Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

So basically FF who stated they would not enter a govt with FG before the election to get more votes are now going into govt with Fag

It was very obvious from the start of elections it was a FG/FF election to do anything to stop Sinn Féin

The working class will get super ****ed now after all the money we will owe back, the rich not to much as per

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So basically FF who stated they would not enter a govt with FG before the election to get more votes are now going into govt with Fag

It was very obvious from the start of elections it was a FG/FF election to do anything to stop Sinn Féin

The working class will get super ****ed now after all the money we will owe back, the rich not to much as per

The top 5% of earners in Ireland pay 60% of the tax intake.

900,000 low earners pay none at all.

Away with your waffle.

Away with your waffle.

I'm talking about the hundreds and thousands like myself and girlfriend earning 30,000 paying over 1300 a month rent, childcare near 1000 a month just so we can both work. That's and that's not before you start on bills etc..

How are we ever meant to save for a mortgage

Away with your waffle

So does Michael Martin lying about his election promises not matter?

I also see on new govt formation, their is very little mention of the homeless crisis. Shock

I'm talking about the hundreds and thousands like myself and girlfriend earning 30,000 paying over 1300 a month rent, childcare near 1000 a month just so we can both work. That's and that's not before you start on bills etc..

How are we ever meant to save for a mortgage

Away with your waffle

So does Michael Martin lying about his election promises not matter?

I also see on new govt formation, their is very little mention of the homeless crisis. Shock

Paying rent and childcare has nothing to do with austerity.

I'm sure there is a lot of high earners paying the exact same as you in rent and childcare.

Away with your waffle.

God help us

the new government isnt even formed yet and FG arrogance,dismissal and pissing all over of poor has begun already

To think people were genuinely suprised and wondering why people.are voting shinnerz in droves, :pac:

• Advertisement

Paying rent and childcare has nothing to do with austerity.

I'm sure there is a lot of high earners paying the exact same as you in rent and childcare.

What I stated was working class will get screwed.

You havnt answered my questions on Michael Martin? Would FF voters now not be raging that one reasons they voted he has just ignored

FG have also refused to talk to Sinn Féin under any circumstances to try form a govt but now say smaller parties Must talk to them

You couldn't make this up

God help us

the new government isnt even formed yet and FG arrogance,dismissal and pissing all over of poor has begun already

To think people were genuinely suprised and wondering why people.are voting shinnerz in droves, :pac:
    Care to dispute my figures?

Play the ball..

What I stated was working class will get screwed.

You havnt answered my questions on Michael Martin? Would FF voters now not be raging that one reasons they voted he has just ignored

I hate Michael Martin and FF.

I'm not happy about this arrangement.

Should have been FF and SF with FG in opposition.

Care to dispute my figures?

Play the ball..

Meh.....your happy enough to dismiss genuine concerns as waffle

Dont see much ball-playing or engagement on pints raised on your part

But,your free to do so,....but the accusations of FG being arrogant,do.seem to be played out here....now i dont mean that as a personal insult(i apoligise if you pick it up.that way ,it was meant more as a broader example,not yous per se)

• Advertisement

I hate Michael Martin and FF.

I'm not happy about this arrangement.

Should have been FF and SF with FG in opposition.

Are you happy with Leo saying this before the election and now backtracking

https://twitter.com/JoeEDwyer/status/1250127712376807431?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Are you happy with Leo saying this before the election and now backtracking

https://twitter.com/JoeEDwyer/status/1250127712376807431?s=19

Don't you get it yet? It's all a game with these two..100 years of rules..goal is: at all times maintain power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Away with your waffle.

Actually not true
    Taxation is not just income tax.

The lower paid pay proportionately more in all the other taxes and levies when you compare take home pay to what these taxes take.

Would that mean that the top 5% pay significantly more tax in total? yes but I doubt it is close to the 60% you claim. In fat the CSO would agree with me

Total income tax collected 2017 €84,138.85 Million after deductions

Those earning 100k or more account for 6.7% of all cases in 2017 paying €19,217.94 million after deductions

All Persons
    Gross income
    100,000 to 150,000
    Number of Income Cases (Number) 95,613
    Percentage of the Total Number of Income Cases (%) 3.88
    Gross Income Charged (Million) 11,394.24
    Percentage of the Total Gross Income Charged (%) 11.45
    Tax Deducted (Million) 2,690.34
    Percentage of the Total Tax Deducted (%) 17.49

150,000 to 200,000
    Number of Income Cases (Number) 26,402
    Percentage of the Total Number of Income Cases (%) 1.07
    Gross Income Charged (Million) 4,506.20
    Percentage of the Total Gross Income Charged (%) 4.53
    Tax Deducted (Million) 1,241.81
    Percentage of the Total Tax Deducted (%) 8.07

200,000 to 275,000
    Number of Income Cases (Number) 14,196
    Percentage of the Total Number of Income Cases (%) 0.58
    Gross Income Charged (Million) 3,280.16
    Percentage of the Total Gross Income Charged (%) 3.30
    Tax Deducted (Million) 984.83
    Percentage of the Total Tax Deducted (%) 6.40

275,000 and over
    Number of Income Cases (Number) 14,060
    Percentage of the Total Number of Income Cases (%) 0.57
    Gross Income Charged (Million) 7,412.22
    Percentage of the Total Gross Income Charged (%) 7.45
    Tax Deducted (Million) 2,457.90
    Percentage of the Total Tax Deducted (%) 15.98

Link to CSO stats if you want to check it out for yourself.
    https://statbank.cso.ie/px/pxeirestat/Statire/SelectVarVal/Define.asp?maintable=RVA01&PLanguage=0

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

How many times does it has to be explained to you that FF and FG only have 72 seats between them, there are 87 other votes available for Mary-Lou, yet she can't get any of them.

blanch152 wrote: »
    How many times does it has to be explained to you that FF and FG only have 72 seats between them, there are 87 other votes available for Mary-Lou, yet she can't get any of them.

You mean she is not going to buy them with surreptitious little deals under tables with independents.

efanton wrote: »
    Actually not true

The lower paid pay proportionately more in all the other taxes and levies when you compare take home pay to what these taxes take.

Would that mean that the top 5% pay significantly more tax in total? yes but I doubt it is close to the 60% you claim. In fat the CSO would agree with me

Those earning 100k or more account for 6.7% of all cases in 2017 paying €19,217.94 million after deductions

All Persons
    Gross income
    100,000 to 150,000

150,000 to 200,000

200,000 to 275,000

275,000 and over

https://statbank.cso.ie/px/pxeirestat/Statire/SelectVarVal/Define.asp?maintable=RVA01&PLanguage=0

48% of income tax is paid by those earning over 100k.

I don't buy the argument that "the lower paid pay proportionately more in all the other taxes and levies when you compare take home pay to what these taxes take"

Basic necesseties are exempt from VAT and a greater proportion of income is spent on those goods by the less well off. DIRT is another tax that is paid by the wealthy not the poor, ditto Stamp Duty, CAT and CGT.

That leaves you with excise duties. Your argument boils down to poor people drinking and smoking more than wealthy people so they pay more tax.

You mean she is not going to buy them with surreptitious little deals under tables with independents.

They all got elected on a get FG out platform, yet Mary-Lou doesn't have the wit to bring them together, there is no getting away from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

FFS she can't even convince the Greens,SDs,Lab to back her nevermind the indos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

They all got elected on a get FG out platform, yet Mary-Lou doesn't have the wit to bring them together, there is no getting away from that.

In fairness now, I think they've changed their minds on the get them out thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

48% of income tax is paid by those earning over 100k.

I don't buy the argument that "the lower paid pay proportionately more in all the other taxes and levies when you compare take home pay to what these taxes take"

Basic necesseties are exempt from VAT and a greater proportion of income is spent on those goods by the less well off. DIRT is another tax that is paid by the wealthy not the poor, ditto Stamp Duty, CAT and CGT.

That leaves you with excise duties. Your argument boils down to poor people drinking and smoking more than wealthy people so they pay more tax.

I put the numbers before you in black and white and you still make the argument that those earning over 100k pay 48%

Look at what I posted again.

Income tax taken from those earnings over 100k was €19,217.94 million.

Now if you want to argue with CSO figures be my guest but quote a reputable source.

• Advertisement

Because she wasn't prepared to buy power...quite simple.

FF and FG are about to do it...vague bull**** programme for government... constituency bonanzas for those willing to prop them up.
    It's how it works and how it always worked from Tony Gregory to Shane Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They have?

You think covid19 will just come/go and all will be forgiven for the blueshirts and their behaviour pre 2020 election, and the weeks following it?

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The way FG gets elected on an FF out platform? The only reason FG ever gets in, is because people get sick of FF.

FFS she can't even convince the Greens,SDs,Lab to back her nevermind the indos
    They didn't hold or finish talks with all of them as it was undoable when FG crapped the bed after many who voted for them in the previous two elections had moved on. FF pulled out too.

I wouldn't be so cocksure about that. For a small window Leo looked impressive to the people that forgot the last time he looked like that was also when he had his spin back.

Facts will come out, the spin will fade, and when this is eventually finished FG and FF will get greedy again. Leopard, spots etc.

Suckit wrote: »

Facts will come out, the spin will fade, and when this is eventually finished FG and FF will get greedy again. Leopard, spots etc.

Leo will suck back votes because he convinced a **** hot speech writer back to work for him basically.

He has fooled people here and will get a bounce but it will only be a bounce. Let them at it I say. End the power swap once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Suckit wrote: »

I wouldn't be so cocksure about that. For a small window Leo looked impressive to the people that forgot the last time he looked like that was also when he had his spin back.

They're already a minority for gods sake and no one has done anything to try and replace them. :pac:

efanton wrote: »
    Actually not true

All Persons
    Gross income
    100,000 to 150,000

150,000 to 200,000

200,000 to 275,000

275,000 and over

According to the Irish Tax Institute, the top quartile of earners in Ireland pays more than 80% of the total income tax and USC; the top 1% (incomes over €200,000) pay over a quarter of income tax and USC. A person earning €100,000 already pays twelve times more personal tax than someone earning €25,000.

Successive budgets in recent years have removed an increasing number of income earners from the USC net. In 2015, 23% of the personal tax take came from the USC; by 2018, that number had fallen to 18%. In 2011, just 12% were exempted from paying the charge. Eight years later, that number has more than doubled to 28%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Away with your waffle.

We've some of the highest proportion of low paying jobs in the OECD. 23% of workers fall into the low pay category. Coupled with this we have some of the highest cost of living in the world . But you already knew this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Leo will suck back votes because he convinced a **** hot speech writer back to work for him basically.

He has fooled people here and will get a bounce but it will only be a bounce. Let them at it I say. End the power swap once and for all.

A **** hot speech ? Come on ! Like it was fine , I was in glasnevin cemetery on the tour and they re-enacted a speech from an Irish freedom fighter , would make hairs on back of your neck stand up , what varadkar delivered was generic speech 101

Idbatterim wrote: »
    A **** hot speech ? Come on ! Like it was fine , I was in glasnevin cemetery on the tour and they re-enacted a speech from an Irish freedom fighter , would make hairs on back of your neck stand up , what varadkar delivered was generic speech 101

Oh I agree..it was emotive nonsense with a few Heaney quotes. I meant '**** hot' in the sense that it fooled people into thinking this was a mobilised changed Taoiseach doing what he was born to do - save the county. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Oh I agree..it was emotive nonsense with a few Heaney quotes. I meant '**** hot' in the sense that it fooled people into thinking this was a mobilised changed Taoiseach doing what he was born to do - save the county. :)

The thing is , i dont want to dislike the guy , I wish we had a proper leader and way better quality of politician, bit I cant stand how A man manages to lose power during a fcuking boom, that is some achievement and then a big standard speech, and some thi k here is the new Michael Collins, that film brought a tear to my eye at the end, jesus if only those heroes of the time, knew what the leaders a hundred years later would become !!! Collins died for his country , varadkar would probably die to meet kylie minogue!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement