Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You accused a political party of profiting off fuel smuggling and diesel laundering.

You are being a tad hypocritical here.

Francie I am bored now, we will talk again.

Take it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Spurious
    Nothing there other than Gardai must act on a report or complaint
    How about evidence of corruption ie a minister directing Daly be stopped like I asked or the purpose of Matt throwing a few irrelevant items into a discussion

Who is 'Matt' referring to? You asked me about that post too?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Francie I am bored now, we will talk again.

Take it easy.

Sure you are. :)

Sincerely bring it up in the legal discussion. If you think he is innocent you need to lay out your reasons there, this is a political discussion.

I would not know how to start building a rabbit catcher, I mean that.

British judicial corruption has nothing to do with Fine Gael either.

Mate you brought up the SCC,dont throw toys out of pram when its pointed out the obvious flaws in it,and that discussing reform/removal of it,is long overdue

The troubles are over with 20 odd years,and we still have peoples liberty being removed for what seems near on zero evidence

I have never said he is innocent or otherwise,just that to.me,noone should be in jail for years,based on what he is (how can.FG,who tradionally stood on a law&order platform stand over this??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Spurious
    Nothing there other than Gardai must act on a report or complaint
    How about evidence of corruption ie a minister directing Daly be stopped like I asked or the purpose of Matt throwing a few irrelevant items into a discussion

Brendan, why ask me for comments only for you to ignore my replies? The discussion was someone sending heavies after TD's. I gave examples and asked is that what he was referring to. I clarified that for you but you are willfully feigning ignorance for some reason. It's like your 'FF are FG's last resort' fantasy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Bowie wrote: »
    You said FF were a last resort when in fact they were first pick. First was relishing opposition. Then they decided to try form a government with FF. Can you show how your 'last resort' claim plays into this?
    You just need own these facts. Why go in with FF and try pretend your hand was forced? Playing politics is grand and all but the days of FG pretending they grudgingly did it for Ireland are long gone, if they were ever there at all.
    No I did not
    For the avoidance of all doubt, when leo was asked at one of the pre election debates if he'd go into government with FF ,rather than rule it out,he said he'd only go in if it was the last resort
    That last resort is here,no government without FG is possible despite everyone trying

The poster mentioned 'sending heavies' after a TD. I gave examples in an effort to find clarity in what that poster was trying to say. So equivalent to what? We don't know.

So for the avoidance of doubt what were your examples exactly examples of? That FG can send the Gardai after rivals?
    Or what exactly, you never said

No I did not
    For the avoidance of all doubt, when leo was asked at one of the pre election debates if he'd go into government with FF ,rather than rule it out,he said he'd only go in if it was the last resort
    That last resort is here,no government without FG is possible despite everyone trying

Keep up. Not at last resort by any means. https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1257743788056993797

Keep up. Not at last resort by any means. https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1257743788056993797

Yeah,a bit like man United asking Cardiff for a loan of the cup when liverpool have it
    No numbers ,just noise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Very convenient.

Why not last week or the week before?

Was nothing stopping him then.

Yeah,a bit like man United asking Cardiff for a loan of the cup when liverpool have it
    No numbers ,just noise

Same could be said of FG/FF/Greens efforts so far.
    But what it shows is that it is definitely not 'last resort territory'.

Wrong again there.

• Advertisement

Very convenient.

What was stopping FF/FG getting together?

Same could be said of FG/FF/Greens efforts so far.
    But what it shows is that it is definitely not 'last resort territory'.

Wrong again there.

Well then maybe its time for SF to step up so.

You said the numbers weren't there all along.

Now you say its not last resort territory.

Well the left should get around to forming a government if what Mary Lou said is true.

That FF or FG in government would be a disaster.

Then do something about it Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Very convenient.

You obviously didn't bother reading the letters attached in the tweet, because it specifically explains why.

No numbers ,just noise

McMurphy wrote: »
    You obviously didn't bother reading the letters attached in the tweet, because it specifically explains why.

Oh I'll have a read now so thanks.

Well then maybe its time for SF to step up so.

You said the numbers weren't there all along.

Now you say its not last resort territory.

Well the left should get around to forming a government if what Mary Lou said is true.

That FF or FG in government would be a disaster.

Then do something about it Mary.

I never said a thing about 'numbers'.

Wrong again.

Just read it there.

All bluff and all for show.

Load of nonsense.

How convenient.

If he really wanted to keep FF and FG out he would have properly tried.

He had 12 weeks.

Now we get a letter stating he's suddenly concerned.

No numbers ,just noise

Another 'argument' in trouble? Sounds like it.

Another 'argument' in trouble? Sounds like it.

Try as you might,you lost the last tete a tete because you asserted we dont have a government when the constitution says we do and uses no other word only government

It's not my fault that votes against working with SF add up to more than 80
    So yeah PBP's proposal is in trouble alright

Try as you might,you lost the last tete a tete because you asserted we dont have a government when the constitution says we do and uses no other word only government

Embarrassing for SF that PBP step up and try again to form a government.

SF hiding all along as we suspected.

• Advertisement

Oh look, a deflection. :)

You can have any opinion you want on the success of this move, knock yourself out with the disparaging and sniping it, I would expect no less.

What you cannot do is portray FF/FG/Greens effort as a 'last resort' no matter how much you try to deflect. Sorry for your troubles.

Embarrassing for SF that PBP step up and try again to form a government.

SF hiding all along as we suspected.

Except it is PBP that are having second thoughts now, as it was they who walked away from the last discussions.
    Solidarity-People Before Profit TD Richard Boyd-Barrett said he did not believe there would be sufficient TDs for an alternative coalition of progressive parties led by Sinn Féin.

Oh look, a deflection. :)

You can have any opinion you want on the success of this move, knock yourself out with the disparaging and sniping it, I would expect no less.

What you cannot do is portray FF/FG/Greens effort as a 'last resort' no matter how much you try to deflect. Sorry for your troubles.

But it is the last resort, its the only workable prospect bar another election
    There are 80 td's+ who will not vote to install a government that includes SF

On the other matter,come back to me when you get that constitution wording changed

But it is the last resort, its the only workable prospect bar another election
    There are 80 td's+ who will not vote to install a government that includes SF

On the other matter,come back to me when you get that constitution wording changed

Was there a vote? I must have missed that.

Was there a vote? I must have missed that.

On you being a magician? No

On you being a magician? No

The only vote for a Taoiseach in the Dáil that I am aware of saw MLMD of SF get the highest number of votes.
    So your opinion has gotten in the way of the facts. Until somebody wins that vote the game isn't over.

And a game it is. A month ago The Greens categorically ruled out a coalition with FF and FG. And yet tomorrow they enter formal talks with FG and FF.
    PBP haven't given up either, neither, according to SF, have they.

So 'last resort' is not where we are at...except in your head maybe. 'Hope springing eternal', I think that is called.

The only vote for a Taoiseach in the Dáil that I am aware of saw MLMD of SF get the highest number of votes.
    So your opinion has gotten in the way of the facts. Until somebody wins that vote the game isn't over.

And a game it is. A month ago The Greens categorically ruled out a coalition with FF and FG. And yet tomorrow they enter formal talks with FG and FF.
    PBP haven't given up either, neither, according to SF, have they.

So 'last resort' is not where we are at...except in your head maybe. 'Hope springing eternal', I think that is called.

That's all well and good if that's actually your opinion, I doubt that it is
    it's just waffle really
    The numbers aren't there
    Unless you're a magician

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Can you supply copies of these letters? Surely they would be available under FOI?

Actually, for the craic why don't you name the councillors ? I would love to hear about the disenfranchised FG ones for starters, go on spit them out why don't ya?

The FF ones are in Donegal, Ciaran Brogan and Patrick McGowan , full letter is on Donegal Daily website, up to yourself to look it up.

That's all well and good if that's actually your opinion, I doubt that it is
    it's just waffle really
    The numbers aren't there
    Unless you're a magician

So what 'magician' waved a wand a month ago and got The Greens into formal talks when they had categorically ruled it out? Michael Marti was adamant he wouldn't go into a grand coalition with FG, yet suddenly, now it is possible. (If you want me to play the clip of him actually saying it to voters, I can link)

It is clear things/positions/wants can change in a heartbeat.

But no...your 'opinion' trumps the facts.

• Advertisement

You'd need a magician to remove 80 odd votes against
    A wave of a wand I suppose
    Whoosh.. Abbra Cadabra
    We wont mention any puff of smoke

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement