Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

smurgen wrote: »
    The funny thing is I seen alot of Fine Gael supporters on twitter share the US "journalist" Kellyanne Conway make the same gaffe sneering and laughing. Same lads asking telling us to cut Harris slack :)

Where are the FG supporters sharing? Show us all of these

Shefwedfan wrote: »

The main defender. One of the FG youth lads the likes of Ciara Kelly shares .

https://twitter.com/Care2much18/status/1250404973277515777?s=19

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1253082713621516289?s=09[url][/url]

smurgen wrote: »
    The main defender. One of the FG youth lads the likes of Ciara Kelly shares .

https://twitter.com/Care2much18/status/1250404973277515777?s=19

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1253082713621516289?s=09[url][/url]

Are you trying to say a FG youth guy like a share from Ciara Kelly????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No it’s not....
    Are you trying to say a FG youth guy like a share from Ciara Kelly????

**Not a FG supporter or member**

Shef, without me coming across all hypocritical, because as I've already mentioned - I couldn't give a shi!the who votes for who, and repeat that we live in s democracy, vote for who you feel like.

However, you do seem to spend an extraordinary amount of time in a FG thread, defending them, likewise a extraordinary amount of time in the SF thread slating them. (Maybe you're a green voter? hehe)

I think you should change the username to *notashefwedfan* and then spend an extraordinary amount of time defending them over in the soccer forums for added confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

satguy wrote: »
    Now he paying Dinny and Larry big bucks to rent hospital beds.
    Rich people are catching this Coronavirus thing and need hospital beds. This needed to be fixed fast, so that FG voters, or FG donators, never have to see or end up on a trolley.

But Pre Coronavirus Crisis,, when it was just poor people dying,, there was no way to help them,, it would cost too much.

I know this was probably a hastily thrown together conspiracy theory so I'll cut you some slack, but a few things dont add up:

1. I haven't seen restrictions on who can go to what hospital, so it seems to me that the "poor" will benefit as much as the "rich".

2. If this was just aimed at the rich, it seems like a waste of time as they would already have health insurance so renting private hospitals would not be necessary.

3. Did the rich live in Tír na nóg before coronavirus or how did they manage to avoid dying?

4. How do doctors and nurses separate FG donators/voters from regular Joe Soaps so they can avoid being on a trolley?

5. What is the cut off point for rich/poor? Possibly the arbitrary €100k that Pearse came up with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I don't think anyone is naive or blinkered enough to think the HSE has somehow transformed from a massive wasteful bureaucracy to the bastion of professionalism and efficiency. The fact is that the frontline workers have stepped up, as they always have, but today most hospitals are very very quiet. People with non Covid related issues are literally afraid to go into the hospitals which is why there are so many free beds and the A&Es have no trolley issues. Apart from the nursing homes, the government are doing a decent job by following the lead of other countries (China, S Korea, Singapore etc) but the HSE itself will still be a basket case when this is all over. 2 words - Cervical Check - will remind us how the HSE operate when left to their own devices.

McMurphy wrote: »
    **Not a FG supporter or member**

Shef, without me coming across all hypocritical, because as I've already mentioned - I couldn't give a shi!the who votes for who, and repeat that we live in s democracy, vote for who you feel like.

However, you do seem to spend an extraordinary amount of time in a FG thread, defending them, likewise a extraordinary amount of time in the SF thread slating them. (Maybe you're a green voter? hehe)

I think you should change the username to *notashefwedfan* and then spend an extraordinary amount of time defending them over in the soccer forums for added confusion.

That's the best you could come up with? another accusation?

Im not in the SF thread by the way, maybe once in weeks when someone asked about SF media and I pointed to SFOS. When you are throwing out the same rubbish in all thread I know its hard to keep track

You seem to be very caught up with FG and abusing any person on here who might do to come out now and say you dont care who votes.

Maybe you can show me a balanced quote? the other poster I asked has yet to find one

As I said, I would like to discuss the government, get a balanced discussion, what is good and what is bad. Asked for that a few days ago, what exactly has changed?

Im not in the SF thread by the way. You keep getting mixed up again in which thread your spouting your poo

You seem to be very caught up with FG and abusing any person on here who might do to come out now and say you dont care who votes.

Maybe you can show me a balanced quote? the other poster I asked has yet to find one

Tbf you do berate anyone who deosnt vote FG like.....maybe you sub-conciously support them....because you sure as fcuk meltdown over any preceived critism of em!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Tbf you do berate anyone who deosnt vote FG like.....maybe you sub-conciously support them....because you sure as fcuk meltdown over any preceived critism of em!! :pac:

I dont vote FG. I am FF supporter and so is my whole family. I have posted on previous threads.

I do not like the way we have a couple of SF supporters who are clearly just using bully tactics across multiple threads. As mentioned if anyone tries to have a discussion or ignore them it turns into pages and pages of them firing out rubbish just to get the person to shut up. So yes for once I am supporting SF. I have pointed other thread when I was very critical of FG.....

Look at this thread, you have 3-4 posters and if someone joins new and asks anything they are soon shouted out of the thread quickly

I don't see how asking for a balanced discussion about FG on a FG thread is such an issue. The exact same posters are shouting the same s**t on the SF thread.

Are we now saying nobody can use the Current Affairs forum without having to get pages of abuse from a few posters using bully boy tactics?

I don't like bullies, I think they are just ignorant people so yes I will stick up for FG against them. I won't vote FG by the way

I dont vote FG. I am FF supporter and so is my whole family. I have posted on previous threads.

I do not like the way we have a couple of SF supporters who are clearly just using bully tactics across multiple threads. As mentioned if anyone tries to have a discussion or ignore them it turns into pages and pages of them firing out rubbish just to get the person to shut up. So yes for once I am supporting SF. I have pointed other thread when I was very critical of FG.....

Look at this thread, you have 3-4 posters and if someone joins new and asks anything they are soon shouted out of the thread quickly

I don't see how asking for a balanced discussion about FG on a FG thread is such an issue. The exact same posters are shouting the same s**t on the SF thread.

Are we now saying nobody can use the Current Affairs forum without having to get pages of abuse from a few posters using bully boy tactics?

I don't like bullies, I think they are just ignorant people so yes I will stick up for FG against them. I won't vote FG by the way

Why wont you vote FG???there is little to difference between em.and FF,only FF are slightly more incompetant and their leader spouts conspiracy theories to justify political decisions??

Why dont you report the bullying you see instead of launching into a one-man band berating anyone mildly critical of FG?? (The moderation is quiet good imo)

Im not in the SF thread by the way, maybe once in weeks when someone asked about SF media and I pointed to SFOS. When you are throwing out the same rubbish in all thread I know its hard to keep track

As I said, I would like to discuss the government, get a balanced discussion, what is good and what is bad. Asked for that a few days ago, what exactly has changed?

I did not read anything further after "accusation" because I didn't make one.

You say you're not a FG member or supporter, cool, fairplay, no beef with that either way.

I'm pointing out your steadfast defence of them is bizarre.

We are still allowed to point out bizarre behaviour now I assume?

For comparison, I don't support Man Utd. Nor do I spend an extraordinary amount of time defending them.

Pm if you need further clarification.

Coming up on Newstalk "Why no one wants to go into govt with FFG"

Will make the drive I have to do less mundane I suppose.

MHR will leave the country if Eamon Ryan is ever Taoiseach.

I did not read anything further after "accusation" because I didn't make one.

You say you're not a FG member or supporter, cool, fairplay, no beef with that either way.

I'm pointing out your steadfast defence of them is bizarre.

We are still allowed to point out bizarre behaviour now I assume?

For comparison, I don't support Man Utd. Nor do I spend an extraordinary amount of time defending them.

Pm if you need further clarification.

Why would I PM you?

When you bring up the soccer forum, I see they have a thread for all the clubs and people can have a discussion on them all, a balanced discussion. Same in the rugby forum.

Seemingly not in this forum when we have to listen to SF clowns on every thread....same bulls**t, every thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

MHR will leave the country if Eamon Ryan is ever Taoiseach.

Who'd make Patrick Donovan look reasonable if Michael Healy Rae left? :eek::D

Why would I PM you?

When you bring up the soccer forum, I see they have a thread for all the clubs and people can have a discussion on them all, a balanced discussion. Same in the rugby forum.

Seemingly not in this forum when we have to listen to SF clowns on every thread....same bulls**t, every thread.

Seems to me,yous want a echo chamber with only cheerleaders allowed??

Soccer forum is a joke,a public forum,where you need permission to post :pac:

Rugby isnt a real sport and i noticed all talk of the latest batch of munster players to be caught cheating was shut down,game would more appropriatedly be named drugby

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The Greens tell us to grow lettuce.

I saw a clip on the news last night saying Eamonn doesn't expect to be Taoiseach.

You thought Leo/Enda/Brian C/<insert name of your least favourite Taoiseach here> was bad? Imagine Ryan at the helm.

Why would I PM you?

For clarification (I said so in my post you quoted) so the thread wouldn't drift off on a tangent

No you don't.

Same as you don't need to be either a member or supporter of the FG party in order defend the FG party, as you are so excellently demonstrating.

No one's making you read the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

It will be back to one seat only, if the GP back a FG / FF government.

Or even better,, no seats.

GP = FG on bikes, and aways will.

For clarification (I said so in my post you quoted) so the thread wouldn't drift off on a tangent

No you don't.

Same as you don't need to be either a member or supporter of the FG party in order defend the FG party, as you are so excellently demonstrating.

No one's making you read the thread.

You made the reference to the soccer forum which is a great reference. Thread on Man Utd/Liverpool etc. no problems. We dont see the Man Utd thread with page after page after page of Liverpool supporters slagging them off

This forum, every thread, you and the same couple of posters ruining every thread. All day every day.

Same bulls**t you cant even remeber which thread you spouted it on 24 x 7.

The discussion is not about FG.....its just a load of bullsh*t from SF supporters!!! as I said already anyone tries to have a decent converastion and we have pages of the same s**t

Look at the last few pages, did anyone get above 20% of the post v you couple? pointless starting a new thread, as soon as it starts you have the same crowd....look at the Keelings one.....it wasnt long before one of the usual was in it blaming FG
    Just an idea, maybe grow up and let some other people have a reasonable conversation....not listen to a group of children trying to outdo each other

ANy sign of a demonstration of a balanced post form you? the other "poster" couldn't provide

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Why wont you vote FG???there is little to difference between em.and FF,only FF are slightly more incompetant and their leader spouts conspiracy theories to justify political decisions??

Why dont you report the bullying you see instead of launching into a one-man band berating anyone mildly critical of FG?? (The moderation is quiet good imo)

Where does this come from? Populist Sinn Fein are closer to FF than FG are

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I saw a clip on the news last night saying Eamonn doesn't expect to be Taoiseach.

You thought Leo/Enda/Brian C/<insert name of your least favourite Taoiseach here> was bad? Imagine Ryan at the helm.

To be honest anyone would be better to Mary Lou....

F**k me I would bring back Enda just to keep Mary out....imagine listening to her on a press release every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Good point made earlier. Made a similar one a week or so ago.
    How will FG claw us back to the normal crises were only the working tax payer and people on lower incomes suffer? Why go private if the health service is functioning, (why use tax monies to continue to enrich vulture funds if there's no housing crisis?)? So I can't see FG addressing the little peoples crises any different than they had before. There's no profit in properly addressing these crises.
    It seems during Covid 19 FG get a pass. The hopes are it will fade away over the coming months so paying exorbitant amounts to pals in the private sector can be excused in a short term however look at housing and health, (when the world isn't watching) happy to let the public suffer because theres money in it for those it doesn't touch.
    It'll be tough for the lads to pull back to pre crisis crisis levels.

As for Simon 'steal some pick-a-nick baskets while keeping an eye out for the park ranger' Harris, like Eoghan and Leo, found out once again for not being up to the task. Say nothing unless reading from a script grown ups put together.

So to actually review. I was listening to interview yesterday on TodayFM. They made a good point about FG. A few weeks back they where poison. The good feeling that Leo had come in on had dried up. Mostly because he didn't really do anything for his run. He got too interested in Spice Girls and sitting at the Dancing cr*p on TV than actually making decision.

I used to live in his area and I actually thought he was one of the better FG politician but he ended up a disaster. The fact he didn't move the children hospital into his own area, which was the best place in Ireland for it was just the start of the trip downwards. Now he has gone back in the standing but I still wouldn't want to see him continue on as taoiseach.

Simon Harris was a disaster to be honest, he was was over his head. He is the only one I see really impressing now. He has done very well. I have to agree with TodayFM on this, even if FG make a balls of it I think Simon comes out better than he did prior to the virus. You will have the childish pops at him but in the whole he had done a good job. For people complaining the HSE is a poison chalice and at the moment health WW is a mess. Just look at the interview with the UK health minister the other day, cant remember the interviewer, the ex newspaper guy but he was cut to pieces.

IN terms of FG I again agree with the view of TodayFM and they have gone up in popularity, mostly due to a crisis situation people will look to leaders and FG havent made the complete balls out of it that other countries have,.

The issue is, it wont get better. If the virus slows they would be better getting out now at this high. As soon as people focus on other things everything will come flooding back about the issues they had prior

IN regards to FF, they really are onto a difficult one but MM is determined to take over as this is his last chance, the rumblings in the party is he hasn't really delivered and to be honest I think he hurt the FF vote. I do see them take over with FG, To be honest trying to bring a country now to another general election would be stupidity in the highest order. SF ran for the hills very quickly, then when virus came out they just ran and hide back up in the hills of Donegal. Only crawling out now.....the covid virus with Mary Lou is about as believable as Tubs getting it. Bit of a PR exercise.

I am not sure what they will do with Leo, will they give him a Minister role in the new government or let him run opposition? I think Harris would be wise to get out of the health role.

One thing FG need to do and very quickly, lock down the RTE story which is growing. Otherwise all that good PR will be gone very very quick.....giving overpaid useless TV presentors more money out of people pockets will just bring the memories flooding back of the bad Leo et al

You made the reference to the soccer forum which is a great reference. Thread on Man Utd/Liverpool etc. no problems. We dont see the Man Utd thread with page after page after page of Liverpool supporters slagging them off

This forum, every thread, you and the same couple of posters ruining every thread. All day every day.

Same bulls**t you cant even remeber which thread you spouted it on 24 x 7.

The discussion is not about FG.....its just a load of bullsh*t from SF supporters!!! as I said already anyone tries to have a decent converastion and we have pages of the same s**t

Look at the last few pages, did anyone get above 20% of the post v you couple? pointless starting a new thread, as soon as it starts you have the same crowd....look at the Keelings one.....it wasnt long before one of the usual was in it blaming FG
    Just an idea, maybe grow up and let some other people have a reasonable conversation....not listen to a group of children trying to outdo each other

ANy sign of a demonstration of a balanced post form you? the other "poster" couldn't provide

You could always not use boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

So the Green have finished their review of the FF/FG frame work document and drawn up a list of demands before they would consider joining a coalition.
    The 17 demands are:

1. A seven per cent reduction in carbon emissions each year.

2. Massive development in renewable energy infrastructure including off-shore wind, solar power and an upgrade of national grid.

3. An end to exploration licences for offshore gas exploration.

4. Stopping the fossil fuel infrastructure, particularly the LNG import terminal currently being planned for the River Shannon.

5. Exclusive provision of public housing, social housing and cost rental housing on public lands.

6. Prioritise urban renewal in line with a ‘Town Centre First’ model.

7. A deep retrofit programme as part of a programme for government?

8. A new social contract.

9. Ending the direct provision system and replace it with accommodation provided by approved housing bodies.

10. Commitment to spend 0.7 per cent of national income on Overseas Development aid.

11. Development of a national land use plan.

12. At least 20 per cent of transport spending on cycling and walking, and two-thirds of remaining budget on public transport.

13. Trial universal basic income (UBI) within the lifetime of the government.

14. Revision of National Development Plan to meet new climate targets and social policy goals.

15.Review of the Government and Oireachtas response to the Covid-19 crisis.

16. A full financial analysis and costing of the Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael joint framework document.

17. Commitment to a Green Procurement Policy.

To me it seems to be as equally impossible as the fantasy proposition document that FF and FG drew up. I cant see even a quarter of that being possible in the lifetime of the next government.

So what do people think?
    Is it being used as an expedient way to be able to withdraw totally from any coalition negotiation?
    Does anyone think they are actually serious?
    Is this simply a bargaining chip to extract maximum concessions from FF and FG?

the covid virus with Mary Lou is about as believable as Tubs getting it. Bit of a PR exercise.

You really are a truely vile individual

Even the hardest shinner didnt wish boris johnson anything only the best againest this virus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

A really are a truely vile individual

Even the hardest shinner didnt wish boris johnson anything only the best againest this virus

Speaking for yourself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement