Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I expect clarity...and where there cannot be any clarity, then say that..'we don't know yet, we will make an announcement when we know'.

Why would I need to 'compare'? Is there nothing in this world you cannot assess on it's own merits?
    Is there always a 'look over there at themuns' default deflection?

Why would they give you clarity?

What exactly would you do with it?

Dont you live up the North? that what you said before, would you not be listening to the UK government????????

I know my parents live on the border and they listen to both announcements to make sure they are up to speed on UK and Irelnad

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    No I went to a fairly small school in rural Ireland, six in my class, 4 girls and 2 boys. I have a female friend who now teaches in that same school, numbers aren't much different nowadays think she said there's now 40 odd in the whole school.

Secondary was a different story though, that involved taking a bus to the large town where there was 30 something of us in s class.

Similar tale to where my kids now go, the school even had a sign displayed up until very recently informing residents of the locality that the school was full, and wasn't accepting new enrolments. There was even an appeal lodged with ABP to prevent a new housing dev, the main reason for the objection was the lack of space in the local school.

So, I don't see how it's realistically possible to safely space the children apart, and enforce social distancing in an already jam packed school. I'm sure keeping the kids apart both in the classrooms the yard and the commute to and from is going to be an absolute cake walk for the teachers.

For a start, there will only be Leaving Cert classes back at first, as explained to you already. The kids will be spaced out and there will be appropriate procedures around social distancing.

Primary schools may be back in late June on a phased basis for short periods of time to give kids a taste of school then.

If the initial phased and limited attempts don't work, they will be halted. All very easy to understand.

All things that you can't do in pubs with drunken fools.

Your position ends up as the average Leaving Certificate student being no different to the drunken 30-year-old yob with ten pints in him on a Saturday night in Temple Bar.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

What exactly would you do with it?

Because he is entitled to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So, at least you agree they haven't given 'clarity'. That'll do. Other than that I'll pass on going down your weird rabbit hole on this occaision.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    For a start, there will only be Leaving Cert classes back at first, as explained to you already. The kids will be spaced out and there will be appropriate procedures around social distancing.

Primary schools may be back in late June on a phased basis for short periods of time to give kids a taste of school then.

If the initial phased and limited attempts don't work, they will be halted. All very easy to understand.

Your position ends up as the average Leaving Certificate student being no different to the drunken 30-year-old yob with ten pints in him on a Saturday night in Temple Bar.

Where are you getting this information from and why isn't it being made public?

It might well be easy to understand, but you would need to have that information at hand first off no?

• Advertisement

Where are you getting this information from and why isn't it being made public?

It might well be easy to understand, but you would need to have that information at hand first off no?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0419/1132468-children-return-school/

"Dr Cillian de Gascún, the head of the National Virus Reference Laboratory and chair of the expert advisory group on the coronavirus, said the idea of schooling one day a week would allow students to return to some sort of normality without mass gatherings.

This would also allow for physical distancing.

"We are conscious that sixth year students are trying to prepare for the Leaving Cert in very difficult circumstances. Rather than trying to bring everyone back, we might look at that group and see if we can do something for them.""

There was a more detailed report somewhere else about it, but can't find that at the moment.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0419/1132468-children-return-school/

"Dr Cillian de Gascún, the head of the National Virus Reference Laboratory and chair of the expert advisory group on the coronavirus, said the idea of schooling one day a week would allow students to return to some sort of normality without mass gatherings.

This would also allow for physical distancing.

"We are conscious that sixth year students are trying to prepare for the Leaving Cert in very difficult circumstances. Rather than trying to bring everyone back, we might look at that group and see if we can do something for them.""

There was a more detailed report somewhere else about it, but can't find that at the moment.

That doesn't sound anything like you were saying, severe lack of clarity and very vague.

I will welcome some actual clarify and detailed plan of how they're going to try and implement it, maybe they will open the schools five days a week, but only certain classes attend on certain days, but there's no point you proclaiming things are really easy to understand, and then go on to make up hypothetical scenarios and put your own twist on things.

**Shrugs*"

That doesn't sound anything like you were saying, severe lack of clarity and very vague.

I will welcome some actual clarify and detailed plan of how they're going to try and implement it, maybe they will open the schools five days a week, but only certain classes attend on certain days, but there's no point you proclaiming things are really easy to understand, and then go on to make up hypothetical scenarios and put your own twist on things.

**Shrugs*"

Teaching Union reps on SoR (RTE) now. What do you know...no discussion with government or NPHET on re-opening.

Because he is entitled to it.

He lives in the North.....woukld the UK government not be providing clarity?

**Shrugs*"

My original point was that it was very easy to envisage how they might do it, in contrast to how pubs might work. You couldn't see the difference.

• Advertisement

So, at least you agree they haven't given 'clarity'. That'll do. Other than that I'll pass on going down your weird rabbit hole on this occaision.

In other words, going down a line of ocnversation which menas you cant complain about FG??

Does it not get repetitive? tell me what has SF done so far since this crisis?

I don't.

Well, the SF government in the North has only today managed to get around to defining essential workers, about a month after the lockdown started. I guess he'll be waiting so.

In other words, going down a line of ocnversation which menas you cant complain about FG??

I'll refer you the the thread title.

If you would prefer a FG are great thread, find one or open one?

Well, the SF government in the North has only today managed to get around to defining essential workers, about a month after the lockdown started. I guess he'll be waiting so.

There is no 'SF government' in the north...you should know this by now.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0420/1132604-northern-ireland/

They have managed to get a list together of essential workers for the lockdown, just as we are beginning to consider lifting restrictions.

There is no 'SF government' in the north...you should know this by now.

SF/DUP coalition government?

SF/DUP coalition government?

Now you are getting it. Keep it up...good to see people find things out by themselves. Investigagte the veracity of the 'coalition' bit. You may need to look at the 'specialness' of the arrangement there.

Now you are getting it. Keep it up...good to see people find things out by themselves. Investigagte the veracity of the 'coalition' bit. You may need to look at the 'specialness' of the arrangement there.

What the Irish government does or doesn't do has no relevance to you. So I have no idea why you want clarity off them?

You live in a different country. You might as well complain about Outer Mongoalia and what their government is doing.

If you want more clarity, ring up SF

What the Irish government does or doesn't do has no relevance to you. So I have no idea why you want clarity off them?

You live in a different country. You might as well complain about Outer Mongoalia and what their government is doing.

If you want more clarity, ring up SF

He told you literally minutes ago he did not.
    I don't.

:confused:

• Advertisement

You live in a different country.

You don't do clarity do you?

I don't live in a different country.

Has our government said anything on this yet?

Can we expect any 'clarity' on that?

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-companies-tax-havens-banned-denmark-poland-bailout-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-companies-tax-havens-banned-denmark-poland-bailout-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

I don't know, some governments have only got around to defining essential workers a full month after the lockdown started.

We can wait until the SF/DUP government addresses this and we can copy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

are there specific companies you are concerned with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The only problem I see is arising from the nature of kids themselves. They're surprisingly like drunks at times, especially in groups. I think a big danger will be kids passing on the virus to parents.

He told you literally minutes ago he did not.

:confused:

If I could be bothered searching he already admitted when it suited that he lived in North, now when called out he suddenly doesn't....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Monaghan in the North now according to some on here.

You don't do clarity do you?

I don't live in a different country.

Just another change to suit your posting....

Like a few on here depending on what day of the week it is and the wind blowing it changes to suit.....issues is some people have very very good memories!!!

The 3 posters on here, all SF fans, all constantly tripping themselves up because they cant remember what you posted on a previous thread

Really you should get your story straight

It is a pity we couldnt put a sticky post at the top with XYZ: SF agenda.....might save new posters coming in and having to listen to it all again befoire they realize

I don't.

Like a few on here depending on what day of the week it is and the wind blowing it changes to suit.....issues is some people have very very good memories!!!

The 3 posters on here, all SF fans, all constantly tripping themselves up because they cant remember what you posted on a previous thread

It is a pity we couldnt put a sticky post at the top with XYZ: SF agenda.....might save new posters coming in and having to listen to it all again befoire they realize

This could be put to bed right this minute quite easily imo, if the poster has ever said they live in the north in any other thread you should just quote him.

Easily enough done I would have thought.

• Advertisement

What are you on about?

I'll remind you of two things:

I don't live in a 'different country'.

This is a thread about FG.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement