Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bowie wrote: »
    Clare Daly and that whole drunk driving thing or Paul Murphy having his home raided at dawn or the Garda giving the same false 'evidence' at his trial or Tusla accidentally putting Garda McCabe down as a child molester? Can you be specific?
    Or if you're talking further back Flanagan's father and his hatred of the Jews? be specific.

I frankly don't care about drunk driving or who gets off it or gets proscecuted. It is one of the oldest pastimes in this country.

Garda corruption has nothing to do with FG doing nothing for the next 5 years. Stay on topic please.

But following home TD's ? Eh?

If you want the specifics I have no problem posting the link. Go and ask the party whip , he was the one screaming for the SCC to be torn down because his boys got caught at it.

Anti-semitism has nothing to do with FG. Throw as much mud as you like. In fact go and ask your party whip about his opinion on Israel while you are at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    So no comment on the spy ring then?

You cannot back up a statement you made but now insist on 'changing the subject' and want me to comment on something a couple of members did 18 years ago?

I think we are done with the fabulous sidetrack tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Are you accusing FG of directing the above?
    You've a vivid imagination

Did I say that? I was looking for clarity on what 'sending heavies' entailed.
    By the way, we done with FF being FG's 'last option'?

Try not to go down the inferring I said something and then casting judgement on your created inference. It's tiresome and dishonest.

I frankly don't care about drunk driving or who gets off it or gets proscecuted. It is one of the oldest pastimes in this country.

Garda corruption has nothing to do with FG doing nothing for the next 5 years. Stay on topic please.

But following home TD's ? Eh?

If you want the specifics I have no problem posting the link. Go and ask the party whip , he was the one screaming for the SCC to be torn down because his boys got caught at it.

Anti-semitism has nothing to do with FG. Throw as much mud as you like. In fact go and ask your party whip about his opinion on Israel while you are at it?

Who is FG following home, as we're on topic? FYI: Flanagan's father, a FG TD, was openly antisemitic. True story.
    I have no party. I'd merrily vote SD/SF/PBP and a smattering of others with the same vigor.
    I very much support FG's Coveney on Israeli matters.

Are you accusing FG of directing the above?
    You've a vivid imagination

Well, apparently if a party member does something the entire party apparatus are responsible and can be held for responsible for 20 years.
    That means FG are responsible for multiple counts of corruption, grievous bodily harm, sexual abuse offences etc etc....that's just off the top of my head.

This is how it works according to IAMAMORAN

• Advertisement

You cannot back up a statement you made but now insist on 'changing the subject' and want me to comment on something a couple of members did 18 years ago?

I think we are done with the fabulous sidetrack tbh.

I think you need to take your head out of the sand Francie. Have a look at what is happening pal.

Why no answer on the Spy ring? Why are you deflecting this one?

I think you need to take your head out of the sand Francie. Have a look at what is happening pal.

Why no answer on the Spy ring? Why are you deflecting this one?

This a YFG spy ring? Because otherwise....
    nothing to do with FG doing nothing for the next 5 years. Stay on topic please.

Who is FG following home, as we're on topic? FYI: Flanagan's father, a FG TD, was openly antisemitic. True story.
    I have no party. I'd merrily vote SD/SF/PBP and a smattering of others with the same vigor.
    I very much support FG's Coveney on Israeli matters.

What do you think about the Sinn Fein policy on the Special Criminal Court? Is that why you are voting for them?

What do you think about the Sinn Fein policy on the Special Criminal Court? Is that why you are voting for them?

Tbf that lad that got convicted for having a pipe with a hole drilled in it,during the week isnt exactly a ringing endorsement of the SCC

Housing and a hope that we get a government that look after the tax payer not Goldman Sachs and Denis O'Brien. Mostly because they're not FF/FG. Same reasons I vote where I vote elsewhere.

You seem to be spinning about and hitting out. This is the third time, (fifth or sixth all told) you tried to divert the thread into a shinner thread since telling me off for not sticking to the thread topic. One rule for FG different ones for the rest of us? Sure isn't that how FG operate.

• Advertisement

Tbf that lad that got convicted for having a pipe with a hole drilled in it,during the week isnt exactly a ringing endorsement of the SCC

What lad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Well, apparently if a party member does something the entire party apparatus are responsible and can be held for responsible for 20 years.
    That means FG are responsible for multiple counts of corruption, grievous bodily harm, sexual abuse offences etc etc....that's just off the top of my head.

This is how it works according to IAMAMORAN

In all fairness now,he's probably referring to Slab,who'd be a bit more than an ordinary member of Sinn Féin

Which FG minister directed Claire Dalys arrest? Or those other things Matt mentioned?

Housing and a hope that we get a government that look after the tax payer not Goldman Sachs and Denis O'Brien. Mostly because they're not FF/FG. Same reasons I vote where I vote elsewhere.

You seem to be spinning about and hitting out. This is the third time, (fifth or sixth all told) you tried to divert the thread into a shinner thread since telling me off for not sticking to the thread topic. One rule for FG different ones for the rest of us? Sure isn't that how FG operate.

Grand, nice one thanks.

What lad?

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/home/539422/monaghan-mechanic-found-guilty-of-ira-membership-has-conviction-upheld.html

IMO,,theres nowhere near enough evidence presented here to justify taking away someones freedom?

Like i dozens of different lengths of scrap metal.in my workshop,its not inconceivable id have similar thrown somewhere,im most deffo not a bomb maker or paramilitary (must get around to tidying it :O )

In all fairness now,he's probably referring to Slab,who'd be a bit more than an ordinary member of Sinn Féin

He isn't a member of SF, according to Adams and Conor Murphy. Apparently though, he is one of those who has secretly directed SF to become the most popular party in the country in order to stop people like him coming under public scrutiny. :)

Gas theory ain't it?
    Which FG minister directed Claire Dalys arrest? Or those other things Matt mentioned?

You want me to answer for something I didn't say now?

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/home/539422/monaghan-mechanic-found-guilty-of-ira-membership-has-conviction-upheld.html

IMO,,theres nowhere near enough evidence presented here to justify taking away someones freedom?

Like i dozens of different lengths of scrap metal.in my workshop,its not inconceivable id have similar thrown somewhere,im most deffo not a bomb maker or paramilitary (must get around to tidying it :O )

The link won't work for me, sorry.

This one from the Anglo Celt works grand for me.

https://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2020/05/01/4189091-mechanics-conviction-for-ira-membership-upheld/

In fairness spamming this thread with legal decisions on IRA members is hardly appropriate.

I doubt Leo or Helen McEntee would know the first thing about building pipe bombs in their shed either.

What do you reckon he was at, building fox traps?

Did I say that? I was looking for clarity on what 'sending heavies' entailed.
    By the way, we done with FF being FG's 'last option'?
    huh?
    Theres a big difference between last resort and last option
    FG as I rightly said to you never ruled out going with FF as a last resort if theres no government minus FG on offer and of course there isn't
    Try not to go down the inferring I said something and then casting judgement on your created inference. It's tiresome and dishonest.
    Oh..
    What were you saying if you weren't making an equivalence between Claire Dalys arrest and what was in the post about SF ?
    Please clarify thanks

This one from the Anglo Celt works grand for me.

https://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2020/05/01/4189091-mechanics-conviction-for-ira-membership-upheld/

In fairness spamming this thread with legal decisions on IRA members is hardly appropriate.

I doubt Leo or Helen McEntee would know the first thing about building pipe bombs in their shed either.

What do you reckon he was at, building fox traps?

Tbf yous introduced the special criminal.court to the thread,cant complain then when its discussed??

This wasnt even in a locked shed,could been anyone....but yeah,i dont think a pipe with a hole drilled in it,is suffice to take away peoples freedom (nor having more than 1 phone,ive 2)

Like surely this type of conviction needs discussing,(it could as easy be me like!) in context of reforming the SCC??

Tbf yous introduced the special criminal.court to the thread,cant complain then when its discussed??

This wasnt even in a locked shed,could been anyone....but yeah,i dont think a pipe with a hole drilled in it,is suffice to take away peoples freedom (nor having more than 1 phone,ive 2)

Like surely this type of conviction needs discussing,(it could as easy be me like!) in context of reforming the SCC??

To clarify, I was hoping to discuss Fine Gael's opposition to the Sinn Féin proposals concerning the removal of the Special Criminal Court.

I don't want to really get bogged down on any of its decisions ( the SCC's). But as long as it is sending chunts to prison, especially ones building pipe bombs or grenade launchers being used to harm people I have no problem with it. Unless of course it was all a big mistake and he was planning on catching a few rabbits. Then it is a tragic discourse of justice and should be brought to the attention of the High Court and submitted for judicial review. But such discussion is off topic here.

This is a political debate in fairness. I don't know how to catch rabbits.

To clarify, I was hoping to discuss Fine Gael's opposition to the Sinn Féin proposals concerning the removal of the Special Criminal Court.

I don't want to really get bogged down on any of its decisions ( the SCC's). But as long as it is sending chunts to prison, especially ones building pipe bombs or grenade launchers being used to harm people I have no problem with it. Unless of course it was all a big mistake and he was planning on catching a few rabbits. Then it is a tragic discourse of justice and should be brought to the attention of the High Court and submitted for judicial review. But such discussion is off topic here.

So we're clear,youd be happy to see family members sent down for possession of a pipe with a hole in it?

Removal or reform,noone should be doing years in jail on what to me seems little to no evidence...the birmingham 6,had more evidence linking them.to bombings,than this lad

Even put the removal before a referendum is future imo

• Advertisement

FG don't want to countenance any criticism of the SCC by many concerned parties, including Amnesty International, former President Mary Robinson, SF, PBP and many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The downcow defence.

It's working here btw.

Brendan, are you accusing FG of using the Garda for political reasons? You've some imagination, possibly.

So we're clear,youd be happy to see family members sent down for possession of a pipe with a hole in it?

Removal or reform,noone should be doing years in jail on what to me seems little to no evidence...the birmingham 6,had more evidence linking them.to bombings,than this lad

Even put the removal before a referendum is future imo

Sincerely bring it up in the legal discussion. If you think he is innocent you need to lay out your reasons there, this is a political discussion.

I would not know how to start building a rabbit catcher, I mean that.

British judicial corruption has nothing to do with Fine Gael either.

Brendan, are you accusing FG of using the Garda for political reasons? You've some imagination, possibly.

Brendan :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ah C'mon now suggesting fg ministers might use the Gards as their own personal police force is a bit ott tbf.

Gardai acting like a private police force for Regina Doherty

Wouldn't ever happen. No sirrrreeeee.

Sincerely bring it up in the legal discussion. If you think he is innocent you need to lay out your reasons there, this is a political discussion.

You accused a political party of profiting off fuel smuggling and diesel laundering.

You are being a tad hypocritical here.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ah C'mon now suggesting fg ministers might use the Gards as their own personal police force is a bit ott tbf.

Gardai acting like a private police force for Regina Doherty

Wouldn't ever happen. No sirrrreeeee.

Spurious
    Nothing there other than Gardai must act on a report or complaint
    How about evidence of corruption ie a minister directing Daly be stopped like I asked or the purpose of Matt throwing a few irrelevant items into a discussion

huh?
    Theres a big difference between last resort and last option
    FG as I rightly said to you never ruled out going with FF as a last resort if theres no government minus FG on offer and of course there isn't.

You said FF were a last resort when in fact they were first pick. First was relishing opposition. Then they decided to try form a government with FF. Can you show how your 'last resort' claim plays into this?
    You just need own these facts. Why go in with FF and try pretend your hand was forced? Playing politics is grand and all but the days of FG pretending they grudgingly did it for Ireland are long gone, if they were ever there at all.
    Oh..
    What were you saying if you weren't making an equivalence between Claire Dalys arrest and what was in the post about SF ?
    Please clarify thanks

The poster mentioned 'sending heavies' after a TD. I gave examples in an effort to find clarity in what that poster was trying to say. So equivalent to what? We don't know.

• Advertisement

To clarify, I was hoping to discuss Fine Gael's opposition to the Sinn Féin proposals concerning the removal of the Special Criminal Court....

That's not entirely how it seems.
    You raised SF, got asked for clarity then asked me why I'd give SF a vote and was it because of their stance on the SCC. You're in a spin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement