Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    You belittle the qualifications and standing of any professional that may disagree with how Harris, the journalism drop out ironically, runs his ship, (is this were we are told the health minister does nothing?).
    The chap had issues. We should be looking at the suggested issues not pissing on his standing. Harris has zero health background but you seem to take him seriously based on him being in his post.

I just looked beyond the cover, and can you tell me whether you go along with Dr. de Brun and believe that pursuing herd immunity through no lockdown is the right thing to do in order to support nursing homes? Because that is what he is saying.

Now he may well be right, time will tell, I am not dissing him, but if you believe it, man up and say it, don’t be cherry-picking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I see we have now discharged more covid 19 patients from hospital than we have even admitted according to leo.

Yeah you read that correctly. More patients have been discharged from hospital than have been admitted to hospital.

I'm scratching my head too.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I see we have now released more covid 19 patients from hospital than we have even admitted according to leo.

Yeah you read that correctly. More patients have been released than have been admitted.

I'm scratching my head too.

Are you mixing up intensive care patients with hospital patients in the same way that you mixed up how deaths are recorded?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are you mixing up intensive care patients with hospital patients in the same way that you mixed up how deaths are recorded?

Someone is certainly mixing up something, easy thing to mix up I suppose him being a doctor and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I've been working the past couple of days, so no time to properly read back over the thread, so if this has been brought up already, you can still thank me for bringing it up again.

Denmark and Poland are refusing to bail out companies registered in offshore tax havens
    vs.
    Irish Revenue relaxes 183-day rule on tax exiles forced to stay by lockdown
    Revenue's relaxation of residency rules for Irish tax exiles is 'tone deaf'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Two interviews last night Leo Varadkar on (Primetime) and Mary Lou McDonald, (The Tonight Show) mapped out what the politics of the next 5 years are going to be like. If I could sum them up in their basic form

Leo, doing whatever we have to, to get back to the country we have been. Very vague on who was going to pay the price to achieve that.

Mary Lou, changing how we do things completely and putting the people first. Making sure that it is not the same people who pay for this 'crisis' as it was the last time.

Really what we will be left with is a political landscape that is unchanged other than the stakes have gotten a lot higher.

Two interviews last night Leo Varadkar on (Primetime) and Mary Lou McDonald, (The Tonight Show) mapped out what the politics of the next 5 years are going to be like. If I could sum them up in their basic form

Leo, doing whatever we have to, to get back to the country we have been. Very vague on who was going to pay the price to achieve that.

Mary Lou, changing how we do things completely and putting the people first. Making sure that it is not the same people who pay for this 'crisis' as it was the last time.

Really what we will be left with is a political landscape that is unchanged other than the stakes have gotten a lot higher.

Brilliant shaping of the narrative. Well done.

Brilliant shaping of the narrative. Well done.

Do tell us how you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

The main difference between the two of them though is that one is actually going to follow through on what they've said, the other knows that they won't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

37 billion to be borrowed in 2020 and 2021.

Amazing how Mary Lou and SF have policies that not 1 citizen in Ireland will suffer. We can even expand public services.

Amazing how FG FF say their will be no increase in taxes.

The Greens tell us to grow lettuce.

PBP Sol are telling us all not to blame China or WHO.

What a circus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mary Lou give any sort of inidication how this pipe dream was going to come true?

Or is it more of the usual, a load of BS with nothing to back it up?

37 billion to be borrowed in 2020 and 2021.

Amazing how Mary Lou and SF have policies that not 1 citizen in Ireland will suffer. We can even expand public services.

Amazing how FG FF say their will be no increase in taxes.

The Greens tell us to grow lettuce.

PBP Sol are telling us all not to blame China or WHO.

What a circus

Well Leo also waxed lyrical about what FF/FG proposed to spend.

And ML did not say that there would 'not be suffering'. What she did say was that it couldn't be the same people who suffered for the last collapse, nor could it be done the same way.

As I said, the same political landscape will emerge just with higher stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Mary Lou give any sort of inidication how this pipe dream was going to come true?

Or is it more of the usual, a load of BS with nothing to back it up?

Sure she don't have anything to do with it whatever happens. Can't wait for years and years of listening to Sinn Fein criticising throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tobsey wrote: »
    The main difference between the two of them though is that one is actually going to follow through on what they've said, the other knows that they won't have to.

I believe SF would try. Agreed.
    FG have yet to follow through on changing the way we do business. After pretending they were going to, nearly a decade later we've Varadkar talking about bringing us back to crony sweet deals and record breaking social crises. MIGA?
    TBF, MLMD seems to be reading off Enda's 2011 script. Hopefully she's not lying through her teeth like 'Man with two pints' Kenny.

Just wait for the feels to die down and the FG brethren start on those individuals availing of aid while ignoring the companies getting salaries subsidised so tax payers can pay themselves for their own work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Oh Simon, Oh my, well, hmmm, ooeerrr. I don't even know where to begin! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our Minister for Health

https://twitter.com/JOEdotie/status/1252987486583885827?s=19[url][/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Oh Simon, Oh my, well, hmmm, ooeerrr. I don't even know where to begin! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our Minister for Health

I'll cut him a break on that. He's probably pretty fatigued and is going on best advice given to him on any given day with a lot of information being thrown at him.

I'm not a particular fan of this iteration of FG, and Simon wont go down as the greatest minister of all time to put it mildly, but he's probably running on fumes at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Yurt! wrote: »
    I'll cut him a break on that. He's probably pretty fatigued and is going on best advice given to him on any given day with a lot of information being thrown at him.

I'm not a particular fan of this iteration of FG, and Simon wont go down as the greatest minister of all time to put it mildly, but he's probably running on fumes at this stage.

I like that he has come out and owned the mistake pretty quickly. It's a harmless mistake that hurts nobody but his own pretty shoddy reputation. It's a mistake a majority of lay people would make however, as the Minister for Health it's a pretty bad mistake to be making.

Do tell us how you see it?

I am not going to engage with nonsensical desperate spin of the type that was in that post.

Whelo79 wrote: »

The URL doesn't work, not sure how any poster could comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Do you need a hand working the internet blanch?

• Advertisement

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The usual acolytes suddenly gone Luddite with Harris putting foot in mouth now.

I am not going to engage with nonsensical desperate spin of the type that was in that post.

Lucky me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Are you familiar with the Irish Times?
    Minister for Health Simon Harris has apologised for making what he called an “awful boo-boo” by incorrectly saying during a radio interview that there were 18 other coronaviruses before Covid-19.

Mr Harris made the error when explaining during an interview on RTÉ 2FM’s breakfast show on Wednesday why a vaccine may not be found for the current coronavirus for some time.

“Remember this is coronavirus Covid-19 - that means there have been 18 other coronaviruses and I don’t think they have actually successfully found a vaccine for any,” he said in the interview.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/simon-harris-sorry-for-awful-boo-boo-about-18-viruses-before-covid-19-1.4235478?mode=amp

This is where you peddle back from seeking verification to your 'so what? Nothing to see here' stance.

TBF, I'd be able to stomach him not knowing what the 19 meant except he'd the gall to pontificate on what I assume was his guess as to what the '19' stood for.
    These lads need stay on script or just keep it shut.

Are you okay with the Greens signing up to this?

Here, I fixed it for you.

Don't even have to tire your poor peepers reading it blanch, just press play close your eyes and dream of Ireland.

https://twitter.com/normaburke/status/1252940393903243265?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Don't even have to tire your poor peepers reading it blanch, just press play close your eyes and dream of Ireland.

The funny thing is I seen alot of Fine Gael supporters on twitter share the US "journalist" Kellyanne Conway make the same gaffe sneering and laughing. Same lads asking telling us to cut Harris slack :)

The bigger gaff to me was to go on to bluff about that the vaccines for the previous 18 mustn't have worked. :)
    Getting the name wrong may have been a 'brain fart' but the second bit was pure bluffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The bigger gaff to me was to go on to bluff about that the vaccines for the previous 18 mustn't have worked. :)
    Getting the name wrong may have been a 'brain fart' but the second bit was pure bluffing.

Exactly he built a narrative to suit the initial brain fart. The man probably needs a rest.

smurgen wrote: »
    Exactly he built a narrative to suit the initial brain fart. The man probably needs a rest.

Simon Harris has a small baby and he also suffers from Crohn’s disease. He’s doing an amazing job given those circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

Simon Harris has been Minister for Health since May 2016.

In that time Pre Coronavirus Crisis, we had the hospital bed crisis, and the trolley crisis. When people died on trollies,, or fell off trollies and died on the ground.

Do you all remember this ? ..

Now he paying Dinny and Larry big bucks to rent hospital beds.
    Rich people are catching this Coronavirus thing and need hospital beds. This needed to be fixed fast, so that FG voters, or FG donators, never have to see or end up on a trolley.

But Pre Coronavirus Crisis,, when it was just poor people dying,, there was no way to help them,, it would cost too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement