Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

smurgen wrote: »
    EU telling FG how to run the country properly yet again. Pity they don't pay heed.

https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/status/1263087630826246145?s=19

Looks like the EU is a shinnerbot/SF conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

atticu wrote: »
    Don’t assume which political party I support.

If you're not a shinner you're a blueshirt.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If you're not a shinner you're a blueshirt.
    :D:D:D

I don't use that term either in fairness Bish. Very rarely if ever, and not as a term of abuse.
    The list I complied would be one that includes all those determined to talk about SF on a FG thread.

Hard to dispute that if you look at the content. But go ahead if you think you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

I didn't. In fact, I am totally unconcerned who anybody here supports or not. Make your point, if I disagree, I will disagree.
    I don't do the bot hysterics thing.

You’re on this forum 24 x 7 posting about Sinn Fein, if you ain’t getting paid you need to get onto your agent :-)

I don't use that term either in fairness Bish.
    The list I complied would be one that includes all those determined to talk about SF on a FG thread.

Hard to dispute that if you look at the content. But go ahead if you think you can.

True enough, I'm only messing, but then on SF threads yourselves always throw out FG whataboutery. It's a vicious old circle on politics threads.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    EU telling FG how to run the country properly yet again. Pity they don't pay heed.

I see David Cullinane 'concentrating' Paschal Donoghue's mind on his actual job in the Dáil today getting shared a lot on Twitter. :D

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    You’re on this forum 24 x 7 posting about Sinn Fein, if you ain’t getting paid you need to get onto your agent :-)

Maybe the lad,just like talking sh1te about politics,(ive a mate,who posts religiously on a gaming forum,prob 15K plus posts a year)?

Like this notion people are getting paid to post deosnt stand up.to any scrutiny,or even basic burden of proof has never been supplied

I feel such baseless accusations,draw from the quality of his postings as he is good poster,who supplies factual info,and well able to argue his pint,without that lad,whole forum would 80% an echo-chamber of delusional bullsh1t ramblings,he brings standreds of other posters up,with high-quality rebuttals

Guy needs an appreciation thread,not everyone hating on him,over relatively insignificant political/worldview difference

True enough, I'm only messing, but then on SF threads yourselves always throw out FG whataboutery. It's a vicious old circle on politics threads.

As I told a certain poster here (who was giving out like mad on the SF thread because people were talking about FG) it is impossible to discuss politics without other parties and interaction with other parties coming in to it. They seemed to have learned though as they are anxious to discuss SF on this thread.

I don't mind actually...threads always get back to their main topic generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I think this thread should be renamed to : 'The Sinn Féin Cummann meeting chat thread with occasional FG guests ' :D

No wifi up on the windswept hills, M.

These lads are just the foot soldiers of Parnell Sq.

Yeh, but we get Oliver Callan doing the Xmas Party Brendi...you'd love that. His Vera Lynn is brilliant. 'The Forces Sweetheart'. ;)

• Advertisement

There's WiFi everywhere Brendan, even up on a remote windswept hill in Longford.
    Another myth to put a few billion in corporate purses.

Maybe the lad,just like talking sh1te about politics,(ive a mate,who posts religiously on a gaming forum,prob 15K plus posts a year)?

Like this notion people are getting paid to post deosnt stand up.to any scrutiny,or even basic burden of proof has never been supplied

I feel such baseless accusations,draw from the quality of his postings as he is good poster,who supplies factual info,and well able to argue his pint,without that lad,whole forum would 80% an echo-chamber of delusional bullsh1t ramblings,he brings standreds of other posters up,with high-quality rebuttals

Guy needs an appreciation thread,not everyone hating on him,over relatively insignificant political/worldview difference

I think someone else mentioned it last night. You can’t ignore human nature

No person is 100% positive to anything, let alone a political party. At the start of early online advertisement people would just be so positive on products people soon spotted and ignored the person

So now you will have positive/negative but the positives will massively out weight the negatives so the buyer feels they have a real review and more confidence to buy.

So look over the thousands of posts from Some of the posters etc and find a single negative post on Sinn Fein. A slight glimmer of but they should have done XYZ instead. You don’t have any. This is impossible. Human nature.

Think I’m lying, check every forum and you will see people who love XYZ but they will always have something, even tiny they want to change. E.g I love my car but the button over here is in wrong position. I wish they would change that

You can ignore all of the above but don’t expect others to. Not that I work in advertising:-)

I wouldn't worry too much Blaaz, the goal here is to get the thread turned into a conversation about me and the boogeymen under beds and in the heads of certain people. It's a symptom, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I've been accused by the SF lads here of been paid by FG to post here.

Anything to say about that my friend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

There's one who has a few usernames, mixes them up, very pro Coveney, keeps looking for links for the link in the OP, think it might be Micky Noodles carer, supporter of crap British Midlands soccer team

Jaysus.

I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bringing this thread back on topic somewhat after more vacuous nonsense...

https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/status/1263028827615354880?s=20

It is true though.

Genuine question, people give out yarns about FF and FG but.... why is it that every other party is scared out of their lives to go into power?
    The likes of the SD's, SF and Greens should be chomping at the bit to get into power, yet we have seen they rather wait it out.

The electorate will give them their dues if there is an election soon.

I've been accused by the SF lads here of been paid by FG to post here.

Anything to say about that my friend:)

Noone gets paid to post on a dying website imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You'll have to work on Kerry;)

Talking of Kerry.

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2020/05/20/return-to-sender-4/

I wouldn't worry too much Blaaz, the goal here is to get the thread turned into a conversation about me and the boogeymen under beds and in the heads of certain people. It's a symptom, nothing more. o
    Noone gets paid to post on a dying website imo

My post was about human nature, are you saying it doesn’t exist?

markodaly wrote: »

It is true though.

Genuine question, people give out yarns about FF and FG but.... why is it that every other party is scared out of their lives to go into power?
    The likes of the SD's, SF and Greens should be chomping at the bit to get into power, yet we have seen they rather wait it out.

Greens will lose nearly every seat if another election. They are complete idiots if they don’t see that.

• Advertisement

It is true though.

Unfortunately I fear they won’t ,Mark.

You see there is a coterie out there who do not realise that the left do not want to go next or near to govt.

SF have been blowing their trumpet about the country “voting for change” despite only getting basically the same vote as the other two parties.

The ‘Up the Ra” and Wolf Tone aficionados in the RDS would certainly not inspire confidence other than in the areas of expectation where entitlement rather than responsibility is the name of the game.

A recipe for disaster I feel, but there you go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

It is true though.

FF and FG have refused to even talk to the 2nd largest party in the Republic.

What do you want SF to do exactly?

A new election and SF will have more seats that either FF or FG and FF/FG know this

It is true though.

A new election and SF will have more seats than either FF or FG and FF/FG know this

A new election and SF will have more seats that either FF or FG and FF/FG know this

Very simple my friend.

FF and FG know, they know, that the ‘policies’ of SF are so far removed from theirs that it wouldn’t and couldn’t work.

That’s the simple fact.

Cullinane’s actions and words,with no reaction from the leadership proved that.

Thems the simple facts,my friend.

A new election and SF will have more seats than either FF or FG and FF/FG know this

Do Sinn Fein have any more politicians is the main question?

If another election then focus would be on Sinn Fein and less on FF/FG. Sinn Fein so far haven't really had that focus and neither has it's manifesto been pulled apart to the degree the other parties had.

FF and FG core fans will never move to Sinn Fein. So all that is up for grabs is the swing voters.

Violet Anne will not win back her seat to name one.

If the Greens don't go into government I would expect them to get hammered for wasting people time.

The swing vote will move back towards FG after the virus. Leo and Simon who had a target on their backs are now the top politicians in Ireland. The faith has been restored.

Do you think Sinn Fein will win even the same amount of seats? or more? I don't know. Even the little video of Leo getting one over Mary Lou will have hurt them in swing voters eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

We all watched the last GE,, FG & FF will know that SF had 8 or 9 Poll Toppers, that may well have brought on a second candidate had one run.
    So if there is another GE soon, SF will run a second candidate in at least 15 constituencies.

So if we mark SF as +9 at least,, and another 2 with very good chances,, That will leave SF on a very likely 46 seats, with 48 possible.

I watched the last GE unfold on TV,, and as poll topper after poll topper romped home on first counts for SF, I knew that the Irish political landscape was changed forever.

All signs pointed to a FF+SF+IND government,, and looking at the way GP are behaving,, It may still happen.

My post was about human nature, are you saying it doesn’t exist?

Hmm....no,but your post is entirely subjective and full of personal prejudice

I seen countless posts by him critical,just because his critism deosnt go.far enough to appease yous,deosnt make it not critism imo

Very simple my friend.

FF and FG know, they know, that the ‘policies’ of SF are so far removed from theirs that it wouldn’t and couldn’t work.

That’s the simple fact.

Cullinane’s actions and words,with no reaction from the leadership proved that.

Nonsense Brendi. Michael Martin would have dealt with SF the night of the election.

The issue here is the 'power'' issue and it's older than the pyramids.

There is no moral high ground here, FF would see themselves as humiliated if they went in as an equal or junior partner...that is why Michael shut the door and why FG never got involved at all.

VCullinane’s actions and words,with no reaction from the leadership proved that.

Was under impression he apoligised for any offence?

Like this seems reasonable enough words for me anyway

• Advertisement

Do Sinn Fein have any more politicians is the main question?

If another election then focus would be on Sinn Fein and less on FF/FG. Sinn Fein so far haven't really had that focus and neither has it's manifesto been pulled apart to the degree the other parties had.

FF and FG core fans will never move to Sinn Fein. So all that is up for grabs is the swing voters.

Violet Anne will not win back her seat to name one.

If the Greens don't go into government I would expect them to get hammered for wasting people time.

The swing vote will move back towards FG after the virus. Leo and Simon who had a target on their backs are now the top politicians in Ireland. The faith has been restored.

Do you think Sinn Fein will win even the same amount of seats? or more? I don't know. Even the little video of Leo getting one over Mary Lou will have hurt them in swing voters eyes.

This the video when he mentions Social Welfare rates in the North that Sinn Fein have no control of?

Id say more people will be concerned about Leo basically stating 2 weeks ago our kids will be fine, get schools open be no harm which led to the CMO of the country having to point out that Leo was bull****ting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement