Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Simon Harris using the Frances Fitz defence...he didn't see the letter.

Harris has blood on his hands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

At least you are honest.

So the people who put years of work into reform when the likes of Leo was an obstacle to them getting their rights are wrong to be annoyed by Leo's party now taking credit?

Leo's party weren't near power for years prior to 2011, gave them what the needed in their first term in office, can't say much more than that.
    They're probably miffed at Leo for not coming out sooner, but that was Leo's personal choice.
    Unless you are going to tell me he turned gay for populist reasons?
    The way you've been after this all day that wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They're probably miffed at Leo for not coming out sooner, but that was Leo's personal choice.

That's stooping fairly low for an excuse now.

No criticism of FG will be broached, young or old.

'Probably miffed at him not coming out sooner'? That really is a classic when one of the excuses today was 'don't be criticising the man on his personal journey' (which I wasn't doing) But now it seems you think those who made personal journey's of their own would not be sensitive to another's.

Very revealing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bowie wrote: »
    Noonan used that for the Sitesev deal and Paschal used it for the NCH over run.
    Didn't Charlie Flanagan have an email he saw but didn't think was important?
    Seems FG ministers are all the time not seeing stuff under their remit.

Funny that in most other industries and professions ignorance is not an acceptable line of defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Harris has blood on his hands

Not as much as a certain other party we have heard of......

• Advertisement

That's stooping fairly low for an excuse now.

No criticism of FG will be broached, young or old.

'Probably miffed at him not coming out sooner'? That really is a classic when one of the excuses today was 'don't be criticising the man on his personal journey' (which I wasn't doing) But now it seems you think those who made personal journey's of their own would not be sensitive to another's.

Very revealing stuff.

No Francie, tbh I don't know why they are angry.
    I'm just speculating which is why I said probably.
    Like carlsberg is the best lager in the world

Well if you say SF can't ever be in Govt for all that, you must think Harris must go

Well if you say SF can't ever be in Govt for all that, you must think Harris must go

FG and FF have blood on their hands from many years ago aswell

No Francie, tbh I don't know why they are angry.
    I'm just speculating which is why I said probably.
    Like carlsberg is the best lager in the world

Do you think this guy is miffed about him 'not coming out sooner' or does he have good cause?

https://twitter.com/DubLoony/status/1263978113622564864

What about this guy?

https://twitter.com/Vallmeister/status/1263935136271339521

It is a fairly despicable thing to do..,disagree with the facts if you wish, but don't demean/trivialise the argument, 'not cool' as Mort would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Hep C ,anyone? Grace report put back another year because the old bastxxd hasn't died yet. Sun and Star sitting on headlines ,going to be fun then

• Advertisement

Can't see Varadker wanting to sit in FF/Green/ Verona/FG coalition and being referred to as ex or former Taoiseach, by-election on the cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

At least you are honest.

So the people who put years of work into reform when the likes of Leo was an obstacle to them getting their rights are wrong to be annoyed by Leo's party now taking credit?

The only people who are annoyed are a handful of Shinners. They would be better off reading Mairia Cahill in today’s newspapers and quietly shutting up.

Can't see Varadker wanting to sit in FF/Green/ Verona/FG coalition and being referred to as ex or former Taoiseach, by-election on the cards?

Funny but sad and bitter.

Ain’t gonna happen.

Do you think this guy is miffed about him 'not coming out sooner' or does he have good cause?

What about this guy?

It is a fairly despicable thing to do..,disagree with the facts if you wish, but don't demean/trivialise the argument, 'not cool' as Mort would say.

Are random Twitter nutters now evidence of mass discontent? Like seriously, do you have any real evidence to back you up?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Funny but sad and bitter.

Ain’t gonna happen.

Unless they give him Finance (MM giving to BooBoo) I can't see anything else that's going to keep him around, every likelihood he'll end up junior minister or backbencher, Cant seeing that doing the ego any favours, big thick Phil might have to vacate the EU office just to give the fallen Prince some limelight.

On another point what was Simon Harris taking before he was on TV? He was def on something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,548 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

efanton wrote: »
    You are constantly telling people they are wrong, but never provide the evidence prove it.

Because its neigh on impossible to prove a hypothetical negative. Your 'What if' scenario is pure conjecture. Indeed I should be asking you for proof of your wild claim.

We have circa 245,000 people directly employed by multinationals in Ireland.
    Before Covid-19 we had over 2.2 million working people in the country.
    About 350,000 people were employed in the public sector which means around 1.85 million were employed by the private sector.

Every multinational job indirectly supports two others. So in effect, multinationals directly or indirectly support 735,000 workers, which is around 40% of all private workers in the country.

Good luck trying to replicate that.
    Again read what I say and how I say it. I was not stating a fact I was asking questions. If the evidence is there, then I will accept the evidence.

You are looking for hard evidence and facts for something that is pure speculation?

I totally get that FDI is good for the country, everything that adds to our economy is welcome. What I was curious about is the return on investment between supporting Multinationals and the return we would get if we gave those same supports to indigenous Irish companies.

So which Irish company for example should we support so that it grows into an international success and employ 6,000 people like Apple in Cork?
    Which indigenous Irish semi-conductor company should we support to employ the 4,500 people in Leixlip?
    Which Irish IT company should the government support so that it will then employ 8,000 people in Dublin, like Google currently does....

Maybe giving those supports to indigenous companies, would return very little.

The most truthful thing you have said in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,548 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Are random Twitter nutters now evidence of mass discontent? Like seriously, do you have any real evidence to back you up?

If its on Twitter it must be true.
    Just ask Gemma o'Doherty and John Waters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

FG and FF have blood on their hands from many years ago aswell

Don’t forget clan na poblachta, renua, progressive Democrats,communist party of Ireland Marxist-Leninist , clan na talún...... all blood on their hands.

Every one of them...and the GAA ,FAI , Legion of Mary, the Capucian Fathers penny dinners..all blood on their hands.

Dunnes stores, Tesco, too... even Harry Corry..all blood on their hands too.

Now are you happy!!!

What about this guy?

Hope you slept well with all them lemons in your mouth.
    Nothing changes the facts that ssm was introduced by and during the term of a FG led Govt, ditto our abortion legislation.
    Both campaigned for and legislated for by FG led govts.

• Advertisement

Unless they give him Finance (MM giving to BooBoo) I can't see anything else that's going to keep him around, every likelihood he'll end up junior minister or backbencher, Cant seeing that doing the ego any favours, big thick Phil might have to vacate the EU office just to give the fallen Prince some limelight.

On what planet is Leo about to become a junior minister?

Nothing changes the facts that ssm was introduced by and during the term of a FG led Govt, ditto our abortion legislation.

And legislated by Tories for the North.

Miriam O Callaghan

Q. Did you see the letter from HIQUA to the HSE?

Simon Harris (MINISTER FOR HEALTH)

A. I don't believe I did?

You either did or you didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

On what planet is Leo about to become a junior minister?

Only a wet week ago you were cheerleading the notion of him relishing the opposition benches.

Consistency my dear boy. :D

McMurphy wrote: »
    Only a wet week ago you were cheerleading the notion of him relishing the opposition benches.

Consistency my dear boy. :D

Silliness again.

I can still see him going into opposition, but becoming a junior minister? What sequence of events leads to that?

It simply isn't credible.

It is consistent to suggest that there are a number of credible outcomes to the current political situation. Those credible outcomes don't include Leo becoming a junior minister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Miriam O Callaghan

Q. Did you see the letter from HIQUA to the HSE?

Simon Harris (MINISTER FOR HEALTH)

A. I don't believe I did?

You either did or you didn't!

It was an email ,auto acknowledged
    Pretty strange way to conduct such business and to leave it at that, probably an ar5e covering exercise
    Regardless on one tenth the budget or less,we did twice to three times or more better a job than 4 of Europes largest countries in 2 months flat out,learning, learning,learning
    Thats a credit to all concerned

You remind me of the SDLP...jumping up and down shouting 'it was us saved you...you ungrateful bastards!'.

FGF - Fine Gael Fantasist Wing.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Pretty strange way to conduct such business and to leave it at that, probably an ar5e covering exercise
    Regardless on one tenth the budget or less,we did twice to three times or more better a job than 4 of Europes largest countries in 2 months flat out,learning, learning,learning

So just ignore what happened in Nursing Homes...so that you and a few others can feel 'I'm alright Jack and aren't we only brilliant'?

Ain't gonna happen.

Mortelaro wrote: »

Per 100,000 people we are the 8th worst in world for Deaths.

8th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Per 100,000 people we are the 8th worst in world for Deaths.

8th!

Is that true? I remember reading that other countries were excluding certain deaths (outside hospitals for example). Has that been standardised recently?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement