Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    This could be put to bed right this minute quite easily imo, if the poster has ever said they live in the north in any other thread you should just quote him.

Easily enough done I would have thought.

The person has 30,000 posts....they are on boards 24 x 7, 7 days a week. From what i can see the majority are on this forum.

It would be a needle in a hay stack trying to find the post.

He made reference to living in Lisnaskea. Last time I checked, Lisnaskea is in Fermanagh which is in the North of Ireland. I expect some story now to say why that's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The person has 30,000 posts....they are on boards 24 x 7, 7 days a week. From what i can see the majority are on this forum.

It would be a needle in a hay stack trying to find the post.

He made reference to living in Lisnaskea. Last time I checked, Lisnaskea is in Fermanagh which is in the North of Ireland. I expect some story now to say why that's not true.

I don't know if they did or didn't, and without the quote neither do you, I do know though that as long as I've seen this poster on theses threads, he has stated probably hundreds of times that he lives in county Monaghan, if I recal correctly it straddles the border in several places.

Monaghan is in the Republic of Ireland.

Edit. Visiting lisnaskea isn't the same as living in it. I visited Alvor in Feb, but I don't live there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113087921&postcount=6927

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It wasn't about visiting....

Funny how Francie didn't respond and you did?

Francie is responding now, because despite your many ridiculous notions, I am not on here 24/7.

Find the post where I said I lived in northern Ireland or simply withdraw what you are going to some lengths now to continue to lie about.

One of Simon's appointees resigning isn't a great sign.

Dr Marcus de Brun has described the management of the crisis as "the biggest political blunders in the history of the Irish State".

No doubt another long running tribunal in the offing. They seem to have gotten the entire nursing home strategy wrong.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/prominent-doctor-appointed-by-simon-harris-to-medical-board-resigns-over-coronavirus-crisis-in-nursing-homes-39141161.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Just another change to suit your posting....

Like a few on here depending on what day of the week it is and the wind blowing it changes to suit.....issues is some people have very very good memories!!!

The 3 posters on here, all SF fans, all constantly tripping themselves up because they cant remember what you posted on a previous thread

Really you should get your story straight

It is a pity we couldnt put a sticky post at the top with XYZ: SF agenda.....might save new posters coming in and having to listen to it all again befoire they realize

You read like a Trump supporter. Anyone with an opinion that differs from your own is part of some left wing block conspiracy. How about you take people on their comments and leave the juvenile supposition to the Republicans? Comment on the comments not your imaginings on where they are coming from, it's more interesting that way.

[INSERT 'I know you are what am I?' response]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

No doubt another long running tribunal in the offing. They seem to have gotten the entire nursing home strategy wrong.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/prominent-doctor-appointed-by-simon-harris-to-medical-board-resigns-over-coronavirus-crisis-in-nursing-homes-39141161.html

This is a big one. What happens if other members of the medical board follow?

We'll waste millions tracking the hijinks of FG and Co. on the tax monies flittered away to chums during this crisis.
    If I were a Journalism drop out in charge of health I'd be leaving everything bar keeping the public informed to more educated men and women.
    Seeing Varadkar make another emergency services photo op was heartening. Not at all boring like the other leaders on podiums alone....

5e8add4db3b0921d111a9536?width=1200&format=jpeg
    _111808284_tv061074605.jpg
    Justin-Trudeau-Canada-Briefing-April-15.jpg
    00142f46-600.jpg

Be interesting to see who takes the Queen's shilling and signs up to the likely FF/FG-Tan government.

Bowie wrote: »
    You read like a Trump supporter. Anyone with an opinion that differs from your own is part of some left wing block conspiracy. How about you take people on their comments and leave the juvenile supposition to the Republicans? Comment on the comments not your imaginings on where they are coming from, it's more interesting that way.

[INSERT 'I know you are what am I?' response]

For a FG thread, we have you, Francie, McMurphy and smurgen with the majority of the post. Anyone post anything non negative towards FG(myself, Blanch or anyone) and they are subjected to page and pages from all of you on why FG are sh*t.....also get all sorts of accusation Finbots etc.

I have yet to see a single post from any of your posters that is balanced. Every single post is attack, just look at the last few posts, between the lot of you trying to outdo each other on a more critical post on FG....even the only valid post about the Dr De Brun was lost in the noise with your stupid pictures post

I have said I am no FG supporter, but maybe people would like a balanced discussion for once, that is not possible for anyone.

You mention Trump but isn't that exactly Trump politics? just shout at everyone till they give up and walk away....

Want an example of this:
    Be interesting to see who takes the Queen's shilling and signs up to the likely FF/FG-Tan government.

That post is the height of stupidity......but a good example of the quality of posts from you lot

For a FG thread, we have you, Francie, McMurphy and smurgen with the majority of the post. Anyone post anything non negative towards FG(myself, Blanch or anyone) and they are subjected to page and pages from all of you on why FG are sh*t.....also get all sorts of accusation Finbots etc.

I have yet to see a single post from any of your posters that is balanced. Every single post is attack, just look at the last few posts, between the lot of you trying to outdo each other on a more critical post on FG....even the only valid post about the Dr De Brun was lost in the noise with your stupid pictures post

I have said I am no FG supporter, but maybe people would like a balanced discussion for once, that is not possible for anyone.

You mention Trump but isn't that exactly Trump politics? just shout at everyone till they give up and walk away....

Want an example of this:

That post is the height of stupidity......but a good example of the quality of posts from you lot

People are critical of FG and comment on it in a FG thread. Shocker.
    The point is people are giving items they are critical about. Explaining their issues.
    You seem more interested in who is posting and how often they post and how quicky they respond to your comments. Which has zero to do with taking comments on board and responding on topic.
    So you keep on trucking.....

We've a crony, incompetent set of spivs in the key ministerial positions. It's bound to peak interest.

Want an example of this:

I post when there is something I wish to discuss about what FG are doing...on a FG thread.
    I have praised this government many times for the stuff they have gotten right. However there are things they are getting wrong. I make no claims here that are not backed by facts.

You cannot seem to cope with that, which is strange for one who claims neutrality and impartiality. And you also lie and refuse to back up what you claim. Classic behaviour of a faithful party member. Maybe if you manned/womaned up and admit your mistakes you might be taken seriously.

• Advertisement

People are critical of FG and comment on it in a FG thread. Shocker.
    The point is people are giving items they are critical about. Explaining their issues.
    You seem more interested in who is posting and how often they post and how quicky they respond to your comments. Which has zero to do with taking comments on board and responding on topic.
    So you keep on trucking.....

Lets review your input again:

I am interested in discussion the topics and how the government are doing, not page and pages of waffle from a couple of deranged SF supporters.

Thats just one example of your input, tell you what, point me in the direction of a balanced post from yourself in this thread, just one

Lisnaskea lie called out, instead of correcting themselves, toys out of pram.

People critical of FG in a FG thread? How very dare they, if it's a slap backing echo chamber you are after - start up a new thread.

Lets review your input again:

I am interested in discussion the topics and how the government are doing, not page and pages of waffle from a couple of deranged SF supporters.

Thats just one example of your input, tell you what, point me in the direction of a balanced post from yourself in this thread, just one

That's not true.
    You don't like the comments you are seeing and complaining about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

That's not true.
    You don't like the comments you are seeing and complaining about it.

Tbh,I'd say he doesn't give a sho1te
    Theres a few threads on this forum that are effectively a blog
    Subscriber level to said blog's microscopic

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Tbh,I'd say he doesn't give a sho1te
    Theres a few threads on this forum that are effectively a blog
    Subscriber level to said blog's microscopic

Of course he/she does, as do a few others who seem to patrol threads to berate those who are critical of a government party they are 'not' supporters/members of.
    Why would you be bothered? I make no bones about voting SF at the last election...am I on all the threads criticising SF or berating people just for voicing opinions on them...no, I'm not.

Well done minions, you just proved exactly what I posted....

Couldn’t even find a single balanced post Bowie??

Not even one of you tried to defend the rubbish you post on here....why don’t you just create your own thread? At least then everyone else can have a adult discussion then

Again I’m not a supporter of FG, so using that as an excuse doesn’t stand up

Of course he/she does, as do a few others who seem to patrol threads to berate those who are critical of a government party they are 'not' supporters/members of.
    Why would you be bothered? I make no bones about voting SF at the last election...am I on all the threads criticising SF or berating people just for voicing opinions on them...no, I'm not.

It's distractionary, intended or not.
    I mentioned it would be nice if billionaires who made billions off the Irish tax payer, made their private clinic/hospital beds available to us during this pandemic. Rather than FG paying them almost twice the amount the UK gov. are paying for private beds. All the while HSE workers are volunteering to help private clinics/hospitals during this time. All I got was comments about unicorns and Callan's kicks among other things.
    Then we've Varadkar taking opportunity for photo ops at every hands turn and as you posted on the resignation within Harris's team....and we get folk wanting to comment on them not liking the comments, without addressing them. Then defending that by saying the discussion isn't up to standard like the childishness above :rolleyes:

Facts are in this blog thread 4 out of the top 6 posters are Shinners
    Top Shinner account has 4 times the posts of the top anti shinner on the forum and 5 or 6 times the posts in it of any of the fine Gaelish accounts
    Patrol? They don't give a sho1te
    There are 1 or 2 trolls of course in both camps
    Great play ground for them tbf.

Well done minions, you just proved exactly what I posted....

Couldn’t even find a single balanced post Bowie??

Not even one of you tried to defend the rubbish you post on here....why don’t you just create your own thread? At least then everyone else can have a adult discussion then

Again I’m not a supporter of FG, so using that as an excuse doesn’t stand up

Why do you keep insisting on telling us that you're not a FG member or supporter, who cares if you are? It doesn't make what you're posting any less nonsensical.

You just accused us as being minions, and assume everyone is a Shinner, because they criticize FG, isn't that the kettle calling the teapot black ass?

And you also keep going on about fair and balanced posts, this isn't RTE or the Garda press association, there's no onus on anyone here to construct fair impartial and balanced posts towards FG, of there was an onus on fair, impartial and balanced posts, blanch for example would have to give up his perpetual 24/7 Sinn Fein attacks, which incidentally I don't see you calling him out on, seeing as you're all about fair and balancing posts now.

It's an internet discussion site, you realise if people stopped posting the site would dwindle and eventually die off, yeah?

This is only one thread on a fairly big site, if what's posted on it is annoying to you, do what I do and make a conscious decision to not post in it.

Irony though.

It's an internet discussion site, you realise if people stopped posting the site would dwindle and eventually die off, yeah?

This is only one thread on a fairly big site, if what's posted on it is annoying to you, do what I do and make a conscious decision to not post in it.

I don't think this site has ever made money
    The bulletin board formats time has been up too for quite a while

• Advertisement

Facts are in this blog thread 4 out of the top 6 posters are Shinners
    Top Shinner account has 4 times the posts of the top anti shinner on the forum and 5 or 6 times the posts in it of any of the fine Gaelish accounts
    Patrol? They don't give a sho1te
    There are 1 or 2 trolls of course in both camps
    Great play ground for them tbf.

Facts are my comment was a fair observation. Here you are assigning party allegiance and complaining about the comments posted rather than commenting on the topics.
    There's a Greta Thurnberg thread. I've little interest in what many say in it. I haven't posted there in a long time. I don't see the point in going in there to analyse the reasoning behind why some might be posting there.
    You've seemingly little to no interest in discussing topics people have been raising about FG in this FG thread.

And there we have it.
    Shefwedfan will be along shortly to chastise you.

Why do you keep insisting on telling us that you're not a FG member or supporter, who cares if you are? It doesn't make what you're posting any less nonsensical.

You just accused us as being minions, and assume everyone is a Shinner, because they criticize FG, isn't that the kettle calling the teapot black ass?

And you also keep going on about fair and balanced posts, this isn't RTE or the Garda press association, there's no onus on anyone here to construct fair impartial and balanced posts towards FG, of there was an onus on fair, impartial and balanced posts, blanch for example would have to give up his perpetual 24/7 Sinn Fein attacks, which incidentally I don't see you calling him out on, seeing as you're all about fair and balancing posts now.

Irony though.

I keep posting I’m not FG because that seems to be the only rebuttal fired at everyone, I can’t count how many times you couple of posters have referred to people as finbots

Problem is any thread which is remotely got anything to do with FG it’s the exact same as this one. It’s the exact same poster, posting the exact same thing

Didn’t you post earlier on that you couldn’t remember which thread you had posted an answer to?

I agree this is an Internet forum, so everyone should be allowed to have a discussion, especially about the government without having to wade though pages and pages of s**t from the same posters with no purpose to any of it

So yes this is one thread in a forum of thousands but if I start up a thread about FG tomorrow or even FF, it will be the exact same posters with the exact same dribble on it

Facts are my comment was a fair observation. Here you are assigning party allegiance and complaining about the comments posted rather than commenting on the topics.
    There's a Greta Thurnberg thread. I've little interest in what many say in it. I haven't posted there in a long time. I don't see the point in going in there to analyse the reasoning behind why some might be posting there.
    You've seemingly little to no interest in discussing topics people have been raising about FG in this FG thread.

And there we have it.
    Shefwedfan will be along shortly to chastise you.

This is what you call topics is it?

“Be interesting to see who takes the Queen's shilling and signs up to the likely FF/FG-Tan government“

This is a great example of your topics, who exactly are you expecting to be interested in discussing statement like that?

I keep posting I’m not FG because that seems to be the only rebuttal fired at everyone, I can’t count how many times you couple of posters have referred to people as finbots

Problem is any thread which is remotely got anything to do with FG it’s the exact same as this one. It’s the exact same poster, posting the exact same thing

Didn’t you post earlier on that you couldn’t remember which thread you had posted an answer to?

I agree this is an Internet forum, so everyone should be allowed to have a discussion, especially about the government without having to wade though pages and pages of s**t from the same posters with no purpose to any of it

So yes this is one thread in a forum of thousands but if I start up a thread about FG tomorrow or even FF, it will be the exact same posters with the exact same dribble on it
    This is what you call topics is it?

“Be interesting to see who takes the Queen's shilling and signs up to the likely FF/FG-Tan government“

This is a great example of your topics, who exactly are you expecting to be interested in discussing statement like that?

Says the lad calls everyone 'minions' :rolleyes:

FG paying crony chums for private beds. A member of Harris' team resigning. Varadkar using keeping the public informed as photo ops. Who will sign up to a FF/FG gov.? All from this morning.

When's the last time you read a comment regarding FG and agreed or disagreed on the content and gave reasoning?
    As I say, you are uncomfortable with the topics so feel the need to complain and blather about it.

I think now Bowie I've commented a lot on issues raised in this thread
    Your last photo op post, what exactly did you want me to say to that one?

Should leo not visit troops on the ground so to speak at all is that your point?
    Or was it other world leaders don't
    I won't google photos of the latter for you, you can do that yourself
    I tell you what I will do though for now,unsubscribe from this thread as tbh,there are more interesting fora
    This one and others when they contain posts you can guess the content of by the 3 or 4 who posted them is getting very Boring.

That has nothing to do with what I posted, it's absolutely ridiculous to come on to an internet discussion site and complain about people posting in an internet discussion site.

He's not a FG member or supporter though, somehow that is the important thing.

I have never accused you of being a FG member, a supporter and 110% never referred to you as a "finnerbot" whatever the name of jasis that is. :D

We live in a democracy, slagging someone for their voting preference is counterproductive imo. I have no truck with who voted for who, slagging them would be as much sense as pretending I vote for another party, while simultaneously spending every waking hour on the site defending the policies of another.

And I don't think I did post that I didn't remember which thread I had posted an answer to, maybe you're confusing me with someone else?

Should leo not visit troops on the ground so to speak at all is that your point?
    I tell you what I will do though for now,unsubscribe from this thread as tbh,there are more interesting fora
    This one and others when they contain posts you can guess the content of by the 3 or 4 who posted them is getting very Boring.

I'd get through the day without any comment from you, don't worry.
    Posts on why people think people are posting is very boring, agreed. Great way to derail or ignore points and comments though.

who exactly are you expecting to be interested in discussing statement like that?

Clearly you are, as you are the only one commenting on it.

Clearly you are, as you are the only one commenting on it.

Repeatedly while ignoring the main body of the comment.
    I likened his attitude to that of FG the other day. I think that's why everyone he may, because it's unclear, disagree with are 'minions' and shinners.

• Advertisement

Well said

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement