Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

aido79 wrote: »

In which Leo says that 'it is possible to hold the exam within public health guidelines' and the article points to the 'specific issues' surrounding a decision.
    1. Unions
    2. Other Parties
    3. Discussion of other mechanisms for measuring student attainment, such as predicted grading and school profiling.
    4. The difficulty of maintaining social distance between students.
    5. Discussion of the feasibility of using existing data, such as school track records to arrive at alternative ways of assessing students.
    6. Discussion of the feasibility of awarding predicted grades.

I'm NOT seeing anything there that says; The problem is that everyone is not following the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You seem to not know the difference between 'when all else has failed ' and 'when all else has failed without FG'

As for your rants
    Carry on...

Ah, you see someone trying to explain facts to you as ranting. Fair enough.

FG trying to form a government with FF was not a last resort. It was an option they chose to accept.

In which Leo says that 'it is possible to hold the exam within public health guidelines' and the article points to the 'specific issues' surrounding a decision.
    1. Unions
    2. Other Parties
    3. Discussion of other mechanisms for measuring student attainment, such as predicted grading and school profiling.
    5. Discussion of the feasibility of using existing data, such as school track records to arrive at alternative ways of assessing students.

I'm NOT seeing anything there that says; The problem is that everyone is not following the rules.

Surely a leaving cert is easist of all to ensure social distancing with??

Just use extra rooms and testers to ensure social distancing measures?

Students being off since march,and the different ways,different teachers have of teaching,seems to be only downfall as curriculm may not be finisged enough??

Students being off since march,and the different ways,different teachers have of teaching,seems to be only downfall as curriculm may not be finisged enough??

If you were designing a building for effective social distancing a 'school' like building is what you would probably end up with.
    As the list shows, it looks like it is the least of the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

1. Unions
    2. Other Parties

All plans that the government makes for a way back to normality relies on everyone to follow the rules. You shouldn't need the news to tell you that at this stage. This includes the leaving cert.

• Advertisement

All plans that the government makes for a way back to normality relies on everyone to follow the rules. You shouldn't need the news to tell you that at this stage. This includes the leaving cert.

Oh lord, not another poster who is just going to keep digging and deny what has been put in front of them.

Blaming the behaviour of 'the people' as the principal reason for no decision on the Leaving Cert is just typical, arrogant, defensive bluffing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Bowie wrote: »
    Ah, you see someone trying to explain facts to you as ranting. Fair enough.
    most of the posts from you I've replied to are your opinions not facts,laden with hyperbole
    FG trying to form a government with FF was not a last resort. It was an option they chose to accept.
    But there is no other option for a government to be formed
    Numbers arent there for anything including SF
    Ergo last resort QED
    Like it or lump it

Social distancing is only part of the issue.

Have you had an experience with online study or distance learning? It's very different to traditional learning and doesn't suit a lot of people. It's a big disadvantage for a lot of students before you even consider lack of access to technology and other issues that some students have.

Blaming the behaviour of 'the people' as the principal reason for no decision on the Leaving Cert is just typical, arrogant, defensive bluffing.

It may have escaped you but the lock down we are in,the actual lock down,is blaming the people for spreading the virus
    I'm afraid your premise holds no water (again)

Oh lord, not another poster who is just going to keep digging and deny what has been put in front of them.

I never said it was the principle issue did I?

• Advertisement

most of the posts from you I've replied to are your opinions not facts,laden with hyperbole

Ergo last resort QED
    Like it or lump it

So you will be critical of FG if any attempt is made to form a government after this one?

So you will be critical of FG if any attempt is made to form a government after this one?

No
    If labour and the Soc Dems change their mind,I'll be whooping for joy
    But its unlikely

It may have escaped you but the lock down we are in,the actual lock down,is blaming the people for spreading the virus
    I'm afraid your premise holds no water (again)

What?

The lockdown doesn't 'blame' the people. The lockdown recognises how the virus spreads.
    The people in the main recognised before the current caretakers that we needed to lockdown - see the Italy match debacle and community publicans across the country closing before an official announcement. See also the outrage surrounding the protections for nursing homes.

No
    If labour and the Soc Dems change their mind,I'll be whooping for joy
    But its unlikely

So this would be 'second last resort' in that case.

Ergo last resort QED
    Like it or lump it

No. When it's an opinion you can tell by the syntax. When I say 'facts' that's me posting facts.

If FG's only option was to try form a government and they went into talks with everyone, but could only see it working with FF, you'd be right, but that's not what has happened.
    The 'last resort' thing is mere spin from FG quarters to try save face. If youse think people will buy it and it helps you sleep, best of luck with that. Don't stop believing.

I never said it was the principle issue did I?

You're engaging in pedantic nitpicking now.

The theme follows the FG mentality. Trolly crisis, the sick not really being sick.
    Homeless crises, people pretending.
    Covid #19, people getting sick.

FG would be doing a great job if it wasn't for the pesky Irish people.

What?

The lockdown doesn't 'blame' the people. The lockdown recognises how the virus spreads.
    The people in the main recognised before the current caretakers that we needed to lockdown - see the Italy match debacle and community publicans across the country closing before an official announcement. See also the outrage surrounding the protections for nursing homes.

Rubbish
    People had to be told to lock down, laws passed to enforce it making it compulsory
    People are not being left to their own devices
    A lock down had to be implemented to prevent people spreading the virus
    Ergo spread is the peoples fault
    Laws were needed to force them to not spread it

In a sense,the decision on the leaving cert is the same,worst case scenario is its cancelled because of the high risk people will advertently or inadvertently spread the disease

No. When it's an opinion you can tell by the syntax. When I say 'facts' that's me posting facts.

If FG's only option was to try form a government and they went into talks with everyone, but could only see it working with FF, you'd be right, but that's not what has happened.
    The 'last resort' thing is mere spin from FG quarters to try save face. If youse think people will buy it and it helps you sleep, best of luck with that. Don't stop believing.

Incorrect for 2 reasons
    125 ish non FG T.D's
    FG thinking that FF would do a coalition with SF

Rubbish
    People had to be told to lock down, laws passed to enforce it making it compulsory
    People are not being left to their own devices
    A lock down had to be implemented to prevent people spreading the virus
    Ergo spread is the peoples fault
    Laws were needed to force them to not spread it

In a sense,the decision on the leaving cert is the same,worst case scenario is its cancelled because of the high risk people will advertently or inadvertently spread the disease

Jesus. The denial of facts is strong with you.

They are presented to you in black and white and you still deny them. (see the list of issues from the RTE article)

The 'spread of the virus is people's fault' takes the proverbial biscuit though.

I suppose it is the fault of elderly people in nursing homes for getting it too?

The theme follows the FG mentality. Trolly crisis, the sick not really being sick.

An entire thread of complete and utter denial. Every single issue raised...'NOT FG's fault...it's somebody else's', or there is no issue at all.

• Advertisement

What are you on about?

All I said was that people's behaviour wasn't the principle reason for the government not making a decision on the leaving cert. How is that pedantic nitpicking?

I don't know how the rest of your post has anything to do with anything I've said.

Jesus. The denial of facts is strong with you.

The 'spread of the virus is people's fault' takes the proverbial biscuit though.
    we were all spreading it,we had to be stopped
    Spread is our fault
    I suppose it is the fault of elderly people in nursing homes for getting it too?
    Don't be so disgusting
    Care home patients are innocent
    The virus didn't fly in the window though ,it came into care homes on a person

we were all spreading it,we had to be stopped
    Spread is our fault

Don't be so disgusting
    Care home patients are innocent
    The virus didn't fly in the window though ,it came into care homes on a person

So now it is care workers fault?

I'm disgusting? You just blamed the people for the spread of a virus. People who have observed the lockdown and had started their own lockdown and had spotted the dangers of allowing 1000's of people to come from a high infection area and to go to race meetings before the the caretaker government got their act together to begin one.

But yeh...blame all the people there Mort.

I'm disgusting? You just blamed the people for the spread of a virus. People who have observed the lockdown and had started their own lockdown and had spotted the dangers of allowing 1000's of people to come from a high infection area and to go to race meetings before the the caretaker government got their act together to begin one.

So how is covid 19 spread?
    Does it fly in the window? Or is it spread by people
    This will be good

So how is covid 19 spread?
    Does it fly in the window? Or is it spread by people
    This will be good

As far as we know it is spread by contact.

I could be fully observing lockdown rules and still get it and I could infect others. Because the virus doesn't know what a border is, nor what 2 metres is etc.

The virus targets people. People DO NOT target other people. The spread of the virus is only 'people's' fault if they knowingly spread it.

If I allow 1000's of people to travel from an affected area knowingly, then you can blame the people responsible for that. Quite rightly.

Your arrogant, defensive blame scatter gun is totally inappropriate and wrongheaded.

So, how did it get into the care homes so?

As far as we know it is spread by contact.

I could be fully observing lockdown rules and still get it and I could infect others. Because the virus doesn't know what a border is, nor what 2 metres is etc.

The virus targets people. People DO NOT target other people. The spread of the virus is only 'people's' fault if they knowingly spread it.

If I allow 1000's of people to travel from an affected area knowingly, then you can blame the people responsible for that. Quite rightly.

Your arrogant, defensive blame scatter gun is totally inappropriate and wrongheaded.

Huh
    No ,you're deliberately missing my point and trying desperately but unsuccessfully to deflect
    People spread the virus it was in the peoples hands (literally) to at least slow it
    That proved impossible

The virus does know what 2 metres is btw
    Loads of people too many didn't prior to lock down

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Huh
    No ,you're deliberately missing my point and trying desperately but unsuccessfully to deflect
    People spread the virus it was in the peoples hands (literally) to at least slow it
    That proved impossible

The virus does know what 2 metres is btw
    Loads of people too many didn't prior to lock down

If people go around breaking the lockdown rules, then we have problems.

There are also problems with the more lax arrangements put in place by the SF/DUP government in the North as can be seen by the higher per capita rates in Cavan and Monaghan. It can't all be wall-builders.

So, how did it get into the care homes so?

1. People carried it in unknowingly.(unless you are suggesting they did it deliberately, then no 'blame' applies, in fact, it is a pretty sick thing to do, to blame careworkers)
    2.There was no or inadequate PPE.
    3. There were no strategies for preventing it's spread. (who is to 'blame' for 2 and 3, if it was done knowingly or was due to competence issues, I am sure will emerge as an issue)

• Advertisement

I see Leo getting roasted on Twitter for another ill informed, intemperate rant in the Dáil.
    We can be sure he will fritter away all the ground gained.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Taoiseach&src=trend_click

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement