Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Bowie wrote: »
    So you didn't read the opening line to my comment, understand my comment or you ignored it.

That does not explain why we are using Goodman and O'Brien and paying what we are paying.

Later you'll be citing blind hatred and bias with no reasoning. I've explained my distrust in FG.

I'm blind to the blind hatred parts of your posts at this stage tbh,you'd swear we didnt know, you append a version into every post

The deal was done with all private hospitals which ad I said aren't half broke like a lot of their UK counterparts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

It's the same guy, all the time, year after year,, it really can not be a coincidence,, It has to be FG party policy, and somebody will have to call them out on it, to make them stop.

If they get 21 seats at the next GE, that's about as good as it will get. The people have had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

satguy wrote: »
    It's the same guy, all the time, year after year,, it really can not be a coincidence,, It has to be FG party policy, and somebody will have to call them out on it, to make them stop.

If they get 21 seats at the next GE, that's about as good as it will get. The people have had enough.

I see you're back after I previously questioned your conspiracy theory about private hospitals, still no chance of answers I take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I'm blind to the blind hatred parts of your posts at this stage tbh,you'd swear we didnt know, you append a version into every post

The deal was done with all private hospitals which ad I said aren't half broke like a lot of their UK counterparts

I said I'd no issue with a private business man and you responded by saying "I've no issues with you having a problem with Dinny".

So I pointed it out.
    We don't know why we are paying four times as much. We don't know how the deals were brokered. As I've said with the players involved and their histories, it's likely the tax payer got rode again by the fiscally conservative party.
    christy c wrote: »
    I see you're back after I previously questioned your conspiracy theory about private hospitals, still no chance of answers I take it?

TBF, at this point, with these players, if you were even the Treasurer of the local G.A.A club or the manager of a SuperMac's you'd be derelict in your duties to not be concerned that there was maybe a bad deal for the tax payer. The foolishness would be the assumption there wasn't. Fool me two times, (three, four?) and all that.

Bowie wrote: »
    TBF, at this point, with these players, if you were even the Treasurer of the local G.A.A club or the manager of a SuperMac's you'd be derelict in your duties to not be concerned that there was maybe a bad deal for the tax payer. The foolishness would be the assumption there wasn't. Fool me two times, (three, four?) and all that.

You dont even know what I am referring to. That poster brought up a conspiracy theory a couple of weeks ago that FG were only using the private hospitals because this virus also affects the rich (or words to that affect).

Also heard that we are spending a billion on PPE, does that not merit any comment? Or is it just Dinny? I also asked before what we should be paying for private hospitals, nobody was able to provide an answer.

I think the tax payer gets shafted left right and centre, but fantasy about large swaths of politicians deliberately transferring excess money to Dinny for something in return is far fetched IMO.

• Advertisement

I think the tax payer gets shafted left right and centre, but fantasy about large swaths of politicians deliberately transferring excess money to Dinny for something in return is far fetched IMO.

So it must be just a coincidence , that year after year, a list of stuff too long to type out, happens to go to you know who...

"" The Moriarty Tribunal report states that it is 'beyond doubt' that Michael Lowry imparted substantive information to Denis O'Brien which was 'of significant value and assistance to him in securing the licence'.

Michael Lowry's role is described as 'disgraceful and insidious'.""

https://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0322/298932-moriarty/

That was the start,, The list of stuff is not a conspiracy theory nor a coincidence.

So it must be just a coincidence , that year after year, a list of stuff too long to type out, happens to go to you know who...

Still no answers to my questions, just more spoofing.

Another question so not expecting an answer, how are the government meant to avoid giving money to Dinny when they needed private hospitals and he owned them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Are you really trying to whitewash FG bending over backwards to facilitate and fatten O’Briens endless bank account at the cost of the Irish taxpayer?

This SiteServ inquiry might put another €100 million into the pockets the FG golden circle.
    It's the same few guys, all the time,, When will it stop ??

The report shows that Mr O’Brien has given evidence to the commission, as have his associates Leslie Buckley, Liam McGrath and Dermot Hayes. Advisers to IBRC, underbidders, Siteserv and employees of all parties have given evidence, as has Department of Finance official Des Carville, who was previously an employee of Davy Stockbrokers, who acted as an adviser to Siteserv.

The commission notes that several witnesses have argued that they do not believe their costs are being adequately catered for by guidelines covering the inquiry, and that these could be challenged at a later date. He says that estimates of costs for the inquiry ranging from €30 million to as high as a figure of €100 million, which was suggested by one witness, are wide of the mark.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/siteserv-inquiry-may-be-delayed-by-legal-challenge-from-firm-linked-to-denis-o-brien-1.3921284

And just like the Moriarty Tribunal,, The SiteServ Tribunal will be Toothless,, It will only be able to make a recommendation that a court of justice do a follow up.

And as The Moriarty Tribunal,, we know there was no follow up, as FG were in power at the time.

The only small thing that happened,, was that Michael Lowry took a RED CARD for the team..

This SiteServ inquiry might put another €100 million into the pockets the FG golden circle.
    It's the same few guys, all the time,, When will it stop ??

The report shows that Mr O’Brien has given evidence to the commission, as have his associates Leslie Buckley, Liam McGrath and Dermot Hayes. Advisers to IBRC, underbidders, Siteserv and employees of all parties have given evidence, as has Department of Finance official Des Carville, who was previously an employee of Davy Stockbrokers, who acted as an adviser to Siteserv.

The commission notes that several witnesses have argued that they do not believe their costs are being adequately catered for by guidelines covering the inquiry, and that these could be challenged at a later date. He says that estimates of costs for the inquiry ranging from €30 million to as high as a figure of €100 million, which was suggested by one witness, are wide of the mark.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/siteserv-inquiry-may-be-delayed-by-legal-challenge-from-firm-linked-to-denis-o-brien-1.3921284

And just like the Moriarty Tribunal,, The SiteServ Tribunal will be Toothless,, It will only be able to make a recommendation that a court of justice do a follow up.

And as The Moriarty Tribunal,, we know there was no follow up, as FG were in power at the time.

The only small thing that happened,, was that Michael Lowry took a RED CARD for the team..

Endless stream of rubbish from you, when are you going to answer my questions about your hospital conspiracy theory?

Just copying and pasting the same stuff and dodging anything that doesn't suit your agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Michael Martin is on TV, spoiling my breakfast.
    If FG help this man to be Taoiseach it will be one of their worst ever decisions, and that's saying something.

If the boss owned a bin collection company..

FG would say that,, because of the covid-19 thing,, everyone will need to have their bin collected every day,, But don't worry FG will pay for the extra 6 pick ups every week..

Wow,, did I just give them an idea ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

If the boss owned a bin collection company..

FG would say that,, because of the covid-19 thing,, everyone will need to have their bin collected every day,, But don't worry FG will pay for the extra 6 pick ups every week..

Wow,, did I just give them an idea ??

No, you're talking rubbish. :)

Endless stream of rubbish from you,

Yep..

christy gave me the idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Runaways wrote: »
    Are you really trying to whitewash FG bending over backwards to facilitate and fatten O’Briens endless bank account at the cost of the Irish taxpayer?

I'd say you need a tinfoil hat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/04/27/timeline-to-a-killing/

Very long but interesting read

Everything you wanted to know about Siteserv.

Murky.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »

FG are just along for the optics in these talks I reckon. They'll engineer a collapse so that another election won't be blamed on them.

Are you having a laugh it’s a matter of record that his various companies are always awarded state contracts and seemingly will continue to do so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Runaways wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh it’s a matter of record that his various companies are always awarded state contracts and seemingly will continue to do so

Fine Gael fanboys wear very big blinkers. It defines them in many ways.

You are wasting your time trying to make them see corruption. Most condone it.

• Advertisement

Fine Gael fanboys wear very big blinkers. It defines them in many ways.

You are wasting your time trying to make them see corruption. Most condone it.

There's a difference between corruption and outright nonsense that we have seen posted here, for example I questioned when someone said that the government only rented the private hospitals because the rich also got sick from the virus.

Then people talk about "the same people" being involved when we needed hospitals, as of there was a multitude of other hospitals that we excluded.

So by all means talk about corruption and seemingly dodgy dealings, but maybe leave the conspiracy theories elsewhere.

It really doesn't matter if we need it or not,, we are getting it whether we like it ot not,, and only the Boss can supply us with it.

We need..

mobile phones
    someone to turn the indo into the sindo (move it from pro FF, to pro FG)
    water meters
    someone to bring all the radio stations into line. (and stop ED telling us too much)
    fiber optic cable
    football kit (because JD was in a bit of a bind)
    hospital beds.

eamon-dunphy-gagged.jpg

Have I missed any.

Sorry,, I did miss one.

The one where every state vehicle,, cop car,, ambulance,, fire engine,, minister's mercedes...
    Had to fill up at a petrol station owned by the Boss..

Silly me.. (I know I am still missing one)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Sorry,, I did miss one.

The one where every state vehicle,, cop car,, ambulance,, fire engine,, minister's mercedes...
    Had to fill up at a petrol station owned by the Boss..

Silly me.. (I know I am still missing one)

A quick google shows me that Maxol have the contract to supply fuel to the Garda fleet.
    This contract expires on 18 December 2020. It is a direct draw down from the OGP.

The McMullan family owns Maxol, and according to an article from 5 April 2019, they had no intentions of selling it.
    I know a lot can change in a year, but it seems that they still own it.

Hasn’t The wit to realise he’s Admitting low-paying jobs and minimum wage just aren’t enough to live on
    The same frontline shop staff and drivers he was celebrating only last week for their efforts
    Welfare Cheats at it again damn them Poxy poor people

https://twitter.com/finglasboy/status/1260542765735333890?s=21

atticu wrote: »
    A quick google shows me that Maxol have the contract to supply fuel to the Garda fleet.
    This contract expires on 18 December 2020. It is a direct draw down from the OGP.

The McMullan family owns Maxol, and according to an article from 5 April 2019, they had no intentions of selling it.
    I know a lot can change in a year, but it seems that they still own it.

Google who had the contract before Maxol..

You dont even know what I am referring to. That poster brought up a conspiracy theory a couple of weeks ago that FG were only using the private hospitals because this virus also affects the rich (or words to that affect).

Also heard that we are spending a billion on PPE, does that not merit any comment? Or is it just Dinny? I also asked before what we should be paying for private hospitals, nobody was able to provide an answer.

We know job opportunities appear but the main concern is value for money. I'm pretty sure nothing illegal transpired, benefit of the doubt and all that, but it's the quality of the deal for the tax payer that is key in all these deals and quite frankly, the tax payer never fares well.

I'd say you are very naive. FG do deals at a loss to the tax payer and generally the same chap in involved. That's on FG not himself.

It's clear Sinn Féin are locked out of talks': Martin comes under fire from FF members

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/its-clear-sinn-fein-are-locked-out-of-talks-martin-comes-under-fire-from-ff-members-999272.html

This is the good bit..

John McGuinness, Fianna Fáil TD said there was a consensus within membership of the party and their elected TDs that they should speak to Sinn Féin.

This FG / FF / GP , marriage made in hell,, is not a done deal yet, and may not happen.

I said it about 20 pages back,, It may end up FF / SF / IND ,, with FF having switched out MM for someone better.

• Advertisement

There's a difference between corruption and outright nonsense that we have seen posted here, for example I questioned when someone said that the government only rented the private hospitals because the rich also got sick from the virus.

Then people talk about "the same people" being involved when we needed hospitals, as of there was a multitude of other hospitals that we excluded.

So by all means talk about corruption and seemingly dodgy dealings, but maybe leave the conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Based on the fact that FG do many deals and those deals are poor for the tax payer, based on that alone, I believe some form of criticism is warranted. Absolutely no theory there. Maybe Mr. O'Brien is simply taking advantage of FG incompetence?
    Cronyism isn't always illegal. Doing big deals with the same man repeatedly. Nothing to see here? Not very fiscally conservative IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement