Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    Well back to my original point, that was what FF and FG did for years. Yet you use that as a stick to beat them.

Not just me...the electorate also...down from 84% voteshare to 44%.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

:confused: Is getting re-elected again and again not the benchmark for the success of a political party?

No, that is only the aim of parties that don't want to govern or achieve change.

Some parties - and the Green party is the prime example - are in politics to achieve change, and that means going into government, even if they lose seats down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Not just me...the electorate also...down from 84% voteshare to 44%.

No, the electorate have shown that they dont like them as much now.

You are using FF and FGs successful period as stick to beat them (power swap, games, etc).

blanch152 wrote: »
    No, that is only the aim of parties that don't want to govern or achieve change.

Some parties - and the Green party is the prime example - are in politics to achieve change, and that means going into government, even if they lose seats down the road.

I haven't ever seen the Green Party in power in the North. Have you?

No, the electorate have shown that they dont like them as much now.

You are using FF and FGs successful period as stick to beat them (power swap, games, etc).

Were have I done that? I have given praise to FF and FG governments where I feel it is due...from Dev to Lemass, to Fitizgerald through to FG's handling of Brexit and aspects of Covid.

Don't be so sensitive. That's politcs.

• Advertisement

Were have I done that? I have given praise to FF and FG governments where I feel it is due...from Dev to Lemass, to Fitizgerald through to FG's handling of Brexit and aspects of Covid.

Don't be so sensitive. That's politcs.

I gave you examples of where you have done that in the post you quoted, repeatedly using the term power swap parties as a negative is one example.

I gave you examples of where you have done that in the post you quoted, repeatedly using the term power swap parties as a negative is one example.

And I have given you examples up to the present day were I have praised aspects of government.
    I can criticise some aspects to, can I not?

And I have given you examples up to the present day were I have praised aspects of government.
    I can criticise some aspects to, can I not?

Well the power swap as you term it, was the main thing that happened. So if you are criticising that, minor praise like you have mentioned is rather meaningless.

Well the power swap as you term it, was the main thing that happened. So if you are criticising that, minor praise like you have mentioned is rather meaningless.

'You aren't genuflecting low enough'....that what you mean?

'You aren't genuflecting low enough'....that what you mean?

No, you're spoofing would be more accurate.

• Advertisement

No, you're spoofing would be more accurate.

:confused: About praising aspects of government right up to the present day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    I responded to the post by Bowie who said SF are not in government, they are and they are clearly causing misery. Also deaths with covid as they can’t act like adults and discuss with the DUP.

See this post.

This is a post the SF lads here will conveniently ignore to suit their agenda.

Pick and choose what posts to reply too.

They have turned current affairs into something that just isn't interesting anymore.

:confused: About praising aspects of government right up to the present day?

No, by repeatedly referring to FF and FGs success as power swap, you are trying to undermine their achievements.

If you haven't gotten it by now I give up.

No, by repeatedly referring to FF and FGs success as power swap, you are trying to undermine their achievements.

If you haven't gotten it by now I give up.

Why?
    It has been a power swap for the duration of the state...are you in denial about that simple fact?

Why?
    It has been a power swap for the duration of the state...are you in denial about that simple fact?

It has been a power swap as decided by the electorate, or another way or saying it is that the electorate decided for years that FG and FF were the pick of the bunch.

Using power swap in a negative manner (as you do) is trying to undermine their achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

See this post.

This is a post the SF lads here will conveniently ignore to suit their agenda.

Pick and choose what posts to reply too.

They have turned current affairs into something that just isn't interesting anymore.

Every thread is trolled by the same posters. None of them capable of answering a simple question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Every thread is trolled by the same posters. None of them capable of answering a simple question.

Par for the course, get used to it.

It has been a power swap as decided by the electorate, or another way or saying it is that the electorate decided for years that FG and FF were the pick of the bunch.

Using power swap in a negative manner (as you do) is trying to undermine their achievements.

Aspects of the power share have worked against the country. The fall in support of the two parties swapping the power is all the evidence you require for that.

That hasn't happened to SF in the north. So how 'miserable' is SF making them...which was the sensationalist point made by the poster.

If you can sledgehammer the stats to make that posters point work...have at it.

If somebody is trolling you need to report that.

Aspects of the power share have worked against the country. The fall in support of the two parties swapping the power is all the evidence you require for that.

That hasn't happened to SF in the north. So how 'miserable' is SF making them...which was the sensationalist point made by the poster.

If you can sledgehammer the stats to make that posters point work...have at it.

I wasn't trying to make that posters point as you are well aware, but I'll leave you to your power swap rubbish.

• Advertisement

I wasn't trying to make that posters point as you are well aware, but I'll leave you to your power swap rubbish.

You never answered. Are you denying that FF and FG have swapped power here since the foundation of the state?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They have no policies up the North? That’s the point. Maybe you missed that bit.

I didn’t bring Sinn Fein into the FG thread, you did.

Just so you understand:
    However, feel free to genuinely criticise them for their policies, enacted or not, at least that would be legitimate

Every party has policies. SF have policies. Criticise them on their policies by all means.

Other parties come in as a reference, however my criticisms on FG do not require it IMO as they wouldn't cancel each other out.

You never answered. Are you denying that FF and FG have swapped power here since the foundation of the state?

I did answer, you mustn't be paying attention. The electorate choose which party to give the power to. FF and FG did not have a choice so could not swap anything.

The electorate could have chosen a different party years ago.

I did answer, you mustn't be paying attention. The electorate choose which party to give the power to. FF and FG did not have a choice so could not swap anything.

The electorate could have chosen a different party years ago.

Yes, and likewise in the North.
    The electorate here are changing...84% down to 44%. That is a major indication of what is happening. FG and FF having to now coalesce to stay in power another powerful one.
    There are reasons for that decline and you'll just have to accept that discussion of the reasons is going to involve criticism.

The electorate here are changing...84% down to 44%. That is a major indication of what is happening. FG and FF having to now coalesce to stay in power another powerful one.
    There are reasons for that decline and you'll just have to accept that discussion of the reasons is going to involve criticism.

I give up, I've explained my point but you choose to ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's irritating on the one hand but great on the other.
    Criticising and insulting the general public floating voter for doing what they do says it all. If people stop coming to your shop you don't insult them for shopping elsewhere. Either take it on the chin and see if there's something you can do to improve yourself or fade away with some integrity.
    If FG keep up this attitude it will speed their decline IMO. They'll likely get back in again but in more and more elaborate partnerships, for 'stability' like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Isn't it unfortunate that most of that didn't go to Sinn Féin
    You'd swear here that it did...

I give up, I've explained my point but you choose to ignore it.

I didn't ignore anything.

Your point seems to be, that using the term 'power swap' is negative in all instances. Even though I have given you examples of praise for government policy up to the present day.

FF and FG have swapped power between them for better or for worse. Fact.
    FF and FG are becoming a less and less popular choice for the electorate...fact. 84% to 44% and in the case of FG , their lowest individual vote ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Bowie wrote: »
    Yes. there was a SF councillor all for a complex of PPP a while back. Then the clown with the Varadkar nonsense. Also I don't like the Wolfe Tones ;)
    I tend to concentrate on the parties in government and the policies they enact. I couldn't tell you all the policies for any party including FG.
    Why do you get irate and feel the need to chime in with whataboutery? I'm flattered but there's surely more interesting points than my habits?

So a SF Councillor with PPP and some clown?

I've no idea what you're talking about sorry.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    It's irritating on the one hand but great on the other.
    Criticising and insulting the general public floating voter for doing what they do says it all. If people stop coming to your shop you don't insult them for shopping elsewhere. Either take it on the chin and see if there's something you can do to improve yourself or fade away with some integrity.
    If FG keep up this attitude it will speed their decline IMO. They'll likely get back in again but in more and more elaborate partnerships, for 'stability' like.

Another lad that has picked it up backwards. You will have seen that my point was that if the electorate choosing SF in the north is the benchmark of success, then the same metric should have been applied to FF and FG who for years won over the electorate. I am not disputing that their support had fallen off a cliff in recent years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement