Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Given you are attacking me for raising the issue, and not responding, I take it the answer to the question is yes, some SF representative did suggest that water meters cause cancer.

Mind-boggling.

I have no idea if they did or not. You seem to have an unhealthy fixation with one party's councillors though...while ignoring the carry on of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I have no idea if they did or not. You seem to have an unhealthy fixation with one party's councillors though...while ignoring the carry on of others.

Not strange at all, SF public representatives are the most entertaining of the lot, from Violet-Anne Wynne to the councillor with the bread, the TD who went on holidays for the election campaign, the MEP candidates and that lovely homophobic racist man in Tallaght.

The Heal-Raes are the only ones who give them a run for their money.

P.S. I didn't even mention the convicted terrorists.

Not strange at all, SF public representatives are the most entertaining of the lot, from Violet-Anne Wynne to the councillor with the bread, the TD who went on holidays for the election campaign, the MEP candidates and that lovely homophobic racist man in Tallaght.

The Heal-Raes are the only ones who give them a run for their money.

P.S. I didn't even mention the convicted terrorists.

I don't think I have to bother get into a whataboutery exchange with you here. All parties have the weird the wonderful and the criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I don't think I have to bother get into a whataboutery exchange with you here. All parties have the weird the wonderful and the criminal.

:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

DOB and Larry Goodman are looking to make a tidy sum from their private hospitals. Is it still tax free as the extension still applies?
    I've heard of a few people that got called in for minor issues, private hospital, high bill, state paying, had been on a waiting list. Surely that couldn't be the case? Surely they wouldn't be picking the low end to 'free up' lists? :rolleyes:
    And then there's the lad in Cork saying we could build a hospital for the money we are paying this lot. He obviously has a short memory when it comes to FG hospitals, you wouldn't get a toilet in for that.
    I wonder how much James Reilly's project in swords will cost him.
    Probably has them working double time to get it up an running before a vaccine is found.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    DOB and Larry Goodman are looking to make a tidy sum from their private hospitals. Is it still tax free as the extension still applies?
    I've heard of a few people that got called in for minor issues, private hospital, high bill, state paying, had been on a waiting list. Surely that couldn't be the case? Surely they wouldn't be picking the low end to 'free up' lists? :rolleyes:
    And then there's the lad in Cork saying we could build a hospital for the money we are paying this lot. He obviously has a short memory when it comes to FG hospitals, you wouldn't get a toilet in for that.
    I wonder how much James Reilly's project in swords will cost him.
    Probably has them working double time to get it up an running before a vaccine is found.

It terms of who is using the private hospital it was already discussed, a good plan in my eyes, do you not think so?

Build a hospital? By the time it’s built the crisis will be over and we would a hospital we don’t need or can’t pay for

Not sure what your going on about in the rest of the post....could you explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It terms of who is using the private hospital it was already discussed, a good plan in my eyes, do you not think so?

Build a hospital? By the time it’s built the crisis will be over and we would a hospital we don’t need or can’t pay for

Not sure what your going on about in the rest of the post....could you explain?

How many in the private hospitals? how much use are we getting out of them? unless they're being used the hundreds of millions are a Waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

smurgen wrote: »
    How many in the private hospitals? how much use are we getting out of them? unless they're being used the hundreds of millions are a Waste.

That's a silly statement
    The HSE needed to have the 1000's of extra beds available
    They chartered the city west hotel too,maybe you should get an injunction to stop that and the private hospitals being involved until we get the deal you want
    Yeah let's do that
    Fuck the sick and dying
    They can wait :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

people complaining about the health system being over prepared
    laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Mortelaro wrote: »
    That's a silly statement
    They chartered the city west hotel too,maybe you should get an injunction to stop that and the private hospitals being involved until we get the deal you want
    Yeah let's do that
    Fuck the sick and dying

Same person would be the first here ranting and raving if the government had a shortage of beds during the pandemic.

• Advertisement

Same person would be the first here ranting and raving if the government had a shortage of beds during the pandemic.

I am a retired mod here of several fora so have a habit of a lifetime checking posting history
    In the above case over 4000 whinges over about 10 years
    Every one of them that I saw and over the years I think I became pretty good at speed reading post summaries :eek:
    Thats level 10 not happy with anything ever

I am a retired mod here of several fora so have a habit of a lifetime checking posting history
    Every one of them that I saw and over the years I think I became prettygood at speed reading post summaries :eek:

With a certain few posters on here I have decided to use the ignore button. After asking numerous times for a example of a balanced post from the poster it failed to materialise so ignore list it is.

Can't handle all that moaning!! :P

That's a silly statement
    Yeah let's do that
    Fuck the sick and dying

So you think it was better to send nursing home patients from the hospital's back into the nusing homes?

With a certain few posters on here I have decided to use the ignore button. After asking numerous times for a example of a balanced post from the poster it failed to materialise so ignore list it is.

Can't handle all that moaning!! :P

Laughable. You were the same on the Keelings and Maria Bailey thread. Just kept reminding people it would all blow over and it was people whining til it became a big deal. Head in the sand type stuff.

people complaining about the health system being over prepared
    laughable

No. Using resources intelligently is the issue. It looks as if private hospitals that cost a bomb were left empty more or less. Meanwhile nursing home residents were transferred back into homes with Covid 19 spreading it like wildfire.

Every one of them that I saw and over the years I think I became pretty good at speed reading post summaries :eek:

Unsurprising attack to be honest reminds me of the old Bertie Ahearn quote in 2007 before his government ran the country into the wall "sitting on the sidelines, cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide"
    If you don't like my moaning you can always put me on mute.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Unsurprising attack to be honest reminds me of the old Bertie Ahearn quote in 2007 before his government ran the country into the wall "sitting on the sidelines, cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide"
    If you don't like my moaning you can always put me on mute.

Do you never get tired of listening to yourself? Moaning and whinging on the internet all day every day must take a serious toll on your health. I feel sorry for you.

Ballso wrote: »
    Do you never get tired of listening to yourself? Moaning and whinging on the internet all day every day must take a serious toll on your health. I feel sorry for you.

Do you ever get tired of exaggerating? 'All day every day'???? :D:D

Noticable that the 3 thanks you got so far on your post are from 3 posters who have patrolled this thread (which is about FG after all) trying to shut down the discussion of mistakes and lapses of FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do you ever get tired of exaggerating? 'All day every day'???? :D:D

Noticable that the 3 thanks you got so far on your post are from 3 posters who have patrolled this thread (which is about FG after all) trying to shut down the discussion of mistakes and lapses of FG.

If there was a prize for a post lacking in self-awareness, this post would win all day.

The combined total of posts on this thread by the three posters you mention is 370 (one of them only posted 11 times).

Your posts from a single poster are 570, 200 more than the combined number of posts by the "3 posters who have patrolled this thread".

Edit: Just added in Montelaro, the poster whose post you complained about, and the 4 combined patrolmen are still 42 posts short of your total.

Sometimes, you really can't make it up.

If there was a prize for a post lacking in self-awareness, this post would win all day.

The combined total of posts on this thread by the three posters you mention is 370 (one of them only posted 11 times).

Your posts from a single poster are 570, 200 more than the combined number of posts by the "3 posters who have patrolled this thread".

Now look at the amount of posts from them that are censorial or 'look over there' type posts.

Others wish to discuss the issues brought about by FG. And that is the reason their post count is high...there are plenty of issues.

• Advertisement

Edit: Just added in Montelaro, the poster whose post you complained about, and the 4 combined patrolmen are still 42 posts short of your total.

You got Mortelaro with a bit of friendly fire there. I said nothing about him/her.

You just 'made that up'. :)

I have most of them on ignore list, it is funny when you go onto a page and all you have is a list of posts saying ignored, one after another all from the same posters. I don't even have to read them to know they are dribble......

I have most of them on ignore list, it is funny when you go onto a page and all you have is a list of posts saying ignored, one after another all from the same posters. I don't even have to read them to know they are dribble......

And just on cue to provide a classic example of the type of post I am talking about. :D:D

So you think it was better to send nursing home patients from the hospital's back into the nusing homes?

I said nothing about nursing homes in that post
    I just thought that your complaint that the HSE had rushed into an agreement with private hospitals bizarre for the reasons I stated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

So back on topic for this thread.

It appears there has been a very lukewarm response by the Green's to the FF/FG reply.

https://static.rasset.ie/documents/news/2020/04/greens-response-final.pdf

Is this the end of the road to government formation, or do people think that the Green's will significantly compromise in their demands?
    Their 7% reduction in carbon emissions red-line has been given a very definite NO.

I thinkl the main piece I would like to see is how the greens want to hit the 7% per year, what is the plan. I would be very interested to see

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

efanton wrote: »
    So back on topic for this thread.

It appears there has been a very lukewarm response by the Green's to the FF/FG reply.

https://static.rasset.ie/documents/news/2020/04/greens-response-final.pdf

Is this the end of the road to government formation, or do people think that the Green's will significantly compromise in their demands?
    Their 7% reduction in carbon emissions red-line has been given a very definite NO.

Is a govt formation required before June for SW and other commitments to continue and if a govt can't be formed how can a new election be undertaken under the current circumstances?
    Would MM have to make a significant compromise with SF if no other alternative is available?

Interesting times ahead.

Ballso wrote: »

I'm rarely on this during the day due to work. Tell me would you rather that people who didn't agree with your posts not post? What would be the point of boards?

Don't feel sorry for me I'm doing good in life and healthy. Save if for poor misfortunes who need it.

Lads to be honest the rate you guys police boards and keep metrics leads me to believe it means a hell of a lot more to ye. I don't know how to count your posts and care less about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

I'm rarely on this during the day due to work. Tell me would you rather that people who didn't agree with your posts not post? What would be the point of boards?

Don't feel sorry for me I'm doing good in life and healthy. Save if for poor misfortunes who need it.

Another self employed small business owner who would like to pay more tax if SF were in government.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement