Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Who's to say?

I think the suggestion they would overtake FGs seat share was scoffed at earlier in the year though.

Indeed, several notable posters had 'large wedges' placed on it not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Indeed, several notable posters had 'large wedges' placed on it not happening.

They say that those who offer ‘a better life’ ,distribute largesse largely without effort or contribution from the recipients will attract support from those who benefit the most.

In other words, we can give you everything and the rest, all you have to do is vote us in.

We will make sure someone else will pay for our policies.

Bit like the ‘pillar of the community dude’ ‘life and soul of everything’ kind of chap promising this that an the divil an all.

Usually flies high for a while then crashes and burns leaving a trail of destruction behind.

Then the dudes involved sink into oblivion never to be seen again.

What’s needed is solid planning, not flappers handing out chocks, sweeties, promises, free everything .

Uhmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They say that those who offer ‘a better life’ ,distribute largesse largely without effort or contribution from the recipients will attract support from those who benefit the most.

In other words, we can give you everything and the rest, all you have to do is vote us in.

We will make sure someone else will pay for our policies.

Bit like the ‘pillar of the community dude’ ‘life and soul of everything’ kind of chap promising this that an the divil an all.

Usually flies high for a while then crashes and burns leaving a trail of destruction behind.

Then the dudes involved sink into oblivion never to be seen again.

What’s needed is solid planning, not flappers handing out chocks, sweeties, promises, free everything .

Uhmm.....
    Funny you should say that Brenner, after Enda and his new politics and contract spiels I noticed he was trending on twitter yesterday.

And I am not afraid to say I had a good giggle at some of them.

This one especially.

https://twitter.com/MallowNews/status/1262644796893659136?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Or disregard the trend of the SF vote increase, of which I posted earlier in this thread.

The location election last year was a disaster and Sinn Fein lost 78 seats.

Parties showing a trend upwards are Greens and Social Dem. So what trend are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    The location election last year was a disaster and Sinn Fein lost 78 seats.

Parties showing a trend upwards are Greens and Social Dem. So what trend are you talking about?

True dat, manys a boardsie pundit said they were done, then turned around and blamed them for not running more candidates in the general election.

TBF, easy, (GP) to double your stats when you're coming from zero.

GP
    2011: 0, 2016: 2, 2020: 12

SD: 2016: 3, 2020: 6

SF
    2011: 14, 2016: 23, 2020: 37

Would love to see the SD's grow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Bowie wrote: »
    True dat, manys a boardsie pundit said they were done, then turned around and blamed them for not running more candidates in the general election.

GP

SF

The only part of the S.D.s you will see grow is their arse from sitting on the fence.
    Hopefully any gains will be wiped out next time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

GP

SF

Wow..

When you see it laid out like that..

No wonder FG & FF are not too keen on another GE..

GP

SF

If Carlsberg did trends, so to speak. :)

So what trend are you talking about?

Yawn. The trend in wearing an onion on your belt.

(Why must you be so blatantly obtuse, like what purpose do you mistakenly think it serves?)

I gave an analysis on how FGs election results have been since 2011 - from needing labour to prop them up - to needing FF to allow them to govern - to both FG and FF combined needing a smaller party and some independents to get on board to make a government possible.

Meanwhile the shinners have went from

2011 - 14 seats (previously 4) +175%
    2016 - 23 seats +72%
    2020 - 37 seats +60%

So from 2011 the shinners have went from 14 seats to 37 an increase of 164%
    FG on the other hand have went from 76 seats to 35. A decrease of 54%.

Yawn. The trend in wearing an onion on your

(Why must you be so blatantly obtuse, like what purpose do you mistakenly think it serves?)

So let’s me get this clear, now we can ignore elections once Sinn Fein didn’t get a good result?

I would say it’s strange but then look who I’m talking to

• Advertisement

So let’s me get this clear, now we can ignore elections once Sinn Fein didn’t get a good result?

We are in a thread discussing the general election results and what FG initially claimed to relish. This is not hard to understand.
    I would say it’s strange but then look who I’m talking to

Less of the personals please.

We are in a thread discussing the general election results and what FG initially claimed to relish. This is not hard to understand.

You mentioned a trend, I just pointed out in the last 12 month Ireland has had 2 elections.

Not sure how you think it is sensible to ignore an election? One of the main reasons Sinn Fein reduced politician is because of the results in the local election. Correct?

Investing in social and affordable housing stock rather than partnering with private business so much.
    No more cronyism or sweet deals at a loss to the tax payer.
    Being fiscally conservative and prudent when engaging in multi-million/billion euro projects, keeping tabs, doing due diligence etc.

Is that what Sinn Fein have done in the North?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Northern Ireland does not have a government it has what the British government prefer to call an executive. To anyone else that should be understood as super county council because that is basically the limitations under which any executive works under

That executive has no control whatsoever of taxation and budgets.
    If the British government sets the budget for capital expenditure then SF, the DUP or indeed any other party cant spend beyond that even if they wanted to build additional housing.

The same goes for every other department, health ,education, policing etc etc.

So trying to suggest that SF are somehow the 'government' in Northern Ireland just means you haven't got a clue on the powers or limitations that the executive have to work under.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

efanton wrote: »
    Northern Ireland does not have a government it has what the British government prefer to call an executive. To anyone else that should be understood as super county council because that is basically the limitations under which any executive works under

That executive has no control whatsoever of taxation and budgets.
    If the British government sets the budget for capital expenditure then SF, the DUP or indeed any other party cant spend beyond that even if they wanted to build additional housing.

The same goes for every other department, health ,education, policing etc etc.

So trying to suggest that SF are somehow the 'government' in Northern Ireland just means you haven't got a clue on the powers or limitations that the executive have to work under.

And like down South that’s what they love....no responsibility for anything.

Nothing to do with me guv...........

Call for everything but sit on the fence........claim everything....do nothing.

Gwaaan outa dat horse.

Edgware wrote: »
    The only part of the S.D.s you will see grow is their arse from sitting on the fence.
    Hopefully any gains will be wiped out next time

I think Shortall leaving a cushy government post on principle throws sitting on the fence, populism and any other ****e you want to throw, out the window IMO.

No it's what FG have done in the south. Keep up. You'd be talking specifically about SF, in another juridiction in a different form of government. As I've said to you twice now, feel free to discuss their policies not apples with oranges.
    You'll be citing the last few presidents of the local residents association next ;)

Gwaaan outa dat horse.

Why don't you talk up FG rather than looking to throw barnyard horse apples?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Gwaaan outa dat horse.

So are you denying that the Northern Ireland executive has no control over taxation or spending budgets?

I'm pretty certain that SF would have no hesitation whatsoever into going into government given the opportunity to do, either solo or with parties that are not right of centre.

It seems your constant 'responsibility' chants are just deflections and are totally meaningless.
    When are FG or FF going to take responsibility for the complete feck ups they made of housing, the health service, and policing. In fact it would be hard to name one department or service that has improved since FG were in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Why don’t you start.

• Advertisement

So are you denying that the Northern Ireland executive has no control over taxation or spending budgets?

Brendi is not the only one who makes this remark and then runs.
    It is one of the most politically naive digs out there tbh. It's funny and revealing when you see it made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I think this thread should be renamed to : 'The Sinn Féin Cummann meeting chat thread with occasional FG guests ' :D

I'm pretty certain that SF would have no hesitation whatsoever into going into government given the opportunity to do, either solo or with parties that are not right of centre.

It seems your constant 'responsibility' chants are just deflections and are totally meaningless.
    When are FG or FF going to take responsibility for the complete feck ups they made of housing, the health service, and policing. In fact it would be hard to name one department or service that has improved since FG were in power.

I ask the same question about Sinn Fein in North since Good Friday, answer was parade commission :P

I ask the same question about Sinn Fein in North since Good Friday, answer was parade commission :P

Another lie.

Good friday agreement and stormont has been an horrendous waste of time and money,if we had reunited in 98,any and all issues would be well sorted by now

As opposed to perservering with stormont that deosnt and wont ever work,is an epic waste if time and money for all involved

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I think this thread should be renamed to : 'The Sinn Féin Cummann meeting chat thread with occasional FG guests ' :D

That's what happens when FG people get defensive, sadly.
    I cited reasons I thought FG would seem uncaring, (as was the topic at the time) and we got numerous shinner responses from people seeming not to like SF at all, yourself included.

Why here's another switcheroo post. Anything but discuss FG.

That's not true. You were given answers and chose to change the topic.
    They did more for the north than FG, if you want to persist.

What have FG done for the north? Undermine the GFA by talking like it never happened when quizzed on failed domestic policy? When handed their arse in a general election?

I was thread banned for what you just done Francie.

Lets see if the same faith awaits you.

I doubt it somehow:)

Somebody tried to give the impression that the only posters here were 'SF Cumann Members'. I was just pointing out the reality is a bit different. Nothing else.

I was thread banned for what you just done Francie.

Lets see if the same faith awaits you.

I doubt it somehow:)

Beasty is in the RA

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

EU telling FG how to run the country properly yet again. Pity they don't pay heed.

https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/status/1263087630826246145?s=19

• Advertisement

atticu wrote: »
    Don’t assume which political party I support.

I didn't. In fact, I am totally unconcerned who anybody here supports or not. Make your point, if I disagree, I will disagree.
    I don't do the bot hysterics thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement