Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Your talking s**t....

Except im not??

Your entitled to your view,but regretably for you,it is entirely wrong in this instance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Not about my way its not??

'Out your way' is recruitment to the civil service not done through the CPSA?

Your talking s**t....

Except im not??

Your entitled to your view,but regretably for you,it is entirely wrong in this instance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Except im not??

Yes of course it is, they check your FF membership on the way in the door

It happens in loads of places, sure FF run the country!!! Your just embarrassing yourself now, no shame in admitting your talking a pile of poo

Phoebas wrote: »
    'Out your way' is recruitment to the civil service not done through the CPSA?

On paper yes,but same as planning permission....here if yous know the right person,they'll move the road for you

Im always suprised there hasnt been a planning tribunal/ethics tribunals for all the county councils in the state tbh

Corruption is a open secret about here,like i know of a semi-state job,where an office was required,the local ff member (over running this section) built office in back,in residential zoned area,and leased office to the state (where he worked/was the boss)

Now fair play and all....but that to me is effectively corruption or at best ethically compromised and repeated up and down the state

• Advertisement

Yes of course it is, they check your FF membership on the way in the door

It happens in loads of places, sure FF run the country!!! Your just embarrassing yourself now, no shame in admitting your talking a pile of poo

I never said they check ff membership,safe to say you still havnt googled tams1

Like its hardly ground breaking news of people getting their friends jobs,just ff were on state/semi state jobs....this rises all the way to the top,where they are known as quangos ( a personal favorite of bertie ahearn)

Iirc there was once a quango for every 4 or 5000 people in the country

On paper yes,but...

Stop talking shìte.
    Recruitment to the civil service does not depend on 'knowing someone'.

Things that you imagine aren't necessarily true.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Stop talking shìte.
    Recruitment to the civil service does not depend on 'knowing someone'.

Things that you imagine aren't necessarily true.

It really is though

Like i know someone recruited into a semi-state unskilled job at height of recession....his aunt was on interview panel.....this type stuff cant be news to anyone

Like i know someone recruited into a semi-state unskilled job at height of recession....his aunt was on interview panel.....this type stuff cant be news to anyone
    If some anecdote is your evidence that 'people dont get into civil service in first place unless they know someone', then, yeah, carry on...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

On paper yes,but same as planning permission....here if yous know the right person,they'll move the road for you

Im always suprised there hasnt been a planning tribunal/ethics tribunals for all the county councils in the state tbh

Corruption is a open secret about here,like i know of a semi-state job,where an office was required,the local ff member (over running this section) built office in back,in residential zoned area,and leased office to the state (where he worked/was the boss)

Now fair play and all....but that to me is effectively corruption or at best ethically compromised and repeated up and down the state

Have a look at what happened with the e-voting machines and who benefitted from it in a constituency where we know FG were looking for bungs for planning 'help'.

'It's not what you know, it's who you know' still greases many wheels here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

It’s not 100k new houses, 50k are already been built....so the numbers are BS

The HSE is a basket case, you want to try hire a top manager on performance base and then give short term contract?

So he/she starts to implement a plan, 15 months in has a bad quarter and you sack, bring in new person who throws all the other person idea out and starts again....

Do you work in it have worked with the HSE at all?

Now who is talking bull****.

FG had targets of 5k to 6k a year for new build social housing and not once did they meet those targets.

SF wanted to build 20k new homes a year and virtually every FG/FF support on this forum claimed it was logistically impossible. You might have even claimed that at some point.

From a decision to build to a home being handed over by a developer to the government is typically 18 months to 2 years.

Now you are claiming that FG somehow have or are in the process of building 50k homes in less than 2 years for social and affordable housing needs.
    I doubt that there has been much more than 50k homes built total in the last 2 year and that would include those for both private and public consumption.

Sorry but I totally do not believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It really is though

Report it, that just isn’t allowed.

Either you are talking rubbish, or that woman will be fired.

I never said they check ff membership,safe to say you still havnt googled tams1

Like its hardly ground breaking news of people getting their friends jobs,just ff were on state/semi state jobs....this rises all the way to the top,where they are known as quangos ( a personal favorite of bertie ahearn)

Iirc there was once a quango for every 4 or 5000 people in the country

Keep digging, that’s some prime A buls**t

It really is though

So is it a FF Membership requirement or a relative? Or both?

When you arrive at the interview is their a special hand shake so they know your a FF member?

Why would I google tams1? It’s all BS...a few days ago you ran a self sustaining farm, with a butcher over the road who killed your cattle and provided meat To you. Now you trying to get civil servant jobs? Tomorrow? Well you could be an astronaut, do FF stop astronauts as well?

I think the best was trying to say you know people who refer to milk as white gold....that again turned out to be a load of BS

See a recurring theme here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What company in ireland deosnt offer fixed term contracts to managers,jobs for life are almost unheard of??

Id say over 95% of management and senior management jobs in Ireland are not fixed term contracts. One of the biggest risks for companies in Ireland is employee retention. My background is legal and financial regulation and no key position would be offered on a fixed term contract unless it was an interim position. On what basis are you asserting that full time jobs are unheard of?

So is it a FF Membership requirement or a relative? Or both?

When you arrive at the interview is their a special hand shake so they know your a FF member?

Why would I google tams1? It’s all BS...a few days ago you ran a self sustaining farm, with a butcher over the road who killed your cattle and provided meat To you. Now you trying to get civil servant jobs? Tomorrow? Well you could be an astronaut, do FF stop astronauts as well?

I think the best was trying to say you know people who refer to milk as white gold....that again turned out to be a load of BS

See a recurring theme here?

None of above is false,and nowhere did i say it was self-sustaining??

I like to get as close to self-sustaining as possible tbf,as food is simply nicer.....quite why yous have an issue with this is beyond me,but we all have our crosses to carry

Hmm,except people do refer to it as white gold,the returns from it compared to all other agrifood sectors are incomparable?? Short of me carrying a tape recorder everywhere,or the forum name (imho-its in the name :pac: ) changing,you will just have to accept this

Keep digging, that’s some prime A buls**t

Where is there a lie?

An bord snip report few years ago identified 1000 quangos after of the last FF government

Ie,one per 4-5000 people in the state,i apoligise if the math is rudimentry,but it most certainly isnt bullsh1t as you imply
    Snip Nua is bound to have had a good hard look at Ireland's 1,000 quangos, or state funded public bodies.

These multiplied faster than bored lab rabbits during the boom. Some 200 leapt into being in the last three years alone -- more than one a week. This orgy of state outsourcing means there is one quango for every 4,000 people in the country, from the Mushroom Taskforce or Beaumont Hospital Carpark Committee

Like ff in particular are notrious for packing out these with supporters/party donators particularly as dail comes to end,im somewhat suprised you are unaware of this

blanch152 wrote: »
    Report it, that just isn’t allowed.

Either you are talking rubbish, or that woman will be fired.

Tbf im pure hypocrite,as im not gonna see my mate get sacked/risk his job particularly during last recession

(Also i wouldnt know,who to report it too talking 2010/2011 era like :eek: )

Tbf im pure hypocrite,as im not gonna see my mate get sacked/risk his job particularly during last recession

(Also i wouldnt know,who to report it too talking 2010/2011 era like :eek: )

So it is a decade old, and in a local authority, but you are presenting it as a current criticism of the civil service, while at the same time not doing anything about it even though you can. Right.

So it is a decade old, and in a local authority, but you are presenting it as a current criticism of the civil service, while at the same time not doing anything about it even though you can. Right.

Bit like you and all the things you know for certain that Gerry Adams did and have done nothing about?

:D

Look at how long whistleblowers had to persevere in this country and what they had to go through to be listened to.

Sure...something would be done about it if you said something. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hmm...not in local autority,semi-state....i quite clearly posted this fact (aswell as fact it was during last recession also stated,your abit late to the party complaining it being 10 years ago,when youve replied already)

Aye,snitches end in ditches (or beaches in louth :eek: ) im reporting nadda !!!!

That being said it provides endless pisstake material for nights out :D ,lord,i miss nights out

Never forget the slandering and smearing maurice maccabe got for whistleblowing,or the fact consultants in ardkeen got called liers to the national press by varadkar for whistleblowing

You only have to read the threads on here and look at the various attempts to blacken his name or undermine him or anyone who dares criticise.

You only have to read the threads on here and look at the various attempts to blacken his name or undermine him.

He eventually took down 2 commissioners and 2 ministers of justice....quiet the toll to pay politically

I dont for a second think he was a saint mind,but he most deffo was alot smarter and more willing to stay the course than 99% of population would be....suprised he was never interviewed on the late late tbh,too late now i guess

Hmm...not in local autority,semi-state....i quite clearly posted this fact (aswell as fact it was during last recession also stated,your abit late to the party complaining it being 10 years ago,when youve replied already)

Aye,snitches end in ditches (or beaches in louth :eek: ) im reporting nadda !!!!

That being said it provides endless pisstake material for nights out :D ,lord,i miss nights out

Semi-State?

Commercial or non-commercial. One is covered by CPSA, one is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

christy c wrote: »
    Thankfully we had a government that went ahead and secured the use of private facilities, rather than a government that pandered to soundbite merchants like yourself with "private profit" boo hoo.

It's how much and to who. I know you'd rather is wasn't brought up, but if you are going to comment on it use less soundbites and look at what people are concerned about before you run over the hill waving the fine gael flag.
    It's ignoring such things brought us to the last crash and lost the tax payer billions in sweet deals afterwards. Maybe it would do you some good to look at issues and not assume it's all soundbites.
    Private profit is great, but that's not governments job above getting a good deal for the tax payer.
    We have a governing party with a track record for cronyism, incompetence and getting the tax payer awful deals.

Louise is promoting her contacts for government contracts, I thought that was the type of thing you reject.

Depends. Is she taking bribes or is there a better deal out there for the tax payer she is ignoring so we can use this contact?

smurgen wrote: »
    This is surreal. Hundreds of deaths in and over 100 clusters in nursing homes and HIQA the regulator for nursing homes only gets around to issuing a questionnaire to establish preparedness to nursing homes for Covid 19.
    Harris has blood on his hands.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/grave-picture-emerging-of-coronavirus-impact-on-nursing-home-sector-1.4237591

TBF, he's just the lad FG got in for the instagram vote. He's the Eoghan Murphy of Health.

Harris, Murphy and Varadkar were supposed to bring FG to the next generation. It's the only reason I can see for putting such wasters in such positions.

I wonder who this guy votes for..he chimes in with a few of the sexist, views here.

https://twitter.com/MaryMcAuliffe4/status/1254740856743002112/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    It's how much and to who. I know you'd rather is wasn't brought up, but if you are going to comment on it use less soundbites and look at what people are concerned about before you run over the hill waving the fine gael flag.
    It's ignoring such things brought us to the last crash and lost the tax payer billions in sweet deals afterwards. Maybe it would do you some good to look at issues and not assume it's all soundbites.
    Private profit is great, but that's not governments job above getting a good deal for the tax payer.
    We have a governing party with a track record for cronyism, incompetence and getting the tax payer awful deals.

Usual rubbish, with the added bonus of you criticising me for using soundbites :)

In the middle of a pandemic, when it seemed possible that doctors would have to leave people to die because of a lack of beds and equipment- people like yourself would be whinging about Dinny rather than getting on with securing the private hospitals.

And there are genuine criticisms of FG, but gets lost when some choose to focus on boogeymen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

It now seem the outbreaks in nursing homes are now out of control. Not good news at all.
    There is now a virus outbreak in at least 66% of nursing homes, and in many full testing has not even happened.
    Of the 425 residential care facilities in the country, 75 have a status red designation.

Latest official figures show an increase in outbreaks of Covid-19 in nursing homes with 208 such clusters reported.

A further 114 outbreaks have been seen in other residential facilities.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0427/1135066-covid19-coronavirus-nursing-homes/

The article also indicates significant outbreaks in 114 other residential facilities, which I assume to mean direct provision centres, homes for the mentally disabled and other such facilities.

Lets hope the government gets additional staffing into these homes as soon and possible, and ramps up the testing to identify how big the problem is.

The bit I do not understand is that we have private hospitals virtually empty. Why isn't the government segregating those that have tested positive in homes from those that have not by using these additional beds available in the private hospitals that the state is paying for but not actually using?
    Surely the priority now should be that every resident in a home should be tested along with the staff, and that segregation be done as soon as possible. Its no good moving residents that have tested positive to a separate ward or different part of the building unless staff are prevented from moving between the areas where those that tested positive or are suspected of having the virus and the areas where residents who have not tested positive. for that you would need to ramp up staffing levels, or relocate residents to other facilities such as the empty private hospitals.

What was the point of spending at least €345 million on additional private hospital capacity if it is not used now when it appears to be most needed. Apparently there was no cap put in place on the payments to private hospitals so that €345 million paid to private hospitals is likely to dramatically increase. If we have to pay for it then the government should be using it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement