Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Per 100,000 people we are the 8th worst in world for Deaths.

8th!

That's a major exaggeration
    For a start we record ALL deaths
    Most countries don't
    Even comparing our figure with the restricted counting of others,we are still way better than France,Italy,Spain and the UK,all of which have multiples or 10 times plus of our resources

The ONS figure for the UK to the week ending may 15th which is their recording of all deaths to covid 19 reached over 42000

Our equivalent to date is half that when you multiply our number by 13 and our figure contains 12 more days than the latest UK's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Mortelaro wrote: »
    That's a major exaggeration
    For a start we record ALL deaths
    Most countries don't
    Even comparing our figure with the restricted counting of others,we are still way better than France,Italy,Spain and the UK,all of which have multiples or 10 times plus of our resources

The ONS figure for the UK to the week ending may 15th which is their recording of all deaths to covid 19 reached over 42000

Our equivalent to date is half that when you multiply our number by 13 and our figure contains 12 more days than the latest UK's

It was on RTE or Virgin last night.

Ireland is the 8th worst deaths per 100,000.

Until the numbers change, We are number 8.

Well wherever you heard it,its incorrect and obviously was not challenged
    The figures I gave above were from the UK's office of national statistics and it's a fact per head of population when you multiply ours by 13,we have half the deaths and that's comparing our figure from yesterday with theirs of a fortnight sgo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If that was true, it would be splashed all over the papers and on every news channel in Ireland. I expect someone has got numbers wrong

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If that was true, it would be splashed all over the papers and on every news channel in Ireland. I expect someone has got numbers wrong

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/maresa-fagan-ireland-among-countries-hardest-hit-by-covid-19-deaths-999563.html

That was one from last week, cant be arsed looking for more. It was either one of RTE or Virgin last night too

• Advertisement

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/maresa-fagan-ireland-among-countries-hardest-hit-by-covid-19-deaths-999563.html

That was one from last week, cant be arsed looking for more. It was either one of RTE or Virgin last night too

I reviewed the article, it mentions this website which has us at number 11

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I reviewed the article, it mentions this website which has us at number 11

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

That's Iran at 11 :D
    Ireland is number 30 in that list

Interesting too that the article DOES NOT differentiate between different countries counting different things
    We count All deaths and have done from the start

• Registered Users Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

8th!

Made your day did it, dude?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Interesting too that the article DOES NOT differentiate between different countries counting different things
    We count All deaths and have done from the start

Can we believe we are counting ALL deaths?

Hows the 100,000 tests a week going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Our excellent control of the pandemic must seriously disappoint you.

Difficult to get around a mindset like that, in fairness.

But there’s a lot of it about.....

Its interesting that rather than putting on the green Jersey, and recognizing how well we are doing you scour the internet looking for what turn out to be spurious head count comparison's in some puzzling effort to find the worst news possible-it isn't there

As I understand it btw,we have the capacity near 100000 tests but demand at this stage is low
    Its low because of the good job done by all concerned
    We are not comulsorily testing the population
    That would be a Gigantic waste of money

IN reality Ireland is doing than expected pre-virus. Some mistakes have been made but we have not seen anything close to the horror stories that other countries have seen and are still in the middle of

So far the most talked about subject seems to be Leo going out to relax at the weekend.

Our excellent control of the pandemic must seriously disappoint you.

Difficult to get around a mindset like that, in fairness.

But there’s a lot of it about.....

Yeh delighted my nanny and an aunty of mine passed away in PUBLIC nursing homes.

We have done excellent to control it alright

Yeh delighted my nanny and an aunty of mine passed away in PUBLIC nursing homes.

Mine survived and all of their friends
    Not as much as a sneeze,what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Appalling that the FG defenders are turning the pandemic into a macabre competition rather than take responsibility for some mistakes. Mistakes this government has made in other areas too...mainly the arrogance of power and the refusal to accept their way might be the wrong way in some instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So just ignore what happened in Nursing Homes...so that you and a few others can feel 'I'm alright Jack and aren't we only brilliant'?

Ain't gonna happen.

8th!

I see we have people rejoicing in the news about people dying so that they can use the numbers for political purposes.

It doesn't matter to them that they get the numbers wrong - once the lie is out there, they can delight in the smear.

The real numbers won't be out until we can look at excess mortality rates to see how well any country handled this crisis. That means it will be next year before we can carry out an adequate comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Sorry for your loss. Its certain in hindsight that nursing homes were neglected at the outset.
    Let's hope the worst of this is behind us, but it's easy to imagine your anger.

You remind me of the SDLP...jumping up and down shouting 'it was us saved you...you ungrateful bastards!'.

FGF - Fine Gael Fantasist Wing.

A bit rich coming from a SF do or dier,
    You just come across as a bigoted hypocrite really sometimes.
    I'm sure you probably aren't, but you need to work on your pr a bit more.

A bit rich coming from a SF do or dier,
    You just come across as a bigoted hypocrite really sometimes.
    I'm sure you probably aren't, but you need to work on your pr a bit more.

'Let's talk about SF'...again.

• Advertisement

'Let's talk about SF'...again.

Why?

Why?

So you can deflect from the point made...clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,548 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    There you go. Find one post by me making light of his sexual preference, I dare you.
    Apart from using the name any connotations are inferred by yourself or others to score points. We can add Varadkar's sexuality to the long list of names and incidents used by commentators like yourself to score points rather than address topics of discussion.
    You and others use the name chosen to duck and dodge comments relating to FG and it's policies. It's low grade discussion.

Ah yes, the wild and passionate denials.

The questions remain unanswered though.
    Why did you pick a handle of Leo Varakdar's Gay partner?
    Why did you change it?
    Do you not think it came across at best, strange, and at worst, a low level of homophobia?

Did you think it was 'funny' or just for a laugh?

Appalling that the FG defenders are turning the pandemic into a macabre competition rather than take responsibility for some mistakes. Mistakes this government has made in other areas too...mainly the arrogance of power and the refusal to accept their way might be the wrong way in some instances.

No matter what any government have done they can be accussed of mistakes

In reality Ireland has not got hit as hard as expected because of the decisions made by the government and the supporting parties.

At the start of this you had videos of trucks taking bodies out of churchs in Italy, mass graves been dug.

That is still happening today in other countries, not in Ireland.

What different would you haev done?

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah yes, the wild and passionate denials.

The questions remain unanswered though.
    Why did you pick a handle of Leo Varakdar's Gay partner?
    Why did you change it?
    Do you not think it came across at best, strange, and at worst, a low level of homophobia?

Did you think it was 'funny' or just for a laugh?

That question has never been answered.

Without a clear answer, it just looks like low-level homophobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I know Dessie Ellis SF TD was publishing fake news about nursing homes deaths but still sickening (but not surprising) to see SF supporters trying to score political points with the nursing home deaths.

I know Dessie Ellis SF TD was publishing fake news about nursing homes deaths but still sickening (but not surprising) to see SF supporters trying to score political points with the nursing home deaths.

Fake news, propaganda, low-level racist and homophobic comments about the Taoiseach, they are all part of the playbook of Sinn Fein public representatives.

No matter what any government have done they can be accussed of mistakes

In reality Ireland has not got hit as hard as expected because of the decisions made by the government and the supporting parties.

At the start of this you had videos of trucks taking bodies out of churchs in Italy, mass graves been dug.

That is still happening today in other countries, not in Ireland.

What different would you haev done?

The hysterical abuse of those who wish to discuss those mistakes on the relevant FG thread is the issue.

We have now descended into a macabre competition with other countries tragedies in order to not take on board responsibility for mistakes.

See what happened when I mentioned the Nursing Home issue. I was 'rejoicing' in the deaths apparently.

Disgusting debating tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And then rant and rave that FG supporters use the deaths from the PIRA to score political points.

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/timeline-how-covid-19-crisis-in-nursing-homes-unfolds-in-correspondence-1.4263357
    Hundreds of pages of correspondence between the Department of Health and nursing homes’ organisations earlier this year have been released and have highlight how the Covid-19 crisis in elderly care homes unfolded.

This is not going to help FG at all if GE2 is called.

Mr Daly, head of Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), seems to have been on the ball from the very get go. His first of many letters to the HSE regarding covid sent on February 28th and more or less continuous throughout the month of March.
    Numerous requests for information, a protocol or process for discharge of elderly patients from hospital to nursing homes, and requests for assistance in acquiring PPE seem to have been ignored for more than a month as well as a demand that the government stop recruiting staff from nursing homes to work elsewhere.

For all the good FG might have done with regards the Covid crisis they really dropped the ball on the nursing homes. You would have thought it obvious that being the elderly are most vulnerable the nursing homes would have been near the very top of priorities especially when it was pointed out to them through official channels on so many occasions.

Shame really because in every other respect the government has handled the covid crisis pretty well up until this point.
    Now there's talk of cutting the supports for those who cannot work.
    FG better hope the talks with the Greens succeed in forming a government because it looks like they have created their own stick for other parties to beat them with if another election has to take place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement