Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,556 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Shush!
    The memo says FF,FG,Labour and gene pool independents or more than half of voters don't count
    They are power swap voters
    Scum basically
    Cubaesqe mindset in reality

Some lads are living in a cocoonr

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I see Waterford Whispers have published a more honest FF/FG paper:
    Fine Gael’s Real ’10 Key Aims For Government’ Revealed

‘The Crisis’ will now replace ‘Brexit’ as our future excuse for not following through on any promises”.

“Stress the need for housing, but plough on as normal, remaining a landlords, developers and pension funds wettest of wet dream”.

The document ends with “Power. Glorious power. Ours forever” mixed in with a appears to be an ancient incantation which has the potential to summon the Greek God of Austerity.

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/04/16/fine-gaels-real-10-key-aims-for-government-revealed/

Shouldn't be giving my sense to FF/FG but trying to appease anyone who drifted toward giving SF a nod by bullsh*tting about a united Ireland in all but the term 'united' is backward civil war arrogance. It's FF/FG's policies and actions that causes the drift away. Trying to steal all SF's 'Wolfe Tones world tour 2020' t-shirts is not what it's about. It shows FF/FG's ignorance and arrogance and how they'll plough on as before like smarmy privileged shysters throwing crumbs out their carriage window for the working tax payer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Much as I find Oliver Callans kicks funny and sometimes Waterford whispers, they give all parties a Right going over for spitting image style comedy
    It's not meant to be anything other than that

The charctertures of the poll hoovering Healy Raes being a case in point in both shows
    Callans kicks 2016 election take off of Gerry Adams one of their funniest as was Enda Kenny and Michael Noonan up in a loft with Angela Merkel arriving banging at at the door to the sound of luftwaffe and air raid sirens during that crash

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Much as I find Oliver Callans kicks funny and sometimes Waterford whispers, they give all parties a Right going over for spitting image style comedy

The charctertures of the poll hoovering Healy Raes being a case in point in both shows
    Callans kicks 2016 election take off of Gerry Adams one of their funniest as was Enda Kenny and Michael Noonan up in a loft with Angela Merkel arriving banging at at the door to the sound of luftwaffe and air raid sirens during that crash

His sketch with the Irish politicians in the dail bar (including a Sammy Wilson who says nothing but 'NO!" regardless of what's being asked of him) had me in stitches, look it up and have a good chuckle at it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

What use are SF Greens SDs PBP etc now?

We have a budget deficit of 20billion for 2020.

Only FG have shown they can balance the books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ffs, will conservatives ever give up on this crap, budgets dont necessarily always need to be balanced, sometimes its in fact dangerous to do so, particularly in deflationary periods such as now

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Thinly veiled 'look over there' while FG FF get mercilessly lampooned.

Backwards.
    What SF, Green, SD, PBP government caused a financial crash, put us in generational debt, bail out private bondholders, blame us, engage in rampant costly cronyism, create quangos, commit fraud, cost the tax payer billions due to incompetence, oversee year on year record breaking crises while looking after their own?
    Balance the books my hole. Take your head out of the 'Vote vote vote for Devalera!' clouds.

FG and company will be the ones making money on this while we suffer austerity. 'We're all in this together' my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

there is all this talk of how "cute" irish politicians are, they reason they are haemorrhaging support, is analysed to death and the morons still head for the iceberg like the titanic!

long story short, mainly on housing, half or so of you ex voters, you morons, arent going to vote to be impoverished on housing, while two or three budgets ago, they benefitted around a euro a week, if earning a euro under the marginal rate :rolleyes:

I honestly thin FG just follow the RTE mood, RTE did their best to write of SF during the election, believe me , that rotten to the core oranisation, the state propaganda mouthpiece, you'd be better off getting a feel from the mood on the journal and the likes of here, than RTE varadkar!

no wonder you are obsessed with welfare hikes, sure werent MOC and Margaret Ca$h best of palls on RTE? I'd love to see her ilk, on a uk chat or current affairs show! LOL!

They are obsessed with how they appear to everyone, trying to be all things, to all people, hows that working out for them?

they can do amazing things for companies books and impoverish those that in hindsight foolishly voted for them the previous two elections! Idiots like myself, naieve enough to think , they could actually mean business on sorting out issues here, like they said they would!

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Backwards.
    What SF, Green, SD, PBP government caused a financial crash, put us in generational debt, bail out private bondholders, blame us, engage in rampant costly cronyism, create quangos, commit fraud, cost the tax payer billions due to incompetence, oversee year on year record breaking crises while looking after their own?
    Balance the books my hole. Take your head out of the 'Vote vote vote for Devalera!' clouds.

FG and company will be the ones making money on this while we suffer austerity. 'We're all in this together' my arse.

The Greens were in government from 2007 to 2011. They made a total mess of it.

The SDs are just Lab people who want to sit on a fence.

SF claimed they could spend an extra 22billion by 2025. :D

FG didn't cause the mess left by FF/Greens in 2011. Nor C19.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    they can do amazing things for companies books and impoverish those that in hindsight foolishly voted for them the previous two elections! Idiots like myself, naieve enough to think , they could actually mean business on sorting out issues here, like they said they would!

Agreed. Spending without reform is a load of crap!

2016 to 2020 public spending increased by 13 billion with no reform.

No election manifesto had any real element of reform in it.

Let's cut out giving gifts to the likes of the sky sports GAA. 30mil for a stadium in cork that full a couple of times a year was insane.

FG waste a lot but the rest want to waste more.

Agreed. Spending without reform is a load of crap!

2016 to 2020 public spending increased by 13 billion with no reform.

No election manifesto had any real element of reform in it.

Let's cut out giving gifts to the likes of the sky sports GAA. 30mil for a stadium in cork that full a couple of times a year was insane.

FG waste a lot but the rest want to waste more.

The FAI bailout was another disgrace, RTE is criminal too. Look, you cant keep on funding black holes, letting them all screw up and just walk, with big pay outs after robbing organisations blind and doing a disgraceful job of your job...

You want to stop the endless cycle of BS, simply tell them all, they need to cut pay their own way entirely, no state funding IMO... Let them innovate and deal with the gorging at the trough...

also somebody please tell me, why the hell does greyhound racing , get a fortune thrown at it every year? Like if you look at so many budgets totally starved, rural post office or garda stations closed, to save a total irrelelvance of money, just zero, and you look at the political fall out. I really just dont know what to make of this country, because the way it is set up and the decision making is staggering!

FFG will try to keep it business as usual pretty much, they know this could last chance at redemption, but I personally think, business rates, should possibly be abolished, how much do they generate each year? Replace it with a proper LPT or bring in a council tax, even better...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Is it true that FG/FF have told the Greens if they don't get on board Danny Healy Rae is next minister for the environment

The Greens were in government from 2007 to 2011. They made a total mess of it.

The SDs are just Lab people who want to sit on a fence.

SF claimed they could spend an extra 22billion by 2025. :D

FG didn't cause the mess left by FF/Greens in 2011. Nor C19.

The Green's like Labour after them sat on their hands for much of what FF/FG did. How can you criticise the Greens while giving FG and in association FF, a free pass?
    The SD's were formed out of Shortall, a then Labour TD having enough of Labour turning a blind eye to FG. How on earth is that sitting on the fence? In fact going in with FF/FG and letting them go wild is what the Greens and Labour did. We'd have been better off if they had sat on the fence rather than going in with FF/FG and sitting on their hands for the most part.

'FG didn't cause Covid 19'. Are you serious? Is that where your head is at? It's how FG swoop and take advantage of the tax payer during and after crises that's the problem with them.
    Look if you do alright by FG and have no concern for those who don't, sure go on, but don't try justify it past looking after yourself. By supporting FG people are spending tax money to make private profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I'm seeing big problems with Fine Gaels nylon trousered grassroots, how will they manage the sight of their beloved Mickey Ring corroded in the shadow of Callearys brow, or their blessed Mother Josie bespoiled by a rutting Chambers, or Heather Humphrys heffalumps bristled by a bould Willie, they'll be rattling rosaries and dry cleaned sashes at the thought of FF/FG beast with two backs straddling the beleaguered nation.

I'm seeing big problems with Fine Gaels nylon trousered grassroots, how will they manage the sight of their beloved Mickey Ring corroded in the shadow of Callearys brow, or their blessed Mother Josie bespoiled by a rutting Chambers, or Heather Humphrys heffalumps bristled by a bould Willie, they'll be rattling rosaries and dry cleaned sashes at the thought of FF/FG beast with two backs straddling the beleaguered nation.

Nevermind all that, I'd pay good money to have witnessed Charlie "black and tan" Flannigan's face when he heard of the United island unit.

Wonder if the state commemoration has been cancelled yet, or is it still only deferred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

There isn't a doubt in the world, a bit like sectarianism, that civil war politics and rivalry is very strong in both parties
    Every party in the world has a more left and more right hump in them
    If the effective merger goes ahead after a few 100 lip biting classes,its going to be very interesting to see the dynamics of it

Going back to Callans kicks,his characterture of Leo is pure brilliance in its causticness, so so funny
    His show better be on when the next government is formed
    A tonic in crazy coronavirus land

The Green's like Labour after them sat on their hands for much of what FF/FG did. How can you criticise the Greens while giving FG and in association FF, a free pass?
    The SD's were formed out of Shortall, a then Labour TD having enough of Labour turning a blind eye to FG. How on earth is that sitting on the fence? In fact going in with FF/FG and letting them go wild is what the Greens and Labour did. We'd have been better off if they had sat on the fence rather than going in with FF/FG and sitting on their hands for the most part.

'FG didn't cause Covid 19'. Are you serious? Is that where your head is at? It's how FG swoop and take advantage of the tax payer during and after crises that's the problem with them.
    Look if you do alright by FG and have no concern for those who don't, sure go on, but don't try justify it past looking after yourself. By supporting FG people are spending tax money to make private profits.

Who else will pay? :rolleyes:

I dont do well by FG. I start paying the high rate of tax at a very low level to pay. Under SF it would be even lower,

Its the people who dont work that get everything for free which is disgusting. Full employment and we still have people on CE schemes.

Who else will pay? :rolleyes:

I dont do well by FG. I start paying the high rate of tax at a very low level to pay. Under SF it would be even lower,

Its the people who dont work that get everything for free which is disgusting. Full employment and we still have people on CE schemes.

So you are okay with the tax payer taking a hit while FG look after their own with sweet deals and jobs? How about we simply act off of a sense of value for money? Let's be fiscally conservative. FG's fiscal conservatism means austerity for the public and blank cheques for everything else.

Pensions is a good one. Working tax payers are in many cases needing state aid and many more just managing to get by. Then we've the bogeyman of pensions hanging over us and ignorant people like Leo 'had to borrow off my parents' Varadkar wondering why more folk aren't saving towards their pension. Maybe if rents weren't so nuts and property not used by the wealthy for investment, or people got a decent living wage they might be able to put a bit away. The FG way is to cut you to the quick for private profits and then point fingers at retirees by making them sign on for a year and look down on them for not having a private pension.
    Have a think about that. These are the so called fiscal conservatives. Cutting the legs out from under you then looking down on you because you need a dig out. you would think it was their money, mind they do use the tax payer as a buy in for private gain.

Who doesn't work? The sick, pensioners. How many are we talking that choose not to work, have you numbers? With such high employment why are you whinging about a likely minuscule number and who built and runs the system you are giving out about, Gino whoever the f*** or FF/FG?
    CE Scheme :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The problem with your narrative is that there are 84 TDs at the moment prepared to sit on the fence and not go into government. That is an awful indictment of them.

They all claim to hate FF/FG yet they are nothing more than an incoherent rabble of a mob.

As for your last sentence, that belongs more in conspiracy theory land than in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

So you are okay with the tax payer taking a hit while FG look after their own with sweet deals and jobs? How about we simply act off of a sense of value for money? Let's be fiscally conservative. FG's fiscal conservatism means austerity for the public and blank cheques for everything else.

Pensions is a good one. Working tax payers are in many cases needing state aid and many more just managing to get by. Then we've the bogeyman of pensions hanging over us and ignorant people like Leo 'had to borrow off my parents' Varadkar wondering why more folk aren't saving towards their pension. Maybe if rents weren't so nuts and property not used by the wealthy for investment, or people got a decent living wage they might be able to put a bit away. The FG way is to cut you to the quick for private profits and then point fingers at retirees by making them sign on for a year and look down on them for not having a private pension.
    Have a think about that. These are the so called fiscal conservatives. Cutting the legs out from under you then looking down on you because you need a dig out. you would think it was their money, mind they do use the tax payer as a buy in for private gain.

Who doesn't work? The sick, pensioners. How many are we talking that choose not to work, have you numbers? With such high employment why are you whinging about a likely minuscule number and who built and runs the system you are giving out about, Gino whoever the f*** or FF/FG?
    CE Scheme :rolleyes:

Just a few clarifications. The pension "bogeyman", do you disagree that there is a time bomb given our aging population? Or is taxing the rich and something about Dinny going to solve that? Having to sign on for a year is stupid though I do agree.

Also about people not working: approx 1 in 6 households had no adults of working age in employment. That's seems quite high to me, certainly not minuscule. How that arose and how many are genuine I'm not sure, but it definitely does put a strain on the rest of us.

Are there issues with FG and in the country? Absolutely, someone paying a prince's ransom for a sh1thole could definitely attest to that. But let's not take a George Lee outlook on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Roughly 115 million Eur spend per month is the estimate we’re looking at for the private hospital use cost to the state. At least Leo has it firmly under control: “It may be right or it may be wrong. It is an accurate estimate but it is not necessarily what the actual cost will be because we will not know that until the end, when the costs are calculated.”

smurgen wrote: »
    Roughly 115 million Eur spend per month is the estimate we’re looking at for the private hospital use cost to the state. At least Leo has it firmly under control: “It may be right or it may be wrong. It is an accurate estimate but it is not necessarily what the actual cost will be because we will not know that until the end, when the costs are calculated.”

Is that all? Thought it would be a lot more. Anyway fair play to them for being able to secure the use of them so quickly.

christy c wrote: »
    Is that all? Thought it would be a lot more.

This was most likely the initial response from a sizeable chunk of the FG party when they first got a glimpse of the estimated cost of the NCH too.

No doubt leo and chums will be calling in a few favours from DOB, it's not like he doesn't owe them afterall.

christy c wrote: »
    Just a few clarifications. The pension "bogeyman", do you disagree that there is a time bomb given our aging population? Or is taxing the rich and something about Dinny going to solve that? Having to sign on for a year is stupid though I do agree.

Also about people not working: approx 1 in 6 households had no adults of working age in employment. That's seems quite high to me, certainly not minuscule. How that arose and how many are genuine I'm not sure, but it definitely does put a strain on the rest of us.

Are there issues with FG and in the country? Absolutely, someone paying a prince's ransom for a sh1thole could definitely attest to that. But let's not take a George Lee outlook on everything.

you are bang on about the pension time bomb and the situation is made even worse, by this new bombshell! Yet what did we keep hearing about pre - election, lowering the age back down ? Jesus. FFG neednt talk about prudence!

Idbatterim wrote: »
    you are bang on about the pension time bomb and the situation is made even worse, by this new bombshell! Yet what did we keep hearing about pre - election, lowering the age back down ? Jesus. FFG neednt talk about prudence!

Seen as the time bomb is very much still an issue, I will continue to bang on.

FF, SF and labour all wanted to lower the pension age back down which I have repeatedly said was brain dead.

McMurphy wrote: »
    This was most likely the initial response from a sizeable chunk of the FG party when they first got a glimpse of the estimated cost of the NCH too.

No doubt leo and chums will be calling in a few favours from DOB, it's not like he doesn't owe them afterall.

I dont know what the reaction to the NCH cost was, but the use of private hospitals is money well spent in this once in a generation event IMO.

Whatever happened it was fantastic to secure the use of the hospitals so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Advertisement

Not good, last thing we need is Leo getting sick. He has been performing well under difficult circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement