Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

satguy wrote: »
    Some FG fan boys will never see wrong.

The rest of us just see the same few names getting richer by the day.

It really doesn't matter how or why it happens, the list of stuff on offer, will always look after the FG inner circle.

Water meters.
    Phone Linence.
    Tax write downs.
    Laying Fiber optic cable.
    Hospital Beds.
    Fuel for police cars and ambulances, they all have to use a certain filling station.

The list goes on and on,, and on and on.
    But.. the same names, pop up again, and again.

When will we see the truth,, and say "No MORE" ...

Our company uses one of the largest lease companies in Ireland. We get a fuel card and have to use Topaz as well. EVery company that uses that lease company have the same. We have nothing to do with the government, neither do loads of companies that use it.

They use Topaz because it has the largest coverage in Ireland. Fairly simple in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

Shefwedfan wrote: »

They use Topaz because it has the largest coverage in Ireland. Fairly simple in reality

Answer the Question,, It's a name,, not a reason.

Somebody say it...

Go on,,, I'll Wait

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It is much more common practice that a business would issue a fuel card such as DCI for example, meaning like a visa card can be spent in most places, so too can the fuel card.

I see no logic to restricting an employee with a company vehicle to have to use a specific fuelling stationb franchise, whether that be Apple Green, Circle K, Maxol or whatever.

Similarly, there is also an extremely good reason most haulage companies in this country bulk buy their fuel, and have it delivered to them on site.

I can assure you, it's not the likes of Topaz or Apple green that do be sending fuel tankers to the hauliers yard, and it's not hard to guess why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Is that a quote from satire site Waterford whispers?
    I genuinely had to explain to a science student in second year of university that mallow news wasn't a real news organisation but a satire site also

Have to say baby Jesus weeps
    blanch152 wrote: »
    Some people get confused between reality and fantasy. They see boogeymen around every corner while believing that unicorns and rainbows will pay for everything.

You lads seem to confuse fiction with things you don't comprehend. There's no shame in it. I can break it down further if you like?

Would it not be a nice gesture? If I were a billionaire with private health facilities I would see it as my duty to help were I could. Not unlike the HSE staff volunteering their time.
    It's really sad some people see such decent gestures as only possible in farce.

Are we not paying twice as much as our UK counterparts for the use of private beds from Goodman and O'Brien?
    Do we not have private individuals volunteering to help in private hospitals/clinics?
    It may not have featured in Callan's kicks, but there we are.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    It is much more common practice that a business would issue a fuel card such as DCI for example, meaning like a visa card can be spent in most places, so too can the fuel card.

I see no logic to restricting an employee with a company vehicle to have to use a specific fuelling stationb franchise, whether that be Apple Green, Circle K, Maxol or whatever. x

Ask the largest car leasing company in Ireland.....they use a single supplier. Topaz

McMurphy wrote: »
    Similarly, there is also an extremely good reason most haulage companies in this country bulk buy their fuel, and have it delivered to them on site.

I can assure you, it's not the likes of Topaz or Apple green that do be sending fuel tankers to the hauliers yard, and it's not hard to guess why.

My english teacher would hammer us for "do be" :D ahh good times

Where exactly are they going to put thousands and thousands of ltr of fuel for government vehicles? plus make sure it is safe? plus keep sticky fingers from it?

Safety alone, you have plenty ofg plonkers who would think it is great crack to blow up fuel at a Garda station.

Also, what is percentage saving by buying in bulk? last time I checked it was 8c per ltr when to the disty and the garage. The cost of storing it would probably make it more expensive. Of course I could be wrong?

Bowie wrote: »
    You lads seem to confuse fiction with things you don't comprehend. There's no shame in it. I can break it down further if you like?

Would it not be a nice gesture? If I were a billionaire with private health facilities I would see it as my duty to help were I could. Not unlike the HSE staff volunteering their time.
    It's really sad some people see such decent gestures as only possible in farce.

Are we not paying twice as much as our UK counterparts for the use of private beds from Goodman and O'Brien?
    Do we not have private individuals volunteering to help in private hospitals/clinics?
    It may not have featured in Callan's kicks, but there we are.

How much have uyou donated out of your own pockets towards the HSE in this crisis?

Once again,,, FG doing what FG do best,, and It's all about their inner circle, but mostly Dinny.

Varadkar says €115m per month is an 'accurate estimate' for cost of renting private hospitals

We know the owner of FG also ownes the Beacon Hospital,, so it was a given that the boss would do well from this pandemic.
    They even changed the TAX laws so he could stick around for a while more.

But did you know that Simon Coveney’s wife is Larry Goodman’ s niece. And Larry owns The Blackrock Clinic ,,,

https://www.thejournal.ie/government-private-hospital-deal-5076554-Apr2020/#comment-8780276

Time and Time again,, there are a small few names that always seem to do well by FG,, the same 3 or 4 names keep popping up.
    FG are the wide boys,, and FF will have no chance dealing with them,,, It Will Be A MASSACRE !!

The cheerleaders won't acknowledge it. People suffer. FG give us the 'we're all in this together', while their pals make profits and workers previously chastised by the FG brethren volunteer to help out. FF/FG need to apologise and leave the Irish people be. they've no conscience and only greed on their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Remember this..

TOPAZ WIN GOVT FUEL CONTRACT WORTH €20 MILLION

https://www.businessworld.ie/news-from-ireland/Topaz-win-Govt-fuel-contract-worth-E20m-9526.html

A starter for 10 ....
    Who owned TOPAZ at the time ??

Go on,,, I'll Wait ..

I drive a ps vehicle. If I'm not mistaken that contract has since finished and we are now refuelling at Applegreen garages. Not too sure about Gardai/HSE however.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    So let me get this straight..
    The contention above is private hospitals were negotiated into public availability for the current crisis on the basis that FG buddies would make money

That's a text book example of a crackpot conspiracy theory

Who got the contracts and for how much is no conspiracy theory more par for the FG course.

• Advertisement

Remember this..

https://www.businessworld.ie/news-from-ireland/Topaz-win-Govt-fuel-contract-worth-E20m-9526.html

A starter for 10 ....

Go on,,, I'll Wait ..

Still Waiting...

Somebody say his name,, you know your "god damn right" ,, just be careful..

https://politics.ie/threads/why-is-rte-afraid-of-denis-obrien.208285/page-11

Garda & HSE run enormous fleets of vehicles, I expect them to buy in bulk contracts, not from any old supplier anywhere.

Why? I can see your logic but we're talking about an organisation with previous for spit and a handshake contracts ffs.

How much have uyou donated out of your own pockets towards the HSE in this crisis?

None of your business. My money is my own not the tax payers. So you've no opinion or just trying to derail?

Look..

None of your business. My money is my own not the tax payers. So you've no opinion or just trying to derail?

To quote you

“Would it not be a nice gesture? If I were a billionaire with private health facilities I would see it as my duty to help were I could. Not unlike the HSE staff volunteering their time.
    It's really sad some people see such decent gestures as only possible in farce.“

So it’s ok for everyone else to donate but not yourself?

Not trying to derail, just this place is full of people complaining but ask them to get off their ass and help or put their hand in pocket and they soon head for hills

Who got the contracts and for how much is no conspiracy theory more par for the FG course.

Did all private hospitals not get taken over? It wasn’t like they picked which ones they liked?

Maybe I am wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

We were faced with the possibility of doctors having to play God, choosing who to treat and who not to treat due to a surge of sick patients flooding our hospitals. Then the government managed to secure the private facilities for a pittance in the grand scheme of things.

But maybe we should have waited for them to donate the hospitals to us or sulked because Denis o'Brien was involved. Pathetic really.

christy c wrote: »
    We were faced with the possibility of doctors having to play God, choosing who to treat and who not to treat due to a surge of sick patients flooding our hospitals. Then the government managed to secure the private facilities for a pittance in the grand scheme of things.

But maybe we should have waited for them to donate the hospitals to us or sulked because Denis o'Brien was involved. Pathetic really.

You would swear this is just an issue in Ireland

In the UK they have just told the nhs to reuse protective clothing when possible due to shortages

The whole World is on its knees, every health organisation. Need to put a bit of context on this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ask the largest car leasing company in Ireland.....they use a single supplier. Topaz

I don't need to ask them, it doesn't take anything anyway from my post, but I do feel the need to ask, leasing companies, they don't tend to lease vehicles and fuel them, not any I've ever dealt with anyway, in guessing they're certainly not going to be buying anywhere near the amount of fuel on a monthly basis as even a modest sized company with a fleet of vans and cars.

My english teacher would hammer us for "do be" :D ahh good times

I'm just having a light hearted chat with others on a messaging board, not writing a letter to the Queen. Your English teacher will be ok with me I would imagine.
    Where exactly are they going to put thousands and thousands of ltr of fuel for government vehicles? plus make sure it is safe? plus keep sticky fingers from it?

Safety alone, you have plenty ofg plonkers who would think it is great crack to blow up fuel at a Garda station.

Also, what is percentage saving by buying in bulk? last time I checked it was 8c per ltr when to the disty and the garage. The cost of storing it would probably make it more expensive. Of course I could be wrong?

No one said they should bulk buy like hauliers, I was explaining why a general fuel card makes tonnes more sense than having to be restricted to one particular chain of filing station.

Why are the Irish Government paying double what the UK and the NHS are paying.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/16/nhs-rent-8000-private-hospital-beds-2400000-per-day-12406301/

Say his name,, you all know,,, Say it ... !!

• Advertisement

What if we all refused to pay the RTE licence fee,, until they say his name...

Go on RTE,,, say his name...

Maybe then,, we might get the irish news channel we all need,,, maybe make Lottie read the 10 O'clock every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Why are the Irish Government paying double what the UK and the NHS are paying.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/16/nhs-rent-8000-private-hospital-beds-2400000-per-day-12406301/

Say his name,, you all know,,, Say it ... !!

Multitude of reasons, the brain dead conspiracy theorists would have people dying in in the streets rather than see Denis O'Brien get a penny. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Maybe then,, we might get the irish news channel we all need,,, maybe make Lottie read the 10 O'clock every night.

Dont bother paying the license fee , you need it more than the Montrose millionaires

And breathe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Remember this..

A starter for 10 ....

Go on,,, I'll Wait ..

DENNIS O'BRIEN

Boogeyman of every internet debate.

There I've done it. :pac:

Nothing then.

The cheerleaders won't acknowledge it. People suffer. FG give us the 'we're all in this together', while their pals make profits and workers previously chastised by the FG brethren volunteer to help out. FF/FG need to apologise and leave the Irish people be. they've no conscience and only greed on their mind.

FG have only 35 seats, the often mentioned FF/FG duo have combined only 72.

They can be removed swiftly if the dail chooses.

It doesnt. We have elected a parliament of wasters (96 grand a year each) that doesn't want to take any decisions on anything ever.

DENNIS O'BRIEN

Well done,,, and video proof of how dangerous it is to say his name is on the way.. next hour or so..

DENNIS O'BRIEN

Not you will really set them off.....

• Advertisement

Just setting up an offshore account so I post video proof ,,, last thing you need is to be tracked..

an hour or so ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement