Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Maybe if I say it again it might sink in. I am not a FG supporter. If you dont believe me check with Maria Bailey thread etc

I am just calling out a load of waffle when I see it......as normal on boards its start with vague personal attacks

I'm commenting on your comments and I likened them to the FG. I don't care who you claim to support, I'm responding to your comments. Similarly to how you call me SF for your own reasoning.
    I said it would be nice if people who made billions off the Irish tax payer with medical facilities and equipment might have offered their services during a global pandemic rather than fleecing us aided and abetted by Fine Gael. You took issue with that and went on to say the Irish are ungrateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    Can you back up you worked in a fuel company for 15 years?

Please do so with proof.

Otherwise, see below.

I used to sell crystal blue water which I personally had sucked up using my own mouth and a straw from the southern Atlantic to nomads in the deserts of Yemen.

The wife used to work in Chivers shaving the hairs of gooseberries so they could make gooseberry jam.

I am a self employed professional, I pay tax, quite a lot of it, might I add.

Can you back up your claim that that you are a self employed professional, what work you do and exactly how much tax you pay.

Please do so with proof of the profession, your qualifications, and how much tax you pay.

This is information that you have volunteered, therefore you need to back it up.

I actually don’t give a ****, but apparently these are your rules.

Why can't people be accountable for their own actions?

We have very high alcohal pricing and people still drink too much. Sometimes it's on people and society to change.

This is the surreal attitude of the FG'er. Somehow public representatives, funded by the tax payer are separate from people and society. Such people have no business being in any public office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Bowie wrote: »
    This is the surreal attitude of the FG'er. Somehow public representatives, funded by the tax payer are separate from people and society. Such people have no business being in any public office.

Would you lock up the people who vote for them then? Because that's how they got there
    Intern them maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

atticu wrote: »
    Can you back up your claim that that you are a self employed professional, what work you do and exactly how much tax you pay.

Please do so with proof of the profession, your qualifications, and how much tax you pay.

This is information that you have volunteered, therefore you need to back it up.

I see we have moved on from me "contradicting myself" to you just short of asking for ID and a bank statement or a tax clearance cert.

Weird.
    I actually don’t give a ****,
    Don't lie, you quite obviously do give a ****, :D as I said earlier you have developed a bit of an auld infatuation of my posts, yeah I'm flattered and all but happily married - sorry about that.
    but apparently these are your rules.

What rules would these be? Please share.

How do you think you might be coming across to ordinary Joe soaps looking on btw?

Not a good look tbh. Bit incoherent and prone to rambling.

Tut tut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What are you talking about?

are you trying to say politicians should be responsible for adults actions? So they should have the ability to stop adults buying alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ah here, you really are taking the biscuit now, blaming Simon and Leo for the idea that Irish people drink too much.

Your posts bear no relationship to reality.

I see we have moved on from me "contradicting myself" to you just short of asking for ID and a bank statement or a tax clearance cert.

Weird.

Don't lie, you quite obviously do give a ****, :D as I said earlier you have developed a bit of an auld infatuation of my posts, yeah I'm flattered and all but happily married - sorry about that.

What rules would these be? Please share.

How do you think you might be coming across to ordinary Joe soaps looking on btw?

Not a good look tbh. Bit incoherent and prone to rambling.

Tut tut.

It’s a fair point, you asked for proof that someone worked for years in the fuel industry while elsewhere you said that you were a self-employed professional paying loads of tax.

I don’t believe the latter so where is your proof. Sauce for the geese and all that.

blanch152 wrote: »
    It’s a fair point, you asked for proof that someone worked for years in the fuel industry while elsewhere you said that you were a self-employed professional paying loads of tax.

I don’t believe the latter so where is your proof. Sauce for the geese and all that.

Blanch, I know you can be slow on the uptake sometimes, but what I actually did was copy something from the same poster
    atticu wrote: »
    I worked in the fuel industry in Ireland for more than 15 years.

We had many unmarked fuel trucks, and they even delivered to the opposition.

You seem to be making claims that you can’t back up.

Please back up your claims with proof.

Oh and in case it has flown over both your own - and my newest member of my fanclubs head, although as previously mentioned you might not be that great on the uptake, I would have thought following up with the (I assumed satire)
    Otherwise, see below.

I used to sell crystal blue water which I personally had sucked up using my own mouth and a straw from the southern Atlantic to nomads in the deserts of Yemen.

The wife used to work in Chivers shaving the hairs of gooseberries so they could make gooseberry jam.
    would have made the satire obvious.

Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Seem FG have had a bad week. Same problem as always to much spin and too many empty promises.

On thursday Leo claimed there was no evidence of more deaths in nursing homes after it was announced two residents had died in a Portlaoise nursing home
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/varadkar-no-evidence-of-more-covid-19-related-deaths-in-private-nursing-homes-994498.html

12 hours later it is announced that 10 residents died in the last couple of weeks at St Mary's in 'Dublin
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/11-covid-19-related-deaths-at-dublin-care-home-for-elderly-in-past-two-weeks-994551.html

Earlier this week Simon Harris said nursing homes were now his number one priority.
    Simon Harris says the health service is doing "relatively well" when it comes to getting PPE for healthcare workers.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/blatant-discrimination-nursing-homes-ireland-blast-harris-saying-ppe-being-rationed-994800.html

Yet today the CEO of Nursing Homes Ireland says they are simply not getting enough PPE.
    Equally as bad the PPE that nursing homes do get is not funded by the government but instead paid for by the nursing homes, despite the fact that elderly resident with Covid-19 are not being admitted to ICU's but instead dying in nursing homes.
    You might accept the justification for not tying up ICU beds for those that are unlikely to benefit from them, but to expect nursing home staff to be in direct contact with people with Covid-19 and not have sufficient PPE is disgraceful
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/blatant-discrimination-nursing-homes-ireland-blast-harris-saying-ppe-being-rationed-994800.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This is a strange attitude. It feels like you want to live in a society where either we have no free will or can blame all ills on society on the big bad government.People can make choices, some good some bad. You help people make the right choices but you can't force them.

Most people don't go out, get black out drunk and end up in A&E because there is an FG government. The problem with drink is a problem I can't see any government changing, they can help, but it will take decades, it's a culture thing. There is an Irish acceptance of it for the most part.

As for the above post that is grade A bull**** putting words in my mouth and twisting things to suit your boring narrative but that's standard. This is the attitude of the online expert, throw stones with unconnected comments to attempt a narrative while offering no solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/health/how-alcohol-accounts-for-25pc-of-our-food-spend-39137502.html?__twitter_impression=true

FG never tackled the alcohol problem.

No wonder our health service is so bad. Full of people with alcohol related illness.

25% of the average household bill is alcohol and people wonder why poverty is such a problem.

What about personal responsibility? Cop yourself on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Most people don't go out, get black out drunk and end up in A&E because there is an FG government. The problem with drink is a problem I can't see any government changing, they can help, but it will take decades, it's a culture thing. There is an Irish acceptance of it for the most part.

Alcoholism is a psychological problem, and our mental health services are not adequate to deal with it

efanton wrote: »
    Seem FG have had a bad week. Same problem as always to much spin and too many empty promises.

On thursday Leo claimed there was no evidence of more deaths in nursing homes after it was announced two residents had died in a Portlaoise nursing home
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/varadkar-no-evidence-of-more-covid-19-related-deaths-in-private-nursing-homes-994498.html

12 hours later it is announced that 10 residents died in the last couple of weeks at St Mary's in 'Dublin
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/11-covid-19-related-deaths-at-dublin-care-home-for-elderly-in-past-two-weeks-994551.html

Earlier this week Simon Harris said nursing homes were now his number one priority.

Yet today the CEO of Nursing Homes Ireland says they are simply not getting enough PPE.
    Equally as bad the PPE that nursing homes do get is not funded by the government but instead paid for by the nursing homes, despite the fact that elderly resident with Covid-19 are not being admitted to ICU's but instead dying in nursing homes.
    You might accept the justification for not tying up ICU beds for those that are unlikely to benefit from them, but to expect nursing home staff to be in direct contact with people with Covid-19 and not have sufficient PPE is disgraceful

Quite possibly the most disingenuous post of the year.

The way you abbreviated Varadkar’s statement was quite something, brazen misrepresentation reaches a new low.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/health/how-alcohol-accounts-for-25pc-of-our-food-spend-39137502.html?__twitter_impression=true

FG never tackled the alcohol problem.

No wonder our health service is so bad. Full of people with alcohol related illness.

25% of the average household bill is alcohol and people wonder why poverty is such a problem.

What about personal responsibility? Does one buy a nice Sauvignon Blanc, a slab of cheap cider, the makings of a hearty stew or will we wait until the government tells us?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Quite possibly the most disingenuous post of the year.

The way you abbreviated Varadkar’s statement was quite something, brazen misrepresentation reaches a new low.

Aye,these threads bring out the worst in the desperate haters
    It's not healthy

Regarding PPE,theres a world wide shortage
    Do eejits banging on that its politicians fault some nursing homes don't have them not realise this or deliberately misinform?
    Where do they think the PPE is?
    Do they want to take it off the hospitals?

Andrew Marr was grilling Michael Gove on BBC just now about the PPE sent to Wuhan back in February when the virus first raised its ugly head. Gove said that it wasn’t from their pandemic stock. So, governments do have emergency stocks, but no one could ever have imagined the scale of the pandemic.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Would you lock up the people who vote for them then? Because that's how they got there
    Intern them maybe

Careful, it's FG talking about sections of the electorate as supporting bullying and fear for voting elsewhere. FG are the nasty ones here.

Would you have public representatives elected by the public, paid and funded by the public take a hands off approach on social issues? That's the sentiment. Anything troublesome or negative is for society to sort out amongst itself or societies own fault going by FG logic.
    That goes for housing, homelessness, health too.
    Individuals can only act within the criteria set by their representatives.

It must be a grand old thing for FG to concentrate on making money for private concerns, even during a pandemic all the while whinging and complaining anytime the people who fund them and pay their wages had an issue with the way they are doing business. FG need a more severe kick up the hole.

Would you have public representatives elected by the public, paid and funded by the public take a hands off approach on social issues? That's the sentiment. Anything troublesome or negative is for society to sort out amongst itself or societies own fault going by FG logic.

It must be a grand old thing for FG to concentrate on making money for private concerns, even during a pandemic all the while whinging and complaining anytime the people who fund them and pay their wages had an issue with the way they are doing business. FG need a more severe kick up the hole.

I swear this is true, I witnessed it with my own eyes this very morning.

A poster on another thread has been crowing "that the last thing the country needs right now is left wing governance"

They said that in full knowledge of FG nationalising the private hospitals, and introducing fairly generous social welfare payments to those affected by the virus.

Seems fairly left wing to me, and credit to fg where it's due, a reasonable response to the unprecedented pandemic.

Slow clap for the severe lack of irony on display though.

**Facepalm**

We do not live in cuba or Iran or north Korea
    If representatives are democratically elected,they are entitled to lobby for what they were voted in for
    If you do not like that
    Tough Titty

Usually governments are compromises in Ireland of various interests where no one gets 100% or 40% even of what they want
    Last majority government was 1977

• Advertisement

I swear this is true, I witnessed it with my own eyes this very morning.

A poster on another thread has been crowing "that the last thing the country needs right now is left wing governance"

They said that in full knowledge of FG nationalising the private hospitals, and introducing fairly generous social welfare payments to those affected by the virus.

Seems fairly left wing to me, and credit to fg where it's due, a reasonable response to the unprecedented pandemic.

Slow clap for the severe lack of irony on display though.

**Facepalm**

The Tories have done more in the UK
    It's a pandemic crisis response
    Stop thinking it's a policy change or that its sustainabie
    Its neither

The Tories have done more in the UK
    It's a pandemic crisis response
    Stop thinking it's a policy change or that its sustainabie
    Its neither

Oh I'm not thinking either - I'm just pointing out how just like nationalising private debt post banking crisis, the irony is lost on some.

Oh I'm not thinking either - I'm just pointing out how just like nationalising private debt post banking crisis, the irony is lost on some.

That only applies if the state kept nationalising debt after the banking crisis
    They haven't
    Ditto coronovirus measures nationalising pay cheques will also end
    No Irony

That only applies if the state kept nationalising debt after the banking crisis
    They haven't
    Ditto coronovirus measures nationalising pay cheques will also end
    No Irony

I will add on that I have seen many posters over the years on here screaming about the over generous welfare system in place here, some of them even suggesting the dole should be replaced by food stamps or vouchers.

Some of these exact same posters have been online complaining about the 350€ payment nof being enough, questioning how the govt expect them to live on it.

It's all well and good until they need to avail of it themselves tbh.

I stand over it - irony.

I will add on that I have seen many posters over the years on here screaming about the over generous welfare system in place here, some of them even suggesting the dole should be replaced by food stamps or vouchers.

Some of these exact same posters have been online complaining about the 350€ payment nof being enough, questioning how the govt expect them to live on it.

I stand over it - irony.

Asking for stronger crisis measures and giving out about over generous pre crisis welfare is comparing apples and oranges
    They are not the same thing
    One is permanent, one is a temporary crisis response
    Same question then as in my previous post
    Where is the irony when they are not the same thing?

Asking for stronger crisis measures and giving out about over generous pre crisis welfare is comparing apples and oranges
    They are not the same thing
    One is permanent, one is a temporary crisis response
    Same question then as in my previous post
    Where is the irony when they are not the same thing?

I believe I have answered this already on the other thread, and don't see any point having the same toing and froing on different threads, so will park it here in this one.

I believe I have answered this already on the other thread, and don't see any point having the same toing and froing on different threads, so will park it here in this one.

You didn't answer it there though because you couldn't
    Its impossible to compare apples and oranges as if they are the same like you were trying to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Careful, it's FG talking about sections of the electorate as supporting bullying and fear for voting elsewhere. FG are the nasty ones here.

Who has come up with policies to tackle drink culture here that you do agree with? Who’s said they’ll do something about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Simon not being let away with what seems to be a fairly blatant lie.

https://twitter.com/kenfoxe/status/1251838305605423104/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I stand over it - irony.

Difference is these people want to work and as soon as this crisis is over they will be back in work

While the waster on the socail will be on it now, tomorrow and in 12 months time.

Also it is worth nothing, the big plan by SF is just to create a bigger shower of waster to sit on the social, while the people that go out and work pay for them. So if your working you will end up paying more and more to keep the waster sitting at home.

Lets see how happy you are then!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement