Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »

Leo has done this so many times now, he must be a nightmare for the PR department.

It's like he (and Enda before him) have no filters.
    If you are going to accuse another party of something, first check that your own high ranking members haven't engaged in exactly the same thing...worse again, check your high ranking member hasn't engaged in the same activity for overt and obvious publicity purposes.

You could not invent it. Hugh O'Connell could hardly be called a 'Shinner on Twitter' either. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It was several other posters who were 'blaming the people' for spreading the virus.

People spread it=Fact

What do you think would happen atTesco,if the one way systems,security guards and tensa barriers were removed?
    Or social distancing rules made voluntary

We have a lock down to extremely force the people inside and laws to enforce that,because people spread covid19 and many simply cannot be trusted not to

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,279 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

markodaly wrote: »
    Im confused tbh. So you were building a wall?
    Running away from the question, but grand.
    Mortelaro wrote: »
    Huh
    No ,you're deliberately missing my point and trying desperately but unsuccessfully to deflect
    People spread the virus it was in the peoples hands (literally) to at least slow it
    That proved impossible

The virus does know what 2 metres is btw
    Loads of people too many didn't prior to lock down
    blanch152 wrote: »
    If people go around breaking the lockdown rules, then we have problems.

There are also problems with the more lax arrangements put in place by the SF/DUP government in the North as can be seen by the higher per capita rates in Cavan and Monaghan. It can't all be wall-builders.
    Love the way the SF lads are in here and vanished form the SF thread after getting rinsed:)
    Bowie wrote: »
    You are telling lies here.

.....and deflection.
    How is pointing out the obvious flaw in your suggestions that there are other options for government deflection?
    You brought it up last night yourself in this thread

Dogs dinners recipes are available for replies
    Aaaaaaand we have the dogs supper reply

He was against it in the debate too but said only as a last resort
    The two positions are not mutually exclusive

Fabulous Mort. Well done again. :)
    Why are you so quick to blame Francie. An honest question.

Do you have a morbid fascination with this?
    Discuss the topic. Discuss it and remain civil to each other. Do not discuss each other. If you wish to discuss Coronavirus and the relevant restrictions we have dedicated threads in a dedicated forum. If you have a problem with a post or a poster report it and the mods will have a look

You are all on final warnings in this thread, and if I see you behaving like this elsewhere do not express surprise if your posting privileges are removed

Any questions, PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

Now back on topic everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Just heard Leo say on Today Sean o'Rourke 's last show that MLM may one day be Taoiseach
    Magnanimous, that's my Boy :D
    As I said in the other thread,its just not their time (yet)

I'm taking a break from these threads now
    Enough politics from me

Thread unfollowed:)

• Advertisement

Excellent dissection and take down of Leo's outburst yesterday. (I have no idea of the credentials of 'Jonathon Victory' but I am not seeing much in the way of lies or spin about what he says.

https://twitter.com/VictoryFound/status/1258459141196128256

Excellent dissection and take down of Leo's outburst yesterday. (I have no idea of the credentials of 'Jonathon Victory' but I am not seeing much in the way of lies or spin about what he says.

https://twitter.com/VictoryFound/status/1258459141196128256

Someone made a very salient point on that twitter thread, along the exact same points as I have made elsewhere.

Leo tried to score a point yesterday about the shinners helping out in their communities, and likened it to "Trump giving out toilet rolls" as some kind of derogatory slur.

This is presumably the same Donald Trump leo was so in awe of that he interfered in a planning process against a renewable energy wind farm to try and protect Donald Trump's private business interests.

And that man stood up in the Dail and accused anyone else of being "two faced"?

Oh dear.

Someone made a very salient point on that twitter thread, along the exact same points as I have made elsewhere.

Leo tried to score a point yesterday about the shinners helping out in their communities, and likened it to "Trump giving out toilet rolls" as some kind of derogatory slur.

This is presumably the same Donald Trump leo was so in awe of that he interfered in a planning process against a renewable energy wind farm to try and protect Donald Trump's private business interests.

And that man stood up in the Dail and accused anyone else of being "two faced"?

Oh dear.

I agree.

What I cannot fathom is how they haven't learned a single thing from the election campaign when this sort of irrelevant venting backfired again and again.

Arrogance or just plain old stupidity or both?...watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

People spread it=Fact

indeed they do as they spread all virus

what we really dont know is the actual extent they spread it , the actual sickness rates and whether this is actually deadier then a bad flu season ( teh RIP.ie study is interesting in this regard , as many counties have excess deaths under the 2017.2018 flu season )

the issue is the " degree" and we have jumped to one extreme

Is it true Leo referred to the Belfast branch of FG as (wait for it.....) "Their overseas branch" on Newstalk with Pat Kenny this morning?

Oh please make it be true.

• Advertisement

Is it true Leo referred to the Belfast branch of FG as (wait for it.....) "Their overseas branch" on Newstalk with Pat Kenny this morning?

Oh please make it be true.

Yes, according to the Collette Brown on the tweet machine.
    https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1258689736702640128

He is some gift to any opposing party, you have to give him that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That sounds like hardcore DUP talk IMO. Is he just trying anything to stir up Nationalists and memories of the troubles and once again giving the GFA no respect? Likely off script bratty hitting out. He's not fit to lead a country.

This could follow you around like a stink follows a skunk Leo.

https://twitter.com/EFFanning/status/1259118732678434817

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

McDonald wouldn't run with a second candidate in case she'd risk her seat. Now she's sitting with a big surplus ( no pun intended) on the opposition bench for the next five years

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This could follow you around like a stink follows a skunk Leo.

Leo's point is lost on you Francie.

Leo stated he would be embarrassed to hand out food parcels and post photos of it on Social Media.
    The premise being, instead of handing out food pracels, govern the country!
    The attack at SF for doing the food parcel thing is very legit. They are more interested in PR rather than governing. Their time in Stormont is an indication of that.

Now one, could defend SF record in the north, or they could follow Leos twttier account to deflect.

Leo's point is lost on you Francie.

Leo stated he would be embarrassed to hand out food parcels and post photos of it on Social Media.
    The premise being, instead of handing out food pracels, govern the country!
    The attack at SF for doing the food parcel thing is very legit. They are more interested in PR rather than governing. Their time in Stormont is an indication of that.

Now one, could defend SF record in the north, or they could follow Leos twttier account to deflect.

Yeh sure Mark...that's how it's going down. :) Journalists and others are posting photos of SF being hypocrites. :)
    Leo fooled himself into thinking that nobody has noticed that he is the supreme photo/PR opportunist of them all. Leo wouldn't be embarrassed to strip down to his socks and run naked up O'Connell Street at rush hour if there was something in it for him.
    That is not even to get started on the anti-Irish lies he told as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

He is some gift to any opposing party, you have to give him that. :)

He certainly does put his foot in it, but all the main Irish politicians do. Look at Harris with the 18 Covids, Coveney congratulating that scrounger Erica Fleming, Mary Lou with the demographics looking after themselves, etc. Just he gets more attention as Taoiseach. Cant see any of the party leaders doing much better in that regard.

Leo wouldn't be embarrassed to strip down to his socks and run naked up O'Connell Street at rush hour if there was something in it for him.

Is this some thinly vield homophobia on display?

What 'anti-Irish' lies are these, exactly?

What exactly would be even slightly "homophobic" about running in the nip save for a pair of socks? Is this a pastime gays get secretly get up to and straight fellas like myself didn't know about until now?

You wouldn't be just looking for something to be outraged by marko would ye?

Is that the sound of a barrel being scraped I can hear?

Embarrassed for anyone that has only that to offer as a come back.
    What 'anti-Irish' lies are these, exactly?

His suggestion that but for Tory largesse that the place in which many many fellow Irish people live would be much worse, was deeply insulting to those people.

• Advertisement

His suggestion that but for Tory largesse that the place in which many many fellow Irish people live would be much worse, was deeply insulting to those people.

So stating a fact that NI's deficit of £9 Billion plugged by Westminister is:
    a) a lie (which it isn't)
    b) anti-Irish (which it isn't)

He is correct, without the British government bailing out the NI government to that tune every year, the region would be far far worse off.

https://factcheckni.org/fact-checks/how-dependent-is-stormont-on-westminster-subvention/

So stating a fact that NI's deficit of £9 Billion plugged by Westminister is:
    a) a lie (which it isn't)
    b) anti-Irish (which it isn't)

He is correct, without the British government bailing out the NI government to that tune every year, the region would be far far worse off.

https://factcheckni.org/fact-checks/how-dependent-is-stormont-on-westminster-subvention/

Mark...sorry to teach you a bit about the world. It is NOT the Tory's money.

Leo was trying to insult in a cheap and particularly nasty way, he succeeded and displayed for all to see what he really thinks. Referring to Belfast as 'overseas' later reinforced that.

Mark...sorry to teach you a bit about the world. It is NOT the Tory's money.

I didn't not say it was, did I?
    Leo was trying to insult in a cheap and particularly nasty way, he succeeded and displayed for all to see what he really thinks. Referring to Belfast as 'overseas' later reinforced that.

Changing the tune now of the argument.

What he stated was 100% correct, both factually and in spirit.

NI is the region of the UK that receives the most money from the British Taxpayer, yet the place is an economic cesspit.

SF and the DUP still cant run it correctly, nor reform it, as they both want to retain its sectarian nature as they benifit from it.

Now, what this has to do with FG, I do not know, but this is a losing argument for you and I do not want to go down that road with you as its just tedious.

Anyway, we, get it. You do not like Leo, nor FG.
    We get it.

NI is the region of the UK that receives the most money from the British Taxpayer, yet the place is an economic cesspit.

SF and the DUP still cant run it correctly, nor reform it, as they both want to retain its sectarian nature as they benifit from it.

Now, what this has to do with FG, I do not know, but this is a losing argument for you and I do not want to go down that road with you as its just tedious.

We get it.

It is not The Tory's money is it Mark?
    Leo said it was. Stop lying.
    He also lied about the minimun wage.

His intention was to insult by telling lies.. simple.

If you want to excuse that be as longwinded as you like about stuff he never said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

We get it.

It's about what Leo said not the wording of your defence.
    Varadkar is an ill mannered disrespectful hypocrite.
    Photo ops during a pandemic, northern ireland being overseas. He's the gift that nobody gave a mandate to that keeps on giving.
    I'd bow out too if I were you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

I’m still astonished at his food parcel photo op rant when he and his minions did the same that very same day.

Him tweeting about the darkness into light appeal was particularly disgusting

Didn’t he Cut 12 million from the mental health budget the very same guy

What’s the phrase, Accuse your opponent of that which you were doing yourself

Trumpian politics he’s such a hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What do you mean by this?

There is a history of SF types, most recently that obnoxious councillor from Tallaght, questioning Varadkars Irishness and getting in digs like that.

blanch152 wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?

There is a history of SF types, most recently that obnoxious councillor from Tallaght, questioning Varadkars Irishness and getting in digs like that.

Nothing to do with Leo's family heritage. Explained already ^ He chose to insult Irish people living on this island by implying that they are dependent on Tory largess.
    Please spare yourself a long winded explanation on Leo's behalf as mark did. If he meant something else, he should have said something else. Same as his 'overseas' comment.

He is like Enda, he let's the mask slip, clearly has the shinners living under his bed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nothing to do with Leo's family heritage. Explained already ^ He chose to insult Irish people living on this island by implying that they are dependent on Tory largess.
    Please spare yourself a long winded explanation on Leo's behalf as mark did. If he meant something else, he should have said something else. Same as his 'overseas' comment.

He is like Enda, he let's the mask slip, clearly has the shinners living under his bed too.

Well, the people of the North are dependent on Tory largesse, that is a fact.

You are twisting his words on overseas to make a particularly nasty point.

• Advertisement

If you want to excuse that be as longwinded as you like about stuff he never said.

Sure he was just asking questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement