Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

McMurphy wrote: »
    2 questions please mark.

Have you taken it upon yourself to police the thread, and set the tone as to what can and cannot be posted, ie I was unaware other posters could now not post stuff in the thread if it was not specifically FG related.

Second question, do you think if I bothered my barney searching your posts in this thread, I might perhaps find a few posts non fg related, in actual fact, they might be SF related, and if you did post such things would that then make you a malcontent crank encircling a honeypot?

Think before you post.

He's just the franciebrady of FG,no critism allowed :D

(Oh and trump)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Whelo79 wrote: »
    https://gript.ie/how-the-irish-government-risked-the-lives-of-people-in-nursing-homes-and-lost/

Incredible, negligence of the highest order here. It's dumbfounding that these decisions were made and allowed to happen. Dozens of parents, grandparents, great grandparents lives lost unnecessarily by our governments ineptitude.

May they all rest in peace.

Tony Holohan is quoted in this morning's independent as describing a hidden death toll in our figure's, people dying before being tested etc, exactly what I said last week or the week before and a few fg heads sneered at any suggestion this might be happening, even though I specifically pointed out I was in no way saying the lack of testing equipment, or the substandard ppe equipment was to be lain at the feet of the caretaker Taoiseach and his caretaker govt.

Some guys jump too quick to defend things they have really no need to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

https://gript.ie/how-the-irish-government-risked-the-lives-of-people-in-nursing-homes-and-lost/

Incredible, negligence of the highest order here. It's dumbfounding that these decisions were made and allowed to happen. Dozens of parents, grandparents, great grandparents lives lost unnecessarily by our governments ineptitude.

And here is more..

Policy agenda proves Fine Gael head back into power caring less than ever about housing.

https://www.joe.ie/politics/fine-gael-policy-agenda-696337

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

satguy wrote: »
    And here is more..

Policy agenda proves Fine Gael head back into power caring less than ever about housing.

FG probably think its a pity, that this virus kills predominantly the old, rather than the young and yougish, who dont have their own homes and are unhappy about FG doing their best to imporverish them, so that their rich mates and a certain part of the electorate are kept happy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Em sinn féins election campaign was based on housing and homelessness.

Yet Eoin O Brion was on twitter yesterday ranting there is nothing in the policy about any of that?????

How are they stealing SFs ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

I'm not a subscriber so can't read it but I would think there is a growing portion of the electorate without a party they can get behind. As a centre right person, the options are pretty much non existent.

I voted FG in the last couple of elections as best of a bad lot, unfortunately not much to replace them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Idbatterim wrote: »
    FG probably think its a pity, that this virus kills predominantly the old, rather than the young and yougish, who dont have their own homes and are unhappy about FG doing their best to imporverish them, so that their rich mates and a certain part of the electorate are kept happy...

Brain dead nonsense.

FG are the wide boys, they are Doctors, Solicitors, Ex Bankers,, and will overrun FF.

How can FF ,, mostly accidental landlords, shop owners, and part time publicans ever hope to be as savy as the shower that will now sit across the table from them.

It Will Be A MASSACRE !

And the ordinary irish people, AKA,, you and me,, will pay the price.

Run Micheál,, Run ..

FG are the wide boys, they are Doctors, Solicitors, Ex Bankers,, and will overrun FF.

How can FF ,, mostly accidental landlords, shop owners, and part time publicans ever hope to be as savy as the shower that will now sit across the table from them.

It Will Be A MASSACRE !

Run Micheál,, Run ..

the way they grandstanded any postured, wont do deals with x, wont do deal with Y. I reckon they are totally fcucked, but there isnt really an alternative at the moment, many that won seats, scraped it or would likely lose them, to SF if they run more candidates in another election and another election now is a non runner, how would they go out and and canvas and lie to your face go in and hope for a miracle, they might get on, I mean this virus came out of nowhere! I reckon FF and FG both saw the election as a worse possible outcome for themselves seat wise and think , the way this has played out, we will try and get the country back on track and hope for a bigger vote the next time, I understand that logic, I dont see it playing out like that though...

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Brain dead nonsense.

Its mostly, my father voted FG or FF whatever, family tradition. they receive a far bigger vote from the elderly , than they do now from the younger generation they are prepared to throw under the bus *unless you are on of the other *4eva home gang, but many of us dont have a vagina we are prepared to use, to extort them with and moronically, didnt put ourselves down on the housing list ten plus years ago, we lacked the vision!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Small change, and individual lapses in judgement.

With FG it their government policy, and billions of euros are involved.
    When Dinny sold esat for 350 Million, he never paid a penny in tax
    100's of millions to Dinny to put in water meters
    Nearly 2 billion of NAMA properties sold back to developers for a penny on the pound.

I would rather have the odd ink cartridge go missing than see another SiteServ,, or see over 2 billion paid to BAM to build a hospital that will have less beds than the one it will replace.

Jaysys, we have the usual cohort of scape goats here.

We should be playing bingo..

Denis O'Brien, check
    BAM, check
    NAMA, check
    Siteserv, check

Let me guess, you get all your news from twitter and facebook, don't you.

john mcguirk

yeah no thanks

and in case you missed it, ireland have done pretty ok in a this.

And here is more..

Is that a program for government, no it is not.

If you cannot tell the difference, then you have no business discussing politics. Perhaps there is a 4chan thread somewhere for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It Will Be A MASSACRE !

Run Micheál,, Run ..
    Its important to distinguish between education and intelligence. I would have more faith in someone who made a living as a cattle dealer than a posh boy doctor who's response to any issue is "I think we should get a consultant to look at this"

john mcguirk

yeah no thanks

Well, that is the level of debate here.

When people are using Gript as a stick to beat FG with, I am quite happy as the people who read it are the same type of red-neck Trump supporters they claim to hate.

In fairness SF supporters and gript.ie are in the same family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I voted FG most recent elections, but couldnt justify a vote for them this year. I hoped that the message being sent to them when the results came in would be clearly received, but the soundbytes after about being treated harshly by an impatient electorate worried me that it hadnt been received at all.

They were given somewhat of a reprieve in terms of some increased goodwill from large parts of the electorate over their handling of the pandemic, but information released over the last couple of days indicates that they've wasted it - they've learned nothing at all, and will plough on in some form of government that largely mirrors the last one.

McMurphy wrote: »

Have you taken it upon yourself to police the thread, and set the tone as to what can and cannot be posted, ie I was unaware other posters could now not post stuff in the thread if it was not specifically FG related.

You mean we should post non-FG stuff in the FG thread?
    Right so Ted! :D:D

As I said, this is the honeypot thread for the cranks and malcontents under the guise of getting at 'da guberment'. Work away lad, work away...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, that is the level of debate here.

When people are using Gript as a stick to beat FG with, I am quite happy as the people who read it are the same type of red-neck Trump supporters they claim to hate.

In fairness SF supporters and gript.ie are in the same family.

Quite a broad brush stroke there horse.

You should of went the whole nine yards there and insinuated they are all pub brawling insurance scammers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Heard it all now.

Just heard on Newstalk some FG TD has demanded that footpaths should be widened so that older people can keep their social distancing.

This would be that same party that said we had no money for large capital expenditure projects, and probably less now because of the virus crisis.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Jaysys, we have the usual cohort of scape goats here.

Denis O'Brien, check
    BAM, check
    NAMA, check
    Siteserv, check

You only see the names,, buy you refuse to see the billions of our money involved.

efanton wrote: »
    Heard it all now.

Just heard on Newstalk some FG TD has demanded that footpaths should be widened so that older people can keep their social distancing.

This would be that same party that said we had no money for large capital expenditure projects, and probably less now because of the virus crisis.

And I bet they know just the man to widen all those footpaths for us, sure did'nt they give a company that was in NAMA with 200 million in debt, and then wipe out the debt before giving him the keys..

I voted FG most recent elections, but couldnt justify a vote for them his year. I hoped that the message being sent to them when the results came in would be clearly received, but the soundbytes after about being treated harshly by an impatient electorate worried me that it hadnt been received at all.

They were given somewhat of a reprieve in terms of some increased goodwill from large parts of the electorate over their handling of the pandemic, but information released over the last couple of days indicates that they've wasted it - they've learned nothing at all, and will plough on in some form of government that largely mirrors the last one.

this is totally fair imo

id have thought that they would have taken the opportunity to rethink their approach to housing and shoring the economy up so that lower earners would see a fair reward for the last ten years

not much sign of it at all

So if a Micheál Martin lead FF made up of mostly mostly accidental landlords, shop owners, and part time publicans is a wet dream for FG.

Then their nightmare is to wake up and find a Mary Lou lead SF sitting across the table from them,, Now that would be fun to watch, I bet Leo would be glad he had his brown trousers on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

And I bet they know just the man to widen all those footpaths for us, sure did'nt they give a company that was in NAMA with 200 million in debt, and then wipe out the debt before giving him the keys..

Well he will need a new company.
    His Digicell empire is nosediving and $7 billion in debt at the moment. He is frantically trying to get debt written off (AGAIN) from his creditors.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/denis-o-brien-s-digicel-sees-75-take-up-of-1-7bn-debt-write-off-offer-1.4229514

This morning somone put a note under Leo's door, to say that Mary Lou and the kids are recovering now..

89932145_10213135828909298_3501613109020196864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQm_Bn2400aVjbKskCAW6-SoNXelcuFF5UtUdIZIsktCmqdBpwvuir8HrMQNk-6iSUI&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=80ec531ca68c0717961a6d87b30df7d4&oe=5EBE06C2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

john mcguirk

yeah no thanks

Is there anything you can dispute in the article, all factual content.

Care to give some clarification to what exactly 'pretty OK' is? I don't expect an over paid government to be performing 'pretty OK' in the face of a killer virus. Maybe that's acceptable to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I voted FG most recent elections, but couldnt justify a vote for them this year. I hoped that the message being sent to them when the results came in would be clearly received, but the soundbytes after about being treated harshly by an impatient electorate worried me that it hadnt been received at all.

What's to learn? They do alright and make their money. The financial crisis was a win for FG. Their own did quite well. They've no interest in governing for the people. It's about fooling the people while looking after their own. Always was, always will be. If there was no private money in it they wouldn't be bothered. Look at their private profit led housing advised by the wife of then Goldman-Sachs boss man one of the top vulture funds renting to us.
    efanton wrote: »
    Heard it all now.

Harks back to earlier posts. How will FG justify clawing us back to record breaking crises non-Covid 19 related so they can make money off the tax payers back? Be a dilly of a pickle. When it's a crisis that effects them directly and damages their economy anything goes...when it's housing and public health we hear about magic money trees and these things taking time.

I see the unions struck a deal to allow public health workers volunteer in private nursing homes. Fair play. can I assume Denis and Larry are responding in kind or will they still be being looked after by FG for assisting during the pandemic?
    Fuppin, unions something something...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Is there anything you can dispute in the article, all factual content.

Care to give some clarification to what exactly 'pretty OK' is? I don't expect an over paid government to be performing 'pretty OK' in the face of a killer virus. Maybe that's acceptable to you.

Compared to say Northern Ireland where the SF/DUP government are hiding the statistics on nursing home deaths, I think that we are doing more than pretty OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    What's to learn? They do alright and make their money. The financial crisis was a win for FG. Their own did quite well. They've no interest in governing for the people. It's about fooling the people while looking after their own. Always was, always will be. If there was no private money in it they wouldn't be bothered. Look at their private profit led housing advised by the wife of then Goldman-Sachs boss man one of the top vulture funds renting to us.

Harks back to earlier posts. How will FG justify clawing us back to record breaking crises non-Covid 19 related so they can make money off the tax payers back? Be a dilly of a pickle. When it's a crisis that effects them directly and damages their economy anything goes...when it's housing and public health we hear about magic money trees and these things taking time.

I see the unions struck a deal to allow public health workers volunteer in private nursing homes. Fair play. can I assume Denis and Larry are responding in kind or will they still be being looked after by FG for assisting during the pandemic?
    Fuppin, unions something something...

Did you see the FF/FG document yet?

It must be turning your stomach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement