Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Can see Varadker moving to America once Micky Martin and the Cabbage take over,

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Sure he was just asking questions.

Hw wasn't he was letting the mask slip. A classic FG attitude to his fellow Irish men and women.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Hw wasn't he was letting the mask slip. A classic FG attitude to his fellow Irish men and women.

I rarely if ever try to tar whole parties with it, because that would be stupid.

'A' classic FG attitude. There are others.

'A' classic FG attitude. There are others.

I do not doubt that you think there aren't, however, I am using your own lofty words against you.
    You claim you don't do (a) but you do (a) a lot.

• Advertisement

I do not doubt that you think there aren't, however, I am using your own lofty words against you.
    You claim you don't do (a) but you do (a) a lot.

It's 'a' classic FG attitude. If I wanted to tar the whole party I would have said 'it's classic FG'.

Your inability to understand the written word is your own issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Runaways wrote: »
    I’m still astonished at his food parcel photo op rant when he and his minions did the same that very same day.

Him tweeting about the darkness into light appeal was particularly disgusting

Didn’t he Cut 12 million from the mental health budget the very same guy

What’s the phrase, Accuse your opponent of that which you were doing yourself

Trumpian politics he’s such a hypocrite
    He didn’t cut 12m from the mental health budget. He took back 12m that wasn’t being spent so that it could be allocated elsewhere and actually used. There’s a big difference.

It's 'a' classic FG attitude. If I wanted to tar the whole party I would have said 'it's classic FG'.

Your inability to understand the written word is your own issue.

'A classic FG attitude' vs 'Its classic FG'
    The indefinite article vs pronoun.

But neither change the context nor the meaning of the statement you made and trying to cling to some higher gramatherical authority as if this gives you an out, is funny. Especially when this...
    The tactic is classic FF FG. Belittle and demean the electorate's that don't vote for them. It worked in a simpler age.

'A classic FG attitude' vs 'Its classic FG'
    The indefinite article vs pronoun.

But neither change the context nor the meaning of the statement you made and trying to cling to some higher gramatherical authority as if this gives you an out, is funny. Especially when this...

You don't understand what 'rarely if ever' means either? :D

You don't understand what 'rarely if ever' means either? :D

Well, you made that statement a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Well, you made that statement a few weeks ago.

Now you are getting it.

Now anything to say on the point made or are you still trawling my posts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

https://twitter.com/seandebrun2/status/1259769529556746241?s=21

He can’t lie straight so little wonder
    Apologies are alien to him

Now you are getting it.

Now anything to say on the point made or are you still trawling my posts?

What was your 'point' again?

That people are free to 'ask questions' even if they peddle conspiracy theories about 5G or other such nonsense?

Is this an absolute free speech conviction for you or do you have any line in the sand when it comes to people 'asking questions'?

What was your 'point' again?

That people are free to 'ask questions' even if they peddle conspiracy theories about 5G or other such nonsense?

Is this an absolute free speech conviction for you or do you have any line in the sand when it comes to people 'asking questions'?

Just as people are free to ask questions you are free to have opinions on the question and the answers.

We get it, you would prefer to silence stuff you don't want to hear. We don't live in societies like that anymore...most of us don't want to.

Just as people are free to ask questions you are free to have opinions on the question and the answers.

We get it, you would prefer to silence stuff you don't want to hear. We don't live in societies like that anymore...most of us don't want to.

So, its an absolute free speech thing for you, without repercussions. Understand.

So, no line in the sand then.

Holocaust denial
    Outright and overt racism
    Advocating violence against a minority group
    Advocating drink driving
    etc..all grand, just 'asking questions'

You have no line in the sand that makes you go, 'Hold on, one shouldn't be saying that'.

So, its an absolute free speech thing for you, without repercussions. Understand.

So, no line in the sand then.

Holocaust denial
    Outright and overt racism
    Advocating violence against a minority group
    Advocating drink driving
    etc..all grand, just 'asking questions'

You have no line in the sand that makes you go, 'Hold on, one shouldn't be saying that'.

Now you try and alter what I said so you can find some platform to object to it.

I never said, it is ok to say what you want. I said it is ok to ask questions.

Racism or advocating drink driving is not 'asking a question'.

Racism or advocating drink driving is not 'asking a question'.

So, there is a line there after all. So how about elected representatives, peddling conspiracy theories. Is that objectionable or merely 'asking questions'.

Do you find anything Gemma Doherty says objectionable, even though she herself believes she is a truth finder and a journalist?

So, there is a line there after all.

No Mark, you confused (Wilfully I suspect) what was said. Your problem I'm afraid.
    So how about elected representatives, peddling conspiracy theories. Is that objectionable or merely 'asking questions'.

Do you find anything Gemma Doherty says objectionable, even though she herself believes she is a truth finder and a journalist?

Again the comprehension issue you seem to have.

It is becoming evident why people have issues with the duties and critical importance of effective opposition in democracies.

Some people don't like 'questions'.
    What would this state have become if people were not asking questions over the years...difficult questions.

Take SF and the Republican movement...where would it be if people hadn't questioned it, externally and internally?

FG...would they have gone further down the Blueshirt road had questions not been asked. Would they have been more conservative on maoral issues if questions had not been asked?

Questions are good things, invariably.

No Mark, you confused (Wilfully I suspect) what was said. Your problem I'm afraid.

You don't have a line now... but you think advocating drink driving or racism is a line. Confused, I am not.

Again the comprehension issue you seem to have.

Sitting on the fence is a wonderful thing for a person who has no moral conviction or standing on anything important.

Questions are good things, invariably.

The manifestation of that is the likes of Gemma O'Doherty clogging up the court system spouting her strange bile under the guise as journalism.
    You DO know that she still maintains that she is a journalist, right?

At the end of the day, you are in her camp, but you won't want to admit it.

Just like those peddling 5G conspiracies are 'asking the question' under the guise of doing their bit for democracy. A fool's errand.

In summary, one can use all types of soundbites like 'democracy' and 'free speech' to excuse some downright silly, hateful, stupid positions taken on by others are sure, they are just 'asking questions'. Well-meaning idiots I suppose.

You don't have a line now... but you think advocating drink driving or racism is a line. Confused, I am not.

Advocating drink driving and Racism is not asking a question Mark. Please STOP trying to alter what was said.

Sitting on the fence is a wonderful thing for a person who has no moral conviction or standing on anything important.

I didn't sit on a fence. I said you have every right to find a question objectionable or have an opinion as your answer to it.

The manifestation of that is the likes of Gemma O'Doherty clogging up the court system spouting her strange bile under the guise as journalism.
    You DO know that she still maintains that she is a journalist, right?

At the end of the day, you are in her camp, but you won't want to admit it.

Just like those peddling 5G conspiracies are 'asking the question' under the guise of doing their bit for democracy. A fool's errand.

In summary, one can use all types of soundbites like 'democracy' and 'free speech' to excuse some downright silly, hateful, stupid positions taken on by others are sure, they are just 'asking questions'. Well-meaning idiots I suppose.

You don't seem to get it.
    If you allow the freedom to ask questions, you CANNOT set yourself up as the arbiter of what questions can be asked, sadly. You have to take the good with the bad.
    Just because Gemma asks 'bad questions' doesn't mean all questions are bad.

That's how democracy rolls.

• Advertisement

I didn't sit on a fence.

So, what is your position on 5G?

So, what is your position on 5G?

Not qualified to have one atm...as previously stated.

I trust mainstream science though, I don't see anything problematic with it at the moment.

But before you go off on one, let me say this, I used to trust the Gardai until people began questioning and giving voice to whistleblowers.

I trust mainstream science though, I don't see anything problematic with it at the moment.

So, going back to my original point is AOS an idiot for going down the 5G conspiracy route, or is he 'just asking questions'.

So, going back to my original point is AOS an idiot for going down the 5G conspiracy route, or is he 'just asking questions'.

Is a TD wrong IMO? Yes, probably.

I haven't seen the letter so I don't have an opinion on it. Its behind a paywall.

From what I can gather the planning was withdrawn/refused because of height issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's quite simple, if your constituents have concerns it's your job as a representative to pass on those concerns. We have people concerned about power lines, mobile usage and 5G. I don't see why people can't ask questions or voice concerns. That's how we move on in life. Blindly taking the word of FG isn't advisable in any area. Seeking clarity from professionals makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Surely anyone is entitled to ask questions??

Like,its a big bad world out there,not everyone is going to agree with you,no matter how much you badger them

Everyone, including TDs are allowed and entitled to ask questions, and you would hope that all do so. However, you would expect TDs not to ask idiotic questions or to peddle conspiracy theories, at the very least, their questions should be informed by some rational thinking, and not just repeating and parroting what the village idiot is saying.

At the same time, it is Sinn Fein we are talking about.

Bowie wrote: »
    It's quite simple, if your constituents have concerns it's your job as a representative to pass on those concerns. We have people concerned about power lines, mobile usage and 5G. I don't see why people can't ask questions or voice concerns. That's how we move on in life. Blindly taking the word of FG isn't advisable in any area. Seeking clarity from professionals makes sense.

We have people concerned about vaccines, we have people concerned that the world is flat and people will sail over the edge, we have people concerned about alien visits and anal probes, we have people concerned that others are stealing all the jobs, when is Aengus going to raise these concerns? Or does he only listen to some concerns?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Everyone, including TDs are allowed and entitled to ask questions, and you would hope that all do so. However, you would expect TDs not to ask idiotic questions or to peddle conspiracy theories, at the very least, their questions should be informed by some rational thinking, and not just repeating and parroting what the village idiot is saying.

At the same time, it is Sinn Fein we are talking about.

'Ask questions, but only the ones we think are appropriate'.

What would the power swap have gotten away with had we not had people brave enough to question without fear or favour.

What would the power swap have gotten away with had we not had people brave enough to question without fear or favour.

Not at all, just don't parrot the village idiot, as Aengus is doing.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not at all, just don't parrot the village idiot, as Aengus is doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement