Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You made the reference to the soccer forum which is a great reference. Thread on Man Utd/Liverpool etc. no problems. We dont see the Man Utd thread with page after page after page of Liverpool supporters slagging them off

This forum, every thread, you and the same couple of posters ruining every thread. All day every day.

Same bulls**t you cant even remeber which thread you spouted it on 24 x 7.

The discussion is not about FG.....its just a load of bullsh*t from SF supporters!!! as I said already anyone tries to have a decent converastion and we have pages of the same s**t

Look at the last few pages, did anyone get above 20% of the post v you couple? pointless starting a new thread, as soon as it starts you have the same crowd....look at the Keelings one.....it wasnt long before one of the usual was in it blaming FG
    Just an idea, maybe grow up and let some other people have a reasonable conversation....not listen to a group of children trying to outdo each other

ANy sign of a demonstration of a balanced post form you? the other "poster" couldn't provide
    To be honest anyone would be better to Mary Lou....

F**k me I would bring back Enda just to keep Mary out....imagine listening to her on a press release every day
    .....SF ran for the hills very quickly, then when virus came out they just ran and hide back up in the hills of Donegal. Only crawling out now.....the covid virus with Mary Lou is about as believable as Tubs getting it. Bit of a PR exercise....

Okay so...
    A lot of bile from a chap decrying the lack of balanced and reasoned discussion.
    TBF you were full of praise for Simon 'Boo Boo' Harris but you skipped everyone's points except a soccer reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

Bowie wrote: »
    r Simon 'Boo Boo' Harris

Sinn Feiners reading straight from the Donald Trump playbook.

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Sinn Feiners reading straight from the Donald Trump playbook.

And assuming were people stand politically based on criticism of your team is nae? May as well go whole hog and call me a communist. Which party leader has his book and tried do him a solid with Clare Co.Co?
    Been using such comments since Enda 'Man with two pints' Kenny.
    Carry on ignoring any points you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McMurphy wrote: »
    Coming up on Newstalk "Why no one wants to go into govt with FFG"

Will make the drive I have to do less mundane I suppose.

Ive heard that FG and FF have already divvied up the Ministerial appointments between them with Simon Harris to remain as Health Minister. They have agreed to specify 3 Ministerial vacancies for whatever party or independents would join them. No info yet on which three departments but would imagine Environment is one of them.

Personally I want to see Eamon Ryan as the new Minister for Agriculture, if this mess has shown us anything it is that we need to get a nationwide salad growing effort underway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

satguy wrote: »
    GP = FG on bikes, and aways will.

Green Party are a high tax/high services spending party. Fine Gael are the lowest tax/lowest services spending party in the Dail.

You don't appear to have a very nuanced or detailed knowledge of politics.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ive heard that FG and FF have already divvied up the Ministerial appointments between them with Simon Harris to remain as Health Minister. They have agreed to specify 3 Ministerial vacancies for whatever party or independents would join them. No info yet on which three departments but would imagine Environment is one of them.

Personally I want to see Eamon Ryan as the new Minister for Agriculture, if this mess has shown us anything it is that we need to get a nationwide salad growing effort underway.

Letterkenny could use more Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Crazy and tragic that these most vulnerable places have not gotten fit for purpose quality PPE.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1253286509928763393

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

And assuming were people stand politically based on criticism of your team is nae? May as well go whole hog and call me a communist. Which party leader has his book and tried do him a solid with Clare Co.Co?
    Been using such comments since Enda 'Man with two pints' Kenny.
    Carry on ignoring any points you don't like.

Irish version of a Trump fan or Brexiter. Pretty clear really, every country has a them. Should be proud it's very in vogue at the moment.

Crazy and tragic that these most vulnerable places have not gotten fit for purpose quality PPE.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1253286509928763393

That’s what happens when unqualified people attempt a task without knowing the criteria, no matter how great their intentions were. Fair play to them for trying.

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Irish version of a Trump fan or Brexiter. Pretty clear really, every country has a them. Should be proud it's very in vogue at the moment.

Speaking of Trump like.... Don't take criticism of FG decisions so personally.

• Advertisement

That’s what happens when unqualified people attempt a task without knowing the criteria, no matter how great their intentions were. Fair play to them for trying.

If they are 'unqualified' and working in the HSE, they shouldn't be.

A vulnerable place having to depend on substandard PPE at a time like is a disgrace tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A lot of bile ........ Simon 'Boo Boo' Harris .

Hypocrisy enshrined in a single post, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A vulnerable place having to depend on substandard PPE at a time like is a disgrace tbh.

They went and purchased their own from a private supplier, much like Louise O'Reilly is trying to get the HSE to buy equipment from a friend of hers.

blanch152 wrote: »
    They went and purchased their own from a private supplier, much like Louise O'Reilly is trying to get the HSE to buy equipment from a friend of hers.

Why had they to source privately they should be a priority.
    The HSE source from private factories too.
    Is nobody vetting the qualiry of the goods they are buying. Shambolic stuff tbh.

How do you know it is a 'friend' by the way or the quality of the equiment?

Playing with words again blanch to make something sound sinister or underhand. Seen what you did there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Maybe they had to try source their own PPE because the government wasn't providing them any.

Even the HSE bought a load of ****e at one stage.

efanton wrote: »
    Maybe they had to try source their own PPE because the government wasn't providing them any.

Even the HSE bought a load of ****e at one stage.

True.
    There is never a question from the apologists here. Straight onto the defence line and attack the Shinners. So predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

Looks like Ryan is pushing for minister for transport, and 20% of the money spent on roads to be diverted to cycle lanes.

The Greens also want to see a rebalancing of transport infrastructure spend, dedicating at least 20% of infrastructure expenditure in transport to cycling and walking.

Does he not know that, we all live in Laois, or Kildare, or god knows where else, because we can't afford to buy homes in Dublin.
    Where does Ryan live I wonder.

The GP have a list of stuff,, can't see FF saying yes to any of it,, FG will say yes in a heartbeat.

Looks like Ryan is pushing for minister for transport, and 20% of the money spent on roads to be diverted to cycle lanes.

The Greens also want to see a rebalancing of transport infrastructure spend, dedicating at least 20% of infrastructure expenditure in transport to cycling and walking.

Does he not know that, we all live in Laois, or Kildare, or god knows where else, because we can't afford to buy homes in Dublin.

The GP have a list of stuff,, can't see FF saying yes to any of it,, FG will say yes in a heartbeat.

And the power swap party's and supporters continue the pretence that they are above auction politcs.
    Have we a list of independents bribes...sorry...inducements :) yet?

Its actually worse than that

I posted a list of their 17 demands a page or two ago in the thread.

The greens want the following
    "At least 20 per cent of transport spending on cycling and walking, and two-thirds of remaining budget on public transport."

That effectively means the transport spending will be as follows
    20% cycling and walking
    53.33% Public transport
    26.66% Roads

Not only totally unrealistic, but in effect not even enough to maintain the roads and fix the potholes we already have.
    Of course Eamon doesnt live outside of Dublin, and probably has never seen the state of our national roads, let alone our minor roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

I think we need the Green Party, like we need a hole in the head !!

Run Micheál Run ..

• Advertisement

I think we need the Green Party, like we need a hole in the head !!

Run Micheál Run ..

Martin will give them anything they ask for, he has to because all he wants is to be Taoiseach even if it destroys the FF party.
    I cant see FG even agreeing to a quarter of their demands. What the Greens have demanded to me reads as an excuse to be able to walk away completely from the coalition talks.

Looks like either Leo will have to do a U-turn on his demand that a third party must join the coalition and the numbers not made up with independents or accept no coalition can be formed.

The SD's have been very quiet, so its looking like they have no interest either.

Its possible that Eamonn Ryan has put the few brain cells he has that are actually not in dreamland to good use and is playing a really cute move so that a Unity government will formed. I would be surprised if he has that level of smartness to be honest.

If you bothered to read the link you’d posted, you’d know that individuals took it upon themselves to make PPE and donate it to the health board.

Just to refresh your memory. “Some of the PPE materials nursing homes are getting are from donations or other private groups or organisations supplying them. So the difficulty may well lie in that situation.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Some poor lad is after getting robbed at the side of the road if they shower have anything to do with it.....

I actually like the idea of the greens running transport. Its about time this country got the kick up the ass it needed.....

I would actually push for shutting down fully city centres where possible to traffic, only public and bicycles etc. Would be great news for the people living and working in them.

One of FG biggest failings was on climate. Not moving people off diesel quicker will cost a fortune plus it is slowly killing thousands of people. Shutting down roads and changing to bicylce lanes is brill. Maybe more investment in luas etc in cities.

If you bothered to read the link you’d posted, you’d know that individuals took it upon themselves to make PPE and donate it to the health board.

Just to refresh your memory. “Some of the PPE materials nursing homes are getting are from donations or other private groups or organisations supplying them. So the difficulty may well lie in that situation.”

I didn't 'not' read it.
    Why are institutions having to depend on this, that is the question. If a donation is defective...ok, throw it away and use the proper stuff...but there is no 'proper stuff'.

Once again, these institutions are found to be down the list of priorities.

I actually like the idea of the greens running transport. Its about time this country got the kick up the ass it needed.....

I would actually push for shutting down fully city centres where possible to traffic, only public and bicycles etc. Would be great news for the people living and working in them.

One of FG biggest failings was on climate. Not moving people off diesel quicker will cost a fortune plus it is slowly killing thousands of people. Shutting down roads and changing to bicylce lanes is brill. Maybe more investment in luas etc in cities.

I wonder who incentivised diesel as a fuel...lemme think.....

I wonder who incentivised diesel as a fuel...lemme think.....

12 years ago....the world moves on....next you will be crying because they got rid of the steam engine

They didn’t incentive dies either, the move was to cleaner fuels, the car manufacturers lied and fixed the numbers....you might of heard about that?

I didn't 'not' read it.
    Why are institutions having to depend on this, that is the question. If a donation is defective...ok, throw it away and use the proper stuff...but there is no 'proper stuff'.

Once again, these institutions are found to be down the list of priorities.

When did the World last experience a pandemic like this? What country has an unending supply of PPE in stock? I suppose you think that another political party could just magic them up off a magic PPE tree?

How may people working in Dublin city actually live in Dublin city?
    I'd imagine there's nearly as many commuting from outside Dublin as living in it.

The problem with the Green policies is they simply will not work. It would be great if everyone had the option of public transport, but most dont.
    The green policies assume that there is no transition, you just spend a heap of money and hey presto everyone is using public transport. It simply doesnt work like that.

Even if all this infrastructure could be built overnight, the Green's have no solutions for public transport outside the m50.
    You cant put a Luas or bus network in every town in the country.
    Irish Rail refuses to stop at the smaller towns, and even if they invested in more carriages many of our train stations are incapable of taking longer trains.

Instead of carbon taxes they should scrap the motor tax and transfer it to fuel prices so that an equivalent amount of revenue is collected. The those that use their cars most, or those that have SUV's and 2.0 litre passats will think to change their cars to something smaller, or something that is more fuel efficient.

We all understand that we have to switch to more fuel efficient transport, but when most families cant even imagine having the money to buy a new electric/hybrid car how is that going to happen. The problem is no party has come up with a transition plan and that is what really is needed.

• Advertisement

When did the World last experience a pandemic like this? What country has an unending supply of PPE in stock? I suppose you think that another political party could just magic them up off a magic PPE tree?

I never said anything about that.

What I am saying is that here again we see certain institutions and people being left to fend for themselves.
    It feeds into the other stuff we are being told about nursing homes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement