Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Difference is these people want to work and as soon as this crisis is over they will be back in work

While the waster on the socail will be on it now, tomorrow and in 12 months time.

Also it is worth nothing, the big plan by SF is just to create a bigger shower of waster to sit on the social, while the people that go out and work pay for them. So if your working you will end up paying more and more to keep the waster sitting at home.

Lets see how happy you are then!!!

What makes you think I'm happy about either? I just dont get the need to post in multiple threads about dole heads and wasters etc, and how the dole is too high here.

I was one of the first to criticise Leo for promising to look after the man who got up early in the morning, and then giving the lad on the scratcher a bigger pay increase than most workers got.

Incidentally - I'd be firmly in the camp of linking dole payments to what you have contributed over the years via taxes, the more you put in, the more you get out, and make it next to near impossible to make a career out of it.

Dole should be like a form of income protection insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    What makes you think I'm happy about either? I just dont get the need to post in multiple threads about dole heads and wasters etc, and how the dole is too high here.

I was one of the first to criticise Leo for promising to look after the man who got up early in the morning, and then giving the lad on the scratcher a bigger pay increase than most workers got.

Incidentally - I'd be firmly in the camp of linking dole payments to what you have contributed over the years via taxes, the more you put in, the more you get out, and make it next to near impossible to make a career out of it.

Dole should be like a form of income protection insurance.

I agree, it’s too handy for people to roll out from school and straight onto the dole and spent their life on it....

Unfortunately whatever chance we have with FF or FG doing anything out it we have zero chance with SF who will protect those people as they make up the core voters for them

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I believe I have answered this already on the other thread, and don't see any point having the same toing and froing on different threads, so will park it here in this one.

You ran away from the other thread when you were called out on your inability to understand the difference between temporary and permanent.

Nobody buys your failure to know the difference.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You ran away from the other thread when you were called out on your inability to understand the difference between temporary and permanent.

Nobody buys your failure to know the difference.

Called out in your head - the poster that initially made the claim was acting the asshat and they got called out.

You were letting the devil's buttermilk cloud your judgement again in the wee hours by the looks of things lol152

I can't understand Simon Harris at the minute, in one breath he is telling us that pubs may be shut indefinitely (until a vaccine can be found)

In the next breath he's considering letting the kids return to school.

Has some new data emerged that kids won't be spreading it coming back from schools, but pub goers are notorious for harbouring and spreading the virus amongst themselves and others?

I'm not having a dig at Harris before the FG lads set the attack hounds on me, but I genuinely don't get the methodology here.

If it's deemed safe for kids to return to school then great, that's one less problem for my wife and I to contend with (as both our jobs are carrying on regardless) but I honestly can't see how they will justify pubs and restaurants remaining closed.

Discuss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Price my back side, someone under the misconceptions that the likes of Apple Green or Circle K send fuel tankers to hauliers yards obviously doesn't know the difference in a bulls arse and a banjo and really shouldn't be getting into a discussion on something they know nothing of.

How do I know you may wonder?

And wonder you will.

So, you don’t believe that people make choices based on price.

Do you understand the government tender process, or do you think that this process ignores price?

atticu wrote: »
    So, you don’t believe that people make choices based on price.

Do you understand the government tender process, or do you think that this process ignores price?

Hello again.

I see you ignored the question where you made a complete clusterfcuk of what you deemed to be a contradiction and are now rewinding back on the questions.

I have more important ways of spending my time - the belly button needs defluffed for example.

Get up the yard please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

I think fg would have been better off not going into government this time.
    They have gone for a massive spending policy with ff apparently.
    I think they would have been better off letting the others bankrupt the place again and the electorate would flock back to them next time round. Instead they are just another magic money tree party now as one journo put it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

I think nursing homes were thrown under the bus the last few weeks and now it looks like pubs, restaurants, cafes etc are going to be thrown under the bus for the foreseeable.
    The economic cost will be enormous if so, can we actually afford to close all these for, eg, 6 months? I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Hello again.

I see you ignored the question where you made a complete clusterfcuk of what you deemed to be a contradiction and are now rewinding back on the questions.

I have more important ways of spending my time - the belly button needs defluffed for example.

Get up the yard please.

I can’t teach you basic comprehension skills as I am not a teacher.

You very clearly contradict your self.

But, let’s not get involved with logic and reason.

So I will leave you to your little fantasy world where you believe strange things.
    I fully expect you to try and convince me that the earth is flat next.

Enjoy arguing with yourself.

• Advertisement

I can't understand Simon Harris at the minute, in one breath he is telling us that pubs may be shut indefinitely (until a vaccine can be found)

In the next breath he's considering letting the kids return to school.

Has some new data emerged that kids won't be spreading it coming back from schools, but pub goers are notorious for harbouring and spreading the virus amongst themselves and others?

I'm not having a dig at Harris before the FG lads set the attack hounds on me, but I genuinely don't get the methodology here.

If it's deemed safe for kids to return to school then great, that's one less problem for my wife and I to contend with (as both our jobs are carrying on regardless) but I honestly can't see how they will justify pubs and restaurants remaining closed.

Discuss

I can pretty easily understand how you can impose social distancing in a Leaving Cert school situation but not in a pub in Temple Bar full of drunks. Surprised that you can’t.

atticu wrote: »
    I can’t teach you basic comprehension skills as I am not a teacher.

You very clearly contradict your self.

But, let’s not get involved with logic and reason.

So I will leave you to your little fantasy world where you believe strange things.
    I fully expect you to try and convince me that the earth is flat next.

Enjoy arguing with yourself.

Let's go back to how I advocate for people not to disclose their professional lives and how the site offers complete anonymity, you come along and tell me you're an ex employee of a fuel company (try to keep in mind that no one ever asked you to volunteer this information to anyone else) and then scream something about contradictions and breaking rules - both of which you have failed to clarify when asked repeatedly.

Now you're on here accusing me of having a lack of comprehension?

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. When you clarify I'll engage you again, otherwise you might as well start posting pictures of cats in the thread, as I'll be ignoring both, time sink and irrelevant.

Still flattered though.

I can pretty easily understand how you can impose social distancing in a Leaving Cert school situation but not in a pub in Temple Bar full of drunks. Surprised that you can’t.

They can't get teenagers to adhere to social distancing guidelines as it is, I don't see how they're going to accomplish these in already stuffed classrooms.

You don't have to defend everything they propose blanch, you know that don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Called out in your head - the poster that initially made the claim was acting the asshat and they got called out.

You were letting the devil's buttermilk cloud your judgement again in the wee hours by the looks of things lol152

Are you still going on about that?

Come back when Ireland actually has a left wing government and it solves all of the country's problems like shinners seem to think it will.

They can't get teenagers to adhere to social distancing guidelines as it is, I don't see how they're going to accomplish these in already stuffed classrooms.

You don't have to defend everything they propose blanch, you know that don't you?

I was talking to teacher, they are looking at all sorts

Bringing in half the class in morning and half in afternoon. I don't think that would work. In reality a school will be the most difficult to get people to adhere to distancing,....kids don't give a s**t

Some of my teacher friends said it could be closer to Christmas before they are back in full force

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm sure it isn't any different here to the rest of the country but the demographic who have sought to flout social distancing rules here are in the teenage range...those doing their Leaving Certs...traditionally deluded to think that they are immortal (i was one myself)

Apart from that, it's the vagueness of these pronouncements that must rankle with anyone trying to run a business. 'Might' and indeterminate time frames are not what they need to hear.

I have to say of all of them listening to Simon cannot be done anymore in this house. His nightly 'under siege Wartime Minister, 'look at me' filmed tweets are just cringe filled 'like mining' embarrassments at this stage.

Some clear and precise information now that we are considering a return to normality would be good.

This is why you don't have a clue.

Schools will be asked to provide Leaving Cert classes in situations where you can impose social distancing e.g. gyms, halls etc.

Simple enough to understand once you think about it for a while.

Look at the Leaving Cert itself. They have cancelled the Junior Cert to provide more exam centres so that students can be spaced out. That won't be the only measure.

There are things that you can do and impose in schools that you can't in pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

You must have went to a rough school...
    Plenty floor space to move desks in the schools hereabouts
    Ignore instructions and its detention

I'm sure it isn't any different here to the rest of the country but the demographic who have sought to flout social distancing rules here are in the teenage range...those doing their Leaving Certs...traditionally deluded to think that they are immortal (i was one myself)

Apart from that, it's the vagueness of these pronouncements that must rankle with anyone trying to run a business. 'Might' and indeterminate time frames are not what they need to hear.

I have to say of all of them listening to Simon cannot be done anymore in this house. His nightly 'under siege Wartime Minister, 'look at me' filmed tweets are just cringe filled 'like mining' embarrassments at this stage.

Some clear and precise information now that we are considering a return to normality would be good.

Are we returning to normality? anythign I have seen would suggest come May whatever this will be pushed out for another two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

How can he give clear and precise information about considering a return to normality? Nobody in the world knows how to return to normality safely without a vaccine or way of treating covid19.
    Would you like him to be more like Donald Trump or something?

• Advertisement

Are we returning to normality? anythign I have seen would suggest come May whatever this will be pushed out for another two weeks

Well if government don't seem to know and make vague pronouncements how would you expect me or anyone else for that matter to know?

If they can only move forward in increments that is understandable, but they need to say that clearly.
    Dangling the notion that some sectors 'might' have to wait on a vaccine is help to no-one.

aido79 wrote: »
    How can he give clear and precise information about considering a return to normality? Nobody in the world knows how to return to normality safely without a vaccine or way of treating covid19.
    Would you like him to be more like Donald Trump or something?

Well bloody say that...'We don't know' 'standby', 'we are still considering the data'...don't come on the airwaves with scary attention seeking pronouncements like 'pubs might have to wait for a vaccine'.

It helps no-one.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You must have went to a rough school...
    Plenty floor space to move desks in the schools hereabouts
    Ignore instructions and its detention

No I went to a fairly small school in rural Ireland, six in my class, 4 girls and 2 boys. I have a female friend who now teaches in that same school, numbers aren't much different nowadays think she said there's now 40 odd in the whole school.

Secondary was a different story though, that involved taking a bus to the large town where there was 30 something of us in s class.

Similar tale to where my kids now go, the school even had a sign displayed up until very recently informing residents of the locality that the school was full, and wasn't accepting new enrolments. There was even an appeal lodged with ABP to prevent a new housing dev, the main reason for the objection was the lack of space in the local school.

So, I don't see how it's realistically possible to safely space the children apart, and enforce social distancing in an already jam packed school. I'm sure keeping the kids apart both in the classrooms the yard and the commute to and from is going to be an absolute cake walk for the teachers.

Well if government don't seem to know and make vague pronouncements how would you expect me or anyone else for that matter to know?

If they can only move forward in increments that is understandable, but they need to say that clearly.
    Dangling the notion that some sectors 'might' have to wait on a vaccine is help to no-one.

To be honest what do you expect

Imagine they came out and said "well done lads its all looking well we will be back to normal in two weeks". I can bet you the roads/beechs/parks etc would be full of plonkers again

Also if they say something and then two days later have to back out of it they would be hammered.

Have you watched any of the announcements from UK or US? how do you think they compare?

No I went to a fairly small school in rural Ireland, six in my class, 4 girls and 2 boys. I have a female friend who now teaches in that same school, numbers aren't much different nowadays think she said there's now 40 odd in the whole school.

Secondary was a different story though, that involved taking a bus to the large town where there was 30 something of us in s class.

Similar tale to where my kids now go, the school even had a sign displayed up until very recently informing residents of the locality that the school was full, and wasn't accepting new enrolments. There was even an appeal lodged with ABP to prevent a new housing dev, the main reason for the objection was the lack of space in the local school.

So, I don't see how it's realistically possible to safely space the children apart, and enforce social distancing in an already jam packed school. I'm sure keeping the kids apart both in the classrooms the yard and the commute to and from is going to be an absolute cake walk for the teachers.

Nobody seems to have considered how these children will get to and from the schools...are they going to be supervised there and back?
    It's a recipe for disaster in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

enricoh wrote: »
    I think fg would have been better off not going into government this time.
    They have gone for a massive spending policy with ff apparently.
    I think they would have been better off letting the others bankrupt the place again and the electorate would flock back to them next time round. Instead they are just another magic money tree party now as one journo put it yesterday.

Possibly true, but they have increased spending by 13 billion a year over the last few years, can you tell?

Nobody seems to have considered how these children will get to and from the schools...are they going to be supervised there and back?

Simon will hopefully clarify in the coming days, certainly doesn't seem like any kind of a reality from my eyes anyway, not in my own kids school.

So whats your plan?

To be honest what do you expect

Imagine they came out and said "well done lads its all looking well we will be back to normal in two weeks". I can bet you the roads/beechs/parks etc would be full of plonkers again

Also if they say something and then two days later have to back out of it they would be hammered.

Have you watched any of the announcements from UK or US? how do you think they compare?

I expect clarity...and where there cannot be any clarity, then say that..'we don't know yet, we will make an announcement when we know'.

Why would I need to 'compare'? Is there nothing in this world you cannot assess on it's own merits?
    Is there always a 'look over there at themuns' default deflection?

• Advertisement

So whats your plan?

I don't have one because I am not the one vested with the responsibility and the expert advise to come up with a plan...so I won't dangle vague un-informed attention seeking soundbites in front of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement