the moment.
    The exist FG two tier system can see doctors doing the same work earning €50,000 a year less depending on when they were recruited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

You do realise the main reason we cant attract doctors and consultants to Ireland is because FG insist on paying newly appointed doctor and consultants siginificantly less than their colleagues, despite being equally qualified and having similar work experience.

FG promised to remove the two tier wages for teachers, doctors and civil servants once the austerity measure had done their thing, yet eight years later they are still there.

Yes Sf would tax those earning over 140k by 5% more, but they would also get rid of the existing two tier pay system. Even after paying the additional tax newly appointed doctors or consultants would still be better off and we would attract far more.

I think you will find getting rid of a two tier pay scale would ensure we wouldn't be looking for the charity doctors. That's what FG policy is expecting doctors and consultants to do at the moment.
    The exist FG two tier system can see doctors doing the same work earning €50,000 a year less depending on when they were recruited.

Get out of here with your facts. Venezuela, Margret Cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ireland's very own tabloid rag and Government mouthpiece treating the virus with the expected level of gravitas after 334 people have died.

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1249585668071862279?s=19

Christ it's like FFG are finally gonna pull the finger out and start doing something. After the kicking they got from SF it looks like after ten years of inaction they might actually start to try tackle the bigger issues the country is facing. We live in hope!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/capital-spending-deemed-key-to-ff-fg-coalition-government-1.4227435

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

smurgen wrote: »
    Christ it's like FFG are finally gonna pull the finger out and start doing something. After the kicking they got from SF it looks like after ten years of inaction they might actually start to try tackle the bigger issues the country is facing. We live in hope!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/capital-spending-deemed-key-to-ff-fg-coalition-government-1.4227435

The kicking they got?

Mary Lou, yous didn't kick anything.

Thats why you can't form your Venezuelan utopia style government.

Simple maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Oh look...I thought FF FG were above auction politics. Here they are teasing indo's and smaller parties with bountiful gifts to hand out.

Its taking the piss , way too little ,too late. Theyvqrr compulsive liars. Bring on the election

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Its taking the piss , way too little ,too late. Theyvqrr compulsive liars. Bring on the election

Who you voting for?

FF, FG, Renua, Soc dems, SF?

Who you voting for?

FF, FG, Renua, Soc dems, SF?

Sf I reckon. I'm not a one party man for life like you... although if fg do something about addressing the chronic abuse of the welfare state and try to make life easier for workers, I'd consider voting for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Are SF still going to cap medical professionals pay at 100k?

No.
    That has been filed along with the "We'll break up the beef factory cartel" policy in the waste basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Dream on.

There is NO way someone newly qualified has the same experience as someone qualified 10, 20, 30 years before them, be they doctor, teacher, plumber or secretary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/10/new-zealand-preparing-end-lockdown-success-coronavirus-battle-12536871/

This is how our government should have handled the Corona virus. An island country with a similar population as or own so a very appropriate comparison. Less than 1,000 infected and 1 death. And people will STILL main our government done/are doing a good job!

Whelo79 wrote: »
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/10/new-zealand-preparing-end-lockdown-success-coronavirus-battle-12536871/

This is how our government should have handled the Corona virus. An island country with a similar population as or own so a very appropriate comparison. Less than 1,000 infected and 1 death. And people will STILL main our government done/are doing a good job!

I thought the government are only following orders here?

Like the Troika etc.

Oh by the way they have 5 deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Does NZ have an un-closeable land border with the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The kicking they got?

Mary Lou, yous didn't kick anything.

Thats why you can't form your Venezuelan utopia style government.

Simple maths.

Jing, I am almost certain a wet day or two ago you where on here whinging about how the shinners "won the election" and how the "onus was on them to go off and form a govt" if i could be bothered my barney, I'm sure a 2 min search of your posting history could provide a few links that could quote them.

Now, you are handbrake turning on it?

You're about as genuine as Enda Kennys hair colour.

NZ took early and decisive action and didn't put their economy ahead of their citizens lives.

The government can do nothing right in the eyes of some.

The government can do nothing right in the eyes of some.

They can do right, they have made plenty of right decisions over the last several weeks. Unfortunately many of those decisions were made too slowly and were accompanied by many wrong decisions.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Jing, I am almost certain a wet day or two ago you where on here whinging about how the shinners "won the election" and how the "onus was on them to go off and form a govt" if i could be bothered my barney, I'm sure a 2 min search of your posting history could provide a few links that could quote them.

Now, you are handbrake turning on it?

You're about as genuine as Enda Kennys hair colour.

Nope.

I was quoting Mary Lou saying she was going to try form a government at the start even though we were told the numbers weren't there from SF comrades here.

She either was lying or can't do simple maths.

I've been clear all along on that point.

Enda Kennys hair colour?

I don't care for personally insulting people.

I see it as a form of bullying but that's par for the course with SF.

Nope.

I was quoting Mary Lou saying she was going to try form a government at the start even though we were told the numbers weren't there from SF comrades here.

She either was lying or can't do simple maths.

I've been clear all along on that point.

Enda Kennys hair colour?

Seen many many sly remarks about SF members in the last fews weeks. The nasty dial seems to be gone way up on the Spin Units side.

Does NZ have an un-closeable land border with the UK?

Did our FG negotiate with Stormont to get an alignment of approach to deal with the virus ? According to Arlene they got no heads up.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1121934/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They can do right, they have made plenty of right decisions over the last several weeks. Unfortunately many of those decisions were made too slowly and were accompanied by many wrong decisions.

Seems to be seriously annoying some here that you make any criticism of the current government. Youa re right there are a number of things they have gotten wrong in a largely well managed response to the crisis.

What they are trying to do is cast a spell that suggests FG are the ONLY party who could do this..All Hail FG! when in fact history shows we are an extremely good and dynamic country that coalesces against an outside threat. We did it to form the state and since after all, most recently with Brexit.
    Any party could have managed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Enda Kennys hair colour?

If you think me making the observation that Enda might be find of a splash or two of the old Grecian 2000 as a personal insult, I would respectfully suggest that maybe the big bad internet isn't something you should be using without adult supervision.

• Advertisement

It's frustrating because it's literally a handful of decisions that has us from saving a good few lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement