Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

satguy wrote: »
    Just setting up an offshore account so I post video proof ,,, last thing you need is to be tracked..

an hour or so ..

Ring Gemma, or tweet her, she can give you tips:P

Yeah fu*king dynanmite alright

"An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: MLWKJ99RaQqoOtRn)
    Learn More"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

offshore DNS not set yet .. takes 30 to 40 min

offshore DNS not set yet .. takes 30 to 40 min

You posted a youtube link, what the f**k has an offshore DNS got to do with a youtube link?

Do you know what a DNS is?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You posted a youtube link,,
    Do you know what a DNS is?

A YT link from Western Samoa ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    It is much more common practice that a business would issue a fuel card such as DCI for example, meaning like a visa card can be spent in most places, so too can the fuel card.

I see no logic to restricting an employee with a company vehicle to have to use a specific fuelling stationb franchise, whether that be Apple Green, Circle K, Maxol or whatever.

Similarly, there is also an extremely good reason most haulage companies in this country bulk buy their fuel, and have it delivered to them on site.

I can assure you, it's not the likes of Topaz or Apple green that do be sending fuel tankers to the hauliers yard, and it's not hard to guess why.

It would seem that you don’t know how buying fuel in bulk works, or how fuel cards work.

DCI cards are only for small operators who have a few vehicles on the road.

And, Topaz, Apple Green are sending fuel tankers to the hauliers yard.
    How did you think it was getting there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

atticu wrote: »
    It would seem that you don’t know how buying fuel in bulk works, or how fuel cards work.

And, Topaz, Apple Green and are sending fuel tankers to the hauliers yard.

Yawn.

While I am here- any idea who is claiming this allowance?

Any links?

And, Topaz, Apple Green and are sending fuel tankers to the hauliers yard.

I wouldn't bother.....

Yawn.
    I was explaining why a general fuel card makes tonnes more sense than having to be restricted to one particular chain of filing station.

Jonny, care to back up your statement?

• Advertisement

A YT link from Western Samoa ..

:P:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

To quote you

“Would it not be a nice gesture? If I were a billionaire with private health facilities I would see it as my duty to help were I could. Not unlike the HSE staff volunteering their time.
    It's really sad some people see such decent gestures as only possible in farce.“

So it’s ok for everyone else to donate but not yourself?

Not trying to derail, just this place is full of people complaining but ask them to get off their ass and help or put their hand in pocket and they soon head for hills

A fail there horse.
    What has one to do with the other?
    Good effort at dodging the entire point to try derail.
    Would it not be a nice gesture? If I were a billionaire with private health facilities I would see it as my duty to help were I could. Not unlike the HSE staff volunteering their time.

What's complaining about asking that? If I made billions off the Irish tax payer and had access to my own medical facilities I'd offer them not fleece the tax payer aided by my pals in FG. All's I'm saying is it would be nice wouldn't it? Mr. O'Brien is a businessman and not beholden to the tax payer.

I fund the HSE and work for an essential service, however that has zero to do with a billionaire doing the taxpayer a solid as a nice gesture.
    Pointing out the differences between the oft chastised HSE workers volunteering and the captains of industry aided in fleecing the tax payer by Fine Gael, once again.

Next time FG and their followers are bitching about the Irish, unions and nurses it'll be good to recall these times.

Jonny, care to back up your statement?

WTF is wrong with you, do you have reading comprehension issues:confused:

I stated exactly why it made much more sense in the post you replied to.
    I see no logic to restricting an employee with a company vehicle to have to use a specific fuelling station franchise, whether that be Apple Green, Circle K, Maxol or whatever.

Next up I'll show you examples of why giving an employee a company credit card makes more sense than giving them a one4all voucher.

Fuel card that can be used in many different filling stations v a fuel card that has to be used in a specific filling station.

Let me know what bit of it is confusing you.

Next up I'll show you examples of why giving an employee a company credit card makes more sense than giving them a one4all voucher.

Fuel card that can be used in many different filling stations v a fuel card that has to be used in a specific going station.

When they run out of road they favour roundabouts. Dinny does a good roundabout. Sure I'll give him a bell...

Bowie wrote: »
    A fail there horse.
    What has one to do with the other?
    Good effort at dodging the entire point to try derail.
    Would it not be a nice gesture? If I were a billionaire with private health facilities I would see it as my duty to help were I could. Not unlike the HSE staff volunteering their time.

What's complaining about asking that? If I made billions off the Irish tax payer and had access to my own medical facilities I'd offer them not fleece the tax payer aided by my pals in FG. Al's I'm saying is it would be nice wouldn't it? Mr. O'Brien is a businessman and not beholden to the tax payer.

I fund the HSE and work for an essential service, however that has zero to do with a billionaire doing the taxpayer a solid as a nice gesture.
    Pointing out the differences between the it chastised HSE workers volunteering and the captains of industry aided in fleecing the tax payer by Fine Gael, once again.

Took you long enough to come up with that response....:P

To be honest the Irish people are a shower of ungrateful......no matter what any company or person does they cry and complain. They begrudge anyone that does any better than them. Just look at all the SF people like yourself running around with glee because SF wanted to hit the people who have a decent job and earned a few quid.

I dont see anyone fleecing the taxpayer, I see a hospital trying to keep itself afloat and provide for all the people that are hired and need to earn wages from it.

I will add to the thread, for anyone sneering at any notion that Denis O'Brien would contemplate making any kind of a gesture towards the Irish people during a pandemic (seeing as he owns a hospital and all)

Did I imagine it, or was he all over the media a while ago helping to rebuild Haiti and other regions in the Carribbean after the national disasters a few of them experienced?

You'd imagine a token gesture of a returned favour of some sort is incoming here to the country that enabled his wealth, especially in the present times when we still have a party in govt (albeit in a caretaker capacity) that have consistently awarded him lucrative state contract's 2 which had to undergo enquiries, 1 of which is still not concluded, and undoubtedly a third one for the NBP will be in the post.

Denis O'Brien wouldn't give us the fingers - surely not?

Fuel card that can be used in many different filling stations v a fuel card that has to be used in a specific filling station.

Price!

You explained it very well with your example of the company credit card.

Is it so difficult to extrapolate that example to fuel cards?

It seems that you have done my work for me.

Thank you.

My DNS is not working in outer Mongolia so I can't open that:P

Took you long enough to come up with that response....:P

To be honest the Irish people are a shower of ungrateful......no matter what any company or person does they cry and complain. They begrudge anyone that does any better than them. Just look at all the SF people like yourself running around with glee because SF wanted to hit the people who have a decent job and earned a few quid.

I dont see anyone fleecing the taxpayer, I see a hospital trying to keep itself afloat and provide for all the people that are hired and need to earn wages from it.

You are really desperate now. How long I took? It wasnt much. I was away.
    You've still not addressed it. Be nice no?

It's cool I know FG don't like the Irish. It's not news.
    'Ungrateful'. That's the lord and master FG attitude alright. You should all be ran out of politics and forced to earn an honest living.
    Do you even realise that FG's whole job is putting the Irish people first? Hard to believe I know.
    That FG attitude disgusts me.

• Advertisement

Price!

You explained it very well with your example of the company credit card.

Is it so difficult to extrapolate that example to fuel cards?

It seems that you have done my work for me.

Thank you.

Price my back side, someone under the misconceptions that the likes of Apple Green or Circle K send fuel tankers to hauliers yards obviously doesn't know the difference in a bulls arse and a banjo and really shouldn't be getting into a discussion on something they know nothing of.

How do I know you may wonder?

And wonder you will.

Bowie wrote: »
    You are really desperate now. How long I took? It wasnt much. I was away.
    It's cool I know FG don't like the Irish. It's not news.
    'Ungrateful'. That's the lord and master FG attitude alright. You should all he ran out of politics and forced to earn an honest living.
    Do you even realise that FG's whole job is putting the Irish people first? Hard to believe I know.
    That FG attitude disgusts me.

Maybe if I say it again it might sink in. I am not a FG supporter. If you dont believe me check with Maria Bailey thread etc

I am just calling out a load of waffle when I see it......as normal on boards its start with vague personal attacks

With all due respect shed, you're equally out of your depth on this one, I mean who uses a leasing company's fuel account as a shining example of anything?

You do understand leasing company's lease you a vehicle, but the insurance and fuelling costs are covered by the client leasing the vehicle I assume?

Any vehicles I have leased, and I have leased quite a few have maybe a quarter of a tank in it when I initially got it, (when they're brand new) and the leasing company never set eyes on the van again until the lease was up, usually after 3 years or so. Sometimes they never seen it again at all, as whatever garage we would be getting them serviced in might be flipping them on to a third party from there.

Edit, either shefwedfan deleted his post where he claimed I had no idea what I was talking about, or the site is acting as flaky as hell tonight. But this post was in response to his.

With all due respect shed, you're equally out of your depth on this one, I mean who uses a leasing company's fuel account as a shining example of anything?

The question was why the government picked Topaz....as I posted they probably picked them because of coverage, using the lease company as an example as they have a large fleet
    You do understand leasing company's lease you a vehicle, but the insurance and fuelling costs are covered by the client leasing the vehicle I assume?

Wrong
    Any vehicles I have leased, and I have leased quite a few have maybe a quarter of a tank in it when I initially got it, (when they're brand new) and the leasing company never set eyes on the van until the lease was up, usually after 3 years or so. Sometimes they never seen it again at all, as whatever garage we would be getting them serviced in might be flipping them on to a third party from there.

Any lease I have got, tank is full, no idea what difference that makse

The company tracks it for the entire lease. Mileage/services/tires etc. Any accidents have to be reports, any breakdown reported direct to them etc etc etc....

One of the biggest margin a lease company makes is selling the car at the end.....

Price my back side, someone under the misconceptions that the likes of Apple Green or Circle K send fuel tankers to hauliers yards obviously doesn't know the difference in a bulls arse and a banjo and really shouldn't be getting into a discussion on something they know nothing of.

How do I know you may wonder?

And wonder you will.

I worked in the fuel industry in Ireland for more than 15 years.

We had many unmarked fuel trucks, and they even delivered to the opposition.

You seem to be making claims that you can’t back up.

Please back up your claims with proof.

FG will launch a new policy in the next week or so, and insist,, that every home in the state, receive a new SMART ESB meter.

Rumour has it that new ESB SMART meters will be linked to previously installed water meters,, and failure to pay either,will result in cessation of both services.

The tender for the installation of SMART meters will go live in weeks,, with final contracts will be signed soon.

A FG government spokesman when asked about the unused water meters, replied ..

""they haven't gone away you know""

https://www.facebook.com/100050118977815/videos/108753837471915/

The question was why the government picked Topaz....as I posted they probably picked them because of coverage, using the lease company as an example as they have a large fleet

Probably did, I'm not really arguing that point - this will be the third time I will be trying to make this point though.

It makes much more sense (practically) to go down the universal fuel card road, rather than be tied to a specific chain of filing stations.

There's obviously a sneaky suspicion why Topaz got the gig, but that'll never be proven and so not really worth arguing the toss over.

Bulk buying in the same manner as the likes of haulage companies do is much, much more cost effective way of managing fuel costs, but obviously as you say, it's not simple or practical for the guards to get their own pumps like a haulage yard.

Wrong

Any lease I have got, tank is full, no idea what difference that makse

The company tracks it for the entire lease. Mileage/services/tires etc. Any accidents have to be reports, any breakdown reported direct to them etc etc etc....

One of the biggest margin a lease company makes is selling the car at the end.....

We lease from Windsor in Parkwest, they literally do none of that (bar the accidental damage and breakdowns needing to be reported), we have roughly 3/4 of our vans tracked, but they're our trackers fitted at our expense.

Differen experiences I suppose.

FG will launch a new policy in the next week or so, and insist,, that every home in the state, receive a new SMART ESB meter.

Rumour has it that new ESB SMART meters will be linked to previously installed water meters,, and failure to pay either,will result in cessation of both services.

The tender for the installation of SMART meters will go live in weeks,, with final contracts will be signed soon.

A FG government spokesman when asked about the unused water meters, replied ..

""they haven't gone away you know""

https://www.facebook.com/100050118977815/videos/108753837471915/

Smart meter tender was out years ago. Tender is already awarded

It has already started to roll out....

ESB are actually behind other nations in terms of the rollout

• Advertisement

I worked in the fuel industry in Ireland for more than 15 years.

We had many unmarked fuel trucks, and they even delivered to the opposition.

You seem to be making claims that you can’t back up.

Please back up your claims with proof.

Can you back up you worked in a fuel company for 15 years?

Please do so with proof.

Otherwise, see below.

I used to sell crystal blue water which I personally had sucked up using my own mouth and a straw from the southern Atlantic to nomads in the deserts of Yemen.

The wife used to work in Chivers shaving the hairs of gooseberries so they could make gooseberry jam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement