Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

efanton wrote: »
    Their 7% reduction in carbon emissions red-line has been given a very definite NO.

And that seemed to be Ryan's headline redline.

Can't see it going much further with the Greens unless they are actually desperate to get the government gig. I suspect Ryan is but the rest of them aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Another self employed small business owner who would like to pay more tax if SF were in government.

For me it's value for money that's the issue. I'll merrily pay more for quality services and a functioning society. I don't care who sorts it.
    For some reason a two tier economy and a society in numerous national record breaking crises is FG's idea of sorting things. It's saddening to hear how they hope to return us to that 'normal' after Covid. The Irish MIGA, when it might have been great for some.

Speaking of Covid. I see Varadkar flouting rules for yet another photo op.

00144526-600.jpg

Close quarters, no masks. An alleged medical professional and the health Minister. Good lads. Be sure and put a nice filter on that for Insta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Bowie wrote: »
    Close quarters, no masks. An alleged medical professional and the health Minister. Good lads. Be sure and put a nice filter on that for Insta.

Hard to tell anything from a photo. Did you see them with your own eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Another self employed small business owner who would like to pay more tax if SF were in government.

I've no problems paying more tax as long as it's not squandered. No idea what SF or small business has to do with the FG thread but just said I'd humour you nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    Lads to be honest the rate you guys police boards and keep metrics leads me to believe it means a hell of a lot more to ye. I don't know how to count your posts and care less about it.

From the main menu for the forum, click on the number of posts in a thread, and a pop-up opens up with the name of posters and a number for their posts, takes about 2 seconds, and maybe another 5 to spot the correct posters and add up in your head the number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭mattser

blanch152 wrote: »
    If there was a prize for a post lacking in self-awareness, this post would win all day.

The combined total of posts on this thread by the three posters you mention is 370 (one of them only posted 11 times).

Your posts from a single poster are 570, 200 more than the combined number of posts by the "3 posters who have patrolled this thread".

Edit: Just added in Montelaro, the poster whose post you complained about, and the 4 combined patrolmen are still 42 posts short of your total.

Sometimes, you really can't make it up.
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I have most of them on ignore list, it is funny when you go onto a page and all you have is a list of posts saying ignored, one after another all from the same posters. I don't even have to read them to know they are dribble......
    From the main menu for the forum, click on the number of posts in a thread, and a pop-up opens up with the name of posters and a number for their posts, takes about 2 seconds, and maybe another 5 to spot the correct posters and add up in your head the number.

Perma whinge central are particulary vexed today. You know they're on the ropes when you see the out of context smilies.

Yep, I can see them. No masks and standing less than 2 metres from each other.

Unless it's photoshopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

00144526-600.jpg

That's taken with a zoom lens which shrinks distance's in favour of depth
    Nice try at dredging the FG hate barrel though

Yep, I can see them. No masks and standing less than 2 metres from each other.

Unless it's photoshopped.

Did they stand there for more than 15 minutes?

If I go into my local supermarket I am asked not to stand within 2 metres of anybody for any length of time.

Here is the advice from the government site, no mention of 15 minutes.
    maintain physical distancing, that is, leave at least 2 metres (6 feet) distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever

There was plenty of room there to maintain it, maybe they stepped closer for the photo op?

• Advertisement

If I go into my local supermarket I am asked not to stand within 2 metres of anybody for any length of time.

Here is the advice from the government site, no mention of 15 minutes.

There was plenty of room there to maintain it, maybe they stepped closer for the photo op?

If they did step together for the photo op, it was probably as long as I stepped close to the cashier at the supermarket yesterday. A complete non-issue if it was only for those few seconds.

15 minutes is the 2nd part of close contact definition
    First being inside 2 metres for that length of time
    If they did step together for the photo op, it was probably as long as I stepped close to the cashier at the supermarket yesterday. A complete non-issue if it was only for those few seconds.

Its unlikely
    The photographers lens would be behind the group and zooming
    The near field nurse for example,her hand partially blocks the view of leo meaning he is both behind and to the side of the nurses
    Both adding to distance but only one directly obvious
    In addition in the photo,Leo is the full width of the partition wall near the door
    Leo is not that wide! It's just the distortion of zoom
    I'd say they were all probably roughly 6 ft apart alright maybe more

Maybe, maybe not.

Shefwed seemed to be having difficulty in seeing what was in the photo...I pointed out I could see people standing closer than 2 mts to each other and not wearing masks. That is without doubt what is happening in the photo unless it is photoshopped.

It wouldn't be the first time that guidelines for the rest of us were ignored for a photo op. (I can back that up if required)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭mattser

Mortelaro wrote: »

Its unlikely
    The near field nurse for example,her hand partially blocks the view of leo meaning he is both behind and to the side of the nurses
    In addition in the photo,Leo is the full width of the partition wall near the door

Just saw it on RTE News. No problem with the social distancing there. The harbingers of doom talking BS as usual.

efanton wrote: »
    So back on topic for this thread.

It appears there has been a very lukewarm response by the Green's to the FF/FG reply.

https://static.rasset.ie/documents/news/2020/04/greens-response-final.pdf

Is this the end of the road to government formation, or do people think that the Green's will significantly compromise in their demands?
    Their 7% reduction in carbon emissions red-line has been given a very definite NO.
    Not a No
    I expect all this working from home experience in the last few weeks might make that target much more achievable

Meanwhile the response so far to the letter from one green T. D was that it was a reasonable letter

mattser wrote: »
    Just saw it on RTE News. No problem with the social distancing there. The harbingers of doom talking BS as usual.

Its just the fine Gael hate barrel, Quite irrational at times
    Its dredged when there's little to complain about, so let's make things up becomes the desperation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It terms of who is using the private hospital it was already discussed, a good plan in my eyes, do you not think so?

Build a hospital? By the time it’s built the crisis will be over and we would a hospital we don’t need or can’t pay for

Not sure what your going on about in the rest of the post....could you explain?
    The buliding of a hospital is all you got from that? That wasn't even a point.

Besides, this pandemic is probably a good reason why the hospitals should have been built years ago.
    Absolutely insane that we are paying €115 per month to the private hospitals.
    Wasn't it Ende who claimed FG would end the scandal of the trolleys? More Bullsh*t with nothing done, and here we are reaping the benefits.
    If we had invested in hospitals correctly in the first place, which has been promised almost every election, we wouldn't be wasting so much on them now. In the meantime, we still have a €2.5 billion childrens hospital being built because nobody could get a quote that stuck.. :rolleyes:

Its just the fine Gael hate barrel,

ha ha...you should have a look at tghe Shinner hate barrel on here sometime. Funnily enough, the same posters on the FG defence team here are on the hate the shinner team too.

Except what I described.
    That's what we use photos for. There's slew of them on the DCU FB page.

If you think the conduct in the photo is fine and believe this photo op essential despite a global pandemic were people are asked to only leave their homes if no other option, cool.
    That's taken with a zoom lens which shrinks distance's in favour of depth
    Nice try at dredging the FG hate barrel though

See above.
    Did you read the first line of your comment before you wrote the second? :)

Desperate. How many minutes does a virus take to spread from one person to another, is it 16 minutes? Did you get that off Harris? Maybe he was talking about one of the other 18 Covids?

Its unlikely

Who's dredging the what now? :)

You know the lens the photographer used and how they used it and the illusion it gave.....
    Were the masks shopped out?

21_milhouse_190x190.jpg

• Advertisement

Desperate. How many minutes does a virus take to spread from one person to another, is it 16 minutes? Did you get that off Harris? Maybe he was talking about one of the other 18 Covids?

You know the lens the photographer used and how they used it and the illusion it gave.....

I saw the 6pm news yes the photographers and the distance
    You are wrong
    Own it

21_milhouse_190x190.jpg

I thought the 'CSI Ireland' forensics used in that post to be amazing. :D

I saw the 6pm news yes the photographers and the distance
    You are wrong
    Own it

Own it? I own seeing a photo of a needless photo op and commenting on it. Don't be so precious.
    Did he need be there? No masks visiting an assessment center? Another op for the lads.

Edit:

Just watched it myself. That angle isn't even in the clip but it does show about two feet between Varadkar and Paul Reid. Not that it matters, but seeing as you thought the news explained things. TBF, I don't know what lenses were involved and sure what with green screen and all... :rolleyes:

Own it? I own seeing a photo of a needless photo op and commenting on it. Don't be so precious.
    Did he need be there? No masks visiting an assessment center? Another op for the lads.

He's standing opposite the head of the HSE who is eminently more qualified than you to know if masks are required

As for the photo, you rushed to judgement rather than accept my as it turns out rather accurate assessment
    That's me giving you the benefit of the doubt though as a good photographer would know

Tbh,I'm surprised you and your colleagues here wouldn't know that from using the sights on a rifle during practice
    Same principle :D

Tbh,I'm surprised you and your colleagues here wouldn't know that from using the sights on a rifle during practice

As sure a sign an argument has been lost as you can get on here. Brilliant!

He's standing opposite the head of the HSE who is eminently more qualified than you to know if masks are required

As for the photo, you rushed to judgement rather than accept my as it turns out rather accurate assessment
    That's me giving you the benefit of the doubt though as a good photographer would know

Is he? Possibly. But you know the Health minister thought Covid 19 was named because 18 others came before it. You go on making excuses sure. I just commented on what I saw in a photo and on a news video broadcast.
    Rushed to judgement? I stand by observations of a photo. You say your assessment is accurate, grand so...
    Are you assigning benefit of the doubt on my seeing a photo and commenting on it? Em..thanks?

And here we have it. The nasty sour grapes of a party came third in an election. Pathetic.
    You can't even ignore or merely give a FG 'so what' to comments on a photograph.
    I'm not in the FG/Tans and never shot an Irish person wanting rid of your Empire ;)

Edit: just looked him up. He is not more qualified than I. Neither of us are health professionals.
    https://ie.linkedin.com/in/paul-reid-0708721a

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Don't know if it was on this thread or not, I definitely didn't see it anyway, but the sheer luck of the travellers in D15 to just have none other than Leo Varadkar randomly selected to be on-site at the testing session set up in their community.

I thought Leo was only going to be doing phone assessments though?

Linky

Edit:

Just watched it myself. That angle isn't even in the clip but it does show about two feet between Varadkar and Paul Reid. Not that it matters, but seeing as you thought the news explained things. TBF, I don't know what lenses were involved and sure what with green screen and all... :rolleyes:

Keep digging.....hahaha

As sure a sign an argument has been lost as you can get on here. Brilliant!

It's a sport for them and their team desperately needs a win. Desperate being the tone.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Don't know if it was on this thread or not, I definitely didn't see it anyway, but the sheer luck of the travellers in D15 to just have none other than Leo Varadkar randomly selected to be on-site at the testing session set up in their community.

I thought Leo was only going to be doing phone assessments though?

Linky

Your very desperate now.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement